[Drama 2017] You Are Too Much 당신은 너무합니다

Fatma28

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GHS character sketch translation

Jung HaeDang character introduction:

Stage name: Yoo ZZina, impersonates the famous Yoo Gina. Perhaps due to the meaning of her birth name, no matter what tragedy befalls her, she can laugh heartily like the HaeDang flower that blooms in the summer by the ocean.

In her early 20's, her mother took out a loan to have HD's album released. But it led to finacial ruin and her mother passed away without seeing HD succeed. HD takes on a job at night-stage, as an impersonating singer to keep her family afloat on behalf of her unemployed father. Burning numerous midnight oil, she practices hard to become the real fake. 

However, no matter how sad the song, no audience is deeply moved by an impersonating singer. Rather, the audience's reaction is a mixture of shouting, laughter and cheers as if to a circus acrobat who did a fairly good imitation.

The dream to sing on stage with her own song only becomes distant. The more attention she gets as an impersonating singer, her own dream of making a hit with her own song dwindles as she gets boxed in by the caricature image. Her own self becomes an empty shell day by day. But she thinks of her mother who died while paying off her debt and her younger siblings who lost their mother at early age and her dream is nothing but a tossed piece of tissue paper. 

But, if there is one saving consolation in her life, it is her lover, driver and manager who has silently stood by her side, embracing it all, thick and thin.

On 22/2/2017 at 6:59 PM, shanzay01 said:

yeah sis i think so its cameo...

Wow poster are so intriguing :) both actress are giving different yet appealing vibes. Mine favorite one is first one where GHS passing by a poster of star jung hwa...dont know why i just like its vibes...

Thanks friends for updates

my fave too. even Koo only wearing a simple casual looks, her aura just hypnotized. excited to the max ^^

Annyeong everyone

Thanks for all the pics, chingu deul :wub:

I have to say I love to GHS in the pics, she looks absolutely beautiful with long hair. Don't know why previously she always went for short hair which don't compliment her looks. Again I'm thinking "marriage" suits her, she looks even more gorgeous after married :tongue:.

UJH...a gorgeous lady with a jjang body. She must have gone for dieting before comeback. Waiting for the drama to start.

Hi @vangsweetie637 Kraken! I'm happy you will join me in this thread once the drama starts.....

An inside look at the lifestyle of an aging diva in You’re Too Much

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/02/an-inside-look-at-the-lifestyle-of-an-aging-diva-in-youre-too-much/

by tineybeanie | February 23, 2017 | 29 Comments

yttm0.jpgyttm_0b.jpg

Weekend family drama You’re Too Much has released another teaser and more stills, which star singer-actress Uhm Jung-hwa (Witch’s Romance), who seems to age like fine wine. Whereas the first teaser featured Gu Hye-sun dreaming of becoming a famous singer just like her, this one shows that maybe her celebrity life isn’t all that it’s made out to be.

In the upcoming drama, Uhm Jung-hwa essentially plays a parodied version of herself, a ’90s pop diva who has stayed as a fixture in the entertainment industry until now. The teaser shows her being surprised as she realizes she’s no longer relevant when people don’t seem to recognize her anymore. When her hat gets plucked off in a busy supermarket, she wonders, “Why aren’t people looking at me?” Then as she sits outside glumly, she thinks, “Sometimes living feels like a joke.”

Then over dinner with Gu Hye-sun (and Jae Hee in a special appearance), she sighs, “I guess it’s over for me as a woman.” Lying in bed that night, she thinks that being alone is the scariest thing.

Gu Hye-sun’s character is described as a wannabe singer who wants to become Uhm Jung-hwa’s copycat. I think it would be interesting if they did turn Gu Hye-sun into the crazy makjang second female lead, hellbent on usurping the first lead’s position (like Lee Yuri in almost every family drama ever), but the synopsis seems to point toward Gu Hye-sun playing the more traditional hardworking Candy with dreams of becoming a star. As a hilarious detail, as a nod to Uhm’s top star being named Yoo Jina, Gu Hye-sun’s character took on the stage name Yoo Jwina to sing cabaret.

Jae Hee (Save the Family, The Firstborn) will play Gu Hye-sun’s manager and longtime boyfriend; after dating for ten years, they know each other inside and out, and he’s both her source of refuge and like a family member.

The still cuts featuring Jung Kyeo-woon (Oh My Venus) in mourning garb come from his character’s mother’s funeral. He looks both depressed and angry as the chaebol heir who loved his kind, caring mother dearly and flew straight home from his work overseas upon hearing the shocking news of her suicide. He nurses an inner hatred of his father, played by Jeon Gwang-ryul (Hwajeong, Jackpot), who made his mother lonely throughout her entire married life.

youretoomuch_3.jpg

Another set of pictures show Gu Hye-sun at a snow-covered burial site; she’s there visiting her mother who died trying to pay off the debts that Gu Hye-sun incurred to create her own album. Maybe she and Jung will share a bond through dead mothers?

But I’m most looking forward to the relationship between Uhm Jung-hwa and Gu Hye-sun, which I can see becoming an awesome girls-stick-together sisterly bond, like Uhm Jung-hwa had with Kim So-eun in The Man Who Can’t Get Married. The teaser shows bits of this potential relationship as Uhm Jung-hwa goes about her daily celebrity life, which is unexpectedly much lonelier than you would expect. They seem to be on friendly terms, so maybe their rivalry hasn’t started yet.

You’re Too Much will premiere on March 3 after currently airing weekend drama Blow Breeze ends its run.

Spoiler

yttm1.jpg

yttm2.jpg

youretoomuch_18.jpg

yttm9.jpg

yttm8.jpg

youretoomuch_17.jpg

youretoomuch_13.jpg

youretoomuch_14.jpg

youretoomuch_15.jpg

yttm5.jpgyttm6.jpg

yttm7.jpg