Oh Ji Ho 오지호

Guest rainz*gurl

Yes, the pics are from his Cyworld ^^

I'm not quite often visiting his page too,

and when I visited few days ago, "What friend say" section is blank~

I forgot to write then, hehe ^^

Few weeks ago he replied my msg when I sent him Chuseok gift~

that was nice of him...the message he sent to you means that he thanked you for the gift and to continue to give love and support to his new drama :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“My Wife is a Gangster 3” Sold at AFM

11/15/2006

The Korean comic action film “My Wife is a Gangster 3” has garnered much attention from Asian buyers at the recently-held American Film Market. Showbox, the film’s distributor, said Tuesday that the film had been sold for a total of 660,000 dollars (620 million won) to eight Asian nations -- Hong Kong, China, Thailand, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Vietnam. “The price is the highest ever paid for a Korean movie at the market by Asian nations except Japan,” it added.

“In the case of Thailand, it signed a deal to invest and distribute the movie in the country instead of just importing it, which shows that the country is confident of its success,” Showbox said. “Vietnam agreed to pay a price similar to what it paid to buy “King Kong, making the movie the most expensive Korean movie it has imported.” Vietnam is reported to have high expectation for the film because it stars Shu Qi, a Hong Kong actress who enjoys great popularity in Vietnam.

“My Wife is a Gangster 3” also sold to Germany, and the distributor expects more sales after the film is completed because other countries like the U.S., Britain and France also showed great interest. “Since the remake copyright of “My Wife is a Gangster 1” was sold to Hollywood in 2001, foreign buyers have showed considerable interest in this movie series,” it said.

Starring Lee Beom-soo, Hyung Young, and Oh Ji-ho in addition to Suh Qi, the movie will be released on Dec. 28. 2006

Link to original article at KBS Global

Now THIS is what I call GOOD NEWS! Let's buy it as soon as we can find it, and support our OJH! I am so happy about the positive tone of this article. Yaaayyy! :D

Hello again alexakim! Sorry I'm so late to come back to you. Thank you very much for the new pictures. I go to his blog everyday to see if he has new ones posted. I only left the one here of him, the one at the script reading, because of the time it takes a page to load on a slow connection. All the pictures you picked are great!

It's very nice that he answered your message to him. I think he's a good human being. :)

The new drama has so many wonderful comments, it gives me hope for a great success for him and the rest of the cast. I really like the dog. So cute. :wub: I sure hope it comes out on DVD. That will be the only way I'll be able to see it. SIGH

Hope everyone here is doing well! Stay healthy and happy!

Oh Boy! Guess what I just found? An Oh Ji Ho Pillowcase. It was found at e-Bay. I hope the lady has more of them. I wrote her a note asking, because I suspect someone here at Soompi would love to have one.

5nkfes.jpg

This picture is the photo of the pillowcase at e-Bay.

It doesn't get any better than this!

PM me for more info. I just ordered it, so I don't know anything about the quality, but the photo is one I like a lot.

thanks for all the goodies amurr..I love it...how does the pillow look like??? wow our oppa is doing well these days...btw OJH's drama Super Rookie is airing in my country next week and finally it got a good timeslot...I'm so excited already ^ ^ all these news makes me feel good!

thanks for all the goodies amurr..I love it...how does the pillow look like??? wow our oppa is doing well these days...btw OJH's drama Super Rookie is airing in my country next week and finally it got a good timeslot...I'm so excited already ^ ^ all tese news makes me feel good!

Hi koalabear! I had just ordered the pillowcase about 5 minutes before posting the news. I wanted to tell people about it right away. I was very excited to be getting it.

I think it will take a long time before it arrives here because of the Christmas mail rush. As soon as it does get here I'll post, telling about the quality, etc.

To be honest, I don't expect much from it in terms of quality, but the fact it exists is a good sign for his popularity, and I really wanted to own one. I'll post here the minute I open the package. I expect it to be about a month though.

Guest alexakim

Hello again alexakim! Sorry I'm so late to come back to you. Thank you very much for the new pictures. I go to his blog everyday to see if he has new ones posted. I only left the one here of him, the one at the script reading, because of the time it takes a page to load on a slow connection. All the pictures you picked are great!

It's very nice that he answered your message to him. I think he's a good human being. :)

The new drama has so many wonderful comments, it gives me hope for a great success for him and the rest of the cast. I really like the dog. So cute. :wub: I sure hope it comes out on DVD. That will be the only way I'll be able to see it. SIGH

Hope everyone here is doing well! Stay healthy and happy!

