[Drama 2017-2018] Man who sets the table, 밥상 차리는 남자

0ly40

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(I don't know if I have to write some spoilers so anyone not watching episode 3, beware !)

I just finished the latest episode and dayum, I love the drama so much ! Lee Roo Ri is seriously hilarious ! When her hands shook XD Sooyoung is doing such a great job ! And that kiss ... So beautiful :wub::wub: Tae Yang is such a gentleman.

I think the OTP really compliments each other. She is bringing so much entertainment and hilarity in his life whereas he is making her realize how great she is. And they look so good together too. Did anyone see Sooyoung's latest Instagram post with On Joo Wan ? They were eating together at her mom's cafe. So adorable. If she hasn't been dating Jung Kyung Ho for five years, I swear I will ship the two of them in real life too.

I gotta admit that I kind of understand the father because of the flashback scene. The idea that he has to be worthy of his wife and so gave up on music to give her a better life but he completely forgot why he has to be successful and ended up being a jer*k in all the fronts. I guess it is kind of relatable. Still, I won't excuse his behavior towards his family. For what he put his wife all those years, he deserves to be alone. I seriously hope that Roo Ri is going to live with her mother and leave the father all by himself. He thinks he is so much better than the two of them ? Serves him right. I can't wait until he finally realizes how wrong he was and start to redeem himself.

But that ending tho. Poor Roo Ri. She got her heart broken by her dad again. He should have let her talk to explain herself before uttering such strong words. No wonder she feels like a pushover all the time. If you are treated like an idiot all your life, you start believing you are one.

LEE ROO RI FIGHTING :D

And was it Go Jung Do's mother ? At that moment, it felt really makjang-ish especially the way she looked and talked to Tae Yang's mother. From what I get, she disappeared for 10 years so how dare she judge them ?

I need everyone to be in Korea ASAP. Guam is really beautiful but I really want to see Roo Ri and Tae Yang interacting with their own families. Phone conversations aren't enough. I want to see the chemistry. Am I asking too much too soon ? XD.

So what's your thought, guys ?

On 06/09/2017 at 10:40 AM, asiiatdu82 said:

I read some comments on dramanice and I am really surprised because they didnt like Sooyoung's performance saying it was awkward. I really dont get it because I think she is doing a great job. Not being biased but she nailed the comic and sad scenes. It is weird because she is actually being praised by Knetz whereas they are super harsh on her usually. So does anyone share the same feeling than them ?

I don't know why everyone is biased against her acting! I have seen this in Kfans but all international fans praise her and find her one of the better idol actors. 

I'm enjoying her natural charm in MWSTT...and yes, she is my favorite among GG...and I find her the most attractive as well!

I really thought they were going to be in double digits ratings and not decrease. Now, I am quite worried. I don't get it tho. The drama is so good and the response on Naver is great too. I hope it will go up with episode 4 because with the MBC strike going on and the filming stopping, I fear for the drama.

I remember at the press con, the PD mentionned that for weekend dramas, it is hard because if you do makjang, you usually get good ratings but lot of criticisms but if you do a warm-hearted drama, you get bad ratings but more praises so when he discussed with the writer, they still choose to do the second one especially because Kim Kap Soo refused to do makjang.

Perso, I think it depends on the network. KBS is really on the lead for years when it comes to weekend dramas and KDramas like Five Kids and Unexpected You did amazing in ratings even if they aren't makjang at all. I guess for MBC, it is different because Jang Bori Is Here is their last huge success and it was total makjang so I don't know anymore.

But I am still going to support the drama at 1000000%. I just hope they won't blame Sooyoung tho. She already get bashed for being a SM idol actress and because there are actually 3 members of SNSD acting in MBC drama. Gah, I don't want to read comments now ...

I just finished watching ep 3..

very surprised with the early kissed..but I liked it so much.

the chemistry both roo ri and tae yang are good .. 

tae yang is such a warm and gentleman ..who can win a woman heart easily.

scene about flashback roo ri's parent is kinda boring..but I hope they could recover their relationship together.

