[drama 2007] Air City 에어시티

ay_link

Guest curios2k

AIR CITY - Preview Summary for Episode #4

Broadcast date: May 27, 2007 Sunday 9:40 - 10:50 P.M.

Do-Gyung (CJW) allows Charlie, a crime suspect for 'new technology - industrial espionage' and also a 'middle boss' of Hong Kong Triangle Organization (mafia?), slip away from almost being arrested and therefore Ji-Sung (LJJ) explodes in anger and lashes out at her.

Ha-Joon (Lee Jin-Wook) who happened to be there watching them, yells back at Ji-Sung that what he did was too cruel and over-reacted....But Do-Gyung surprises him by saying that she actually understands Ji-Sung why he acted the way he did or where he's coming from.

On the other hand, on the pathway to departure area, Do-Gyung runs into Charlie, and is surprised to see him, but they end up walking past each other. While Do-Gyung was running around all over the airport area looking for help, eventually she ends up being caught and held as a hostage by Charlie....

Ji-Sung discovers the truth of Do-Gyung being held as a hostage by Charlie through the security monitor and he hurriedly runs over to the location where he has to confront Charlie........

It's all for now....Oops, somehow by mistake I posted Ep. 3 preview summary twice, I must have pushed the key twice...can that be deleted? :P

Thanks Rosepetal for all your hardwork (summaries of ep3 & ep4 and previous summaries).

It is certainly very helpful for those of us who don't understand Korean trying to follow the story. Thanks to other members who posted links to the episodes as well.

Gamsahamnida.

Guest soonjap

HAHA...I'm being brought into the discussion. :lol:

Yeap, I'm currently smitten by LJJ's charm and his silent chemistry with CJW. I agree tho, it's totally subjective when it comes to interpreting chemistry between the leads. For example, a lot of ppl thought Bi and SHK delivered amazing chemistry in FH while some didn't even feel anything. And sometimes this can also be coupled with what you desire and intend to get from a drama. Maybe I didn't expect to see anything romantic when I started watching as I thought the drama would focus more on the operations in the airport. But little did I know that LJJ and CJW would click so well despite their not-so-many scenes together. They didn't have many scenes together I have to say. BUT, amidst that you still could feel "something". And yeah, maybe it's only me, because sometimes I tend to infer more from the original thing. :lol:

In the end, it's all about personal perception and opinion. :D

I also think it's a matter of preference of the ACTORS. If one really likes the actors playing opposite each other, then I think there's the probability to see the "chemistry" much faster than if one didn't like them as much. Case in point above: I'm not a SHK fan but I love LBH and I thought they had rather good chemistry in "All In" (small wonder then that they dated after the series ended). I stopped watching "Full House" because I didn't feel that Bi or SHK had much chemistry. That could very well be because I'm not a fan of Bi either.

However, I must say that I'm in the camp of those who believe they see a chemistry between CJW and LJJ. And from the many interviews that LJJ and CJW did together prior to the beginning of this series, I could tell that they were fairly comfortable with each other as evidenced by CJW calling LJJ "Oppa" or "big brother" which one doesn't if the relationship isn't a comfortable one. I AM a big fan of LJJ, starting with "Sandglass" (this was the series that made him an over-night sensation) and his role opposite JDG in "Typhoon." Even though this movie is not a romantic one, it's worth it to see such 2 great actors going at it against each other.

My guess is that this "romance" will grow fairly slowly as both characters seem to bring in a lot of past "baggage" with them (excuse pun, it was not intended) and with the intensity of their jobs, I imagine it won't be easy to let go. But I have to admit, I'm looking forward to it! :sweatingbullets:

Guest ripgal

^ yo soonjap! Nice to see you around. :)

I agree with what you've said. And you just hit my weak point - LJJ. :wub: I'm actually within my temporary LJJ obsession now. The moment he appeared on screen, it was already heaven for me. (and mind me, I've mentioned earlier that I've never seen him in any movie or drama whatsoever, so I'd have to say his charm was too overwhelming

for me to resist :wub:).

