[drama 2007] Air City 에어시티

ay_link

The National Administration Academy Building - one of the fliming sites of AC. There was a lengthy article written on NAA due to the publicity of AC.

Sports Seoul 2007-05-25 07:17

986_432317_s9.jpg

i hope so....because at the moment i am not watching any K-series after LOVERS.

and i am following the love story of KJE and LSJ as though i am watching a K-series.

hopefully, this fresher CJW will keep me watching this one.

I hope the remaining episodes of AC will capture your hearts - you've been totally occupied by the couple KJE & LSJ, as for now, just leave a small space to develop your feelings for LJJ and CJW. Who knows, you may be spellbound by their chemistry too. :D

The National Administration Academy Building - one of the fliming sites of AC. There was a lengthy article written on NAA due to the publicity of AC.

Sports Seoul 2007-05-25 07:17

986_432317_s9.jpg

I hope the remaining episodes of AC will capture your hearts - you've been totally occupied by the couple KJE & LSJ, as for now, just leave a small space to develop your feelings for LJJ and CJW. Who knows, you may be spellbound by their chemistry too. :D

i just hope so.

but honestly, i don't think so. there may be the chemistry, but not the one i will fall in love with.

i have watched a lot of foreign shows and when i fell in love with the first scene of the lead couple, i usually get so engrossed to it.

may the show be a hit or not. like now, at YouTube, i have been watching videos made by a fan for an argentinian telenovela RESISTIRE and the more i watch

her self-made videos, the more i want to see the show. but sadly the show was shown in 2003. it was a major hit according to those who followed it.

the chemistry of the couple there was so overwhelming.

i think, just my opinion, LJJ and CJW do not have the chemistry.

i felt more the chemistry of LJJ and his ex-gf in the series.

to really keep me glued to this series, LJJ and CJW must establish an attractive chemistry.

In episode 1, around 3:40'ish , there's this english song (but I think it's sung by an asian artist)...

does anyone know what song that is? :unsure:

it goes like this:

I see a trouble....

in your mind...

there is something...

you have to do...

thanks so much in advance! ^^

Tomorrow's friday, so hopefully we'll get the previews for ep 3-4 by tomorrow morning :D

{edited:}

Thanks Jo! haha.. oops.. I guess I missed your post :blush:

yeah, looks like it was sung by Hyun Jin hehe...

Guest ripgal

Shenny, I also asked about that song not long ago. :)

It's the 5th track in the OST you uploaded. It's called '"Calling" by Hyun Jin.

Guest apple red

wat this drama is out with subbed alreasdy??

i better check before i will go crazy again -.-

I dont think the subbed out already.

We can wait patiently the team works...

Guest apple red

wow, i watched the 2 episodes of air city.. man i must say its really exciting, and the story line was quite smooth with experienced actors and actresses such as Lee Jung Jae and Choi Ji Woo to pull it off in that it doesn't seem like those stunts and acts are "forced" unlike some of the action drama i've watched... by the way, was the bold guy released? couldn't wait for the subs, i actually want to see what LJJ actualy said to CJW to convince her to help him ....

wohoo!, come episode 3... can't wait

thanks for the banner andrewujin, especially i like the way KJS's eyes when he staring at HDG. It show his curiousity and reflected his confusing to her :blush:

i agree that the cast are really perfect for the character.

Guest ripgal

thanks for the banner andrewujin, especially i like the way KJS's eyes when he staring at HDG. It show his curiousity and reflected his confusing to her :blush:

i agree that the cast are really perfect for the character.

ditto. I totally agree about LJJ's gaze. I've never seen him in other dramas or movies, does he always stare at ppl like that?

Man I'd faint if he stared at me like that. Anywayz, I'm actually quite into the KSJ-HDG pair now. It's been quite some time since I've indulged in kdrama pairings. My last one was Lovers with LSJ and KJE in which they'd displayed amazing chemistry. And I believe the LJJ-CJW pair would bring us something too. I dunno, I just felt the sparks flying when KJS and HDG appeared together. They both have a tensed connection and yet it's only the 2nd ep..hahaha..

i just hope so.

but honestly, i don't think so. there may be the chemistry, but not the one i will fall in love with.

i have watched a lot of foreign shows and when i fell in love with the first scene of the lead couple, i usually get so engrossed to it.

may the show be a hit or not. like now, at YouTube, i have been watching videos made by a fan for an argentinian telenovela RESISTIRE and the more i watch

her self-made videos, the more i want to see the show. but sadly the show was shown in 2003. it was a major hit according to those who followed it.

the chemistry of the couple there was so overwhelming.

i think, just my opinion, LJJ and CJW do not have the chemistry.

i felt more the chemistry of LJJ and his ex-gf in the series.

to really keep me glued to this series, LJJ and CJW must establish an attractive chemistry.

How can I convince you my dear, but I have to agree it’s really an individual issue on whether you can pick the chemistry instantaneously or need further convincing scenes to be drawn towards the couple.

