[drama 2006] Dae Jo Young 대조영

Guest pinklegirl007

Guest pinklegirl007

[KBS1] Choi Shi Jong from Hae Shin..
I can't believe there isn't a thread for this drama, when 11 episodes have already aired... and its ratings are above 20 percent!!

I'll be back with more info on this drama soon!!!

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't watch this drama but my husband is really into it. He's into all the Korean history dramas. I think he has watched Dae Jo Young dramas at 2-3 times each episodes.

I've been borrowing video for him from Korean video store but they are always 1-2 weeks late.

Anway, I was able to download #11 for him today and I have couple of questions.

1. When does it air?

2. It is so hard to find this drama in CB. I only found one at song583535 CB. Does anyone know any other CB that has this drama?

Thank you in advance.

I can't believe there isn't a thread for this drama, when 11 episodes have already aired... and its ratings are above 20 percent!!

I'll be back with more info on this drama soon!!!

Guest pinklegirl007

^ it airs every weekend at 10pm in Korean time.

Also creidesca and slyver's clubbox has this drama.

This drama is getting really good!!!! It was really boring and dragging in the first 7 episodes, but finally in episode 8 the main character, Choi Shi Jong comes into the story and it gets really exciting!!!!

I used to rent $1 a tape but now it was decided by all the Korean video stores to charge 4 for $5. They'll put you on credit for tapes if you can't borrow in increments of 4s. For example, lets say I only see 7 I want to borrow today, I'm short one tape...I pay $10 and they'll put credit on my account so next time I go, I can get that one tape. Does it make sense?

how much did it cost you to rent at korean store?

Thank you for the info. No wonder I couldn't find Ep. 12.

I'll check out creidesca and slycer's CB. I don't remember seeing them...I must of missed them somehow.

My husband has no concept of how CB works...like I have to wait for someone to upload and then if the CB cooperates, then I can download...he thinks I can get it for him anytime he wants it. He bugged me all day that he wants Ep. 11 & 12! Geez!

I think I have heard of people paying on-line to watch dramas. Is there one for Dae Jo Young? If so, where can I go to check it out? I really need to get my husband out of my hair! LOL

^ it airs every weekend at 10pm in Korean time.

Also creidesca and slyver's clubbox has this drama.

This drama is getting really good!!!! It was really boring and dragging in the first 7 episodes, but finally in episode 8 the main character, Choi Shi Jong comes into the story and it gets really exciting!!!!

Guest polaris

Glad to hear there is hope for this drama. :phew: After watching 3 episodes...I was like...

omg is this just going to be about war and old men in armor fighting?? :crazy:

Since someone said it gets better after ep 8 maybe I will start watching again. :D

Guest chuck97

I used to rent $1 a tape but now it was decided by all the Korean video stores to charge 4 for $5. They'll put you on credit for tapes if you can't borrow in increments of 4s. For example, lets say I only see 7 I want to borrow today, I'm short one tape...I pay $10 and they'll put credit on my account so next time I go, I can get that one tape. Does it make sense?

Thank you for the info. No wonder I couldn't find Ep. 12.

It make sense. 4 for $5 is a reasonable price. Some stores charge customers $1.25--$2.00 per tape and one supermarket charge by membership plan. Customer pay $20 for 15 tapes, $50 for 50 tapes or $100 for 125 tapes.

I think it is alot of fighting scenes and alot of history....(sorry but not my type of drama but my husband loves it)

From what I gather from my husband, Jumong history is first, then Young-Ge So-Moon, then it's Dae Jo Young.

I guess with Che Su-jong coming out, it gets better (which I think is around 8th episode?)

Glad to hear there is hope for this drama. :phew: After watching 3 episodes...I was like...

omg is this just going to be about war and old men in armor fighting?? :crazy:

Since someone said it gets better after ep 8 maybe I will start watching again. :D

Guest VyLeTtE

im currently watching this drama i think here in my country its just ep8 that finished last sunday... after watching dae jang geum... im really liking epic dramas nowadays..

there probably wasnt a thread for this since its not yet shown in other countries and not much english sites re: this drama is available...

anyhoo.. here's my contribution...

credits : koreanwiz

KBS epic drama (2006) - __ episodes

For KBS homepage for this drama (in Korean), go to: www.kbs.co.kr/drama/daejoyoung/index.html

Aired on KBS1 in Korea: September __, 2006 to ____ on Saturday and Sunday nights at 9:30 (replaced Seoul 1945).

