Kim Bum 김범 | [Drama 2022] Ghost Doctor, 고스트 닥터

ilwoo_aein

*** Last night February 22, tvN’s “Ghost Doctor” came to an end. The final episode of the drama recorded average nationwide ratings of 7.953 percent, a new personal best for the drama. Time flies so fast............  I'm going to miss watching the drama. Good that it ended on good note.   :Ohboy3:

source : https://www.nielsenkorea.co.kr/tv_terrestrial_day.asp?menu=Tit_1&sub_menu=3_1&area=00&begin_date=20220222

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Feb. 14-20, 2022

LINK here : Dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/02/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-feb-14-20-2022/

Monday, Feb. 14      
Moonshine KBS
Ghost Doctor 13 tvN 4.7%

Tuesday, Feb. 15      
Moonshine KBS
Ghost Doctor 14 tvN 6.3%

• gm4queen changed the title to Kim Bum 김범 | [Drama 2022] Ghost Doctor, 고스트 닥터

*** tvN drama 'Ghost Doctor' aired it's final episode last night Feb 22. KB thanked those who sent him support during the whole filming, especially those who helped him for the surgery scenes.  I love how he interprets his character in detail.   :heart:

thumb-9563ba9e162b6854516268c570f4f2a0_1

photo source : Korea.com

*** I'm glad that Kim Bum and Rain's drama wrapped up with a positive note.  "Ghost Doctor's" Episode 16, achieved its highest viewership rating for the whole season.  The Monday and Tuesday drama concluded by setting its new personal best. Ghost Doctor" episode 16 garnered an average nationwide ratings of 7.953 percent. 

As he prepares for his final surgery, Cha Young Min had a heart-to-heart talk with Tess (Sung Dong Il). Dr. Cha expressed his gratitude towards Tess. Tess tells Cha Young Min to remember the lessons he learned while being a coma ghost saying "Don't forget, Young-min, when you wake up, you become a doctor who sees people, okay? And the surgery goes well. Let's not see each other again." 

The d-day has come to Cha Young Min and Go Seung Tak as they are about to perform the procedure on the comatose Dr. Cha.  They faced a crisis after Cha Young Min was separated from Go Seung Tak's body during the operation.  However, he trusts Go Seung Tak that he could have wrapped up the operations alone, which he did.  Fortunately, the operation was successful, leaving fellow doctors at Eusang to rejoice, especially Go Seung Tak and Dr. Jang Se Jin (Uee).

Through the video that Cha Young Min recorded while he is inside Go Seung Tak's body, he was able to remember the things he did when he was a coma ghost and the memories he had with people around him.  With this, he was able to reconnect with Dr. Jang and build a unique friendship with Go Seung Tak. "Ghost Doctor" episode 16 also featured how Jang Se Jin proposed to Cha Young Min when he was in a coma.   :Megathanks:

ghost-doctor.jpg?w=600?w=650

ghost-doctor.jpg?w=600?w=650

*** Kim Bum gave fans a special message ahead of the "Ghost Doctor" finale.  He expressed his deep gratitude towards the fans and viewers.  Recalling how he spent a lot of time in the hospital during the production, Kim Bum dishes out that the scenes filmed in the operating room were the most memorable ones. Kim Bum also thanked the team behind "Ghost Doctor." He expressed his "gratitude to the director, writer, all actors, staff, and advisors who worked together to make these scenes."  He said - "thank you "for the support, and I will greet you with a new image."  The drama was his first project this year 2022. "Ghost Doctor" is also the series after his last drama "Law School".  As the plot progresses in "Ghost Doctor," I witness the chemistry of Kim Bum and Rain through their unique bromance.  Unlike other K-dramas featuring two male leads, they usually start off on good terms or even know each other from their childhood; however, in the series, their character featured a love and hate relationship from start to finish. 

I remember during the press conference, director Boo Sung Cheol shared what he really thinks of the two main stars. 

