[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Spirit Realm/The World of Fantasy 灵域

sugarplum892

22 hours ago, SC2019 said:

@Fenny Liong I haven't read the novel but what I do believe is that their romance is somewhat the Romeo and Juliet kind, in their past lives. Because of the orb that the ML keeps saying is in his mind, I believe, a part of his spirit is restrained, the one which contains the memories or spirit of Gong Mu Lie, of the Heaven's Bloodline who was in love with Wu Chun, of the Nether Lands. He is descended from the conqueror who enslaved the human race, including the Netherlands. And I think someone has kept those memories in the orb to deter them from re-enacting their love in this lifetime (?) as it was believed that it would lead to a catastrophic outcome. It's kinda like Ashes of Love where the FL had a spell placed on her to prevent her from loving; same here, our ML can't feel the love emotion. This explains why our ML says he wants to love our FL, but cannot as the 'love' emotion of his past self is trapped in his mind (I think).  

Thanks for the info :)

Completed this drama without fast forward
i rate it 5.5/10
better than "legend of awakening 2020 天醒之路" but suffer from the same faults and bad ending
1 of the 3 directors from this drama is from LoA 2020 天醒之路

actress cheng xiao's "no kissing scene" rule applies for both drama

Spoiler

"black smoke" gaoyu never reappeared after the ice vs lava elemental battle although the blood elemental guru said he survived the fight

male lead character maxed out his fighting skills at this stage , later episodes he fought the same way without anything new

songtingyu presumably gone after her body was absorbed by the artificial AI ye-xian-er fairy

grandpa is gone and only explained as "trapped elsewhere"

it wasn't clearly explained the 3 tier of human , immortal , overlord ruler race
feels like an onion , other drama only have 2 tier while this have an "dimensional alien class" above the immortals and their heaven palace hierarchy
gongmulie is a mixed , sometimes he can have "giant size"

the mass battle scenes against the giants are memory flashback and zoom out far away

in the whole drama I think only the 2 "high priestess" died

bad ending as it show the assembled men group going to the heaven palace or the aliens
female lead "dead" again , same as LoA 2020 天醒之路

• Guest changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Spirit Realm/The World of Fantasy 灵域

Archived