And just to add on a bit, I actually like all 3 characters - Kim Ji Sung, Han Do Gyeong and Ha Joon. (but maybe a teeny weeny bit more for KJS, prolly that's why I'm all for him and DG. Like what you've just said, preference of ACTORS). I just hope Ha Joon/LJW won't go the typical korean drama 2nd lead route, turn bad or act all irrational because of unrequited love. I'd love to see competition, but please NO I don't want him to turn bad or anything.

And about the interviews of Air City, I've seen all of them and I must say LJJ, CJW and LJW're very comfortable with each other. There was one with them filming the poster shots and CJW was joking with LJJ when the interviewers asked LJJ about him taking off his shoes and massaging his foot or something. It was such a good feeling..knowing that they all had some form of mutual understanding prior to the filming and thus what more can you expect as the filming goes on? That was like 3 months ago. That's why I believe Air City's gona do well in projecting elements of romance despite its main theme resting on airport operations. Tho it might not be as obvious and vivid as in other dramas, I have faith that it will not lose out. It's just a matter of time...before Kim Ji Sung unleashes his need for love! hahahaha..

Guest apple red

Tks for the summary translation Rosepetal.

Really helpfull for nonkoreans like me as well

I also think it's a matter of preference of the ACTORS. If one really likes the actors playing opposite each other, then I think there's the probability to see the "chemistry" much faster than if one didn't like them as much. Case in point above: I'm not a SHK fan but I love LBH and I thought they had rather good chemistry in "All In" (small wonder then that they dated after the series ended). I stopped watching "Full House" because I didn't feel that Bi or SHK had much chemistry. That could very well be because I'm not a fan of Bi either.

However, I must say that I'm in the camp of those who believe they see a chemistry between CJW and LJJ. And from the many interviews that LJJ and CJW did together prior to the beginning of this series, I could tell that they were fairly comfortable with each other as evidenced by CJW calling LJJ "Oppa" or "big brother" which one doesn't if the relationship isn't a comfortable one. I AM a big fan of LJJ, starting with "Sandglass" (this was the series that made him an over-night sensation) and his role opposite JDG in "Typhoon." Even though this movie is not a romantic one, it's worth it to see such 2 great actors going at it against each other.

My guess is that this "romance" will grow fairly slowly as both characters seem to bring in a lot of past "baggage" with them (excuse pun, it was not intended) and with the intensity of their jobs, I imagine it won't be easy to let go. But I have to admit, I'm looking forward to it! :sweatingbullets:

Well said, soonjap.

Mostly fans of actor could feel the chemistry on the drama which they in, though there's also fans who couldnt feel it. But as CJW fans, i always feel the chemistry with whom she acted.

I could feel the chemistry between LJJ and CJW eventhough their banter is not overboard. Only by the gaze of KJS to her and her smile to him, i could feel it.

Yeah, iam looking forward the chemistry build to the right direction :blush: ..(iam HDG-KJS camp here). like you said, as they bring their past baggage burdened, they hardly open their heart to each other, but they couldnt help from the opposite attraction (look at how KJS couldnt take his eyes from HDG while she's remove her shoes)

Regarding FH, though iam not fans both of the lead (but i like KSS there), i watched it many times because i enjoys the drama and love the story. There's some drama, which i dont like the lead, but i managed to watch it till the end because i have some spare time, FH was one of them.

Guest hanihash

OMG..I so loved your analysis on LJJ's acting. I must say you're more observant and more eloquent in terms of describing your feelings towards both LJJ and CJW's chemistry. I couldn't have said it any better.

Hey there ripgal. Thanks for the encouragement. I'm a relative newbie when it comes to posting my views about k-dramas. But reading some of the jottings here, I just got into the spirit. Hope you will post your thots too coz its so interesting to see all the different perspectives. Sometimes when I read something I hadn't thought of before, I watch the part again and try to get the other person's perspective. But its true though, the earlier k-melodramas were an acquired taste, strictly confined to the masochists who just need to binge on kleenex every now and again. I'm talking about me of course. I inflicted myself with multiple viewings of WLS, BD and STH just to suffer along with Jiwoo all her abject misery and to weep copious tears, I'm talking a tidal wave of tears. Until I saw Rondo that is!

