[drama 2006] Dae Jo Young 대조영

Guest pinklegirl007

Guest pssrby2005

Thank you everyone for all the information and uploads for this series. I just found out about Choi Soo Jong after finishing watching Emperor of the Sea and I am so taken by him I'm searching for his old and new dramas. This will be good to last me a long while. Thank you again.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Episodes 97 – 98 Summaries

Hello!

I’ve been noticing that there were no episode summaries being provided by any member. :o

I took the liberty to post here the summary of those latest episodes I have recently watched. :D

Please bear with me on the contents, and just correct any inaccurate details.

Note also that conversations I put here were only based on what I recall, and not the exact words spoken by the characters.

Episode 97 (aired Sep-01 in the Phil):

Xue Rengui’s proposal for the break-up of Khitan-Goguryeon alliance is in the works

Arrival of Tang Envoy

Tang envoy arrives at the Goguryeon village to give the scepter of state to General Dae Jungsang. Meanwhile, the Khitans were infuriated that the Tang did not even greet their King (the Supreme Khan). Li Kaigu and his men set foot on Goguryeon village to get hold of the Tang envoy. The Khitans then locked up the Tang envoy for further interrogation about the matter.

Shin Hong and Tang Minister

Shin Hong forced the minister of the Tang envoy to spill out the secret agreement between Tang and Goguryeons. But since there really wasn’t any “secret agreement” at all, Shin Hong conspired with the minister to create one.

Inquisition at the Conference Hall

The Supreme Khan called for DJY, Dae Jung Sang, and the rest of the Goguryeon leaders. DJY uttered that since both the Khitans and Goguryeons were unaware of the Tang envoy’s real intention, such must then be a plot by the Tangs to break-up the Khitan-Goguryeon alliance. Shin Hong, who disagreed to DJY, said there was proof of the Goguryeons’ betrayal, as evidenced by the Tang minister’s confession the night before. DJY firmly defended that whatever would come out of the Tang minister’s mouth would definitely be a lie.

The Tang minister, who was summoned by the Supreme Khan, spoke that the scepter of state was actually granted by the Empress in gratitude to Dae Jungsang for sparing Xue Rengui’s life in the last battle. All were startled upon hearing this, and Dae Jungsang could not speak a word. The Khitans noted that there was only a handful Tang soldiers who lived in the battle, and it was therefore nearly impossible for them to have escaped unless somebody helped them. The Supreme Khan, deeply distressed, cried out to DJY how he could have betrayed the Khitan’s trust. While expressing such anger, the Supreme Khan suddenly fainted and meeting at the conference hall was dismissed.

Dae Jungsang and DJY

Meanwhile, Dae Jungsang and DJY talked, father-to-son.

Dae Jungsang: Will you not ask me about what happened?

DJY: I know you have your reasons.

Dae Jungsang: In the past I was different. I always put loyalty for one’s country before personal feelings. I even killed my best friend before because he betrayed Goguryeo [Note: Probably he was talking about Li Kaigu’s father]…. But then in the last battle, as I was about to strike my sword against Xue Rengui, all I could see was my son’s face. And all I could hear was my son’s heartbeat. How could I kill the man who saved my son from execution? :(

Khitans in Command, Goguryeon soldiers seemingly prisoners

Sun Wanrong took over the administrative affairs of the state, while the Supreme Khan Li Jinzhong still remained unconscious in bed. Li Kaigu commanded the Khitan soldiers to surround the Goguryeon village and closely monitor every move of DJY and other Goguryeon soldiers. None of the Goguryeon soldiers could get out from there while they were being closely guarded by the Khitans.

Chang’an

Empress Wu ordered Xue Rengui to assemble a huge punitive army that would attack and thereby finally eliminate the Turks. Xue Rengui expressed his hesitation as such would cause their economy to decline. Other Tang government leaders supported him. But Empress Wu strongly uttered that her command could not and should not be challenged by anyone.

Last Scene: Goguryeon heads in the Conference Hall

Mimosa called for a meeting with the Goguryeon soldiers, without DJY. He told them how they can execute the plan to seize Yingzhou. Gaepilsamun and Tungso agreed with Mimosa, but Gulsabiwu and Heuk Sudol were reluctant since DJY already disapproved the idea. Suddenly, DJY entered the hall.

