[Official] Katayose Ryota & Tsuchiya Tao (RyoTao | 涼太鳳) - Anikoma couple (real-life couple)

Transition

@jerseyno13 Welcome!!!:lol:
I'm new here too, but wanted to welcome him anyway. It's as exciting as Ryota and Tao are conquering hearts !!!:D
Oh, and about you having watched the movie before the drama ... I also did that, but not at Anikoma. He was in Kurosaki-kun in inare nante ni naranai (Kento Nakajima, Nana Komatsu, Chiba Yudai); "I'm not going to do everything Kurosaki-kun says"
I recommend it, it's a good and funny story.:wink:

• Like 1

@Transition @isacristine Arigatou for your warm welcome. I’m really grateful to meet people with the same love for RyoTao and Anikoma. I’ve also started spreading the love within my workplace and I can’t wait to see how they’ll find Anikoma. Although I’m positive that they love it as much as I (we) did. 

I’m a nutritionist and I’m impressed how Tao and Ryota understand the importance of gut health in maintaining a good overall health. Not only these two are loveable but really knowledgeable individuals. :wink::) 

I’ll try to look in to your recommendation as I really want to learn Japanese by watching more movies and series. 

• Like 1

@jerseyno13 Ryota and Tao have a lot of knowledge indeed. I should learn a thing or two from them and also you. I only drink cold water although it "tastes better" I have also heard it is best with warm water. 

It is nice how you are trying to spread the Anikoma love :)

If you would like to watch more of Tao. I would recommend you "Limit" and "Omukae Death". They are dramas but Japanese dramas are quite short (usually 10 episodes) so it doesn't take much time to watch them. 

It seems like Hirose Suzu will be making a cameo appearance in Cheer Dance. The preview of the drama will be out tonight. I'm looking forward to it. Speaking of preview, the short trailer of Harumatsu Bokura should be out within the coming two weeks too. 

• Like 1

Oh thank you for the recommendations @Transition I definitely look into those when I have time. They’ll add up to my list of de-stressers. :) I really admire Tao for her purity as a person and talent as an artist. At her young age she is recognized by her peers and seniors in the industry. She is indeed a gem. Ryota is also a hard working artist and I also admire him for that. I’ve also been listening to GENE while back reading from this thread. And I’m loving their music. It’s another way for me to learn Japanese. :wink:

Thank you for the update on Tao upcoming drama. Super excited to see her showcase her dancing skills. 

• Like 1

@jerseyno13 You are welcome! Yes, I agree with you that Tao is admirable. She is not only a talented actress but also very humble and nice. Ryota isn't bad either. Both of them are very hardworking and mature for their age.

Here is the short preview of Cheer Dance. It is a pity that they didn't show us any dance in this one. Nevertheless, the first episode will air on the 13th of July. It will be 15 minutes longer than usual so it will be about 1 hour.

GENERATIONS from Exile Tribe will release their single next week and they will also perform F.L.Y. Boys F.L.Y. Girls on Music Station. I just saw the attending guests and Yamazaki Kento will be there. It seems like it is because he is the main actor in a drama that one of the artists will be singing the themesong for. I didn't expect Ryota and Kento to meet on a music show :tongue:.

I really don’t mind watching an hour long episode as long as Tao’s in it. So the series will air in July so I’ll just spend the waiting time by watching her past series and other movies then. I badly want to watch her movie “the 8-year engagement” but I can’t find it anywhere. Guess I have to wait a bit longer for it to be available online. 

I’ll also watch out for the release of GENE’s new single. Already saw the MV on YT and listened to the snippet on Spotify. I like the song’s vibe. And the MV is full of colors. Just noticed Ryota’s voice to be a bit higher-pitched in F.L.Y. Boys F.L.Y Girls but still okay for me. :) 

@jerseyno13 Yes, it is still a bit to go until the drama airs and then it will take some time for it to be subbed as well. Fortunately, I have some dramas to catch up with (Unnatural and Love Rerun) so the waiting won't be too unbearable :tongue:. The dvd and bluray of "the 8 year Engagement" will be released in July so the subbed version should be out at the end of July or August. 

I'm looking forward to Gene's new single too but not because of F.L.Y. Boys F.L.Y. Girls but because of the ballad "See You Tomorrow". I have noticed I like their slow songs (SYT, Sora, Hana) and R&B songs (All For You, Love You More, Never Let You Go, Always With You) more than the fast-paced songs (Big City Rodeo, Alright Alright etc.).

• Like 1

Whoa! I really have to wait that long (August) before I can watch “The 8-yr engagement!” Anyway, waiting is a way of loving (according to Tao :D). I would also love to read the manga of Anikoma but I also can’t find a decent copy online. Disappointing me so much. 

