[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Well Intended Love1&2 奈何BOSS要娶我1&2

sugarplum892

11 hours ago, BlackKimchi said:

I’m enjoying this version more than previous one. But I will say that the advertisements put me off. I also like that they kept some of the old scenes like him dropping his towel:P. And thank God the leukemia thing is only a dream. I hope he doesnt turn out to be a psychopath this time.

The amount of PPL is too much, I agree. It's not so out of place but a bit much to keep seeing the products everyyyyywherreee~~

I think he's still manipulating the situation though (thinking it is likely him spreading the video of them in front of the restroom). Just that this time around it's not to the level of faking her medical records.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, angelangie said:

faking her medical records and making one thought that all left of her is death is way over....even though ppl romance the ideas....still its a lil over....

sometimes they tone down most of the situation here and make it more believable :) something i find way better than the S1

hahahha....what about the amnesia part? hehehehe.....i dont like it one a bit....though i dont mind if it is XiaLin this round :P 

as i saw in the trailer that there is a part XiaLin lying on the bed with a bandage sleeping and Ling YiZhou sitting down next to her and holding her hands....

Yes that part didn't sit well with me in S1. Glad they changed it in S2. :D

Could be just me but I'm on the edge waiting for them to get together :wub: 

4 hours ago, angelangie said:

hahahha....what about the amnesia part? hehehehe.....i dont like it one a bit....though i dont mind if it is XiaLin this round :P 

Ah yeah... forgot about that trope. Well, they practically threw every kind of trope in there bar the kitchen sink. ;)

But faking her medical records beggared belief... I don't care if he had mummy issues... it was just so wrong.

Yes... mummy issues... that's another thing to add to the list. Although I mind it much less... at least that does actually have an element of believability.

So why did we watch it? Well... the chemistry between the leads was pretty darn good. And the fanservicing was much appreciated.

Looks like with episode 8th we're finally on the right track.

I need to watch the first five episodes again because they felt rushed and I'm not sure if it's because I watched them all in one day or because they were really rushed and completely chaotic. 

I don't know if I like the changes in LYZ and Wen Li. They are showing their feelings more openly, are more flirty and approachable and they're smiling more often.  I really miss my mysterious, calm, cool and serious duo :( At least when in business mode they're still the same so that's a very good thing :love: 

I don't know what to think :wacko: I like this version, but I like certain aspects better in S1 :crazy: I hate the leukemia plot though so we'll see :sweatingbullets: 

Also is the translation on Kukan correct, it seems like it isn't :huh: And what's up with the candy that Jia Fei left, I don't get it :phew:

1 hour ago, JeanneAntoniette said:

I am confused :(

Can you please tell me what's the purpose of the Season 2? :(

is it another story? Does it continue the story of Season 1? :(

help :(

The season 2 was too fast :(

Season 2 is not a continuation of Season 1. I think everyone loved season 1 except the part that Boss Ling faked and lied to Xia Lin that she had leukemia. Everyone (the audience) was up in arms about that. That is very cruel to do to someone. Xia Lin really thought she was going to die. Everyone loved the couple but that glaring plot hole didn't pacify the audience.

The drama was a sleeper hit, so the producers decided to do Season 2 but as a rewrite instead of continuing the story. Season 1 ended with a happy ending for everyone.

This time, they changed up the characters a bit and just re-wrote a bit. Boss Ling is still hiding a secret and manipulated Xia Lin to marry him again. Once she finds out, she's going to be pissed again. But I think at the very least, it's not a life or death situation.

I enjoyed season 1 and just watched ep 1 of season 2 and I’m so confused!! 

I thought we’d start where we left off in season 1 but now it feels like everyone got amnesia except for Ling Zhou? Maybe I just need to keep on watching to figure things out but this is so confusing!!

Well so far Series 2 is much less insane than the first series... which I suppose is a good thing. ;) The actual production values have also gone up. The actor playing Chu Yan seems to have improved. He's added another one or two expressions to his repertoire. Almost everything is better. There's even a coherent storyline. Except that I miss tsundere Wen Li.

Ling Yizhou is still a bit of a nutjob control freak but lo, and behold he does have real business enemies that could do him some serious damage. The hot lawyer guy seems to have a large chip on his shoulders. He's already a vast improvement even if he turns out to be a secret illegitimate sibling who's trying to reclaim his birthright or exact revenge.

11 hours ago, LavelyShai said:

Season 2 is basically an alternate dimension, but based on my reading it's like a do over since apparently season 1 had mixed reviews? Idk because even though there were plot holes, I still enjoyed it. I do say that I am enjoying this season's plot as it feels more "realistic"? Yi Zhou not lying about Xia Lin's health is a warm welcome. Chu Yan, however, feels a little more annoying than before. 

Oh I see. I heard that some didn't like S1 but like you, despite the plot holes, I still really enjoyed it. I liked Chu Yan better in S1 when he had this love/hate relationship with Xia Lin and had this close sibling relationship with Yi Zhou. I much prefer that dynamic because it showed the special friendship that Chu Yan and Yi Zhou shared and you could see why Chu Yan ended up liking and appreciated Xia Lin.

I also liked Wen Li in S1 better although I am glad that he is still the workaholic, neat freak type. He smiles more in S2 and he's actually really cute when he smiles.

Don't know yet if Xia Lin's manager is good or bad. 

I agree with you guys about Chu Yan/Ling Yi Zhou dynamic, I think I miss that the most, but I'm soooo freaking happy there's no An Ran and Nan Yin Tian :rolleyes:  Their whole existence was dumb and pointless. Also Lisa manager annoyed me, but I think this one is evil. And I'm happy Xia Lin isn't as pathetic as in s1 :crazy: I like her character much better now :lol: Also no Shuang Shuang, I laughed so hard at her :joy: 

3 hours ago, Princess24 said:

I agree with you guys about Chu Yan/Ling Yi Zhou dynamic, I think I miss that the most, but I'm soooo freaking happy there's no An Ran and Nan Yin Tian :rolleyes:  Their whole existence was dumb and pointless. Also Lisa manager annoyed me, but I think this one is evil. And I'm happy Xia Lin isn't as pathetic as in s1 :crazy: I like her character much better now :lol: Also no Shuang Shuang, I laughed so hard at her :joy: 

yes! So glad there isn’t an An Ran! 

One of the things I loved about Chu Yan and Ling Yi Zhou’s friendship in S1 was how loyal and protective they were of each other. And I like that Chu Yan fell for Xia Lin unexpectedly which made it even more endearing. 

Archived