DJY: What were you discussing? Were you talking again about the plan I told you to abandon before? We have to patiently wait since we cannot resolve anything through violence here in the Khitan grounds.

Mimosa: We were not planning to defy your orders. If I disobey your command, I myself will surrender my head.

Gulsabiwu and Heuk Sudol were surprised at such statement by Mimosa.

Episode 98 (aired Sep-02 in the Phil):

Geom’s trust on DJY’s true intentions is put to the test

Carrying out of Mimosa’s Plans

Gulsabiwu and Heuk Sudol were asking Mimosa about what he told DJY.

Mimosa: DJY has his moral obligation firmly grounded. This is why he cannot go against his conscience and cause any violence against the Khitans just to serve our purpose of realizing the grand dream of building the new Goguryeo. But I, Mimosa, can abandon my morals to serve my master and realize this dream. I am willing to die in my master’s hands knowing that I am able to fulfill this dream.

Realizing Mimosa’s true intentions, Gulsabiwu and Heuk Sudol agreed to carry out Mimosa’s plans, even with great hesitation. They met with the other Goguryeon soldiers and started rallying the scattered Goguryeon soldiers hiding in the city. Gulsabiwu and Heuk Sudol were almost caught in action by DJY. He questioned them but they reluctantly lied to him that they were not up to something. Gulsabiwu and Heuk Sudol felt really bad that it seemed as though they were betraying DJY. Their only consolation was the idea that they will be dying in DJY’s hands the moment he finds out about this. They were able to keep DJY in the dark by having Mimosa stay with him while they execute the plan.

The True Condition of Supreme Khan Li Jinzhong

Shin Hong was actually paying the Supreme Khan’s doctor to keep the Supreme Khan from waking up. But the doctor hesitated since several more days with the given dose may already be lethal for the Supreme Khan. Shin Hong stressed that only a few more days will be needed until his plans were realized.

Khitans Catching the Goguryeon’s Plans

The Khitan soldiers saw Geumlan on the move in the city. Shin Hong and Li Kaigu knew about Mimosa’s plan to seize the city. They rounded up the Khitan soldiers, ready to arrest the Goguryeon soldiers once they were caught in the act. Geom, seeing the Khitan soldiers gathering together, questioned them. But since it was Li Kaigu’s orders, they requested Geom to just ask his father about it instead.

Li Kaigu told Geom to just wait until the evening to see with his own eyes when DJY and his men will execute their plan for treason.

The night fell. Gaepilsamun and Tungso were about to jump off the wall when the Khitan soldiers caught them. Meanwhile, the rest of the Goguryeon soldiers, headed by Gulsabiwu and Heuk Sudol, started to march to the palace, about to launch a raid. Flaming arrows, shot by the Khitan archers, suddenly hit the grounds where the Goguryeon soldiers were standing. The Khitan soldiers, headed by Li Kaigu and Geom, came out of the palace gates and confronted the Goguryeons. Li Kaigu reiterated loudly to Geom about bearing witness to what his eyes were not able to see before-–the treason being plotted by the Goguryeons.

Meanwhile, Mimosa knelt in front of DJY, motioning to have DJY take his life. DJY was startled and asked why Mimosa was positioned that way, trying to convince himself that his men has not indeed started the rebellion.

The bloody fight between Goguryeons and Khitans continued. Geom was matched against Gulsabiwu, who was hesitant to fight him. Geom expressed to Gulsabiwu his disappointment for DJY’s betrayal of the Khitans’ trust. Gulsabiwu refuted Geom’s allegations and insisted that DJY knew nothing about this rebellion. Geom, with his sword’s mighty strike, slashed Gulsabiwu’s arm such that Gulsabiwu suddenly dropped his sword. :sweatingbullets: Heuk Sudol came to the rescue, but Gulsabiwu stopped him, saying that they cannot (or perhaps rather “should not”) hurt Geom [for he's the unrecognized DJY's son of course]. Goguryeons failed in the rebellion, and were put to prison.

Meanwhile, DJY met with his father, Dae Jungsang, and the remaining Goguryeon leaders who were staying with the Goguryeon refugees. Learning about the outcome of the rebellion, DJY insisted that his father go into hiding.