I am amazed by Ripgal's indulgent, she’s already so in love with the couple, totally smitten with LJJ and now rooting for Kim Ji-Sung with Han Do-Gyung. pic3.gif

ditto. I totally agree about LJJ's gaze. I've never seen him in other dramas or movies, does he always stare at ppl like that?

Man I'd faint if he stared at me like that. Anywayz, I'm actually quite into the KSJ-HDG pair now. It's been quite some time since I've indulged in kdrama pairings. My last one was Lovers with LSJ and KJE in which they'd displayed amazing chemistry. And I believe the LJJ-CJW pair would bring us something too. I dunno, I just felt the sparks flying when KJS and HDG appeared together. They both have a tensed connection and yet it's only the 2nd ep..hahaha..

Wow! You are so observant. I haven't really seen a lot of his previous dramas but there's hardly any chance of him in Typhoon to lock-eyes with yoja. Actually, if you look at the past VODs posted during the earlier commencement of AC, you’d notice LJJ’s magnetic gaze - stealing glances at CJW :P ….one of it is during the roof-top photo shoot and the other one at the airport, both of them seated opposite of each other! His presence is so endearing and can't wait for tomorrow......another thrilling and exciting episode.

Guest ripgal

HAHA...I'm being brought into the discussion. :lol:

Yeap, I'm currently smitten by LJJ's charm and his silent chemistry with CJW. I agree tho, it's totally subjective when it comes to interpreting chemistry between the leads. For example, a lot of ppl thought Bi and SHK delivered amazing chemistry in FH while some didn't even feel anything. And sometimes this can also be coupled with what you desire and intend to get from a drama. Maybe I didn't expect to see anything romantic when I started watching as I thought the drama would focus more on the operations in the airport. But little did I know that LJJ and CJW would click so well despite their not-so-many scenes together. They didn't have many scenes together I have to say. BUT, amidst that you still could feel "something". And yeah, maybe it's only me, because sometimes I tend to infer more from the original thing. :lol:

In the end, it's all about personal perception and opinion. :D

i agree, a matter of personal perception and at the moment i don't feel the sparks between LJJ and CJW.

now i am eager to see the love story of LJJ and his ex-gf in the series.

because i felt more the chemistry there. :sweatingbullets:

Guest apple red

i agree, a matter of personal perception and at the moment i don't feel the sparks between LJJ and CJW.

now i am eager to see the love story of LJJ and his ex-gf in the series.

because i felt more the chemistry there. :sweatingbullets:

Nice, so we can rest this case.

Yeap, I'm currently smitten by LJJ's charm and his silent chemistry with CJW. I agree tho, it's totally subjective when it comes to interpreting chemistry between the leads. For example, a lot of ppl thought Bi and SHK delivered amazing chemistry in FH while some didn't even feel anything. And sometimes this can also be coupled with what you desire and intend to get from a drama. Maybe I didn't expect to see anything romantic when I started watching as I thought the drama would focus more on the operations in the airport. But little did I know that LJJ and CJW would click so well despite their not-so-many scenes together. They didn't have many scenes together I have to say. BUT, amidst that you still could feel "something". And yeah, maybe it's only me, because sometimes I tend to infer more from the original thing. :lol:

I agree with you regarding Full House. I cant feel the chemistry between Bi and SHk, But i cant help to watch it more than 10 times hahahah..and iam not even a SHK fans or Bi fans. But watching very different SHK and Bi made me like watching 2 very different people.

That’s exactly what I had in mind --- pinning for the couple of your choice.

Guest apple red

Hahahaha...

as far as i knew, LJJ rarely made romantic scene during Typhoon and for Il Mare, they didnt even face each other. Both are the only movies of LJJ i've been watch, so i cant judge :sweatingbullets:

I also love the sparks flying when KJS and HDG appeared. You know, it's not like "hey, i fall in love with you at the first sight" but likes "I want to know more about you, pls let me see your deep and real of you for me only" something like that.

Wow! You are so observant. I haven't really seen a lot of his previous dramas but there's hardly any chance of him in Typhoon to lock-eyes with yoja. Actually, if you look at the past VODs posted during the earlier commencement of AC, you’d notice LJJ’s magnetic gaze - stealing glances at CJW :P ….one of it is during the roof-top photo shoot and the other one at the airport, both of them seated opposite of each other! His presence is so endearing and can't wait for tomorrow......another thrilling and exciting episode.

I remember during the photoshot. LJJ stealing a glances at CJW, while Jiwoo trying hard to concentrated in front of camera despite her high phobia hehehe. Perhaps the glances was instructed by the photographer.

Hey, there should be a summary for 3rd and 4th eps ..where is our dear rosepetal ? :w00t:

Guest hanihash

Thought of taking a peek at what's happening at this site and wow all the postings since I visited yesterday. This site is really boiling over with AirCity fever! Love it!

