Yang Se Jong ✿ 양세종 ✿ 梁世宗

mademoisellesia

[Instagram] 2019.11.02 Sejong with little child actor who plays Bang Seok

73129331_1396246143875749_44164079773307

74160533_1396246170542413_68435894648333

On 11/2/2019 at 11:14 PM, r047 said:

Thank you for sharing, where can we get the full interview in English? I tried to read from Korean sites but autotranslation sucks lol. 

Allow me to say I like Sejong's hair this way lol. I mean if I had imagined it in my mind it would be a big Noooo, but the way it's styled gives him an innocent and fresh look. 

I'm so happy he's dominating hot topic searches on Naver on multiple time slots since yesterday. Hard work deserves to be praised! 

I don't think there will be an English version. Soompi did one but Sejong's part was not even mention. Through observation, Sejong isn't very popular compared to JH or WDH with Soompi's staff, or internationally with other media outlets like AllKpop etc.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mademoisellesia said:

[Instagram] 2019.11.02 Sejong with little child actor who plays Bang Seok

I don't think there will be an English version. Soompi did one but Sejong's part was not even mention. Through observation, Sejong isn't very popular compared to JH or WDH with Soompi's staff, or internationally by other media outlets like AllKpop etc.

Yeah I was annoyed that nothing was mentioned about him in that article! Just a while ago Sejong was the number 1 rising star I'm surprised with this lack of attention now. I thought WDH was as equal in popularity or even a bit less. Overall there is a lack in articles regarding the drama and the cast whether on Soompi or other platforms. I see dozens of them in Korean but none is being translated, I wish I could understand Korean but I can't help it lol. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, r047 said:

Yeah I was annoyed that nothing was mentioned about him in that article! Just a while ago Sejong was the number 1 rising star I'm surprised with this lack of attention now. I thought WDH was as equal in popularity or even a bit less. Overall there is a lack in articles regarding the drama and the cast whether on Soompi or other platforms. I see dozens of them in Korean but none is being translated, I wish I could understand Korean but I can't help it lol. 

Same. I can't figure out why he isn't appealing to most general public (minus the Koreans). The fan clubs were more active during the time of TOL to 30 but 17. But after he disappeared from the screen, he lost some dedicated international fans who used to actively update about him. I wonder if it's because he's too private and does not have a drama that really make it big internationally. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

Same. I can't figure out why he isn't appealing to most general public (minus the Koreans). The fan clubs were more active during the time of TOL to 30 but 17. But after he disappeared from the screen, he lost some dedicated international fans who used to actively update about him. I wonder if it's because he's too private and does not have a drama that really make it big internationally. 

Yeah I remember that time, even on Instagram hashtags were so active compared to now, from both sides Korean and international. I do wish for him to be seen more on dramas, movies perhaps, that I prefer rather than fan meetings, though they are important for actors to connect with their fans, I understand that, but 1 drama a year? And it's been more than a year since 30but17. I do understand he works hard on preparing his characters and a drama like my country needs definitely more preparation and time but I really wish we could see him more. Now though the drama seems popular on websites like Naver, the rating is still low, which I don't get, as I think this drama is one of the best if not the best of 2019, and should make it internationally, sooner or later. 

I agree and disagree on the 'minus Koreans' part. I'm following closely and I could see many positive comments on him, in the same time the negative ones or ones favoring others on him might be as equal which surprises me with this marvelous acting he's delivering. I wish I could see him receive many awards in the end of year, Daesang, that he really deserves, but I'm worried other things might affect that. He really needs to show up more as he's soon unfortunately leaving for army. One of the things I want to see is him starting to be active and posting on Instagram, that will definitely boost his fame. 

I mean I really respect his need for privacy and his own space and I love that fact about him, but otherwise it would be of help to him. 

Edited by r047

4 minutes ago, r047 said:

Yeah I remember that time, even on Instagram hashtags were so active compared to now, from both sides Korean and international. I do wish for him to be seen more on dramas, movies perhaps, that I prefer rather than fan meetings, though they are important for actors to connect with their fans, I understand that, but 1 drama a year? And it's been more than a year since 30but17. I do understand he works hard on preparing his characters and a drama like my country needs definitely more preparation and time but I really wish we could see him more. Now though the drama seems popular on websites like Naver, the rating is still low, which I don't get, as I think this drama is one of the best if not the best of 2019, and should make it internationally, sooner or later. 

I agree and disagree on the 'minus Koreans' part. I'm following closely and I could see many positive comments on him, in the same time the negative ones or ones favoring others on him might be as equal which surprises me with this marvelous acting he's delivering. I wish I could see him receive many awards in the end of year, Daesang, that he really deserves, but I'm worried other things might affect that. He really needs to show up more as he's soon unfortunately leaving for army. One of the things I want to see is him starting to be active and posting on Instagram, that will definitely boost his fame. 