Outcome of the Rebellion and Supreme Khan’s Awakening

Sun Wanrong ordered the execution of the Goguryeon soldiers who plotted the rebellion that night. Meanwhile, the Supreme Khan suddenly awakened from his 10-day unconsciousness.

Geom for DJY against Li Kaigu [definitely must-see scenes] :blush: B)

DJY and Mimosa, arrested by they Khitan soldiers, were about to be locked up in the cell along with the rest of the other Goguryeon soldiers. Geom, who met them on the way, stopped the Khitan soldiers.

Geom [to DJY]: Your men were repeatedly saying that you had nothing to do with the plot for treason.

Mimosa [answering in behalf of DJY]: Yes, I alone was the one who planned all this.

DJY: I was not able to control my men. I am responsible for their actions.

Geom then ordered the Khitan soldiers to put DJY in the guest room. A Khitan whispered to Geom that it was no use anyway since DJY was to be executed that night along with the rest of the Goguryeon soldiers.

Meanwhile, the Khitan soldiers reported to Li Kaigu that DJY was staying in the guest room with Geom. As soon as the Khitan soldiers left, Shin Hong suddenly asked Li Kaigu about Geom’s identity.

Shin Hong: There must be no secrets between us. Pardon me, but I notice Geom’s resemblance to DJY. Isn’t it that you and DJY were once love rivals?

Li Kaigu, enraged by such questioning, did not answer Shin Hong and ordered his men that they go to the guest room.

In the guest room, Geom and DJY were earnestly talking about the rebellion that happened the night before. Geom firmly believed DJY’s innocence.

Suddenly, Li Kaigu and his men dashed to the guest room.

Geom [to Li Kaigu]: Father, we are greatly mistaken. General DJY is innocent. :blush:

Li Kaigu, infuriated by the fact that Geom still trusted DJY, hit Geom on the face, and started to draw his sword. :o As DJY was about to shield Geom, Chulin suddenly rushed to the guest room to announce that her father, the Supreme Khan, was already awake.

Supreme Khan’s Inquiries

Khitan leaders assembled in the Supreme Khan’s room. The Supreme Khan asked what happened to DJY, whom he last recalled to have been subject to his questioning about the Tang’s grant of scepter of state. Upon knowing that DJY was to be executed, he immediately ordered to stop the execution since he’d question DJY himself.

:phew:

Xue Rengui’s Suggestion to the Turks

Empress Wu was in the assembly hall with the Tang ministers and officials discussing about the matters regarding Khitans, Goguryeons, and Turks. But Xue Rengui was nowhere to be found. According to the report, Xue Rengui was already with his punitive army on the way to the Northeastern Front to confront the Turks. But the truth was that only Xue Rengui and Hong-pae were on the way to the Northeastern Front, with no other soldiers accompanying them.

:lol:

Xue Rengui met with the Turk leader, Muchuo Khan, and suggested that the latter consider attacking Yingzhou instead. Xue Rengui mentioned that since Empress Wu granted the scepter of state granted to DJY’s father, the Goguryeons may eventually already form an alliance with the Tang, and thereby put the Turks in a more unfavorable position.

Last Scene: Supreme Khitan Khan Li Jinzhong and DJY

Supreme Khan called for DJY. He was thinking to himself that if DJY was indeed a betrayer, he must be killed immediately. But, on the other hand, if DJY was true to his words, he must be kept in service for the future of the Khitans.

DJY expressed his true intentions to the Supreme Khan. He then proposed that his men be freed since they were only provoked by the way Khitans mistreated them. The Supreme Khan was initially not willing to free the imprisoned Goguryeon soldiers, but later on told DJY that he’d accept such proposal only if DJY will also accept his proposal.

Supreme Khan [to DJY]: Will you accept my proposal to be the next Supreme Khitan Kan? :D

Wow, this last episode has indeed been very thrilling! :D Geom is truly the epitome of the ideal Goguryeon-Khitan alliance. :blush: If DJY accepts the Supreme Khan’s proposal, then Mimosa’s plans would not also be in vain.

I’m not sure though, do we indeed have 2 episodes left till the end, or was this drama extended to 100++ episodes?