I agree about not seeing LJJ in a romantic clinch in Il Mare. How could they, they were in two completely different time zones. But yet, the tenderness and the softness of his face when he read her (sorry can't recall the name of the actress or her character) letters. It was touching. That is the part about LJJ the actor that I like. I am seeing some of that already in AirCity.

If you take a good look at Episode 2, just watch how his face softens and his eyes sort of light up whenever his glance falls of HDG/Jiwoo in AirCity. Compare this to the look he displayed when he sees his ex-GF from the car. First there was a softness, recalling memories of days gone by. From the car he watches her with a touch of nostalgia, warmed by the aching memories perhaps and a little hope to reclaim some of the intensity of past love maybe. Then there seemed to be a sudden cloud that caused his face to stiffen up, then the softness is all gone when she comes out of the house to get her handbag off the car roof. He just dashed off in the car. face all hard and jaws clenched.

My goodness I could sense all this from that one scene. This is what makes me respect his acting. So subtle, so real and ever so manly. I would have died had he started crying or something. You gotta to remember this man is looking at someone he once loved, his first love, but who jilted him and married another man (If I am not mistaken, I read this somewhere). Can you truly recapture those same emotions, especially after a betrayal of such porportion.

Anyway, I am going to wait and see what wonders LJJ will present to us as his acting, as I see it now, is superb! If he is unmoved by HDG, I'd say he was made of stone, steel and granite. Fearless and courageous he may be but a man nonetheless. What HDG represents to me is a different kind of woman, his alter ego, herself fearless and courageous. Someone worthy of his respect, yet so soft and sweetly feminine that he can't help himself. His lonely heart is turning to her, drawn by her stoic yet lonely persona. A woman who doesn't crumple into a whimpering tearful mess at the slightest whiff of danger. HDG is the new millenium woman. I wanna see how LJJ's charater handles her.....gonna have some real fireworks I'm sure. looking forward to it!

Thought of taking a peek at what's happening at this site and wow all the postings since I visited yesterday. This site is really boiling over with AirCity fever! Love it!

I agree about not seeing LJJ in a romantic clinch in Il Mare. How could they, they were in two completely different time zones. But yet, the tenderness and the softness of his face when he read her (sorry can't recall the name of the actress or her character) letters. It was touching. That is the part about LJJ the actor that I like. I am seeing some of that already in AirCity.

If you take a good look at Episode 2, just watch how his face softens and his eyes sort of light up whenever his glance falls of HDG/Jiwoo in AirCity. Compare this to the look he displayed when he sees his ex-GF from the car. First there was a softness, recalling memories of days gone by. From the car he watches her with a touch of nostalgia, warmed by the aching memories perhaps and a little hope to reclaim some of the intensity of past love maybe. Then there seemed to be a sudden cloud that caused his face to stiffen up, then the softness is all gone when she comes out of the house to get her handbag off the car roof. He just dashed off in the car. face all hard and jaws clenched.

My goodness I could sense all this from that one scene. This is what makes me respect his acting. So subtle, so real and ever so manly. I would have died had he started crying or something. You gotta to remember this man is looking at someone he once loved, his first love, but who jilted him and married another man (If I am not mistaken, I read this somewhere). Can you truly recapture those same emotions, especially after a betrayal of such porportion.

Anyway, I am going to wait and see what wonders LJJ will present to us as his acting, as I see it now, is superb! If he is unmoved by HDG, I'd say he was made of stone, steel and granite. Fearless and courageous he may be but a man nonetheless. What HDG represents to me is a different kind of woman, his alter ego, herself fearless and courageous. Someone worthy of his respect, yet so soft and sweetly feminine that he can't help himself. His lonely heart is turning to her, drawn by her stoic yet lonely persona. A woman who doesn't crumple into a whimpering tearful mess at the slightest whiff of danger. HDG is the new millenium woman. I wanna see how LJJ's charater handles her.....gonna have some real fireworks I'm sure. looking forward to it!

Good analysis!!! I never saw Il Mare, but i loved how you described the mood in Air City... i dont recall much of the scene with his ex-gf, but i absolutely love the last scene where he sees HDG removing her shoes... a very subtle expression, but just enough for us to see it... TOMORROW'S SATURDAY!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!

sigh... this thread is rapidly growing. and i still haven't seen the first episode. just glimpses of it.

anyhoo, i'm enjoying the discussions here so far. it's enough to keep me hooked with the series until i can finally watch it. yes, i'm one of those who depends on subs

but, i was able to make simple observations; and that is, I think LJJ really fits the part. I also think CJW's character is refreshing if compared to her previous ones.

how aptly put. indeed HDG is a woman of the new era - smart, opinionated, fearless, sexy, etc

but i think he still has his ex as a baggage and worse still the 2 women are friends, right?

i wonder if he went under cover before or after breaking up with his ex?

he was under cover for the project in which he lost his partner, right?

Archived