Park Shi Yeon 박시연

Pooh4ever

Guest Airine Pratama

I hope Shi Yeon unni will have a new drama soon ... A good drama with a handsome co-star ... :P

I loveee Coffee House, one of the best drama ever ...

I'm one of them who at first hate Park Shi Yeon since My Girl but then suddenly came to loveeeee her alot through her Eun Young character in Coffee House.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Park Shi-yeon’s Best Love cameo

The Hong sisters strike again with another cameo featuring one of their previous cast members: Park Shi-yeon, whose first acting role came in their second drama (My Girl), is coming back for Best Love, which premiered today.

I have to say I’m disappointed that she’s not playing the same character, although it’s not because I had any great affection for her tennis star character from My Girl. In fact, from a purely acting standpoint I’m glad that Park has moved far away from that performance, where her inexperience really showed. (She was thankfully much improved in her latest role, Coffee House.)

Rather, it’s because the Hongs love to allude to their prior dramas with many of their cameos, though the revisited characters are often like alternate-world versions of the originals. See: Hana/Chun-hyang and Mong-ryong coming back in My Girl in slightly altered versions, or flirty Mi-nam making a pass at Lee Seung-gi in My Girlfriend Is a Gumiho. (Really, O naive ex-nun? What next, you take up drinking, cruising, and whatever other sins you’ve picked up along the way?) But character lobotomies aside, the cameos usually enough of a cheeky nod to satisfy fans.

In Best Love, Park plays a top star coming on the same matchmaking variety program that our drama’s leads, Gong Hyo-jin and Cha Seung-won, appear on. (I still contend that she coulda carried over her Maria Sharapova-esque “tennis beauty” role, but oh well.) Park’s appearance appears to be more substantial than the teeny blips usually afforded cameos, as she’ll be in next week’s two episodes.

cr. dreambeans

http://www.dramabeans.com/2011/05/park-shi-yeons-best-love-cameo/

This thread is so dead. Well, she'll be making a cameo in Best Love, but I really hope she'll get a new drama soon.

It feels so weird seeing KJH in a new drama with YEH. Don't get me wrong, I love YEH but I'm so use seeing KJH and PSY together :lol:

Guest Airine Pratama

Hi Pooh ... I saw you at Coffee House thread, must be a fan of KJH and PSY couple :P ...

Me too, although i like Yoon Eun Hye but right now i still have a deep impression of KJH and PSY together :( ...

Hi Pooh ... I saw you at Coffee House thread, must be a fan of KJH and PSY couple :P ...

Me too, although i like Yoon Eun Hye but right now i still have a deep impression of KJH and PSY together :( ...

I'm a big fan of KJH since Capital Scandal. I actually love him and Han Ji Min together, until Jimin was pair with So Ji Sub in Cain & Abel :lol: I love my C&A couple. I do adore KJH and PSY together, but too bad PSY is already taken. I'm happy for her, but our Coffee House couple was awesome. The good memory.

Yoon Eun Hye is forever with Gong Yoo :lol: Coffee Prince couple ftw.

About PSY, I always like her. Some of her fans now used to hate her because of her character in My Girl; however, I never really notice her in My Girl, so I don't have anything against her. I started liking her due to Family Outing. She was so sweet and cute. I really like her in A Man's Story as well. That drama was good. PYH R.I.P =(

• 1 month later...

wow.. its been a while, since I last visited PSY section. I missed her on TV, hope to see her soon.

I'm not sure if this is already posted but I found site where you can download Shi-yeon's KBS Special Drama "RED CANDY" with English subtitles. Please go to this site DOMARAX264

Please visit their site if you want to have a copy of the episode..

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest ieyzAn

can someone find the video of si yeon singing in mnet Must, a new show hosted by yoon do hyun. It aired on last tuesday but i couldnt find any video of it. Does si yeon has a good relationship wiht yoon do hyun? He once posted a selca of him and her in a party.

This is the preview of the episode

can someone find the video of si yeon singing in mnet Must, a new show hosted by yoon do hyun. It aired on last tuesday but i couldnt find any video of it. Does si yeon has a good relationship wiht yoon do hyun? He once posted a selca of him and her in a party.

This is the preview of the episode

nisi201107050004781114w.jpg

You can watch the episode here or here. Si Yeon's performance is at 39:30. 

And anyone who wants to listen to or download the single can visit our blog :) 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LHRCN

she and Lee Hyori are supporting children with leukemia and abandoned animals by holding a bazaar with their belongings, the event is held from July 21st to 23rd. all the money will go to charity

Read a news that she is the new endorser of a cosmetic brand BOBBI BROWN...