Now that was a very unusual drama for Jiwoo. Suddenly I turned self-proclaimed k-drama critic, analyst and expert. Except there was no one willing to listen to my endless need to express myself. So much so my family and friends literally ran for cover whenever I start to mention two words "Winter Sonata". (By the way there are many fans of k-drama among my office colleagues so that helped overcome the isolation) So, I couldn't tell them how fantastic I felt about how Jiwoo had carried that role and how really hunky and smoulderingly sexy Yutaka was and how I wished they had let the love story develop a little bit more. Alas, the story ended with me wanting more. Just like WS!

Now with AirCity and suddenly I'm like, "Omigod I can't believe this!!!" Jiwoo is doing something even better!" She's playing a grown up role. Hey, I loved her in all those other dramas but it was truly time for her to play more mature roles in order to be taken seriously as an actress. Even in her AirCity interviews you can see she is more comfortable. Talks, laughs and jokes without being self-conscious. I like this new Jiwoo. So regal!

LJJ himself is confident in that strong, silent type way that he has. If you notice Jiwoo at her interviews, she never tries to steal the limelight for herself. She tends to step back a little and respectfully let the leading man take centre stage. I so like that about Jiwoo. She did it with all her main male leads and with LJJ it's even more obvious. I really liked that part when they were climbing up the airport roof for the photoshoot and LJJ glanced over to see that Jiwoo was struggling with her fear of heights. He just coolly took a few steps and reached out and took her hand. Ever so gallant that it just took my breath away, that simple touch. There is more to this man that has yet to be unveiled. Now where else can I share these observations with except in this forum huh! I think there is no argument among us, LJJ is the guy to watch!

Now that I have distracted myself from thinking about Episode 3 and 4, I wanna thank Rosepetal for the summaries. I depend on you and javabeans summaries to help me understand the story. It sounds like there's gonna be some explosive fireworks when HDG and KSJ start to differ in professional opinions eh! Now thats a situation that happens a lot, I wanna see how these two handle it......happy viewing guys!

Guest dramalover

I have a question and sorry if this question has been posted earlier, but if not, please proceed with it. For me (non-korean) fan and since I am in the US, I don't have the ability to see 'Air City' episode 1 and 2, and if anyone can do a summary for episode 1 and 2, I would really appreciate it. It's probably going to be a while before I can actually get to see it.

AC looks so good and interesting already..........really can't wait to get my hands on it. Thanks everyone for updating pics and more info.............it's really getting very interesting.

Hello fivemagic....here are episode 1 & 2 summaries translated by rosepetal..

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...1349&st=500

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...1349&st=620

Translation by Hyc

http://www.innolife.com/list.php?ac_id=14&ai_id=11049

2007/05/26

Pinky bird Choi Jiwoo in sanctuary Air City

11049_1.jpg

Actress Choi Jiwoo is ‘set to fly’ once again in MBC weekend drama “Air City”. Based on physiognomy, an art of judging character from facial or bodily features, Choi Jiwoo’s image is that of ‘the flamingo’. Physiognomist Choi (物形看相師崔文才) expressed that, “Choi Jiwoo is very similar to a flamingo, which likes fish better than meat. Likes to look at scenery, especially loves clear flowing stream water. A person of refined tastes, hates quarrel, considerate and helpful. On the surface she is strongly arrogant. Her interests are listening to music and reading. If the broadcasting environment and surrounding has not wavered, she would still persist in maintaining the talent. Even not inborn good fortune will also come to her ".