Hi, I'm also sorry for being late to reply. Just got back from holiday ^^

I visit his blog everyday too.. hehe~

Sometimes I left msg there (especially in "What Friend Say" section).

He's my 1chon friend ^^

And here are some other pics from his page~

Zio01-1.jpg

Zio02-1.jpgZio03-1.jpg

Zio04-1.jpgZio05-1.jpg

Zio06-1.jpgZio07-1.jpg

wow...I haven't visited his minihompy and the pics are tempting me to visit...thanks for the pics...Ji-ho oppa sure loves taking pictures ^ ^

Hi koalabear. I was thinking that too. He does seem to love photography, and the pictures of him taking pictures of himself are very amusing.

alexakim really comes through, doesn't she? Thanks again alexakim!

The official website for My Wife is a Gangster3 is up and running. There are trailers you can watch, and other goodies. Click on the poster below to get there. :)

OJH_Gang3Posterr.jpg

OJH_cap_gang3.jpg

My Wife is a Gangster 3 Tops Pre-Sales to Asia

The American Film Market (AFM) saw a number of Korean films sold to various markets, with pre-sales on Korean sequel My Wife is a Gangster 3, closing successive deals throughout Asia. Korean distribution arm Showbox claims deals to Asian markets for the film reached a record high for any Korean film sold at AFM to Asian countries, not including Japan.

The original My Wife is a Gangster was a domestic box-office sensation in 2001, selling over 5 million tickets nationwide. The third outing for the franchise has already created a buzz, as it stars Taiwanese beauty Shu Qi as the gangster wife. She is known in the west for her award-winning roles in Hou Hsaio Hsien's films Three Times and Millenium (sic) Mambo and for her role in The Transporter.

The current sequel is directed by JO Jin-kyu who also directed the original, and is produced again by Hyunjin Cinema. Showbox said total pre-sales to Asia was at $660,000 so far, with the film sold to Sahamongkol International for Thailand, Panorama Distributions for Hong Kong, Scholar Multi-media for Taiwan, Dynamic Film International for China, Cathay Keris Films for Singapore and Malaysia, PT Amero Mitra Film for Indonesia, and BHD for Vietnam.

Korean sequels do tremendously well at home, often simply by virtue of being a sequel. Other hit sequels include Marrying the Mafia 2 and 3, Another Public Enemy and My Boss, My Teacher. In production are the sequels Mapado 2 and My Tutor Friend 2, while plans to produce sequels to The Host and Tazza: The High Rollers are already being discussed.

Nigel D'Sa (KOFIC)

Original article.

Guest alexakim

Just in case you didnt know ^^ Found at Youtube~

My Wife Is A Gangster 3 Teaser Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlLe8OpPP1E

My Wife Is A Gangster 3 Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR7iubYtEfU

My Wife Is A Gangster 3 Theatrical Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT9myMH8eAY

Actually I havent watched those trailers yet (dont have time~).

So I dont know wether the first and the second one are the same or not :unsure:

FYI.. you can download the trailers :phew:

i freakin loveeee his role in fantasy couple

i didnt konw oh ji ho could be so funny!

He is funny. He has no problem being ridiculous, even though he's a very handsome man. I love that about his style. He becomes the person he plays, and doesn't worry about how he looks. He makes great faces. :D .

He does a Godzilla imiatation in Love Trilogy that's hilarious.

Hi alexakim...the first two are the same,and they're good, but the third is fabulous. It's long. Almost 2 1/2 minutes. I love it! Many many thanks! You did great!!! :):):)

UPDATE: March 20, 2008

The YouTube clips are no longer available there. Too bad... :(

Guest Kimbop Sarang

He comes out in Fantasy couple, right? No offense but I personally don't think this guy is good looking xD But he's a funny character in dramas.

Guest alexakim

Hi alexakim...the first two are the same,and they're good, but the third is fabulous. It's long. Almost 2 1/2 minutes. I love it! Many many thanks! You did great!!! :):):)

Really?

Now its time for me to download the trailers! B)

You're welcome, amurr.

Let me see if I can find "Couple in Fantasy" clips ^^

He comes out in Fantasy couple, right? No offense but I personally don't think this guy is good looking xD But he's a funny character in dramas.

Dont worry, no one will attact you because you dont think he's handsome :sweatingbullets:

Welcome to the thread ^^

Archived