[Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] Jade Lovers 翡翠恋人

Rania Zeid

Lee Jong Suk ‘Jade Lover,’ a Korea-China joint production which will begin its broadcast on Anhui TV on Aug. 25

By Michelle Guanzon
on May 10, 2016 20:05 PM

lee-jong-suklee-jong-suk

Lee Jong Suk : (credit: Photo by Lee Jong Suk Society‏)

The 26-year-old South Korean actor is confirmed to release his new drama entitled "Jade Lover."

His character will be named Bai Lou Han. It is a Korean-Chinese drama production.

Meanwhile, in another report, YG Entertainment just announced today that they have signed an exclusive contract with the South Korean actor. Furthermore, report says that the actore wanted to be with the YGE as he wanted to focus more on his acting career.

Source: http://chinachristiandaily.com/2016-05-10/society/lee-jong-suk--jade-lover---a-korea-china-joint-production-which-will-begin-its-broadcast-on-anhui-tv-on-aug--25_1219.html

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spoiler

Photo from irene7an

smokeyjoon (Jong Suk's friend) IG Update 11.05.16

Lee Jong Suk's Group Photo with "Jade Lover" Team

Google Trans: Who seems too good to be spent with 'll never forget three months. .

PS: This picture is slightly different from the previous one we had.

Stills of Lee Jong-suk’s new romance drama unveiled

Updated : May 16 2016 

tumblr_inline_o7a66bCWuS1sp3v51_540.png

Stills from actor Lee Jong-suk’s new Chinese TV drama, “Jade Lover,” were released Monday. 

In the photos released by Chinese video platform iQiyi to its Weibo account, Lee is seen standing beside female protagonist Zheng Shuang, as they share an umbrella. In another photo, Lee hugs Zheng, creating a lovely couple look.

tumblr_inline_o7a66q7orf1sp3v51_540.png

The new Chinese-Korean TV drama is a fantasy romance set in the 1930s, centering on the romance between the heirs of two Chinese rival families. The show is being directed by Jin Hyuk, previously behind popular series “Brilliant Legacy,” “City Hunter” and “Doctor Stranger.” 

The program, which made headlines for its mega-budget of 40 billion won ($34 million), will air this summer through Chinese streaming platforms Tencent and iQiyi. 

By Ahn Sung-mi (sahn@heraldcorp.com) 

Article: Kpopherald

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201605161655532071387_2

LJS for Ceci (June ‘16) - Part 2

Translation note: Hammered out a bit during lunch. ;) More to come tonight.

Ceci: Since ‘W’ is going to air on July 20th and ‘Jade Lover’ is set to air in China near the end of the year, it seems that Lee Jong Suk is ready to sweep up popularity in China and Korea. Let’s talk about ‘Jade Lover’ which you worked on first. What kind of drama is this?

JS: ‘Jade Lover’ is set in 1930s and filmed at Hengdian, which is known as the Hollywood of China. The city itself is an enormous studio; it’s amazing to see. The drama itself is a tight-knit fantasy romance, giving off the slight feeling of ‘Romeo and Juliet’ in China. It deals with the love story and rivalry between two great merchant families that deal in jewelry. The script was written by a Chinese writer and director by Jin Hyuk PD.

Ceci: Given that it’s a script written by a Chinese writer, there would probably be difficulties when dealing with dialogue with other actors?

JS: Since I decided to do a Chinese project, I felt it would be better to pick a writer who understands the Chinese sentiment. I already knew what the dialogue of my partner meant through a Korean translation of the script. To be able to act together just through the actions and cooperation, it is a fresh new experience.

Ceci: ‘Jade Lover’ is a production of more than 40 billion won in investment. What kind of charms do you wish fans to see through this project?

JS: This is the first time I’ve done a role that is rich (laughs), so I can change outfits all the time. We brought over complete sets of outfits from Korea. So  you should be able to see a different side of me. Since Jin Hyuk PD is directing, the visual cinematography is also outstandingly beautiful. I worked with Zheng Shuang, an actress that is very popular in China; the chemistry between a Chinese actress and a Korean actor should also be quite interesting.

Ceci: You are seen as one of the ‘New Four Heavenly Kings of Hallyu’ in China; this time Ceci is releasing your cover in China and Korea simultaneously. During filming ‘Jade Lover’, did you feel your popularity on that level?

JS: I agree that those actors I respect are the ‘Four Heavenly Kings’, but to add me on that list is an exaggeration. The city I was filming in, Hengdian, is actually quite far away from civilization. When fans came to the jotel every weekend, they would always bring Korean food, perhaps because they felt that I would miss Korean cuisine. Also, the nearest Starbucks was about an hour from where I lived, but every morning, there would be fans who bring me Americano or iced latte because they know I like it. I’m really thankful for them; I was well taken care of.

Ceci: Was there any particular actor you cooperated well with in ‘Jade Lover’?

JS: There was an actor-hyung who played my secretary in the drama, the character’s name was “Zhao Meng”. I learnt a lot from him. In Korean dramas, we focus a lot on upper-body shots, so actors tend to lean on facial expressions when acting. However, Chinese actors have more actions scenes that make use of the whole body. I learnt a lot through our scenes together.

Archived