Just saw the new MV of Shinhwa's Andy group TEEN TOP and I think the lady on is PARK SHI YEON... Here a link of the teaser

cr: YT @TeenzOnTop :

(Don't Spray Perfume)

Yeah, it's her. You can see her face clearly in this version.

And this is Shi Yeon with her agency members doing some photoshoots.

I'm glad there's more and more news about her. Oh, and she'll be doing a movie called Scent Of A Woman. You can read about it here.

This was posted by one of the guys from their upcoming video for "Don't spray perfume." LOL. That song title cracks me up.

*quoted image*

So apparently they are under Eric's label so I guess they (Eric and Si Yeon) must be on good terms :) 

I thought Teen Top is under Andy's label. Eric is only taking care of them while Andy's in the military, but it's nice to know that they're still in good term.

Here's the link to a better version:

Story Entertainment Labelmates for Marie Claire Korea

Here's the news from allkpop: Click Here

20110721_storyent_marieclaire_5.jpg

20110721_storyent_marieclaire_8.jpg

I could be wrong. Is Top Class Entertainment different from Top Media? I thought Andy is their producer but Eric runs the label but as I said, I could be wrong... doesn't matter anyway. 

Yeah, one of the photos from the Marie Claire shoot is causing controversy cos the bottom part of Si Yeon's body appears to be missing. lol.

EDIT:

Top Class Entertainment and TOP Media are different. Lol.... too many damn tops here :D. I think you're right, Pooh4ever.

clockwatcher: I'm pretty sure I'm right :lol: but that doesn't matter since this is PSY's thread.

I just watch the mv and...................yeah, that's all I can say about it. PSY is gorgeous in it though, like always :)

Teen Top and Park Shi Yeon share their first impressions of each other.

20110727_teentop_siyeon_0.jpg

TEEN TOP and actress Park Si Yeon revealed their first impressions of each other after working together on TEEN TOP’s comeback music video, “Don’t Wear Perfume“.

Park Si Yeon revealed, “I saw them dancing and thought that they were cool, but seeing them in person made me realize that they were boys after all. Because of our big age difference, I was too shy to look them in the eyes.”

When asked to share an episode that happened on the set together, TEEN TOP replied, “We were only used to seeing her act, so we thought she’d be cold and confident. Seeing her in person though, she’s shy and doesn’t talk a lot, so it was a bit awkward at first. But as soon as the cameras started rolling, she transformed into the nuna in our lyrics, which made us realize her level of professionalism. Right when the awkwardness was dying down a bit, the filming ended.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/07/teen-top-and-park-si-yeon-share-their-first-impressions-of-each-other

news from allkpop

PSY is so shy :)

Thanks clockwatcher for the photos. The tattoos..........kinda creepy but she's still beautiful.

Park Shi Yeon returns to film as a femme fatale

Actress Park Shi-yeon (Coffee House) will be making her big screen comeback early next year opposite Park Hee-soon (A Barefoot Dream) in a thriller sex comedy (How’s that for a genre mashup?) called Scent of a Woman. Yeah, someone should tell them there’s a drama around with the same name. Wouldn’t that be your first order of business? Emergency title brainstorm meeting?

Park Shi-yeon will be starring as a femme fatale in the film described as a “sexual comedy with thriller elements.” I don’t know what that means, but I just hope it’s not a sign of an identity crisis. PD Kim Hyung-joon who directed the thriller No Mercy will be at the helm. There’s not too much detail about the story, but Park Hee-soon will play a detective who comes across Park Shi-yeon during an investigation, only he somehow ends up the prime suspect because of her. His underling detective, played by Joo Sang-wook (Thorn Birds, pictured below), will end up chasing him in turn.

So love triangle with two detectives and one femme fatale? That’s not an unfamiliar setup, but I’m more intrigued by the so-called thriller-sex-comedy angle. Especially because I’d be uninterested if Park Shi-yeon were playing a straight-up femme fatale, which she’s done before. But I like her much better as a rom-com actress, because she has a naturally bubbly personality that comes across much better onscreen. So if they actually pull this off as a laugh-out-loud comedy, then I’m down.

Scent of a Woman starts shooting in late August, and plans for an early 2012 premiere.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2011/07/park-shi-yeon-returns-to-film-as-a-femme-fatale/

cr. dramabeans

Well, she's coming back on screen, but unfortunately it's the big screen. I'm more a small screen (drama) person, but I'm still happy that she's finally having some kind of project.

Archived