Sm Town Official Thread

Guest saltnpepper

I think there's this limited edition photobook (about 50 pages???) of SM artists along with the album. feel free to correct me though. I might have just read it somewhere and completely misunderstood it.

ohh really? I had no idea.. :x

I'm actually thinking of getting this album now.. it looks cute. ^_^

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest moon_kaka

Its seems like SM Ent. like buying songs from Europe ^^ I can tell Snow dream was sang by German (thax Pim, my friend 4 da info ^^) & Tic toc is from Norway (as was said in SuJu's thread ^^)

@hanjin: thax so much babe ^^~ I wish I can meet u when I'll be at home T.T

Guest Chopstickx

I don't think I have a problem with the songs. I think some of them are quite catchy. What I do have a problem with is the quality of the music videos as well as the fact that sometimes it doesn't really feel like a family anymore.

Before, they used to go to different place for their music videos: Philippines, some water theme park, a ski resort, etc. Now, it's like SM puts them all in a building and throws in a couple decorations or adds a green screen. I think they had the most fun when they were actually doing something besides sitting like skiing, swimming, riding the banana boats, etc. And since there are more members of SM Town, they've kind of split into groups. In "Snow Dream," you've got the Suju and DBSK boys together, but then you have Hyunjin + Isak, CSJH, 3/5 of Blackbeat, BoA and Kangta off somewhere else, and then JRI sitting in the middle not really doing anything.

Eh, I kind of miss the old days with Jingle Bells, Angel Eyes, Summer Vacation, Hello! Summer. .___.

wow. i never noticed that they stopped the themes in their MVs until you pointed it out. i agree with you though. i miss seeing everyone goof off with each other. it was fun seeing the interaction between everyone. i'm guessing they stopped the 'fieldtrips' b/c they don't want it to clash with their different groups' schedules. cuz even DBSK went somewhere and had fun for their Hiyaya MV.

and yes, SM does a lot of remakes. i bet a lot more of their songs are remakes that we just don't know about >_>

Guest Shatt3red

I think in song wise, this album is much more better than their previous few sm albums. (but i think the best most catchy sm winter song is still jingle bell and angel eyes~~:wub:)

I actually stopped buying sm town winter/summer even since like.... shinki comes into the picture? :P I love them, but just that sm albums quality kinda drop just after they came out. But i'm definitely getting this. Most of the songs is very good.

I enjoy Kangta's, K.R.Y's, Blackbeat, Trax, ShinKi's and CSJH's. Especially Blackbeat's. Its been a long time since their last song and this song is really great. Are they still a 5member group, or that they only had 3person left just like in the album photos?

ditto.. except i like the title track..

probably because i watched the MV first..

but i love dbsk's "when we'll be together"..

i was kinda disappointed in "Oasis" in the REdsun album..

but "when we'll be togehter" just blown me away...

Hyun JIn never disappointed me...

and SUJU's titctoc is so light-hearted and fun to listen to..

CSJH's song is just addictive to me..

no comment on JRI's song.. (i havent listen to it throughout yet)

and that;s about all the song that i downloaded from the winter album..

oh, when i said "besides", i meant other than/in addition to. so, i do like the title track. :D i listened to the songs before watching the MV.

yeah, Hyun Jin is great. i don't know too much about M.I.L.K, but i've enjoyed her song on this album and also on the last Summer Vacation. she has a very pleasant and strong voice. and yes, CSJH's a good song that you'd wanna sing along to.

track 12 didn't really rub me the right way though. i was kinda wincing while listening to it. :ph34r:

thanks for the original song, vVAniVv. didn't know it was a cover. :P

this is the 2006 Winter Vacation album's official webbie:

http://star.ilikepop.com/starhome/smtown/

you can check out the nice gallery shots and there's a group shot where if you click on each person, it gives a short description - like their b-day and height and weight... :D

Guest BendyStraw

Here is a little information to help those who think its just KANG TA, BoA, TVXQ, TRAX, TSZX, Super Junior and Zhang Li Yin in SM TOWN.

Okay, where to begin?

There was this group called M.I.L.K., it stood for "Made in Lovely Kin". The members consisted of Hyun Jin, Jae Young (aka Hee Bon), Bomi, and Yumi. They debuted in 2001 with the album 'With Freshness' the title track, Crystal, was produced by Moon Hee Jun. In 2003, the group officially disbanded when Yumi left the company though the reason was never spoken. However, Hyun Jin, Hee Bon, and Bomi resigned to SM (not BM) and continued their careers as actresses/models. People are speculating that Hyun Jin will officially go solo since she has already released 5 tracks as a soloist for OSTs and SM complimations. As for Hee Bon, her own official page is in the works and will appear on smtown.com shortly. Bomi is still semi-active, as she has appeared in two banjun dramas with TVXQ and hosted a season of Show Music Tank, her most recent work being CMs. If you look at the official message board @ SM's Winter album website, many M.I.L.K. fans are protesting that Bomi should be included in the next complimation. Yumi is still active as well. She has starred in two EBS dramas, recorded the Japanese theme song for FUTAKOI ALTERNATIVE, and starred as the leading female role in the indie-movie, Eight Broken Fingers.

