[Movie 2020] Alive, 살아있다

0ly40

10 Heart Pumping Korean Films To Watch If You Loved '#Alive'

And you liked that it did. #NoJudgment
by MIA RODRIGUEZ FOR SPOT.PH | 5 days ago

We can't quite put our finger on it, but there's something about 2020 that makes us think about the end of the world as we know it. If Netflix's Top 10 list is anything to go by, it looks like Pinoys are definitely riding the action-filled apocalypse train, too. South Korean blockbuster hit #Alive has been reigning supreme at the top spot these past few days and if you've got a hankering for more blood-pumping, adrenaline-filled films, we have you covered. There's no lack of epic thriller films from South Korea and we list down a few that deserve to be on your must-watch list.

Ready your nerves: Here are more South Korean films to put on your watch list!
1. #Alive
I would recommend the Korean zombie movie #alive on Netflix. It’s fun and not your typical US made story where 80% of the movie it’s squishing zombie heads and narrowly escaping ridiculously implausible action sequences.

Showing Top 10 Movies & TV Series on Netflix for September 25th, 2020

Global Top 10 Movies & TV Series on Netflix

❤️Full top 50 here: https://whats-on-netflix.com/what-to-watch/top-25-most-watched-movies-tv-series-last-week-september-20th-2020/

1 Enola Holmes (780 global points) Ratched (780 global points)
2 The Devil All the Time (501 global points) Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous (501 global points)
3 The Social Dilemma (496 global points) Lucifer (496 global points)
4 The Paramedic (312 global points) Away (312 global points)
5 365 Days (154 global points) Friends (154 global points)
6 The Emoji Movie (135 global points) 100 Dias Para Enamorarnos (135 global points)
7 #Alive (89 global points) Cobra Kai (89 global points)
8 What Men Want (83 global points) Baby (83 global points)
9 How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (80 global points) Her Mother's Killer (80 global points)
10 Love, Guaranteed (78 global points)

-

Saturday, 12 September 2020, 08:34 EDT

Modified date: Saturday, 12 September 2020, 08:34 EDT

#Alive: Reasons Why There Should Be A Sequel

Netflix recently brought home one of the most talked-about hit Korean movie into the streaming platform. One such movie has recently made its way into the streaming platform and fans are elated!

Is Hit Korean Zombie Movie #Alive Going to Have A Sequel? Here’s What We Know.

Hit Zombie movie #Alive went on to become a big box office success back in South Korea and Netflix streamed it recently as an international release. The film has been gaining positive responses from fans due to its unconventional take on the whole zombie terror.

What’s Next For The Pair Of Survivors In The Korean Movie #Alive? Have A Look.

The movie forces more in the gruesome loneliness and despair that the protagonist, Joon-woo faces while self-isolating all alone without any needful amenities or contact with the outer world as well. Later Joon-woo realizes that he is not the only one in that situation.

While the film has released on Netflix just a few days ago, we wonder whether a sequel movie is on the cards or not! While the first film ending is pretty self-explanatory but it did leave behind a possibility for another sequel happening. It is still a bit too early as the director or the cast members have not made any such promises yet.

A #Alive Sequel Movie Won’t Be Such A Bad Idea!

Moreover, while most of the popular zombie movie has returned with another sequel, we are not yet sure about this one as the makers are yet to make any such announcements. However, fans would really like to know what happens for the self-isolating phase, and is there a new story afterward? The second movie can focus on the pair after they were rescued by the military just when they lost all hope! With the two ultimately surviving the zombie attack, what’s next for them? A sequel movie might have the answer, fans would like to see the aftermath of the attack.

https://thedigitalwise.com/2020/09/12/alive-reasons-why-there-should-be-a-sequel/

Zombie Apocalypse? Poggers. ‘#Alive’ Film Review

It’s hard to get creative with zombie films today. It almost feels as if everything’s a matter of “been there, done that.” As a zombie movie lover myself, even I can admit that, but South Korean zombie films and shows have taken the spotlight in recent years (Train to Busan and Kingdom, anyone?). With that being said, Cho Il-hyung and Matt Naylor’s #Alive includes refreshing elements that may resonate with today’s tech generation in a hyper-connected world.

