[Upcoming Drama TBA] Signal 2, 시그널 2

larus

@ChyuuNyuu You're welcome!

I don't think the culprit of the first case was changed to a man - the lack of English subs on the free Ep1 on Youtube official channel is frustrating and the auto-translation seems misleading. I caught what appears to be reviews of each episode and from what I see of Ep2, they also had the scene where I-Cha Soo Hyun stood in front of the culprit's car as she was trying to drive off, so my guess is the culprit should still be a female nurse.

I don't really think that CSH was really portrayed as weaker compared to LJH or PHY. I guess that sometimes it does feel that way because we are privy to her, both as a green rookie and a seasoned detective, and as a rookie, she was far more clueless and vulnerable. Still, I think the Hongwon-dong case (Eps 9-11) beautifully highlighted just how awesome a character she is - overcoming the terrible trauma of her brush with near death, facing her fears and her tormenter - impeccably portrayed by Kim Hyesoo. In each adaptation, this case is one that I look forward to and measure the performance of the CSH-equivalent against. Thus far, the J-remake did not adapt it while the C-remake had such a watered down version of the scene when she was saved by C-LJH that annoyed me no end. I don't know whether the Thai or Hindi remake adapted it or not. Hopefully both versions will be available on one of the streaming platforms I am subscribed to one day soon.