[Movie 2020] Alive, 살아있다

0ly40

#ALIVE (2020) MOVIE REVIEW BY PETER PLUYMERS

#Saraitda (original title)

Director: Il Cho
Writers: Il Cho (screenplay), Matt Naylor
Stars: Ah-In Yoo, Shin-Hye Park, Bae-soo Jeon

I had nothing but words of praise for the movie “The night eats the World” or “La Nuit a dévoré le monde”. A quirky film about a Parisian who suddenly wakes up in a Paris occupied by zombies. “#Alive” (original title “#Saraitda”) is the South Korean version. The only difference is that the zombies are portrayed more explicitly here. About the French version, I said that non-zombie movie aficionados could watch it without worrying about leaving skid marks in their underwear every time such a hollow-eyed creature appears around the corner. This rule does not apply to “#Alive”.

When Oh Joon-woo (Ah-In Yoo) wakes up early in the morning and crawls behind his PC to continue gaming, he doesn’t realize that the day will turn out very differently than usual. Soon, alarming news reports are broadcasted about a strange disease that is spreading 

rapidly, causing people to become enraged and attacking fellow citizens with bloodshot eyes. When Joon-woo looks out the window of the apartment, he witnesses this bizarre phenomenon. The young gamer is smart enough not to rush out of the apartment in a panic. Instead, he barricades the front door, makes an inventory of what’s left to eat, and tries to make contact with the outside world. It’s not really a surprise that this isn’t so easy to do.

The largest part of the film takes place in the apartment, just like in “La Nuit a dévoré le monde”. You witness how someone has to deal with a life-threatening situation and how they desperately look for a way to escape this situation. Of course, he’s faced with the inevitable. After a while, he is confronted with a lack of food and liquor. The fact that there’s a fully loaded drinks cabinet with liters of spirits can provide short entertainment. But really quenching thirst with it isn’t really recommended. Missing his family and the corresponding loneliness are also starting to weigh heavily. Contact with the outside world is not possible. And keeping a video diary only helps partially.

Time to introduce the next protagonist. Namely the young girl Kim Yoo-bin (Shin-Hye Park) who lives in an apartment right across that from Oh Joon-woo. What follows is a primitive interaction between the two individuals using technical aids such as tablets and a drone. Both have the same goal in mind and that’s surviving. Not that people who have a similar 

situation in other zombie films don’t have this goal. But instead of going out and trying to find their way through a zombie-plagued society, the two sit quietly in their hideaway and wait for the right time.

“#Alive” is not very original and basically shows nothing new. The zombies themselves do look extremely creepy. There are times when things are getting tense. There are also some funny situations to be seen. Towards the end, they added a separate storyline. Some will find this disruptive. On the other hand, I thought it was a successful addition. It brought a bit of variation to the overall story. Maybe the denouement was a bit over-the-top. But overall I could agree with the general tone of this movie. Ultimately, we are now in a similar situation with the COVID pandemic. Of course, there aren’t any zombies. But many people haven’t left their homes for quite some time in the last six months to prevent worse.

So, “#Alive” is more than a regular zombie movie if you look at it that way. Are you a fan of zombie flicks such as “La Nuit a dévoré le Monde”? Or to a greater extent also “Zoo”? Well, you should give this South Korean variant a try on Netflix. It’s well worth it.

cr. https://movieburnerentertainment.org/2020/10/06/alive-review/

THE BEST KOREAN HORROR MOVIES

Ever since the Asian horror remake boom of the 2000s, which saw American remakes of homegrown movies like A Tale of Two Sisters and Into the Mirror, Korea has leveraged the spotlight by releasing acclaimed takes on zombies (Train to Busan), vampires, (Thirst), eco-terrors (The Host) and more. We’ve gathered every Korean horror movie with 60% or more on the Tomatometer and ranked them in our guide to the best Korean horror movies

#ALIVE (2020)                                                                                                              #7
 86%

Critics Consensus: No consensus yet.
Synopsis: The rapid spread of an unknown infection has left an entire city in ungovernable chaos, but one survivor remains alive... [More]
Directed By: Il Cho

6.SAVE THE GREEN PLANET (2004)
5.GONJIAM: HAUNTED ASYLUM (2018)
4.THE HOST (2007)

3.TRAIN TO BUSAN (BUSANHAENG) (2016)

2.THE WAILING (GOKSUNG) (2016)

1.SEOUL STATION (2016)

THTHE WAILING (GOKSUNG) (2016)E WAILING (GOKSUNG) (2016)

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/guide/best-korean-horror-movies/?cmp=TWRT_Edit_Guide_KoreanHorror

Imagen

Imagen

Spoiler

Imagen

cr netflixjp

映画『#生きている』の #パクシネ が連想ゲームに挑戦

さらに、ゲームの中で、好きな #ネトフリ 作品にも言及?