Anyway, like you, I also like the ballads and RnB songs of Gene. Sora, Love you more, Namida, Always with you, My only love, Never let you go. But my (most) favorite is Itsuka Harewataru Sora no Shita de. I’m trying to memorize it. I love every bit of that song and I can’t explain why. The first time I heard it, I immediately fell in love with it. :heart:

@jerseyno13 Regarding the manga of Anikoma, I think it is a pity that the English translator hasn't continued with the project while the Chinese translator has stopped at chapter 19. Do you know Chinese? Here's the link to the Chinese version if you would like to read it.

http://www.manhuaren.com/manhua-gegetaiaiwolezenmeban

Itsuka Harewataru Sora no Shita de is a nice song too. 

• Like 1

Thank you for the link @Transition although I don’t know Chinese but looking at the animation makes me understand a bit how the story is progressing. Yes, it’s a pity because all the sites I found with English translation stopped at Chap 3. That’s too short. :bawling:

By the way, I feel so happy still seeing Ryota liking Tao’s recent IG posts. Warms my heart to know that even though they’re both busy with their own careers, they still connect somehow thru social media. :blush:

• Like 1

@jerseyno13 You are welcome! Btw, if you are interested in how the bathroom scene is in the manga that part is actually under "fillers". It is the second chapter.

• 番外(2)

Yes, me too. I like seeing Ryota and Tao like each other posts. They have been doing that constantly for more than a year now ^_^. Speaking of liking posts, Ryota was just online and posted an IG story and also liked Tao's latest entry about Cheer Dance and Suzu. 

Generations is going to have two concerts in Fukuoka this weekend. Hope it will go well this time too. 

• Like 2

The tickets to the foreign movies that have been chosen to the Shanghai festival started to sell today and two of Tao's movies made it to top 10. Number 1 is "The 8 year Engagement" and on number 7 was "My Little Monster". That's good news!

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4249102503797564

Some people in Japan attended the pre-screening of Kasane and there were a lot of positive comments about Tao. They think it is her best performance to date.

• Like 1

@Transition thank you very much about Shanghai International film festival.

I'm glad to hear Tao got many good reviews and her movies had good results in Japan and other countries.

Hope Tao will have many fans after these movies.

I'm quite surprised about Tonari.

People bash Tao too much when she is main role.

But after watching the movie, most of them praised Tao. I didn't read or heard about any bad mments for her. So I believe Tao had a good role.

Hachihana is great, a big hit in Japan, more than 2,2 million moviegoers, earned 3 billion JPY (more than 3 billiion because the movie is still coming in Japan theaters now, audience want to re-watch it, so Hachihana didn't stop in cinemas), Tao is the youngest artist in nomination list for best actress at Japn Academy Awards 2018.

A lot of people cried after watching this movie.

So I'm not surprised if Hachihana is no.1 in Shanghai International films festival

• Like 1

Tao is really amazing and I’ve read really good reviews about the movie and her performance. No wonder Takeru Satoh only has great words for her as an artist. I hope we can also watch this movie online soon. I already piled up boxes of tissue for this. :blush: 

Hope that movie goers in the countries where the movie will be shown will also appreciate and moved by the story and the actors performances. 

@ryotatao9495  That's why I think people shouldn't judge before they have actually watched the movie because the actors/actresses might surprise us with their performances. 

@jerseyno13 I also hope the audience in Mainland will like "The 8 year Engagement" as much as the people in the other countries did.

I saw on IG that a Japanese fan has organized a gathering for fans of Anikoma and RyoTao's. It will be held on the 15th of July. That's nice :)

• Like 1

Wow! A gathering of Anikoma and RyoTao fans! That’s great news. I would love to go if only I’m in Japan. I hope they can share their activities with us or maybe if they have any latest news and/or updates about our tandem. 

By the way, are you aware that the full movie with Eng Sub that you uploaded on YT has been blocked already. I was able to watch it (for the nth time) last week but now it can’t be accessed. I learned it when I shared the link with my friends (remember, I mentioned that I was trying to share my love for Anikoma). They all complained that the link is not working and true enough it was already blocked. I’m sad because it has the best english sub among the uploaded full movies online. :bawling:

@jerseyno13  I haven't written Anikoma as the video title so hopefully it won't be as easy for them to find the BTS clips. 

Additional cast of Cheer Dance

Araki Yuko will be playing Tao's elder sister who was in the Cheer-leading team JETS during her highschool days. She will be the one who encourages Wakaba (Tao's character) to fulfill her dream. Tao's team is called Rockets though who will be going against JETS. 

A actor has also been revealed (through weibo) and it is Shimizu Hiroya. His character is still unknown.

@Transition Cheer Dance is becoming more and more interesting with those additional cast. 

I’m happy to learn this afternoon that Tao’s Tori Girl will be one of the movies shown in the Japanese Film Festival (Eigasai 2018) here in the Philippines. This will be held from July 4 to August 26 in selected cinemas in very few cities here. I’m glad that my former University will be one of venues to host this festival so I’ll be able to watch. :wub:

The link will show the movies included in the festival. One of which is movie of Alan Shirahama of Gene, Daytime Shooting Star. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TniXd-VhVfbDMPf-Kj8TtFui75A2L7Gr/view