He says how Rain and Kim Bum "matched really well," noting that if Rain "is the engine, then Kim Bum is the headlights."

Sung Dong-Il also portrayed a significant character in "Ghost Doctor."   :rubchin:

If you are suffering from chronic pain, have a trigger finger, or have problems with your hand, then you are probably looking for trigger finger treatment in Singapore. Trigger finger treatment Singapore is an advanced treatment that uses your own pain to help you not suffer as much.

What is Trigger Finger?

Trigger Finger is a condition where the first joint of a finger becomes more painful when trying to extend it. This condition usually appears in one or both hands. The patient may have no pain outside of their fingers, but experience pain at the first joints.

Symptoms and causes

A new study has found that topical lidocaine or lidocaine with morphine can be an effective treatment for migraine headaches. The study, published in the journal Headache, was performed on adults having migraines, and patients reported significant relief after using either drug.

• Off-Topic 1

Kim Bum Talks About Working With Rain And Apink’s Son Naeun In “Ghost Doctor,” Playing A Double Role, And More

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Kim Bum recently sat down for an interview with Star News on the end of his tvN drama “Ghost Doctor.”

“Ghost Doctor” is a fantasy medical drama about two doctors who could not be more different in backgrounds, skills, and personalities, but end up combining bodies and spirits. Rain starred as genius thoracic surgeon Cha Young Min and Kim Bum starred as silver-spoon resident Go Seung Tak. Uee played neurosurgeon Jang Se Jin, and Apink’s Son Naeun played emergency room intern Oh Soo Jung.

kim-bum-11.jpeg

Asked about the similarities between himself and Go Seung Tak, Kim Bum said, “If we were to talk about it in terms of MBTI types, Seung Tak is an E type [extrovert] and I’m an I type [introvert]. This is the biggest difference between us. I think that I matured quite quickly when I was a kid. I think that’s something we have in common.”

About acting in a medical drama, he said, “I’m the type that doesn’t like using stunt actors to stand in for me, but when I saw the surgery scene, I thought, ‘There’s no way I can imitate that.’ That was the first time I’d felt like that. I visited real research hospitals and interviewed experts and practiced. It’s not something you can master in two months, so in reality, we borrowed from real-life medical professionals. I regretted that I couldn’t easily visit hospitals for research because of the COVID-19 situation.”

kim-bum-3.jpeg

In the drama, Go Seung Tak is occasionally possessed by the spirit of Cha Young Min, who is in a coma. Therefore, Kim Bum had to study Rain’s mannerisms and manner of speech. “Even when we weren’t filming, I would watch him,” he said. “How he walks, how he stands, what gestures he makes when he talks, I made a note of all of them. For instance, when we’re wearing the white coat, Seung Tak is hunched in because he doesn’t want to make contact. But when he’s Cha Young Min, he puts his hands in his pockets. He always walks with confidence.”

He continued, “Rain is a senior who communicates well, so it was fun to work with him. The outer part is me and I’m playing his character in my body, but it wasn’t exactly like I was playing two roles in one. It was like the two of us were playing the same role. It was a character we created together, and the process of creation was really fun. We were always laughing on set together, and it was really fun when we were acting together.”

About his character’s brief romance with Son Naeun’s character, he said, “It was fun. Son Naeun has the same MBTI type as me. We’re both INTJ. We have a lot of thoughts, but don’t often say them out loud, so that was something we could empathize with each other about. I treated her comfortably, but I’m not sure if she actually found me comfortable.

I felt a bit disappointed that we couldn’t close out our characters’ relationship in the drama. They’re both shy, so they took all the way until the end to talk.”

Spoiler

kim-bum-21.jpeg

Watch “Ghost Doctor” below!