Cast:

Daejoyoung: Choi Soo Jong (Emperor of the Sea)

Lee Hae-go: Jung Bo Suk (Daddy Fish)

Seol In-gui: Lee Duk Hwa (My Precious Child)

Cho-rin: Park Ye Jin (Thank You Life/Hearts in Bali)

Sok-young: Hong Soo Hyun (My Precious Child)

Yeonkae So-moon: Kim Jin Tae

Yang Min-choon: Im Dong Jin (Piano)

Daejongsang: Im Hyuk

Shin Hong: Kim Kyu Chul (Delicious Proposal)

Bo Jang-wang: Kil Young Woo

Kim Mo-jam: Kim Myung Soo

Kil Sabiwoo: Choi Chul Ho

Yeon Nam-saeng: Im Ho (Dae Jang-geum)

Bo Ki-won: Kim Hae Kyoon (Sweet Spy/Secret)

Heuk Soo-dol: Kim Hak Chul (Wang Gun)

Sa Boo-koo: Jung Ho Geun

Jang San-hae: Im Sun Taek

Eun Sa-moon: Lee ______

Dol-bal (Daejoyoung's dad): Jang Soon Keuk

Dal-ki (Daejoyoung's mom): Ha Da Som/Park Soon Chun

Ji Myung-chun: Jang Ki Yong

Ah Ki-woo: Lee Kye Young

Kye-jin: Lee Il Woong

Go Sa-kye: Kim Joo Young

Sun-kyum: Kim Dong Suk

Moo-Yeom: Shin Won Kyoon

Boo Ji-kwang: Park Ji Il

Boo Bok-ae: Go In Bum

Ki Sil-yi: Kim Kyung Hee

Dang Tae-jong: Song Yong Tae

Cheuk Chun Moo-hoo: Yang Geum Suk (Gift)

Jang Son Moo-ki: Ahn Dae Yong

Kang Ha Wang: Jung Jae Kon

Lee-juk: Sun Dong Hyuk

Bang Kyo-tae: Jin Woon Sung

So Jung-bang: Kim Ki Bok

Son Man-young: Jo In Pyo

Lee Jin-choong: Kim Dong Hyun

Hong Pae: Yoo Tae Seul

okei as much as i would like to upload pix of cast in here but im kinda lazy now since im at work... but anyways u can click on the following links :

dae jo young homepage (in korean)

info about the cast (in korean)

drama pix

choi soo jong article re : dae jou young

this is all i can contribute for now... hope it helps somehow :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dragonbaby

Hi DJY fans!

Does anyone know where I might find recaps of episodes for this drama? I can rent this from a local Asian video shop, but without English subs, so having a recap of each episode would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks for any help!!

Guest limroom9

yep i didn't even know this drama was airing in korea until few days ago. so i proceeded to clubbox to start downloading all the eps :D so excited to start watching it tonite.

mhz9.jpg

You can't go wrong with Choi Soo Jong.

I recently started to watch this but I started at episode 12.

If I ever have the time, I'll watch the episodes I missed, but I don't think that's going to happen.

bcp7.th.jpg

axi8.th.jpg

^ That guy annoys the hell out of me. This is more on the actor's fault because he always has this stupid expression on his face (like the one he has in the cap above) where his eyes bug out and his mouth hangs open. I can't stand watching any scene with him.

Caps from episodes 14 & 15

141xw2.th.jpg142ja1.th.jpg

143qk1.th.jpg151vv7.th.jpg

152jx3.th.jpg155wa5.th.jpg

154sd0.th.jpg153pe2.th.jpg

I didn't know Kim Jung Hyun (the guy in purple) was going to be in this until I saw him on screen.

Caps from previous episodes

cdm6.th.jpgdwp8.th.jpg

ezu9.th.jpgfhy1.th.jpg

geo9.th.jpghuk8.th.jpg

iug7.th.jpgjsd6.th.jpg

knw9.th.jpg

credits; dcinside

I tried to find a character chart to help follow along.

But I didn't want to go through pages and pages at dcinside, so this is the best I could find.

1vn4.jpg

I am really enjoying this drama. I am still very confused about all the different alliances- which seem to change on a regular basis- but I hope that bit by bit the pieces will fall into place, My favourite episodes so far have been when Dae Jo Young finally meets his mother, only to see her brutallly killed in front of him. And even in death they wouldn't let him mourn her and captured him as he held her in his arms. And as for the earlier scenes when they were torturing his mother in front of him my heart was breaking. You could see how desperately he wanted to break down but his mother would not let him sacrifice himself for her. I think of the guilt that sacrifice must create in him and I greive for the burdens he is carrying.