(Note: this part is not too sure, sorry if there is any misinterpretation) em95.gif

In ‘Air City’ Choi Jiwoo is exactly like the character she portrays, Han Do Kyung, a role that she chose well. Recently, in the Busan broadcast content market, drama ‘Air City’ took the lead in selling to overseas market such as Taiwan and Hong Kong. The drama has just been aired 2 episodes, and it is like “selling rice before the harvest”. Undeniably the power of “Choi Jiwoo brand name” partly contributed to it. Co-producer Lee said, “’Air City’ and Bae Yong Joon’s ‘Great King Four Gods Story’ would become the leads in the revival of Hanryu dramas. And in the midst of it is certainly Hanryu star Choi Jiwoo.” He emphasized that, “The actresses are all beauties. But among them Choi Jiwoo definitely stands out, makes me think of ‘flamingo amongst the birds’” confirming the image of Pinky bird.

Furthermore, in a scene of the Air City 3rd episode to be aired at 9:40 pm on the 26th, a partial glimpse of Choi Jiwoo’s sexy body in swaets would be seen in wet clothes after her work out in a health club.

copyright ⓒ innolife.com

Guest ripgal

Hey there ripgal. Thanks for the encouragement. I'm a relative newbie when it comes to posting my views about k-dramas. But reading some of the jottings here, I just got into the spirit. Hope you will post your thots too coz its so interesting to see all the different perspectives. Sometimes when I read something I hadn't thought of before, I watch the part again and try to get the other person's perspective. But its true though, the earlier k-melodramas were an acquired taste, strictly confined to the masochists who just need to binge on kleenex every now and again. I'm talking about me of course. I inflicted myself with multiple viewings of WLS, BD and STH just to suffer along with Jiwoo all her abject misery and to weep copious tears, I'm talking a tidal wave of tears. Until I saw Rondo that is!

Now that was a very unusual drama for Jiwoo. Suddenly I turned self-proclaimed k-drama critic, analyst and expert. Except there was no one willing to listen to my endless need to express myself. So much so my family and friends literally ran for cover whenever I start to mention two words "Winter Sonata". (By the way there are many fans of k-drama among my office colleagues so that helped overcome the isolation) So, I couldn't tell them how fantastic I felt about how Jiwoo had carried that role and how really hunky and smoulderingly sexy Yutaka was and how I wished they had let the love story develop a little bit more. Alas, the story ended with me wanting more. Just like WS!

Now with AirCity and suddenly I'm like, "Omigod I can't believe this!!!" Jiwoo is doing something even better!" She's playing a grown up role. Hey, I loved her in all those other dramas but it was truly time for her to play more mature roles in order to be taken seriously as an actress. Even in her AirCity interviews you can see she is more comfortable. Talks, laughs and jokes without being self-conscious. I like this new Jiwoo. So regal!

LJJ himself is confident in that strong, silent type way that he has. If you notice Jiwoo at her interviews, she never tries to steal the limelight for herself. She tends to step back a little and respectfully let the leading man take centre stage. I so like that about Jiwoo. She did it with all her main male leads and with LJJ it's even more obvious. I really liked that part when they were climbing up the airport roof for the photoshoot and LJJ glanced over to see that Jiwoo was struggling with her fear of heights. He just coolly took a few steps and reached out and took her hand. Ever so gallant that it just took my breath away, that simple touch. There is more to this man that has yet to be unveiled. Now where else can I share these observations with except in this forum huh! I think there is no argument among us, LJJ is the guy to watch!

Now that I have distracted myself from thinking about Episode 3 and 4, I wanna thank Rosepetal for the summaries. I depend on you and javabeans summaries to help me understand the story. It sounds like there's gonna be some explosive fireworks when HDG and KSJ start to differ in professional opinions eh! Now thats a situation that happens a lot, I wanna see how these two handle it......happy viewing guys!

Dear chinggu. Don't worry. You're welcome to share anything about your love for CJW and KDramas here in Soompi. In fact, I also suffer the same treatment from family and friends when it comes to my obsession and continuous rants about Kdramas. They think it's a waste of time and it merely lures you into false fantasies blah blah and all their reasons in which I have failed to take in all these years. :lol: Soompi is the only place where I can actually spill everything and unleash all my crazy obsessive cravings for Korean dramas and korean stars. That's why I also love to read comments, insights and analyses ppl write. I myself, am not an eloquent or a good writer. And I really envy ppl who can just express themselves without having to try. It's not just about learning how to see things from different perspectives, it's also about appreciating what ppl think and try to assymilate them with what you yourself think. It's also the reason why I choose to hang out here more often. Cos I have the benefit of learning from you, soonjap, shulien, Felicia and all other excellent writers.