(Note: M.I.L.K. was signed under SM Entertainment's sister label, BM Entertainment, but were considered members of SM Town)

Okay, I'm a super M.I.L.K. fan sooooo I know quite a bit. So forgive me that the next bit seems very little.

DANA of TSZX was formerly a solo artist and had released 2 albums before the creation of TSZX.

LINA of TSZX was part of a female R&B duo, Isak N Jiyeon, which she went by the name Jiyeon. Isak is still apart of SM and she is the DJ for Arirang Radio's Mid Day Break. 12 - 2 pm KST. In 2003, while Isak was home in America, LINA & DANA began training with Sunday and Stephanie for TSZX. When she returned to Korea, they told her it was unlikely that Isak N Jiyeon would release a second album. I'm really pissed that Isak wasn't apart of the group.

Shinvi, is probably a group you never heard of. They were a female pop trio that debuted in 2002. Like M.I.L.K. and DANA, they were also apart of SM Town but not apart of SM Entertainment. The members were: Sang Eun, Soo Jin, and Yuna. The group was promoted as an "all live" singing group, meaning they never lip synced any of their performances. They were amazing singers! Sadly, the songs they chose to promote hurt them the most. The first song, To My Friend, was misinterpreted and people thought they were lesbians. The second song, picked by an online poll, Darling, was beyond baby doll cute and didn't do to well with what the K-Pop scene was becoming. After the '02 Winter Vacation in SM Town album, they disappeared. The only news I could find regarding them is that in 2004-2005, Sang Eun joined a musical show company and had the lead roles in the korean rendition of Grease! & Chorus Line (i think that was the title). Soo Jin recently modeled for Estee Lauder and for Yuna, she returned to being just a normal girl. :(

The group BlackBeat was originally a 7 member group, but in 2002 their official debut was with 5 members. Before debuting with an album, the 7 members were back up dancers for Shinhwa, S.E.S., and Lee Ji Hoon. They also performed many of the raps that appeared in S.E.S.'s songs. Also, the members Sim Jae Won, Jung Ji Hoon, and Hwang Sang Hoon are the one's responsible for BoA's coreography in ID; Peace B & MANY of TVXQ & Super Junior's dances. The group consists of Lee So Min (leader/vocal), Jung Ji Hoon (lead coreographer/vocal), Sim Jae Won (manager/rapper), Hwang Sang Hoon (narrator/rapper), and Jang Jin Young (lead vocal). The 2 members who didn't make into "Black Beat Finale" went onto other labels. I can't recall which one it is, but one became the solo artist, 'NOW'. Sadly, there "bad boy" image wasn't accepted and they didn't do as well as planned. In the new album, only So Min, Jin Young, & Jae Won appear in the video and photo shoot, but Ji Hoon & Sang Hoon's vocals are still on their track, Without You.

And there is Chu Ka Yul, who's music is suppose to appeal to the older audience with jazz type ballads. Other than that, I don't know much about him... He is featured in '02 Winter, '03 Summer, '04 Summer, and the new '06 Winter Vacation album.

Song Kwang Sik is a pianist. Sadly, that is all I know. He also has a track in the '02 Winter Vacation album.

Yoo Young Jin, the mastermind behind all of the SM stars hits. 'Nuff said.

Oh yeah, if I have any information wrong, please feel free to correct me or add-on to what I've already stated.

Guest sArAnGhAe124

I love SMTown's songs~~~

especially winter ones~~ very lovely! keke

Getting the CD next week~~ Should spend my winter with the songs... hehe :D

Guest astarael

Thank you for the information, BendyStraw :]

I've known about them, but not the background information that you gave. The whole Isak thing... kind of makes me feel betrayed. >_>

Now I'm really curious as to which dances the guys from Blackbeat have choreographed (Jaewon is cute! And they're awesome dancers). A lot of the DBSK dances are really good.

Guest BendyStraw

Thank you for the information, BendyStraw :]

I've know about them, but not the background information that you gave. The whole Isak thing... kind of makes me feel betrayed. >_>

Now I'm really curious as to which dances the guys from Blackbeat have choreographed (Jaewon is cute! And they're awesome dancers). A lot of the DBSK dances are really good.

About Isak, I feel bad for her... Basically, her partner ditched her. Well, it's not like she did it on her own will... But yeah, Isak says they're still close and she's great friends with DANA too! She has pictures of LINA & DANA on her CyWorld.

As for Black Beat, I think they coreograph the dances together. Well, the 3 main dancers: Ji Hoon, Sang Hoon, & Jae Won. As for which dances they actually did coreograph, I'm not too sure... But they definitely did teach the members of TVXQ & Super Junior. U-Know & Eun Hyuk aren't very original, when you compare what they do on TV shows with what Black Beat had displayed in '02. I think the members of Black Beat helped with Super Junior's 'TWINS (Knock Out)' and influenced 'Rising Sun' & 'O'. Oh yeah, Jae Won wants to direct and I saw pictures of what looked like him directing something for Go Ara.