He wanted some rest and spend some time with his mother after non-stop working in 2017. I don't think he intentionally only do 1 drama per year. After 30 but 17, he's already picked My Country (just wasn't annouced immediately). His schedule wouldn't allow him to do a drama in between, so he appeared on Coffee Friends while he prepared for My Country like going to action school and learn horse-riding. As I remember, I believe intially the news reported he was to appear in Coffee Friends as a guest, not as a regular staff but in the end he stayed on to help.

It's hard to comprehend what the Koreans like. Judging with the ratings, the Korean viewers appear to like the other dramas more. Great acting aside from all the actors, unfortunately Seon Ho is a more compelling character than Hwi and more flesh out and dimensional, so that puts him in a slight advantage to Hwi. Sejong has only won a new comer award from Baeksang so the more reasonable award would be Best Actor award. I do not wish for him to receive a Daesang award. Not yet. Not so soon. Receiving such a big award isn't necessary a good thing. It puts a lot of pressure on the actor and all of his future works because there will be that high expectation he must meet as a Daesang winner. Personally I don't wish for him to be overly famous because once this happens, it'll really be one drama per year and all other times are endless FMs and CFs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

He wanted some rest and spend some time with his mother after non-stop working in 2017. I don't think he intentionally only do 1 drama per year. After 30 but 17, he's already picked My Country (just wasn't annouced immediately). His schedule wouldn't allow him to do a drama in between, so he appeared on Coffee Friends while he prepared for My Country like going to action school and learn horse-riding. As I remember, I believe intially the news reported he was to appear in Coffee Friends as a guest, not as a regular staff but in the end he stayed on to help.

It's hard to comprehend what the Koreans like. Judging with the ratings, the Korean viewers appear to like the other dramas more. Great acting aside from all the actors, unfortunately Seon Ho is a more compelling character than Hwi and more flesh out and dimensional, so that puts him in a slight advantage to Hwi. Sejong has only won a new comer award from Baeksang so the more reasonable award would be Best Actor award. I do not wish for him to receive a Daesang award. Not yet. Not so soon. Receiving such a big award isn't necessary a good thing. It puts a lot of pressure on the actor and all of his future works because there will be that high expectation he must meet as a Daesang winner. Personally I don't wish for him to be overly famous because once this happens, it'll really be one drama per year and all other times are endless FMs and CFs.

I agree with you. As I mentioned, preparing for My Country isn't similar to other dramas, whether from the single actor side or the whole production cast and company, scenes were filmed like 7 months back. Him appearing on Coffee Friends was such a delight to watch, the genuine, true-self of him. Yeah I read that he was later hired as a part timer not from the beginning. 

You're correct about the pressure a big prize puts on an actor, but if he's not doing any other drama before joining the army (which is less likely), I hope he gets it before this mandatory break. Its pressuring effect will fade with time I believe. 

I really hope this hard work will not be lost in the end as he really deserves an award, I know the competition is tight, but he did all the genres in this drama, action scenes, romance, melodrama, and now a change in the character ahead, I hope the coming episodes will help him reveal a new side that will be on his advantage.

WDH indeed did a great job, let me be honest here, I wasn't that impressed by his acting in the beginning, but I began to like and appreciate his work more now, it's a personal preference in the end. I'm not comparing who's the best here. But as you said, Sunho's character seems more compelling, and I mentioned this somewhere else, I believe YSJ's character underwent more major transformations, each stage delivered by him in an excellent way, and I believe both were given the chance to shine and show what they've got in a different way. The character isn't the only way you can show your best I believe. TOL and 30 but 17 were easier relatively compared to Hwi, yet he did not fail to impress us. I really hope the coming episodes will give an advantage to Hwi in terms of his character transformation.

About Koreans, yeah they're difficult to predict! I thought this drama was going to hit the top in no time, I was surprised a bit. 

• Like 3

On 11/4/2019 at 12:43 AM, r047 said:

I agree with you. As I mentioned, preparing for My Country isn't similar to other dramas, whether from the single actor side or the whole production cast and company, scenes were filmed like 7 months back. Him appearing on Coffee Friends was such a delight to watch, the genuine, true-self of him. Yeah I read that he was later hired as a part timer not from the beginning. 

You're correct about the pressure a big prize puts on an actor, but if he's not doing any other drama before joining the army (which is less likely), I hope he gets it before this mandatory break. Its pressuring effect will fade with time I believe. 

I really hope this hard work will not be lost in the end as he really deserves an award, I know the competition is tight, but he did all the genres in this drama, action scenes, romance, melodrama, and now a change in the character ahead, I hope the coming episodes will help him reveal a new side that will be on his advantage.

