[Drama 2017] Sea of the Woman/그 여자의 바다, Mon-Fri. Many thanks to all for support this thread!!

0ly40

12 hours ago, tulip06 said:

I don't like D.C., but I don't like SI's mother either. She only thought of her own ego and satisfaction in being the bigger person when letting her toxic husband and his mistress into the family home that SHE is paying for.  What about her kids? She hasn't thought even once what trauma they have from this rotten situation and all her measly martyrdom! 

She is a bad mother.

I have to agree with that.  It's one thing to be charitable, but another thing to be an enabler.  Between the 2 wives and the sister, DC has no worries about who will bail him out.  I hope Soo In can make a clean break;  she certainly has been inspired to dump these losers.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping that the "mystery woman" that just walked into the house is DC's new mother-in-law.  She looks like a no nonsense person who could knock DC into the middle of next week!  His worst nightmare!

On 3/2/2017 at 3:15 AM, tulip06 said:

I don't like D.C., but I don't like SI's mother either. She only thought of her own ego and satisfaction in being the bigger person when letting her toxic husband and his mistress into the family home that SHE is paying for.  What about her kids? She hasn't thought even once what trauma they have from this rotten situation and all her measly martyrdom! 

She is a bad mother.

@0ly40  Thanks for the videos, 

@tulip06, I'm in agreement with you after watching ep 5 SI mother seemed to have took her anger issues out on SI for what she couldn't do to her husband.. She knows he sees them as and eye sore of his life now why submit your kids to this awful treatment of that man.. SI mom would be better off getting a divorce because it's nothing there between DC and her..  DC hates the wife and rwo daughter.. I have nothing against the LIL bot but his mom shouldn't have moved there period knowing how the father thinks less of his wife and kids.. It's seems all she has to do is cry and everybody fall for her tears.. Well get ready guy's it's going to be a long slow bumpy ride.. 

23 hours ago, msmy said:

I have to agree with that.  It's one thing to be charitable, but another thing to be an enabler.  Between the 2 wives and the sister, DC has no worries about who will bail him out.  I hope Soo In can make a clean break;  she certainly has been inspired to dump these losers.

@msmy  To bad the sea that she watches won't lead her to any where.. I'm wondering as a child what her thoughts are watching the sea..

4 hours ago, msmy said:

I'm hoping that the "mystery woman" that just walked into the house is DC's new mother-in-law.  She looks like a no nonsense person who could knock DC into the middle of next week!  His worst nightmare!

Ooh no please don't let that be his so called MIL.. I thought she could be DC mom.. If she's DC mistress mother and he has lost they house things are going to be very ruff for the mom and girls because she's going to take that house over.. 

On 3/3/2017 at 6:27 PM, sava2sava said:

Ooh no please don't let that be his so called MIL.. I thought she could be DC mom.. If she's DC mistress mother and he has lost they house things are going to be very ruff for the mom and girls because she's going to take that house over..

Nope @msmy @sava2sava... The mystery lady is Soon-OK's mother. I suspected because of the look she gave the mistress. Episode 6 was good and satitsfying because Young -Sun finally was getting accepted by SI and the wife. I think Youn Sun's struggle should not be fixed too soon. I feel she needs to suffer a bit more because after all she broke up a family. Well it looks like from the subs, DC screws up majorly and he has no shame. 

I am starting to think all the bad luck going to DC is due to beeing a horrible person in the past and that would explain why he is stilll an a**.  He doesn't care who he hurts as long as he is satisfied. Some of the people who pretends to be his friend are his tru firends. I think they all hate him.  

Jung Jae Man seems to have a major issue with SI's family and can't wait to find out why he hated SI's family. Either this isn't personal or it is personal.  At first I thought it was because of Soon OK bur it seems she doesn't really know him at all. The once over look he gave to Soon Ok's restaurant seemed very suspicious.   

How funny that  little sister is quite the chatterbox, and gave Grandma the scoop before she got to the house.  It looks like DC gambles away all the money his MIL gave him, so will he get the boot?  I like how the little girls are learning some compassion, even though their father is such  a lout.  I'm not sure why Soon Ok can be so accepting, but different strokes for different folks I guess.  I'm looking forward to seeing  how the adult Soo In develops into a successful woman.  @unniSarah... you're right, what's with Se Young's father?  He was eyeing the building like he wants that next.  Soon Ok's mother looks pretty upscale, so maybe there is a family feud somewhere in the past.

5 hours ago, msmy said:

How funny that  little sister is quite the chatterbox, and gave Grandma the scoop before she got to the house.  It looks like DC gambles away all the money his MIL gave him, so will he get the boot?  I like how the little girls are learning some compassion, even though their father is such  a lout.  I'm not sure why Soon Ok can be so accepting, but different strokes for different folks I guess.  I'm looking forward to seeing  how the adult Soo In develops into a successful woman.  @unniSarah... you're right, what's with Se Young's father?  He was eyeing the building like he wants that next.  Soon Ok's mother looks pretty upscale, so maybe there is a family feud somewhere in the past.