Guest amazinazn90

haha this is really random but does anyone happen to have sm town jingle bells? from their first winter album? if anyone doesss it would help soooo much!! :)

available in my CB

:lol:

http://clubbox.co.kr/wackycashew

SM Town - Making of Snow Dream MV on M.Net Wide News (2006-12-14).wmv [127.3MB] [Dopamine]

http://down.clubbox.co.kr/wackycashew/x7pxa

BendyStraw: thanks for educating us on SM. i'm not familiar with a lot of the groups given their history and various transitions. i have to admit though that despite all the changes, there are many talents at SM. ^_^ i usually enjoy their summer/winter vacation releases.

Guest xingjing

Whoa. A SM Town thread? o____O

Have their new Winter 2006 album. But, seriously, what is up with track 12? The "I Love Hoya" song? I'm sorry, but I think that's a stupid ploy to get older people to listen to the song. First of all, older people wouldn't buy an album just for one song... And the laughing in the beginning... is really scary. *shudder*

I don't like the guy singing either.

This was a nice album, though. Snow Dream's a cute song... but I thought JRI singing the "It's a snow factory" thing was rather random. There's something about her voice when she does that that irritates me. It sounds a bit... whiney? That's not the right word for it, but it doesn't have as much of a softer feel to it.

But she sounds find in her "Heaven" song, though. I think she over-strains her voice at times.

And thanks BendyStraw for the info. Poor Isak was ditched by her partner.

I had no idea that Bomi or Heebon were... singers before. Well, it's interesting. Hm.

Have their new Winter 2006 album. But, seriously, what is up with track 12? The "I Love Hoya" song? I'm sorry, but I think that's a stupid ploy to get older people to listen to the song. First of all, older people wouldn't buy an album just for one song... And the laughing in the beginning... is really scary. *shudder*

seriously.. that almost prevented me from buying it.. it was so out of place with the album.

Thanks BendyStraw for sharing the information.. what happened to Isak sucked.. :\

she sings pretty well.

oh wow thanks for that info on SM. i knew some of it but it was nice for the holes in my knowlege of SM's artists to have been filled.

i love hyun jin's voice. it's so nice. i think she can do well as a solo artist....hopefully SM has as much faith in her as we do.

i still need to get the SM winter album.

i do miss the themed mvs. snow dream and red sun were boring b/c it was all in front of a green screen. it's too animated and fake for me. my fave was summer vacation when they were bungee jumping, banana boating, etc hehe. PLUS FTTS/Shinhwa were still a part of SM then....so yea no comment needed on their greatness lol.

Guest BoA*SarangHae

I liked SM town, no loved, ever since BoA came out.

Then after that I found out about DBSK, and everything else.

In general, SM town rules and its the best for me.

Because mostly it is young artists with a lot of talent. And its more fun and games and not fully serious and americanised and stuff. You can say its a bit more 'kiddie', but dont take that statement the wrong way.

All my favourite artists are in SM, which is only two, lol, but yeah.

I love SM town!

My favourite SM town collab has to be Hot Mail. That was the best times in my life, watching the MV over and over.

I lovvveee it when BoA is happy with other artists, TVXQ, Brian, everyone. Playing in the water. Omg.. so enjoyable to watch. Esp when there is simple TVXQ and BoA everywhere, woot!

The newest one Snow Dream is a great song, and the MV is great, but the only thing that bothers me is the lack of BoA. I understand BoA wasnt there for the making of the whole thing, but they shouldve gave BoA and KangTa more screenplay.

After a minute, you will forget that BoA is even in the video! sigh!

They gave her early lines and shes no where at the 2nd half of the song.

Same with KangTa, seems like he sings 2 lines in every collab and disappears. They should film more KangTa and BoA! Two most important people in SM should have time to have fun with the newer artists!

I love DBSK's parts, same with SuJu, enjoyable to watch.

But it isnt my favourite because nothing is my favourite without BoA xD

Also, Jang Ri In's Snow factory part totally ruined the song xD.

And the ending line shouldve been BoA! I wouldve been in tears if it was, such a beautiful ending~ But no.. BoA disappeared after the first minute o-o

As you can see I have a lot to rant about Snow Dream but overall its a really great song, the raps once again are really k00l! TVXQ and SuJu as usual, great rappers, xD.

And that 'My part' ball, haha, funny.

Oh yeah.. Hee Chuls hairstyle is strange in this MV! He totally wants to be a girl lmao..

BoA's DOTCH remake wasnt anything special, but I guess it was all she could do without her Korean writers and producers.. DOTCH is a great song though!

DBSK's ballad in the album is great! Its quite boring after a few plays but initial hearing, its actually good to listen to.

after i watched snow dream, it's much people. i have to watch again and again but i love this song ^^

where can i find lyric in korean?

thanks

Guest jae!fany

ahh, i loved snow dream and when we'll be together!

getting the CD next week, and the MV was cute, but yeah, BoA had liek 2 seconds show time then she was gone, same with kangta! :o LOL

when we'll be together was so nice. track 12 was :X

and in snow dream, jang ri in's singing sounded kind of computerized? ): she has a great voice, it just didn't sound so..nice in the song? haha

Archived