• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Lilazinprincess

Congratulations to Park Shi Yeon!

Park Shi-yeon announces November wedding

September 26, 2011

Another celebrity ties the knot: Park Shi-yeon has played the bride several times (once in Story of a Man, pictured above, and again in Coffee House), and it’s her turn to be one in real life. She has just announced her upcoming wedding to a non-celebrity, as well as her plans to hold the ceremony on November 19 at Seoul’s Hyatt Hotel.

Naturally, everyone’s curious to know who the groom is, and according to Park’s agency, he is identified only as Mr. Park, an ordinary office employee who works in the stocks and securities industry. The couple’s relationship was first rumored back in March, and has since turned serious.

Park Shi-yeon said in a statement via her agency, “I’m sorry to be conveying my wedding news through a press release like this. I’d like to set a good example in my happy marriage and family, and will do my best. I hope you’ll wish me well.”

Aw, yay for her! I used to think Park was just a pretty face who got acting offers because of her looks (admittedly, she was awful in her debut drama, My Girl), but she has gotten so much better in recent years and was just charming and winning in last year’s Coffee House. That made me a fan, and I loved how she portrayed a successful, confident businesswoman who wasn’t, for once, a pinkberry. (Why is that such a hard thing to find in dramaland? It shouldn’t be.)

Park’s current project is a “thriller sex comedy” called Scent of a Woman (absolutely no relation to the recent drama series), in which she stars alongside Park Hee-soon and Joo Sang-wook. The men play detectives, the former ending up as a suspect thanks to Park’s involvement, leading his junior colleague to chase him as well. The movie plans to release next year.

Credits to: Dramabeans | Via Osen

• 1 month later...

omo! i was shocked! i didn't know she just got married already! lol

wow....i remember liking her on "coffee house"!

i was rooting for her to date and hopefully marry kang ji hwan! haha i guess that will never happen now....

anyways, i wanted to see how her husband looks like!

Shi yeon, is just soooo absolutely GORGEOUS~!!!

her husband is one lucky guy! lol

omo! i was shocked! i didn't know she just got married already! lol

wow....i remember liking her on "coffee house"!

i was rooting for her to date and hopefully marry kang ji hwan! haha i guess that will never happen now....

anyways, i wanted to see how her husband looks like!

Shi yeon, is just soooo absolutely GORGEOUS~!!!

her husband is one lucky guy! lol

LOL I think a lot of people wanted KJH and her to end up together for real, but I guess it didn't turn out the way us fans wanted. I'm still happy for her. She wanted to get marry before she hits 35, and she accomplishes it.

About the groom, she wanted to keep his identity hidden since he's a non-celebrity, so I think we should respect her decision.

And it's nice seeing you in here, I see you often in Ojakgyo Brothers' thread :lol:

Anyone have pics of her at the Mnet Asian Music Awards? I saw some at allkpop and she looks fabulous.

Archived