[Drama 2018] Goodbye aka Parting Left, 이별이 떠났다

0ly40

Now that the pilot has lost his job and from the preview things are going on a downward spiral and I am excited. Maybe at this point some of the characters will start to change their views. I hope something good happens for the co-pilot he seems to be the most reasonable person. 

On another note, the cinematography is really nice. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Daebak!!! I knew this drama was different. I knew that I was gonna love it. And I do.. I really do.

I started to like the grandmother, she's the second person after JH who understand what YH's been through. So disappointed with MS still. Drafting for military service, even though he hasn't decided yet, is just an excuse he needs to run away from the big responsibility that's awaiting him. He hasn't changed at all. And like YH and JH, I don't have much hope for him. He is the most egoistic character among all. Even the mistress does what she does for YY's best. I just don't believe when MS said he had JH's well being in his mind. 

I really like the way this is going.  Mom got dumped on from every angle, including her bratty son, who had some dumb reason for her "making him like he was."  It is not unusual for a career woman to give up everything for a family, which she did willfully.  I don't blame her at all for saying the diamonds (husband and son) turned out to be rocks.  Both husband and son are such disappointments, which is of their own making.  I actually think son should go into the service to mature and do some serious thinking, then come back more prepared to be a Dad.

Mom is bonding again with JH and they will do just fine together.  This last episode was so touching and those two will make it.  It almost sounded like , in the preview, that mistress was suggesting that she knew of some of the nonsense going on in the airline company (??).  It's going to be funny if those 3 women are the ones to take down the airline and the crooks who run it.

1 hour ago, msmy said:

I actually think son should go into the service to mature and do some serious thinking, then come back more prepared to be a Dad.

I agree with you on that point. But still, I think he should at least be by JH's side until the baby is born. Up until now, he is the weakest character of all. Obviously no one will miss him if he enlist the military service now and JH will easily find another reliable man and forget MS for good.  

I do love Young Hee and has been rooting for her since the beginning to just leave her cheating husband. But i don't like the way she's been dealing with Minsoo. As shown in the flashback, at first Minsoo tried to live to her expectation but as her expectation grew bigger she was left with great disappointment. While she thought that was love and start with good attention it eventually backfires as Minsoo couldn't handle the pressure. He ended up rebelling and resented her as she tried to live her dreams through Minsoo.While i do admirer her courage to stop being a career woman for her family, her way of objectifying her husband and Minsoo as a token for her hard work and sacrifices is the main reason why they were breaking apart. As a mom, we sometimes think that our kid has been taking our love and care for granted. We wanted them to acknowledge all the scarifies that we have made. But we forget that they would eventually grow up and live their own life not the life we have set for them. Being too involved in child's life in a way that is in excess and having all the expectations doesn't help with child's growth. Having said this, i think Minsoo is an ungrateful and irresponsible brat that i want to slap every time he opens his mouth. Whenever he shown an ounce of hope that he has change he then said or do something that prove me otherwise. He needs a looooooooooooooooooooot of growing up to do.

With this drama, all the characters somehow has been hurt and in pain but rather than consoling and forgiving they ended up saying the meanest things or the things that they don't mean at all. Cant they just forgive and forget?Haishh , there wont be a drama then i guess.Ha

I found a naver link for all the illustrations of the novel. Don't open if you don't want to be spoiled. I'm not sure how close are the drama plots compare to the novel, but here you can see some past events and also a glimpse of what about to come next (Maybe, hopefully!).

Oh, please tell me if its not allowed to share a link here or if this has been shared.

@iusedtolovecoconut well, I do have one or two ideas in mind. The Mistress, The Sister, The Co-Pilot and The Husband will make a legal lawsuit against the company. I see The Wife will also have a role there, but I don't know how. They will receive huge capital compensation, huge enough for The Mistress and The Sister to live comfortably, and The Husband and The Co-Pilot will get their job back. The Wife and The Husband won't divorce, so she still get his salary. The Son enlist for military service, the girl (after the baby is born) will continue her education.. 

Other idea, The Wife and The Girl (and the baby) will start new life somewhere and they live peacefully. It will be amazing if the Wife has her old job back though. It seems that she was successful career woman in the past. 

But if anything, a happy ending for both The Wife and The Girl (and the baby) is a must!!

As expected, the drama continue to deliver! The whole conversation about name is so touching and meaningful.Younghee finally realised your name shouldn't be forgotten and only remain as 'mom' . Being a mother made her has different purpose in life. She lived her whole life for her family. Naturally she forgets that she had a life before children. As per last week episode, I still remember grandma's conversation with Se Young which is also great. Something about how Younghee think her name is 'mom'. She think that she was born a mother from the start up until now. Being a mother is the only thing that she knows, I'm glad that she finally realised that. She's been holding on for so long because she is scared of losing her title as 'mom'. But she forgets that she is more than that, her family is not the only thing that is important. It's herself. So, it was so satisfying to see her dolled up for interview and being confident again. 