No preview on ep 5:bawling:

Hi

After watched ep 3. I really like the story line of this Drama. There are some actors that I have enjoyed in others Dramas for example. Rori’s   parents, the lead actor, Rori’s sister in law. I like the main lead actor’s family.  (Sorry I haven’t memorized their names yet)

Rori’s father is a beast. That man treat his wife and daughter as dogs. The brother seems to be the same, like father like son, he don’t help.

It’s very interesting see how different families can be and here we have a lovely one and a toxic one.

While watching I wanted to enter in my PC and punch that man. I couldn’t stand how he told his wife that she was not a woman anymore because she has menopause OMG what an awful man. But if we think carefully in our society there is ignorant people that think of this way and is nice that the writer bring out with this kind of issues.

There is some things that I think that the production must have taken care and it was the scene when the old couple were young and meet for the first time…Please they must have use young people (extras) to  do those scenes. It really look too random watching and old man wearing a wig. I didn’t like it.

The Young lead actress is lack of skills in acting, she needs to improve a lot for the sake of the Drama. Sorry but I have to say that she is the only that is not doing well at least for me  considering that she has experience in acting.

Waiting for ep 4 Subs.

17 hours ago, asiiatdu82 said:

I really thought they were going to be in double digits ratings and not decrease. Now, I am quite worried. I don't get it tho. The drama is so good and the response on Naver is great too. I hope it will go up with episode 4 because with the MBC strike going on and the filming stopping, I fear for the drama.

I remember at the press con, the PD mentionned that for weekend dramas, it is hard because if you do makjang, you usually get good ratings but lot of criticisms but if you do a warm-hearted drama, you get bad ratings but more praises so when he discussed with the writer, they still choose to do the second one especially because Kim Kap Soo refused to do makjang.

Perso, I think it depends on the network. KBS is really on the lead for years when it comes to weekend dramas and KDramas like Five Kids and Unexpected You did amazing in ratings even if they aren't makjang at all. I guess for MBC, it is different because Jang Bori Is Here is their last huge success and it was total makjang so I don't know anymore.

But I am still going to support the drama at 1000000%. I just hope they won't blame Sooyoung tho. She already get bashed for being a SM idol actress and because there are actually 3 members of SNSD acting in MBC drama. Gah, I don't want to read comments now ...

The ranting is too low.

I think for a Drama to succeed not only the cast but the direction and writing is very important. I post something about a scene that RoRi parents did. It was a flashback, When they were young and met for the first time. The production did not use young actors to do the scene. The father was wearing a wig and it looked ridiculous. The production has to take care about these kind of details because believe or not those details are important.

I think viewers have changed too. It’s not enough cast beautiful girls and handsome guys. I think the majority are looking for quality and good story in a drama.

The two last weekend dramas of KBS were amazing and reach over 30% and were very well done. I think MBC is underestimating weekend dramas.

The good news is that only 4 episodes are aired and the production have time to fix whatever they have to fix.

On 7/9/2017 at 8:36 PM, onnie1509 said:

Is graduation of marriage is a trend?

It looks like, because In FIS last KBS weekend drama this was one of the main topic in the relationship of one of the older couple, and i have to say that it was very interesting.

The 4th EP was really meaningful to me I got the peak of understanding this drama I feel bad for So Won have to live with mother-in-law with her nagging to him every day and also he should be more open to his wife more because the wife really love him and he regrets marrying her and Ruri mom why not telling her husband she is sick and maybe he would understand he have been wrong o he, I didn’t like when Ruri have to kneel and promise her dad she won’t meet Taeyang anymore   

hope they meet in seoul 

Sooyoung Responds To Question About If Jung Kyung Ho Gets Jealous About Her Drama Romance

On the September 10 broadcast of MBC’s “Section TV,” the cast of “Man Who Sets the Table” sat down for an interview, during which Girls’ Generation’s Sooyoung was asked about her boyfriend Jung Kyung Ho.