Alright, back to the topic. I've not seen Rondo, so the impression of the name CJW - sadistic roles and yea, non-stop crying and rolls of tissue. (no offence). But I have to say, I was really surprised to see CJW being bubbly and all cheerful in the Air City interviews. And as I've mentioned in my previous post, it seems like she's hanging out well with her co-stars as well. Cos she was all smiles thru out the interview and I could see that she's really happy. I'm not sure of personality on the outset so I don't know if she was like that in the past. If she's always been like this, I must say I really like her personality. I saw a clip of the press con and there was a part where she laughed and retreated shyly when a woman gave a bouquet of flowers to Lee Jung Jae. I loved her genuine smiles there..she was just glowing with radiance. And about her interactions with Lee Jung Jae, I actually saw sparks depsite the not so many interviews I've seen. I've not seen the clip you mentioned..do you still have it with you now? Or maybe I'll go check in the first page.. hahaha..the LJJ-itis is not getting any better anytime sooner..hahhaa..

cant wait fro episode 4 now!! :)

i dont get some parts though... why did KJS suddenly have to take that helicopter ride to some place to lead some mission? and HDG taking those pills is a wee bit suspicious...

Guest gracew

Alright, back to the topic. I've not seen Rondo, so the impression of the name CJW - sadistic roles and yea, non-stop crying and rolls of tissue. (no offence). But I have to say, I was really surprised to see CJW being bubbly and all cheerful in the Air City interviews. And as I've mentioned in my previous post, it seems like she's hanging out well with her co-stars as well. Cos she was all smiles thru out the interview and I could see that she's really happy. I'm not sure of personality on the outset so I don't know if she was like that in the past. If she's always been like this, I must say I really like her personality. I saw a clip of the press con and there was a part where she laughed and retreated shyly when a woman gave a bouquet of flowers to Lee Jung Jae. I loved her genuine smiles there..she was just glowing with radiance. And about her interactions with Lee Jung Jae, I actually saw sparks depsite the not so many interviews I've seen. I've not seen the clip you mentioned..do you still have it with you now? Or maybe I'll go check in the first page.. hahaha..the LJJ-itis is not getting any better anytime sooner..hahhaa..

Yes, JW has always been like that.....naturally cheerful and seem transparent. She jokes around and we can see from her interaction with her co-stars, that's her. You can see all these in her past projects NGs or interviews and all those 'behind-the-scenes'. She's really one lovely lady, personailty-wise besides the elegance and charm.

Guest gracew

cant wait fro episode 4 now!! :)

i dont get some parts though... why did KJS suddenly have to take that helicopter ride to some place to lead some mission? and HDG taking those pills is a wee bit suspicious...

Hope some one will provide us the summary. The ep 3, lots of dialogues and can see both lead getting alot closer in just this episode and also could feel LJW's uneasiness when he sees the 2 together.

The preview for tomorrow, noticed LJJ trying to hold her hand and LJW witnessing it. Ha ha ha !!!

Looking forward to EP 4.

:D

Guest ripgal

Thank you so much for the preview. I just saw it.. and man Kim Ji Sung and Han Do Gyeong's gazes at each other, just sizzling man..:wub:

^^ :)

Episode 3 is so special for me because I was there when they filmed one of the scenes at HDK's office.

I can't believe the amount of time it took to film that scene and how short the scene was in the actual episode.

Here are some pictures from episode 3...

ceyes00000000qz2.jpg

ceyes00000017ka7.jpg

ceyes00000015cj9.jpg

ceyes00000022hw3.jpg

ceyes00000021fn3.jpg

ceyes00000027se1.jpg

ceyes00000042js7.jpg

ceyes00000047my2.jpg

ceyes00000069mm7.jpg

ceyes00000070oh5.jpg

ceyes00000072qb7.jpg

ceyes00000073nv9.jpg