Yang Se Jong ✿ 양세종 ✿ 梁世宗

mademoisellesia

[News] 2018.12.13 Woo Do Hwan In Talks To Appear In Historical Drama Alongside Yang Se Jong

COJqckY.jpg

On December 13, industry sources reported that Woo Do Hwan had been cast in the upcoming drama “My Country” (literal translation).

Later the same day, his agency, KeyEast, clarified to Newsen that the actor was still in talks, stating, “He is positively reviewing the offer from ‘My Country.'”

“My Country” will be directed by Kim Jin Won, who has previously directed “Just Between Lovers,” and written by Chae Seung Dae, who has previously written “Master: God of Noodles.” Yang Se Jong has also received a casting offer from the drama, which according to his agency is still under discussion.

If Woo Do Hwan takes the role, he will be playing a character named Nam Sun Ho. The character is good-looking and skilled in the literary and martial arts, but his mother’s servant status prevents him from rising high in society. He is friends with a character named Seo Hwi (potentially played by Yang Se Jong) and dreams of passing the military examination, but his father’s corruption costs him his dream as well as his friendship with Seo Hwi.

This would also be Woo Do Hwan’s first historical drama.

“My Country” tells the story of three people trying to protect their love from the vortex of history. It is slated to air sometime during the summer of 2019.

Source (1) (2) via soompi

Rookie vs Rookie. Inteeeresting combo! But I almost envy Woo Do Hwan's role for Se Jong because Nam Sun Ho will turn from good to bad, something I would love to see Se Jong do again.

• Like 1

[News] 2018.12.18 Yang Se Jong Confirmed to Appear in JTBC's "My Country"

PursSlm.png&key=7408d53a21013f171e16f41d

Yang Se Jong has confirmed his new project!

Back in October, it was reported that Yang Se Jong would be starring in JTBC’s new historical drama “My Country” (literal translation). At the time, his agency had stated that he was only in talks for the role. Earlier this month, Woo Do Hwan was also said to be in talks for the same drama.

On December 18, JTBC’s “My Country” confirmed that Yang Se Jong had been cast in the role of Seo Hwi. Written by Chae Seung Dae and directed by Kim Jin Won, “My Country” tells the story of three people who try to protect their love from the vortex of history.

The drama takes place between the end of the Goryeo Dynasty and the beginning of the Joseon Dynasty and is said to be a historical action drama. Yang Se Jong’s character, Seo Hwi, is the son of a general under Yi Seong-gye, the first king of Joseon. As the son of a fierce general who conquers the northern regions in the name of his king, Seo Hwi is uncompromising when it comes to injustice. However, he also stays cheerful in the face of a world that has gone to hell.

This will be Yang Se Jong’s first leading role in a historical drama. It is expected to premiere sometime in the second half of 2019.

Source (1) via soompi

• Like 2