今すぐ動画をチェック!

#生きている』独占配信中

#Park Shin Hye from the movie "#Alive" challenges an associative game

Also mention your favorite #Netflix work in the game?

Check out the video now!

Exclusive distribution of "#Alive

• 2 weeks later...

9 Freaky Korean Flicks To Watch On Halloween

9 Freaky Korean Flicks To Watch On Halloween

Oct 25, 2020

Whether you like to curl up on your couch and watch an easy-going thriller or a full blown horror flick, Halloween is the perfect time to do it. Korean movies are able to deliver some serious psychological thrillers and grotesque gore that will linger in your mind for days to come. If you’re new to Korean cinema, here’s a list of some popular ones that you should start with.

Note: List is in no particular order.

1. “Alive”

alive.jpg

Yoo Ah In stars as Joon Woo, a gamer who spends most of his days streaming for his followers online. One day, there is breaking news that a disease is spreading rapidly where people are eating other people. Joon Woo fights to survive in his home and also meets Yoo Bin (Park Shin Hye) who helps him survive by sending him food.

This film takes you on a journey through the eyes of Joon Woo and it does a very good job of showing what life would be like if there was a zombie apocalypse for a lot of people today. It’s a good thriller without being too scary or grotesque, which is perfect for those of you with a weak stomach. There’s also the added privilege of seeing Yoo Ah In and Park Shin Hye together in a movie and they are great as co-stars! It’s a definite must-watch for this Halloween season.

link. soompi.com/article/1430203wpp/9-freaky-korean-flicks-to-watch-on-halloween

The 41st Blue Dragon Film Awards

Vote for : 
LINK IN MY BIO

#살아있다 ( #Alive)

#박신혜 ( #ParkShinHye)

#유아인 (#YooAhIn)

.Best Actress Category - ‪ #살아있다‬ - 박신혜‬

Popularity Award Actress Category - 박신혜‬ ( don't forget type her name in hangul )

There are boxes need to be fill just put #ALIVE on it.

LINK: blueaward.co.kr/bbs/board.php?bo_table=blue_event&wr_id=53&sca=doing

Imagen

Imagen

The Hollywood version of the movie'#Alive', a child of'reverse remake', was released (video)

The Hollywood version of'#Alive' starring Park Shin-hye, a young child who succeeded in the box office with a final audience of 1.9 million, will be released on the 18th.

On the 9th, Lotte Cinema released a trailer for'Alone (Director Johnny Martin)' through Facebook. 'Alone' is the Hollywood version of'#I Live', which was released in June, and was produced based on the same scenario by Matt Tyler. 

Scenes similar to'#Alive' were often captured in the released trailer. Overall, an isolated man in a city surrounded by zombies found a neighbor woman living in an apartment opposite to him and drew a plan to escape together.

Spoiler

img_20201110150658_737b5cc0.webp

img_20201110150723_da14dfd1.webp

Spoiler

img_20201110151343_c4f0a3e2.webp

img_20201110151706_f1d865dc.webp

However, it is said that'#Alive' focuses on the will and hope for life, and the story unfolds, while'Alone' further maximizes the fear of the characters.

In'Alone','Black Panther','Captain Marvel','Logan' action team participated, and'Anabel' filming team,'Congering 2'special effects team, and'Godzilla' sound effects team were together to raise expectations for completeness. Teen star Tyler Posey participated as the lead and producer. 

Expectations are raised for the fun of comparing the differences between two films produced based on the same scenario.

http://www.wikitree.co.kr/articles/589834

#Alive still the sixth most watched (Korean) movie this year in Korea, surpassing several films, including the famous Steel Rain 2 and Pawn (starring Ha Ji Won and actor Dong-Il, the third-l of 'Sisyphus:the myth' with Park Shin Hye and Cho Sung Woo)

link. http://http://http://koreanfilm.or.kr/eng/news/boxOffice_Yearly.jsp?mode=BOXOFFICE_YEAR

via@_MORonel

vi

Imagen

[N Focus] Eight Korean films that passed the break-even point this year… The box office in the corona era

(Seoul = News 1) Reporter Jeong Yu-jin | 2020-11-14 07:00 sent

optimize

The days when the birth of 10 million films was not boring is now in the past. Of course, it is because of the impact of the new coronavirus infection (Corona 19) that hit not only Korea but the world this year. Even now, movies that cross the break-even point are uncommon in theaters. The number of audiences visiting theaters in Korea has declined sharply since the time when they entered the sphere of full-scale influence of Corona 19 in February. Apart from the box office, it has become difficult to find a movie that selects'Bonjeon'.