FInally been able to watch latest episodes. Had little catch up. 

so life is turning on the bright side on this drama. I really loved that the mistress (can't never remember her name) defend her mother. even though i still really don't like the mistress. 

I'm totally in love in this drama. the hightligt of this week episodes was for younghee calling out her name.

This is almost the only one korean drama that i'm wacthing right now. 

Just watched all for last episodes last night. There weren't as depressed as previous episodes. I still think that the husband will be reinstated. He might be a despicable husband, but tbh i think he is a really good pilot. As for the co-pilot, now I think it will be better for him that he find another job.

So the mistress does feel guilty, doesn't she? but her pride prevent her to admit it. 
I am so sorry for JH's mom. The trauma must be huge for her to be in that terrible state. I don't blame her for one second. To experience high risk pregnancy with an abusive husband is really hard to cope. 

32224946_2044084869192242_52552520656129398170.pngimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRV63DHYUwbboGPVvCncW

I just happened to come across this drama early today while checking on another drama.  Although I am currently watching or I should say trying to watch to many as it is.  Yet something in the picture of two women and the description caught my eye.  How glad I am that it did for after watching the first few episodes I knew it would be worth my time...

I am behind everyone else except those who haven't tried it yet and it's a bit early but I am moved by what I have already seen and I love the writing which makes me a bit sad that this drama isn't being noticed like it should.  My posts will seem out of sync but I hope you won't mind my sharing anyway!

Even through the struggles, disappointments and brokenness these two women are facing alone and together still what I love so far is the courage and their strength to not only go on but to follow their hearts even when it isn't easy to do...

This story might come across at first as one about defeat, but not so...

It's more about survival and victory...

That's what I hope to see and hope I find...

I thought Dad to be was a little over the top when he had his outburst at the university office, but he did support Jung Ho, so he's coming around.  Everyone in this drama is being forced to act in response to some life changing episode, and you can just see them being pushed to the point where they have to make a decision.  No sitting on the fence now.... some type of action is required.  But that's life, isn't it?  The kids are finding out that their original plans are being scrapped so it's time for a Plan B.  And the mistress has finally gotten a reality check and is re-thinking what she was previously demanding.  JH's dad admits that his attitude and behavior toward JH's mother was cruel and insensitive.  There is a lot of growth in all of these characters.

11 hours ago, msmy said:

I thought Dad to be was a little over the top when he had his outburst at the university office, but he did support Jung Ho, so he's coming around.  Everyone in this drama is being forced to act in response to some life changing episode, and you can just see them being pushed to the point where they have to make a decision.  No sitting on the fence now.... some type of action is required.  But that's life, isn't it?  The kids are finding out that their original plans are being scrapped so it's time for a Plan B.  And the mistress has finally gotten a reality check and is re-thinking what she was previously demanding.  JH's dad admits that his attitude and behavior toward JH's mother was cruel and insensitive.  There is a lot of growth in all of these characters.

Really loved your post and you're so right about the growth and it's done in a way that really makes you understand how people don't always know whats going on underneath someone or how easy it is to misjudge those people around us.  I love the truth and focus of how important relationships between women are in understanding and feeling a bond such as having children that they share and for that matter the friendships and bond that are found in men as well.  There is an ease and freedom and sense of trust that can't be completely explained it's just the way it is....

I am truly blown away at how raw and honest this story truly is and the struggles and sacrifices that are made and sometimes go unnoticed by those closest to us.  How a woman can lose her identity and do it willingly because she believes in something  much greater than herself.  Her family...  Being a Parent isn't the easiest job but it can be the most rewarding... 

I cam back to add this that not only are women making sacrifices in this drama so are the men and in the responsibilities in caring for those they love...

And what I love even more about this drama is the reality of how precious each life is no matter how small...:heart:

More great episodes this week-end.  Mom is getting to be quite the super Mom by solving some of the pesky problems of the people around her.  Dad and co-pilot were offered their jobs back, with strings attached, so they rejected the offers.  There is incriminating evidence on a disk involving the airline company and the guys will hand it over to a reporter and wait for all heck to break loose.  That should be fun.

Min Soo is finally stepping up to the plate and trying to act responsible.  The preview shows that JH has developed the same problem that her mother had, so this is going to get tense where some hard decisions will have to be made.  I'm really looking forward to next week-end... the writing and acting is just superb.

Archived