The film follows Oh Joon-woo (Yoo Ah-in), a college student who’s built a decent following through video game live streaming. On a day that was supposed to be just like any other day, a zombie apocalypse ensues while he watches the chaos unfold several floors below from the balcony of his apartment. He then barricades himself in his own home, losing his sanity with each passing week spent alone—until he meets fellow survivor, Kim Yoo-bin (Park Shin-hye).

What I found most interesting about ‘#Alive’ was its creative use of technology in the film. Considering that Joon-woo seems fairly popular in the video game live streaming biz, at least in South Korea (home to many dominant players in the e-sports scene), he also has quite a following on social media. He notices that many Instagram users are still alive, waiting to be rescued. In another post, he sees a man fall to his death from his apartment while trying to capitalize on the dire situation for content. I don’t think it’d be way out in the left field to say that people would do the exact same thing if the apocalypse were to occur in real life. In fact, I know people would still be trying to get their 15 minutes of fame online even with the threat of being ripped apart by flesh-eating monsters. A commentary on what our hyper-connectedness is going to do to us in the future? Sure, but it can’t be ignored that it has its uses. Joon-woo reaches out to fellow survivors by making an Instagram post stating that he’s trapped in his apartment and needs to be rescued, ending with the hashtag #StayAlive. Hopefully, his gaming skills will come in handy in the meantime.

While zombie films are inevitably formulaic—stock up on food and water, find a weapon, don’t get bitten, etc., it is Joon-woo’s fast-formed friendship with Yoo-bin that carries the film. They form this friendship in creative ways considering that they are both in separate apartment blocks situated across the street from one another. Mind you, there are a whole lot of very hungry zombies in the way. Joon-woo flies his drone (most likely received for free as part of a sponsorship—gamer perks!) across to Yoo-bin’s unit so that they may transfer food and other necessary supplies between each other. One of my favorite moments is when they “share a meal” by eating ramyeon simultaneously in their respective apartments (and coincidentally discovering that they prepare it the same exact way—adorbz!). Another heartwarming moment is when they lay on their couches, talking about everything and nothing at all over their walkie-talkies. There was something satisfying in seeing that they forgot about the world ending around them, even if only temporary. For a moment, everything felt close to being normal again.

All in all, I appreciated how in-tune the film was with today’s tech generation, especially with regards to the rise of video game streamers and social media influencers. Combine those factors with a zombie apocalypse, and you get a pretty interesting watch. My overall rating for this film: 7/10.

K-Zombie movies '#Alive' and 'Peninsula' are international hits

Sunday, September 27, 2020    No comments

644496679_fD1WZvVI_img3.daumcdn.jpg

Article: Korean movies are a hit internationally... another opportunity amidst the virus

Source: YTN via Naver

1. [+67, -10] 'Peninsula' ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ that did not do well in theaters all over the world, it actually disappointed everyone by trying to ride on the coattails of 'Train to Busan'

2. [+60, -7] '#Alive' is actually more realistic than I thought

3. [+40, -1] Yoo Ah In's acting was really good in '#Alive'! Congratulations to it on getting #1 global!

4. [+35, -2] Yoo Ah In's acting was great and he looked cute in the movie as well. It's definitely the type of character that you could imagine trying to navigate a situation like that. Very fun movie.

5. [+31, -4] I liked that '#Alive' had a realistic aspect to it, like you could picture a real person in that scenario

6. [+26, -0] I enjoyed '#Alive' in theaters. Yoo Ah In's acting was great. I watched it again on Netflix and I'm proud that it got #1 on the global movie chart.

7. [+24, -1] '#Alive' is worth a watch. I kinda lost focus towards the end because there were just too many coincidences happening back to back but it's a fun movie I'd recommend.

8. [+22, -0] It's great that Korean content is doing well globally. I hope that we can get this virus under control so we can enjoy these movies in theaters without worry soon.

9. [+66, -48] I actually consider these two movies an embarrassment to our country. They're below B-tier.