After the spread of Corona 19 in March became more intense, the number of theater audiences dropped sharply due to social distancing. Afterwards, the zombie movie ``#Alive'' (director Jo Il-hyung), starring Park Shin-hye, a toddler who appeared in late June, at the beginning of the summer peak season, also broke the break-even point. Earlier, the break-even point for this movie was expected to be 2.2 million, but the break-even point fell by recording higher-than-expected sales in the VOD market like'Namsan's managers'. The final score of'#Alive', which exceeded the revised break-even point of 1.9 million, is 1.9 million,3727.

#ALIVE is NO.5 Top Movies on Netflix Korea in 2020

#Alive has been ranked as one of the most watched film this 2020. 
South Korea - Top 5
Worlwide - Top 17

"The propaganda of the Korean movie #Alive is outstanding, and it is ranked 17th in the world on the 18th.
On September 11th, distributor Lotte Entertainment cited the content ranking site Flix Patrol and announced that #Alive topped the Netflix movie charts in 35 countries in the world within two days of its release."

http://www.mhns.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=421551

Imagen

Shin-Hye Park "I hope you get more attention in Korean movies with'#ALive' on Netflix...

배우 박신혜 / 사진제공=넷플릭스

associate_pic

https://newsis.com/view/?id=NISX20201124_0001245438&cID=10601&pID=10600

optimize

▲'Call' Park Shin-hye <Photo Source=Netflix> © Break News

ALIVE, which also ranked #1 on the Netflix movie global chart for the movie'#Alive' in which Park Shin-hye appeared earlier. When a related question came up, Park Shin-hye said, "I didn't really know well because I couldn't feel it even after hearing the story. In front of me, I wasn't able to feel it with my skin, so I was embarrassed. I trembled.

"When a movie is released in Korea, sometimes overseas fans regret it. Every time I was disappointed, but this time, as'Cole' was released through Netflix, a lot of people watched it together. For fans who like me rather than grades, the same is true for fans who like me. I am personally happy that I can show you on time. Of course, I hope the movie will go well," he laughed.

Following <#Alive>, which mobilized 1.9 million viewers, Park Shin-hye, who once again met Netflix audiences with <Call>, said, “<#Alive> is a work released on Netflix after the theater release, and <Call> is only Netflix. There is a difference in that it is an open work. <#Alive> received a lot of love from the audience at the theater even in the situation of Corona 19, and hasn't it gained great popularity, such as ranking first in the world even after Netflix was released? I felt like I received a lot of love that I had never thought of, and I hope that <Call> will also be loved by many people (laughs)”.

cr. http://www.mydaily.co.kr/new_yk/html/read.php?newsid=202011241045263738&ext=da
 http://www.breaknews.com/sub_read.html?uid=769232

Hankook Ilbo

Shin-hye Park "#1 in the world'# Alive' is amazing... thanks to the popularity of K zombies" (Interview)

Input 2020.11.24. 12:37 PM
원본 이미지
Park Shin-hye. Netflix provided

Actress Park Shin-hye mentioned the popularity of the movie'#Alive' in harmony with Yoo Ah-in.

Park Shin-hye appeared with a bright face in the online movie'Cole' interview on the morning of the 24th to meet the reporters. He is currently filming the drama and was tested for Corona 19 the day before and was negative.

On this day, Park Shin-hye said about the world's No. 1 in'#Alive', "While we could check the movie score with our eyes and check the stage greetings, the stage greetings disappeared from'Alive' and I couldn't feel it with my skin in front of my eyes. The fisheye was dumb. It's really amazing to be number one. How can I be number one in the world."

Previously, according to Flix Patrol, a site that provides video content ranking charts in September, Netflix rose to No. 1 on the movie charts in 35 countries around the world, including the United States, France, Spain, Sweden, Russia, and Australia, after two days of revealing'#Live'. Lotte Entertainment, a distributor, said that'#Live' is the first time that a Korean movie has won Netflix #1 in the US and European markets.

Park Shin-hye said, "Isn't it because Netflix'Kingdom' had a K-Zombie issue before that. It's so grateful and happy" and mentioned the'Kingdom' series that caused the K-Zombie Syndrome around the world.

“Sometimes like that. When a movie is released in Korea, overseas fans regret it. Dramas can be viewed on streaming services or other platforms, but it's hard to see movies. There was a regret every time, but this time'Cole' is Netflix Netflix. I personally feel more happy to be able to show them all at the same time to the fans who like me personally, rather than my performances.”

n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/469/0000556599