Guest caytregia1

thank you very much, i have been watching this thing again and again many times but since Korean is not my language i have really grasp the magic of Dae JoYoung until now. Thank you very much. If you have time, please give us more summary.

Thank you c9joy7 for summaries on these crucial final episodes. Really helpful since I can't understand much Korean language.

You're welcome. It could have been better though if those with copies of the video can also post some scene pics corresponding to the episode summaries. :D:rolleyes:

Does anyone know how many episodes exactly are left? :)

Regards,

Catherine Joy

it is 136 episodes Catherine.

Thanks caytregia1. ;)

Wow, I thought I'd be watching the finale here in the Philippines this weekend.. But 136 -- that means I'll be seeing DJY till early January 2008! :w00t: What could those 36 episodes be mainly about? :rolleyes:

I really began to like DJY when it featured scenes having different characters (esp. DJY) accomplish nearly impossible tasks through very remarkable strategies! :blush:

Will these remaining episodes then possibly focus then on DJY’s new leadership and family life? :D

P.S. You can juz call me CJoy :)

Regards!

Guest hankookin215

can any1 upload the new episodes

or does any1 know where i can dl or watch the episodes

ive trying to find somewhere i can watch online but have been unsuccessful

C9JOYV, MOMMY ALICE

C9JOYV, THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE SUMMARY., I STILL READ IT INSPITE OF THE FACT THAT I'M ONE OF THE AVID VIEWER OF THIS SERIES. I ADMIRE GEOM VERY MUCH. HE IS IS VERY HANDSOME. HE LOOKS LIKE AN AMERICAN INDIAN NOT A KOREAN. WISH I COULD SEE HIM IN ANOTHER SERIES. I'VE JUST WATCHED EP99 AT KBS WORLD PHILS. I'M VERY MUCH THRILLED ON THE FIGHTING SCENE BETWEEN GEOM AND LI KAIGU, HOW MUCH MORE WHEN GEOM COME TO KNOW THAT djy WHOM HE ADMIRED IS HIS FATHER. ...OH MY...

MOMMY ALICE, I ALWAYS READ YOUR COMMENTS DURING "LOVERS" DAYS. I'M GLAD YOU ALSO WATCH THIS SERIES.

GOOD NIGHT TO ALL OF YOU.

Guest lovelypyeha76

I have been searching high and low and even downloaded korean media player for english subtitles...help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also did the bitHQ site and you need an invite. If you would invite me I would greatly appreciate it :o

Hi,

Sorry to disappoint you but it's my husband who is watching Dae Jo Young. He watches all the "historical" dramas and I watch most of the "modern" dramas. I can't get into "historical" dramas mainly it's too hard for me to understand.

I've been burning DJY for my husband so that he can watch it on the TV and stay out of my computer. LOL!

C9JOYV, MOMMY ALICE

C9JOYV, THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE SUMMARY., I STILL READ IT INSPITE OF THE FACT THAT I'M ONE OF THE AVID VIEWER OF THIS SERIES. I ADMIRE GEOM VERY MUCH. HE IS IS VERY HANDSOME. HE LOOKS LIKE AN AMERICAN INDIAN NOT A KOREAN. WISH I COULD SEE HIM IN ANOTHER SERIES. I'VE JUST WATCHED EP99 AT KBS WORLD PHILS. I'M VERY MUCH THRILLED ON THE FIGHTING SCENE BETWEEN GEOM AND LI KAIGU, HOW MUCH MORE WHEN GEOM COME TO KNOW THAT djy WHOM HE ADMIRED IS HIS FATHER. ...OH MY...

MOMMY ALICE, I ALWAYS READ YOUR COMMENTS DURING "LOVERS" DAYS. I'M GLAD YOU ALSO WATCH THIS SERIES.

GOOD NIGHT TO ALL OF YOU.

C9JOY7, HOPE YOU CAN ALSO PROVIDE SUMMARY FOR THE SUCCEEDING EPISODES. I READ THAT THE RATING IS HIGH THAT'S WHY IT WAS EXTENDED TO 136. I GUESS THE LONGEST KOREAN HISTORICAL SERIES BECAUSE JUMONG IS ONLY 81.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT EPISODE WILL DJY KNOW THAT GEOM IS HIS SON?

Archived