WDH indeed did a great job, let me be honest here, I wasn't that impressed by his acting in the beginning, but I began to like and appreciate his work more now, it's a personal preference in the end. I'm not comparing who's the best here. But as you said, Sunho's character seems more compelling, and I mentioned this somewhere else, I believe YSJ's character underwent more major transformations, each stage delivered by him in an excellent way, and I believe both were given the chance to shine and show what they've got in a different way. The character isn't the only way you can show your best I believe. TOL and 30 but 17 were easier relatively compared to Hwi, yet he did not fail to impress us. I really hope the coming episodes will give an advantage to Hwi in terms of his character transformation.

About Koreans, yeah they're difficult to predict! I thought this drama was going to hit the top in no time, I was surprised a bit. 

My Country was supposed to be post-production, but something must have changed because they were still filming by the time the drama aired. But I appreciate the efforts the production team wants to put into if it means a better quality drama and since it is showing internationally on Netflix, they do need to do better.

I hope he does a movie next. He's a movie quality actor so I really wish he could get into Chungmuro soon. He turned down one before because of various reasons and he wanted to spend time with mom.

Yes, six episodes left I do hope we see a different Hwi. Less gloomy. Less bloody. Instead, a powerful and more authoritive Hwi. One that will no longer yield to threats and power, and is proactively strategising the next step with Bang Won. I don't mind a more evil Hwi. He can do evil too; he's done it in Duel. I really miss that.

WDH's charm has shone through since I first saw him in Master and Sweet Stranger and Me. He was fairly good in Mad Dog too. I haven't watch him in Save Me yet, but I know that's when he really received the attention. And then he ended picking a bad drama (Tempted) before My Country. But I was really happy to see both of them battling out their acting on-screen and neither one of them outshine one another.

Just to share a tidbit on Sejong:

I don't know if it was mentioned in any other platforms, but at the first press con, PD nim told the media Sejong has been giving him different versions of his scenes in My Country and let PD nim pick. And in the most recent BTS, we actually see that Sejong did two versions of the forehead kiss scene and tells the PD, "There, you choose". Then in the next scene at the lake, PD tells Seolhyun in front of Sejong that "this guy is giving me stress" - and Sejong broke out in laughter. :lol:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mademoisellesia said:

My Country was supposed to be post-production, but something must have changed because they were still filming by the time the drama aired. But I appreciate the efforts the production team wants to put into if it means a better quality drama and since it is showing internationally on Netflix, they do need to do better.

I hope he does a movie next. He's a movie quality actor so I really wish he could get into Chungmuro soon. He turned down one before because of various reasons and he wanted to spend time with mom.

Yes, six episodes left I do hope we see a different Hwi. Less gloomy. Less bloody. Instead, a powerful and more authoritive Hwi. One that will no longer yield to threats and power, and is proactively strategising the next step with Bang Won. I don't mind a more evil Hwi. He can do evil too; he's done it in Duel. I really miss that.

WDH's charm has shone through since I first saw him in Master and Sweet Stranger and Me. He was fairly good in Mad Dog too. I haven't watch him in Save Me yet, but I know that's when he really received the attention. And then he ended picking a bad drama (Tempted) before My Country. But I was really happy to see both of them battling out their acting on-screen and neither one of them outshine one another.

Just to share a tidbit on Sejong:

I don't know if it was mentioned in any other platforms, but at the first press con, PD nim told the media Sejong has been giving him different versions of his scenes in My Country and let him pick. And in the most recent BTS, we actually see that Sejong did two versions of the forehead kiss scene and tells the PD, "There, you choose". Then in the next scene at the lake, the PD tells Seolhyun in front of Sejong that "this guy is giving me stress" - and Sejong broke out in laughter. :lol:

Well, I prefer it if they're still filming, we get to get behind the screen photos every now and then, though in My Country we aren't getting much, but overall it makes me get connected better to the cast and I feel more involved than if it was pre-filmed. And yeah it means more withdrawal syndrome lol. 

I would reeaaallly love to see him in a movie, as you said he's a movie quality actor, he shines in a 1 minute CF I wonder what he can do in a movie! This thought is so exciting :w00t:

Though I would like to see more of him, sometimes I feel it's good to take his time in such decisions, not to rush himself into low quality work. 

For me, hmmm I loved the innocent Hwi, I think they casted the right person for the right role, but I'd also like to see the black, bad, not necessarily evil version of him. So excited for that! 

Looool! Thanks for sharing, unfortunately I don't understand Korean but I was sooo curious as to why he was laughing hard :lol: He's so unique! 

• Like 1