Watch Now

credit : soompi news

*** We said goodbye to "Ghost Doctor" now, which ended on a high note.    :Megalol:

************************************************************************************************************

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Feb. 21-27, 2022

Link here : https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/02/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-feb-21-27-2022/

Monday, Feb. 21      
Moonshine 15 KBS 5.3%
Ghost Doctor 15 tvN 5.3%

Tuesday, Feb. 22      
Moonshine 16 KBS 5.9%
Ghost Doctor 16 tvN 8.0%

*** Kim Bum recently gave an interview about his experiences on the drama "Ghost Doctor". He describes his character  as no resilience or responsibility but gradually coming into both over the course of his experiences.  He also appreciated the backstory of his character, with the pain of his own past and feeling unloved also contributing to his present day personality issues. He claimed that doing this drama was a lot more fun than he was expecting.   :kaching3:

photo1437689.jpg

photo1437688.jpg

photo1437687.jpg

photos source : Hancinema

*** TODAY March 2nd, Good Data Corporation released the top 10 most buzz-worthy dramas for the 4th week of February. The list was compiled from analyzing news articles, blog posts, online communities, videos, and social media posts about them. 'Twenty-Five, Twenty-One', 'Forecasting Love and Weather', and 'Thirty-Nine' remained strong at the top 3.  :Ohboy3:

****************************************************************************************************************************************************

Top 10 Currently Most Buzz-Worthy Dramas in South Korea for the Fourth Week of February, According to Data

#7 tvN's 'Ghost Doctor' (4.89 points)

20220302_052411_278_0.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Gstarlive

*** The list of top 30 drama actors/actresses with the highest brand reputation indexes for the month of March has been revealed. And KB is included in the top 30. The Korea Institute of Corporate Reputation has released the brand value for drama actors/actresses for the month of March. According to the data collected from February 6th to March 6th, Son Yejin ranked first. Congratulations to him who made it to the list!  :sweet:

20220307_043201_963_00.jpg

*** Good Data Corporation releases weekly rankings of the most talked about dramas and actors/actresses of the airing dramas. The data are collected from the netizen’s reactions to online news, community, social media and videos.   :getmygrooveon:

********************************************************************************************** 

10 Most Talked About Actors & Dramas On February 2022

4th Week of February (Released on March 2nd)

-Dramas-

1. "Twenty-Five Twenty-One"

2. "Forecasting Love and Weather"

3. "Thirty, Nine"

4. "Young Lady and Gentleman"

5. "Through the Darkness"

6. "Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce) 3"

7. "Ghost Doctor"

8. "Moonshine"

9. "Tracer"

10. "The King of Tears, Lee Bang Won"

-Actors-

1. Kim TaeRi - "Twenty-Five Twenty-One"

2. Nam JooHyuk - "Twenty-Five Twenty-One"

3. Son YeJin - "Thirty, Nine"

4. Song Kang - "Forecasting Love and Weather"

5. Jeon MiDo - "Thirty, Nine"

6. Park MinYoung - "Forecasting Love and Weather"

7. WJSN's Bona (Kim JiYeon) - "Twenty-Five Twenty-One"

8. Ji HyunWoo - "Young Lady and Gentleman"

9. Kim NamGil - "Through the Darkness"

10. Rain (Jung JiHoon) - "Ghost Doctor"

*** The ongoing WikiProject Korea is a project on Wikipedia that keeps track of views and other data for pages that relate to Korea and Korean entertainment. Every month, they create a list of the most-viewed pages for that month, and it’s a good way to see what topics are trending at any point in time. In February, this article received 183.8k total views (averaging about 6.6k views per day). Here is what the page opens with:  :issohappy:

Ghost Doctor is a 2022 South Korean television series directed by Boo Seong-cheol and starring RainKim BumUee, and Son Na Eun. The series revolves around two doctors from extreme backgrounds and skills merging into one person.  :sipsboba:

**************************************************************************************************** 

These Are The TOP 25 Most Popular Korean Entertainment-Related Wiki Pages Currently

18. Ghost Doctor

(skipped unrelated.....) 

source : Koreaboo

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/korean-entertainment-related-wiki-pages-currently-top-popular/