10. [+22, -6] I enjoyed the cast for '#Alive' as well as the director's style. Much praise for the scenario screenwriters. It's a fun movie.

bit.ly/3ibzTlI

juwe.art

juwe.art

juwe.art

#Alive update

Top1️⃣1️⃣ #Netflix this year ( 6604 p)
Top4️⃣ #Netflix this month 
Top1️⃣0️⃣ #Google For 40 days 

Rating [update] : 
#IMDb 6.2/10 (From 15.230 ) 
ROTTEN TOMATOES : 89% ( 18 )
ALLOCINÉ : 3/5 

3/5

cr. @PSH_MORfans

Oct 1, 2020 9:45am PT

Led by BTS, ‘Parasite,’ ‘#Alive’ and More, South Korea’s Entertainment Biz Is Taking the World by Storm

By Patrick Frater

Oct 1, 2020 9:45am PT

In August alone, boy band BTS’ latest confection, “Dynamite,” racked up a record number of plays on YouTube and topped the Billboard music charts, while Korean zombie movie “Peninsula” smashed the Asian box office, and another zombie offering, “#Alive,” briefly was the most-watched item planetwide on Netflix. 

Which Zombies Would You Be Willing To Be Stuck With? Yoo Ah-In Or Park Shin Hye?

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 02, 2020

netflix%2Bzoombie.jpg

There are zombies in every part of the universe, no matter where you go or which world you enter. The real question here is, are you willing to be stuck with a group of people so you can buddy up to stay #ALIVE OR if you would prefer to be alone and fend for yourself against the flesh-eating monsters? Check out the list below and decide which zombie situation you would choose to be in, if you had to choose.

1. #ALIVE 

alive.jpg

While these zombies might seem like average zombies, beware - they’re actually pretty smart. This film is a lesson for all of us who are glued and attached to our phone. If you end up in a zombie situation like this, be prepared to be resourceful and consider analog solutions, get used to be being alone, and learn how to ration your food and drinks to well, stay #ALIVE. 

cr. https://www.gokpop.co/2020/10/which-zombies-would-you-be-willing-to.html

#ALIVE: The new thriller “made in korea”

If you haven’t seen it yet … #Alive.

alive.jpg?resize=540%2C774&ssl=1

#Alive,” released in June, is a survival thriller about people stranded alone in their apartments, with data, Wi-Fi, texts and phones all cut off, as people of unknown causes have started attacking residents.

#Alive” is a work that energizes the cinema, which had been deserted because of the Covid19, was broadcast around the world on September 8th via Netflix. Since then, “#Alive” has become the first Korean film to top the Netflix Global Movie Rankings.

It is unusual for “#Alive” to be ranked #1 on Netflix in the US and European markets for all drama and film content produced in Korea. It shows the potential of Kmovie content with a new survival thriller.

If you haven’t seen “#Alive” enjoyed by viewers around the world yet, why not check it out on Netflix while on vacation in Chuseok?

Journalist: Shawn
Translator: Shawn
Source: Netflix

cr. https://kstationtv.com/2020/10/02/alive-the-new-thriller-made-in-korea/?lang=en

OSEN

'Corona 19 Aftermath' No.. "What if?" [Oh! Strong Pic]

Input 2020.10.02. 10:02 am

Revision 2020.10.02. 10:11 PM

Spoiler

Original image

[OSEN=Reporter Cho Eun-jung]

The Busan International Film Festival, which thrilled filmmakers when the cool autumn breeze blows, will not be able to meet the audience this year. This is because the film industry was also hit by a new coronavirus infection (COVID-19), and the 25th Busan International Film Festival was decided to hold down.

The Busan International Film Festival, which was scheduled to be held from October 7 to 16, was postponed for two weeks from the 21st to the 30th. Opening and closing ceremonies, red carpets, outdoor events such as greetings on the outdoor stage where a large audience can gather, and open talks, and small-scale gatherings are not held at all. Overseas movie officials also do not invite them. Receptions and parties held for filmmakers' networking are also canceled.

Particularly, the red carpet event of the Busan International Film Festival, which was the center of the topic every year, became more regrettable. Although you can't go directly to the Busan International Film Festival, how about seeing the red carpets of actors who played an active part in your imagination?

원본 이미지

Movie'#Alive (Director Ilhyung Jo)' Kim Yu-bin and Park Shin-Hye

원본 이미지

The movie'#Alive (Director Ilhyung Jo)' Oh Joon-woo and Yoo Ah In 

google translate

full article. https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/109/0004283007