[OFFICIAL] GUM COUPLE ❤ | Kim Nam Gil & Kim Ah Joong | Im ❤ Kyung

vangsweetie637

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, iamemilykay said:

Chingu-deul~~~ 

Finally, I'm soooo glad to be able to finally say I've finished translating the entire V Live Broadcast! Woohooo! :lol::lol::lol:

I've done timing your translations with the video so I can watch it again and again with sub now. :wink:

Thank you so much for translating..

2 hours ago, ravairie said:

Good thing, they gave us a happy ending LOL :lol:

I knew it, it was originally a sad ending and more on being them being a doctor.  Thank goodness because of their chemistry, they gave us a happy ending. Though even if it was a sad ending, its still ok.  But i hate sad endings so hurray!

Thanks to all for all the updates/news/translations.

I don't like sad ending as well, but to be honest, I thought it would be more of a classic if it has a sad ending.

But I can't complain about the happy ending that they've decided to use due to the great chemistry between the leads.

I am glad that it was a happy ending too lol. Having watched almost every series and movies of KNG... a happy ending is very rare lol (especially an ending where he gets or ended up with the girl LOL) Good thing it's a happy one... at least this one have a different ending for his character.

3 hours ago, ravairie said:

Good thing, they gave us a happy ending LOL :lol:

I'm so glad they did. I have a terrible time with sad endings. I love timeslip dramas, but if the ending is sad, then it just kills it for me (Scarlet Heart anyone?) But YAY to our drama production team for bringing our couple back together again. And honestly, I think the message of this being their reward fits well with the story arc, so it doesn't feel tacked on or forced at all. 

1 minute ago, clare009 said:

I'm so glad they did. I have a terrible time with sad endings. I love timeslip dramas, but if the ending is sad, then it just kills it for me (Scarlet Heart anyone?) But YAY to our drama production team for bringing our couple back together again. And honestly, I think the message of this being their reward fits well with the story arc, so it doesn't feel tacked on or forced at all. 

i watch that lol.. the major cliff hanger.. the moment its ended im like "its done?! really? just like that? looking at the picture?!" lol agree with you, so glad they did :D 

9 minutes ago, yanki said:

I am glad that it was a happy ending too lol. Having watched almost every series and movies of KNG... a happy ending is very rare lol (especially an ending where he gets or ended up with the girl LOL) Good thing it's a happy one... at least this one have a different ending for his character.

If it was a sad ending, then it should not have been tagged as romcom! Lol ill sue them for misleading me and emotional damage :D now i am kinda wishing for them to have a project again maybe late next yr, this time i will be ok if it will be tragic or sad ending.  I think it will be epic and classic.

I will be brave to watch it even if it will give emotional stress lol

7 minutes ago, yanki said:

Maybe it have relation with their real life that they both get each other in real life too lol even the conversation at the ending feels real, its like KNG ask KAJ if she already has boyfriend and she said no, only "boy" and "friends" LOL and he realize he cant live without her and finally KNG pursue her, beside we already knew how our queen feeling for KNG lol.. omg what i was thinking right now, its still in the morning and i already deluluing, pardon me :D  

Sad ending? I think i’ll die from too much crying if that happened. And I probably won’t watch it for so many times. Haha. Already with this ending, i’m still shedding tears of joy all the time at the end.

I wonder what was KNG’s reaction to all the viewers’ love for Gum couple such that they had to create another ending. Shy? Can’t look into her eyes? Lip biting? Haha. If only we can hear from him soon. I think he most probably has never experienced such overwhelming love from viewers for him and his partner. 

34 minutes ago, leba said:

Sad ending? I think i’ll die from too much crying if that happened. And I probably won’t watch it for so many times. Haha. Already with this ending, i’m still shedding tears of joy all the time at the end.

I wonder what was KNG’s reaction to all the viewers’ love for Gum couple such that they had to create another ending. Shy? Can’t look into her eyes? Lip biting? Haha. If only we can hear from him soon. I think he most probably has never experienced such overwhelming love from viewers for him and his partner. 

Not to say he didn't because Bideok (Bidam + Deokman) was such an epic couple. Bidam was supposed to be a villain but the writer had to change history and made a different ending for Bidam and Deokman, that is they are each other's true love. In fact, when KNG and LYW won best couple award (with a staggering majority votes of more than 80%) , KNG in his acceptance speech said that he was not satisfied with how the ending supposed to be for Bidam and Deokman that he talked the writers into it and probably that was what we got in QSD in the end.

Of course, there was no shipping of him and LYW because she was already married with children. But the amount of love that Bideok received really was overwhelming.

I would say after QSD, he had not experienced such deep love for the longest time for him and his drama/movie's love interest as much as he experienced with KAJ in LUTYN. Bonus, this time it came with a heavy shipping. Too bad TvN does not hold annual awards ceremony like the Big 3 stations, otherwise there is a high chance these two could walk the red carpet together and win Best Couple award.

^^ Yeah the popularity he got as Bidam will definitely sound unbelievable for those who wasn't able to witness it at that time or new to KNG .... he was the first one that rivaled with Lee Min Ho that time.  He said in one of his late interviews that he no longer expect to achieve that kind of popularity again since he knew that kind of thing is only once in a life time chance that not everyone will be able to experience and he now consider himself lucky for being able to experience it like that.