Tonight's episode was wonderful. the meeting of old comrades but most importantly the reunion between father and son. My heart was in my mouth as Dae Jo Young cried out the words Abernim. A wonderful, moving moment. I've come to realise now that historical dramas are as much about the relationships between brothers, father and friends. Sometimes I am overawed at the loyalty and sacrifice family and friends are willing to make for one another.

I also loved the earlier cave scene, b/w Dae Jo Young and his enemy, come lover; although it is clear their love is going to face major obstacles due to their supporting opposite sides. I really, really like this woman. She is feisty. courageous and has a strong sense of honour. I must say it would be nice for once if CSJ could actually be with the women he loves in a historical drama. Yeah, right!

Looking forwward with great anticipation to tomorrow night's episode.

Tonight's episode was wonderful. the meeting of old comrades but most importantly the reunion between father and son. My heart was in my mouth as Dae Jo Young cried out the words Abernim. A wonderful, moving moment. I've come to realise now that historical dramas are as much about the relationships between brothers, father and friends. Sometimes I am overawed at the loyalty and sacrifice family and friends are willing to make for one another.

Here's the scene between Dae Jo Young and his father from episode 17

[영상] 대중상과 대조영: http://kr.img.dc.yahoo.com/b7/data/dci_scrap/1111_d2.wmv

I also loved the earlier cave scene, b/w Dae Jo Young and his enemy, come lover; although it is clear their love is going to face major obstacles due to their supporting opposite sides. I really, really like this woman. She is feisty. courageous and has a strong sense of honour. I must say it would be nice for once if CSJ could actually be with the women he loves in a historical drama. Yeah, right!

To be honest, I'm watching this drama for Park Ye Jin, so I mostly pay attention to only her scenes. (100 episodes.. that's a whole lot of commitment to one show :sweatingbullets: I still need to catch up on Jumong!)

I agree with your description of the character Cho Rin. Like you said, she's feisty and courageous and she's torn between the duty of honoring one's own side vs. being in love with someone from the opposing side.

I know they set up a triangle with Cho Rin, Dae Jo Young and Lee Hye Go, but for myself, I just wish Lee Hye Go would go away! He is so annoying. I said this before, I think it's mostly the actor I don't like. He always has the ugly, stupid expression on his face. Plus the character itself is always getting between the 2 star crossed lovers.

171dg8.th.jpg172jl4.th.jpg173pt9.th.jpg

174wp4.th.jpg175gw5.th.jpg176cj1.th.jpg

177uf4.th.jpg179xp8.th.jpg183gl7.th.jpg

184ub2.th.jpg185ks6.th.jpg186od6.th.jpg

[영상] 대조영 VS 이해고 (Dae Jo Young VS Lee Hye Go): http://kr.img.dc.yahoo.com/b7/data/dci_scrap/1111_d1.wmv

episode 18 caps

181cj7.th.jpg182xb8.th.jpg184vd4.th.jpg

Episode 18 preview: http://kr.img.dc.yahoo.com/b7/data/dci_scrap/1111_d3.wmv

Episode 19 preview: http://kr.img.dc.yahoo.com/b7/data/dci_scrap/1112.wmv

caps/clips credits; dcinside

I need to go watch episode 18!

There's 100 episodes of Dae Jo Young? WOW!

To be honest, I'm watching this drama for Park Ye Jin, so I mostly pay attention to only her scenes. (100 episodes.. that's a whole lot of commitment to one show :sweatingbullets: I still need to catch up on Jumong!)

Park Ye Jin,

JAYHE, I am watching b/c of Choi Su Jong. Ever since I saw him in First Love, all those years ago, he captured a little part of my heart and no matter how emotionally draining some of his shows are, I keep on watching. For me it is his eyes that capture my imagination. He can say so many things with those beautiful eyes.

OK, back on track. Another good episode tonight. Finally Dae Jo Young's birthright was acknowledged and for the first time his father called him by his name, Ju Young. Ah, tears of happiness from me. I love watching the father and son together. They both know that it is a miracle they have found one another after all those terrible years of loneliness and their love gorws stronger every episode. Ah, I know, I'm being pathetic but it's like Hae Shin last year when the strength of Jang Bo Go came not only from his inner convictions but from the loyalty, support and comradeship of his freinds.

It looks like there'll be an assassination attempt next week and from Ju Young's loved one. I think it's fair to say that any possiblity of their being together is doomed. That'd be right! :(

• 2 weeks later...

Another powerful episode tonight but from the previews it looks like Jo Young's father will die tomorrow night. My tears are falling already. Sometimes it just seems that some people have so much to bear and it's just not fair. My heart aches for his sorrow. First his mother and now his father. Sometimes I wonder why life is so unfair.

No rest for me tonight. Just heartache.

Archived