@msmy... Exactly chingu , at first I thought Soon Ok and Jung Jae Man but after his visit in episode 6 i wonder why they act like strangers. It really made me confused. Jun Jae Man seems to be up to something. The guy who scammed DC was paid in episode 6. I was so shocked to see him when he should have left town after scamming all those people. Unless it was all a front wheo got scammed. The fabric store owner is now going to push DC to spend all the money his family need to survive for his need to ake a quick buck. I hate this man. 

DC gets it from both wives, and promises to be serious now.  Preview shows someone getting beat up (scammer?) probably by DC , then his little son being approached by the loan sharks, so I think they are going to kidnap him.

Time jump already... One year later, DC has a job at the tanners, family is getting along.  Mr. Kwon, the scammer, ran through all the money he got scamming people, and comes back to beg for money from Mr. Jung.  He threatens Mr. Jung with " I'll tell everyone what you're really like" if he doesn't get some money.  That is enough for Mr. Jung to call in the thugs and beat him unconscious.  DC, who had heard Kwon was in town and was looking for him, finds Kwon in bad shape and calls for help.  Previously Mr. Jung was at the scene where he dropped his watch.  DC had picked it up and took it home where little son found it and was playing with it.  Jung peeked in at the family residence, knows little son has it, and sent his men to get it.  They entice the boy with candy at the market the next day for the watch.   The boy was missing somewhere in the market while sis and her friend were looking at hair pieces, but the preview shows little boy at the beach again and he falls into the water.

Se Young becomes quite the fair weather friend and is bitter when she loses the Snow White role to Soo In, who does a good job and is praised by her parents and classmates.  Little boy convinces SI to take him to the beach where she leaves him for a few minutes to run home to get a kite to fly.  Se Young sees him at the beach and lures him away claiming they were going to find SI, but he bolts and runs to a cliff area, slips into the ocean, is floundering while SY hides behind a rock.  SI arrives to see him floundering, runs to get help, but little boy drowns.  The preview shows Soo In as an adult, so I'm not sure what transpires after the drowning... perhaps she got sent away?  It also looks like DC may get falsely accused of  beating up Mr. Kwon.

5 hours ago, msmy said:

Se Young becomes quite the fair weather friend and is bitter when she loses the Snow White role to Soo In, who does a good job and is praised by her parents and classmates.  Little boy convinces SI to take him to the beach where she leaves him for a few minutes to run home to get a kite to fly.  Se Young sees him at the beach and lures him away claiming they were going to find SI, but he bolts and runs to a cliff area, slips into the ocean, is floundering while SY hides behind a rock.  SI arrives to see him floundering, runs to get help, but little boy drowns.  The preview shows Soo In as an adult, so I'm not sure what transpires after the drowning... perhaps she got sent away?  It also looks like DC may get falsely accused of  beating up Mr. Kwon.

@msmy... I was going to skip today's episode for fear of seeing Soo In get abused by her father. I hate watching children get mistreated. SY is just like her father evil. She let the little boy drown and do you see her smile when he drowned. But I believe the little boy doesn't really drown and he will live and they will all think he died. The only way anyone can find out that SY was the cause of him falling he will have to live. 

In my opinion, SI is rather irresponsible and careless in taking care of her brother. She has nearly lost her brother before and this should served as a lesson to her. She shouldn't let her little brother out of her sight at any moment. Now she has to live with this guilt the rest of her life. I am just glad there is a huge time jump in tomorrow's episode and she is an adult. Hopefully her family does not ostracised her. 

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

@msmy... I was going to skip today's episode for fear of seeing Soo In get abused by her father. I hate watching children get mistreated. SY is just like her father evil. She let the little boy drown and do you see her smile when he drowned. But I believe the little boy doesn't really drown and he will live and they will all think he died. The only way anyone can find out that SY was the cause of him falling he will have to live. 

Thanks @UnniSarah & @msmy for keeping me updated.. I agree I can't stand to see children mistreated.. So now that they all adults I'll be sure to watch on Sunday..

8 minutes ago, rikimaiu said:

In my opinion, SI is rather irresponsible and careless in taking care of her brother. She has nearly lost her brother before and this should served as a lesson to her. She shouldn't let her little brother out of her sight at any moment. Now she has to live with this guilt the rest of her life. I am just glad there is a huge time jump in tomorrow's episode and she is an adult. Hopefully her family does not ostracised her. 

My other thought was that the boy was rather impulsive and undisciplined, like breaking the music box, wandering away from the girls at the market, and taking the watch out of his Dad's jacket and just walking off with it and playing with it.  He's quite a handful, and the adults should have been more cautious about his supervision, no matter who he was with.  I hope, too, that SI still has a good relationship with her family.  Her aunt is one of her best advocates.

1 hour ago, rikimaiu said:

Chingu I concur @rikimaiu... How could she leave him unattended at the beach. I will have to say that boy was spoiled rotten. Leaving him alone when something bad can happen to him.  Look at that something did happen. :(:( If I recall he told her no he wanted to stay at the beach but since she was older she should have said no. @msmy I agree he was really spoiled and if she said no he would have crying making it look like she was being mean to him. But she adored her little brother and that is why she pacified him. :dissapointed_relieved:

Archived