When interviewer Park Seul Gi asked about the chemistry between Sooyoung and On Joo Wan in the drama, fellow cast member Kim Kap Soo commented, “It’s no joke.”

Park Seul Gi then wondered out loud if Sooyoung’s real-life boyfriend Jung Kyung Ho gets jealous about, to which the idol had an amusingly logical response.

“That person has done a lot in his own right as well,” Sooyoung pointed out.

Jung-Kyung-Ho-Sooyoung.jpg

Source: https://www.soompi.com/2017/09/10/sooyoung-responds-question-jung-kyung-ho-gets-jealous-drama-romance/

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA SO TRUE!! I mean she only gets pecks for her on-screen kisses before and only recently she had 'real kisses' with Shim Heeseop (Someone You May Know) & On Joowan now in MWSTT (keke can't wait for more) And considering JKH really had so much HOT kisses with his co-stars before in Smile, You!, Heartless City, Falling in love with Innnocence, etc. LMAO! Nevertheless I really love them both! #GOALS <3

On 11/09/2017 at 9:18 AM, camichi said:

The ranting is too low.

I think for a Drama to succeed not only the cast but the direction and writing is very important. I post something about a scene that RoRi parents did. It was a flashback, When they were young and met for the first time. The production did not use young actors to do the scene. The father was wearing a wig and it looked ridiculous. The production has to take care about these kind of details because believe or not those details are important.

I think viewers have changed too. It’s not enough cast beautiful girls and handsome guys. I think the majority are looking for quality and good story in a drama.

The two last weekend dramas of KBS were amazing and reach over 30% and were very well done. I think MBC is underestimating weekend dramas.

The good news is that only 4 episodes are aired and the production have time to fix whatever they have to fix.

I appreciate how writer nim is trying to abandon the typical family drama formula, and give us something reflective such as the marriage graduation couple, the Lee Yil-hua pair, and the relationship between Roo-ri's brother and his wife. Though I am not sure how the plot can maintain an optimal pace for the latter of 50+ episodes.

There are some hilariously elements to this drama that I like, eg. that buddy of Roo-ri, the subway incident, etc. For me Soo-young's acting is a bit unnatural but passable.

From what I have observed there seems to be "TV viewing inertia" for Korean dramas. If the last drama had good ratings, the one who follows would likely "inherit" some of it; the reverse is also true. This family drama has a rough start against the high ratings of KBS.

Production-wise I actually don't see a big deviation in quality (I have watched both Laurel Tree Tailors and Father Is Strange). Interestingly MBC is putting resources on filming overseas even for family dramas. The one that I watched a bit like Blow, Breeze had the opening episodes filmed in Macau, Father I'll Take Care of You had that filmed in Taiwan, and this drama in Gaum.

However I feel the cast is much stronger for the KBS ones, especially when you have earlier generation Hallyu stars Cha In-pyo and Lee Dong-gun altogether in Laurel Tree Tailors. Father Is Strange has cast Lee Yu-ri, one of the most popular family drama actress, former idols like Lee Jun and Lee Hwa-young, not to mention Jeong So-min who has already been the lead in a few mini-dramas.

EP 5 PREVIEW! Can't wait for later ^^

Hmm.. I was really shocked at how the plot went 'makjang'-ish because of the chef's mother. I mean I like all the characters BUT her! I could even tolerate Roori's father because I know that there's a chance that his character's gonna get good (Even now, he's already trying to get his relationship with his wife steamy back together lol)  But the chef's mother is on another whole new level!! I mean what kind of mother saves herself and let's her child & his wife die like that!! Wtf right? But yeah let's see what writer-nim has in mind..

Hahaha nice.. Roori eventually became Taeyang's assistant for the Menu making contest!! Haha, I guess Myungrang (Roori's friend) couldn't make it OR she planned it all along! XD I think this happened after Taeyang was pushed down the stairs hence the band in his arm and head. I would like to hear the 'Be my other hand' cheesy line please. HAHAHHAHA

Archived