It's just sad though... that he work so hard but almost never received a recognition for his acting. Most of the awards he got were all from his QSD days. His past two dramas didn't receive that much love (especially the last one: Shark) which made him really sad. His movie Pirate was a hit though.

So as his fan, I am really glad that LUTYN at least receive some love.

1 hour ago, yanki said:

I googled on articles with LUTYN and stumbled across a posting a Dramabeans when news first arrived that KNG and KAJ were heavily courted to headline the drama. KNG's return to TV was celebrated but not many welcoming the idea of his pairing with KAJ. Glad she has proven them so so wrong because she is the best acting partner of KNG to-date (at least according to me).

But the joke was that the moment KNG name was mentioned, the comments were flooded that the ending probably already been set that is a sad ending where he is going to die. Again, I am happy that LUTYN paid tributes to his many epic deaths on screen but finally broken his drama's curse and gave him a happy ending where he is alive and finally got the girl. Sure, the icing on the cake is if he really got his happy ending in real life too.

Oh I don’t dare to watch QSD. Watched a few snippets of his dying scene. Looks too tragic. Don’t want to get started and love his character so much just to see him die such a horrible death. Am happy enough with LUTYN. Haha. At the very least, it’s a happy ending. And we all love the couple. :)

14 minutes ago, sukbin said:

I googled on articles with LUTYN and stumbled across a posting a Dramabeans when news first arrived that KNG and KAJ were heavily courted to headline the drama. KNG's return to TV was celebrated but not many welcoming the idea of his pairing with KAJ. Glad she has proven them so so wrong because she is the best acting partner of KNG to-date (at least according to me).

But the joke was that the moment KNG name was mentioned, the comments were flooded that the ending probably already been set that is a sad ending where he is going to die. Again, I am happy that LUTYN paid tributes to his many epic deaths on screen but finally broken his drama's curse and gave him a happy ending where he is alive and finally got the girl. Sure, the icing on the cake is if he really got his happy ending in real life too.

I actually wondered about that... I was surprised to see that a lot of people didn't like her, because of her past dramas saying her acting was bad in those etc. I've never seen any of her projects except 100 pounds Beauty so I am not sure about what they are saying. I like her in that movie though.

But yeah it was funny that almost everywhere, you will see a comment on how they hope he will not die in this drama haha that was so funny!

Yeah I remember that speech where he said he was really disappointed with the ending they gave his character Bidam (due to the fact that Bidam died without clearing things up with Deokman) I also wish he was able to die with a peace of mind but at the same time... I think what made that ending that memorable was also because it makes you want to change it, it makes you wish for something else but at the same time you don't want to because it was beautifully done.

So I am really glad they changed the ending for LUTYN , and reading how KNG also participate about the happy ending idea makes it even better. I am glad they listened to him. As if the curse on his characters has been lifted.

8 minutes ago, yanki said:

^^ Yeah the popularity he got as Bidam will definitely sound unbelievable for those who wasn't able to witness it at that time.... he the first one that was being rivaled by Lee Min Ho that time.  He said in one of his late interviews that he no longer expect to achieve that kind of popularity again since he knew that kind of thing is only once in a life time chance that not everyone will be able to experience and he now consider himself lucky for being able to experience it like that.

It's just sad though... that he work so hard but almost never received a recognition for his acting. Most of the awards he got were all from his QSD days.

If based on his interviews posted by a fellow chingu here, he does not seem to be the kind that bothered to be popular. I bet all he wanted was a big break either back then or now, so that he could secure better roles to grow as an actor. QSD gave him a breakout he greatly deserved because Bidam is the role that elevated him from just a second lead actor to a leading man.

On recognition side, I agree that he received so much less compared to other less talented actors albeit the more popular one. That is why I never took Korean awards seriously. Chungmuro may be tough because it is full of heavyweights and talented actors like Song Kang Ho, Han Suk Kyu, Lee Byung Hun but on drama side, he is one of the finest. "Bad Guy" was ill-timing while "Shark" is forgettable but LUTYN surely should have netted him tons of awards. I don't see much strong performance from drama actors this year except from Namgoong Min in Chief Kim, Ji Sung in Defendant and Jo Seung Woo in Secret Forest. I still hope KNG will get some mentioning in DB and hopefully get a Baeksang nomination.

Just now, leba said:

What is Chungmuro? 

He’s really a great actor. 

Chungmuro is Korea Film Industry. 

It's not easy to get recognized in Chungmuro which is dominated by veteran and really skillful actors. The fact that KNG could consistently land movie roles and getting casted with credible actors like Jeon Do Yeon and Sol Kyung Gu means he left quite a deep impression there. I am not a movie person and at at times, I feel Korea's film industry is a bit prejudiced but drama actors not celebrated in Chungmuro. Even big names in dramas like Lee Min Ho, Lee Jong Suk, Song Joong Ki not getting recognition there. 

Based on KNG's personality traits, his place is definitely Chungmuro. Chungmuro is actors' land whereas dramaland is the heaven of Hallyu stars.

Archived