♣ Park Hyung Sik 박형식 ♣ [Current Drama 2024] "Doctor Slump"

mysignisflower

*** Actor Kim Woo-seok will make a special appearance in  "Our Blooming Youth"He will make a special appearance as Sim Yeong,known to be the Jeong-in of Min Jae-i. Sim Yeong is a character who considers Min Jae-i as a benefactor of life and follows him like a real brother from the moment he saved himself from being sold to a slave because he could not pay

back his dead parents' loan when he was young. He starred in the drama "Rookie Cops" with Kang Daniel.   :wut:

*** Actor Jung Woong-in will join tvN's new drama "Our Blooming Youth". He plays the role of Jo Won-bo in the drama. He is a greedy leader of a maternal force that has maintained power by sending women from the family to the Naemyungbu for generations. He starred as Baek Noa in the Apple TV series "Pachinko" last year with Lee Min Ho.   :sweet:

*** Park Hyung Sik said during an online press conference for the series, Wednesday, ""I haven't done a period series for a long time (since the 2016 series 'Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth'). When I read the script, I was captivated and was curious to know what would happen next. And with director Lee, I had high hopes on how the script would turn out. This is my first time dressing up as a crown prince. And as the filming went on, I could see the costume wearing off, like I was actually living this life."  He added that leading the 20-part series wasn't easy but he tried to stay focused on his multilayered character. "I tried to keep myself from feeling the pressure of the lead role by putting myself deeper into the character. I felt like if I let the pressure get to me, I won't be able to pull off the emotions and acting," he said. 

"Our Blooming Youth" airs Mondays and Tuesdays at 8:50 p.m, to start February 6.  Can't wait!   :Megalol:

source : Korea Times

• Like 1

Park Hyung-sik to Star in Period Drama as Cursed Prince

2023020400517_0.jpg

Singer-turned-actor Park Hyung-sik is starring in a new period TV series set to start next week.

"Our Blooming in Youth" is his first period drama since "Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth" in 2017.

"It's been years since I last appeared in a period drama, and the story just engaged my interest from the first few pages.

I couldn't wait to see what would happen next," Park said at a press event on Wednesday.

The series revolves around a crown prince who suffers from a mysterious curse and a genius girl who is falsely accused of murdering her own family.

Park, who plays the crown prince, said, "I wore hanbok (traditional Korean dress) in my previous period drama, but it was my first time dressing like a prince. As filming went on, I felt like I'd lived as a prince for a long time. It was certainly a novel experience."

The series is scheduled to begin airing on cable channel tvN on Feb. 6.

credit : Chosun Ilbo

• Blob 1

Love Like That: 7 K-Dramas With Enviable Love Stories

Love is indeed a splendid thing, especially when it comes to K-dramas. From slow burn romances to laugh out loud rom-coms, fantastical tales of love and longing to bittersweet slice of life love stories, there is something in it for everyone.

From an eternal being’s search for his human bride, to love beyond enemy lines, and the toe curling CEO and secretary romances, these love stories have made viewers believe and fall in love all over again. Here are seven K-drama picks to watch if you want to bring back that loving feeling, especially during this Valentine’s Day.

Strong Woman Do Bong Soon

Strong-Woman-Do-Bong-Soon.png

Do Bong Soon (Park Bo Young) is a girl who has the strength that can move mountains, literally. Though delicate and petite in appearance, Do Bong Soon is a toughie and is fondly addressed as “The Force.” She packs a punch, and she flexes and flicks men twice her size, even lifting heavyweight containers like feathers. However, the caveat is that she can only use her strength for a good cause. In comes two men: there’s Bong Soon’s boss, the charming and goofy Ahn Min Hyuk (Park Hyung Sik), who is the CEO of a gaming company, and her childhood bestie and crush, the detective Guk Doo (Ji Soo).

“Strong Woman Do Bong Soon” is a classic drama for rom-com lovers. It’s a complete package that blends fantasy, mystery, romance, and lots of laughter!

Start watching “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

K-Dramas That We Cannot Wait To See On Screen This February

Buckle up! We are about to dive into a world of new K-Dramas this February. Here are dramas we can't wait for!

Buckle up! We are about to dive into a world of new K-Dramas this February.

February promises to offer K-Dramas with a variety of genres and we just cannot wait for them. Rom-coms, mystery, action, historical genre and a lot more! What we do specifically see is the entry of Rom-coms and hopefully happy endings. Whilst we did have certain light dramas in 2022, many dramas that aired had tragic endings or tense atmospheres.

In 2023, we see a difference even though dramas with dark themes still exist (and we love them). Fans are also excited about the new variety that is to come and hope to have good laughter.

Kpopmap has collected a few K-Dramas that promise to release this February and fans cannot wait to see them on screens already!

1. "Our Blooming Youth"

our-blooming-youth.jpg

When: February 6

Starring: Park HyungSikJeon SoNeePyo YeJinYoon JongSeokHur WonSeoLee TaeSun

Summary: "Our Blooming Youth" tells the story of two people who are trying to run away from their cursed fate. Park HyungSik plays the role of a young prince, Lee Hwan, who discovers himself to be under a curse. Whilst Jeon SoNee plays the role of a smart widow, Min JaeI, whose family was accused of murder. When the two meet, they realize that only two of them can save each other.

Reasons To Watch: The historical drama, starring Park HyungSik, already has many eyes desperately waiting. The historical drama will be filled with suspense, drama and romance. We surely have our fingers crossed and are desperately waiting for it to air!

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/k-dramas-that-we-cannot-wait-to-see-on-screen-this-february/

• Like 1

“Our Blooming Youth” Stars Park Hyung Sik And Jeon So Nee Dish On Their 1st Impressions, Thoughts On Love, And More

“Our Blooming Youth” Stars Park Hyung Sik And Jeon So Nee Dish On Their 1st Impressions, Thoughts On Love, And More

Park Hyung Sik and Jeon So Nee of “Our Blooming Youth” have chatted about their first impressions, why they enjoy acting, the meaning of love, and more with Elle Korea!

tvN’s “Our Blooming Youth” tells the love story of Lee Hwan, a crown prince suffering from a mysterious curse, and Min Jae Yi, a genius woman falsely accused of murdering her family. Park Hyung Sik stars as Lee Hwan, the prince who must clear Min Jae Yi’s name, while Jeon So Nee plays Min Jae Yi, the gifted woman who will remove Lee Hwan’s curse.

Comparing their first meeting to their relationship now, Jeon So Nee remarked, “In a good way, Hyung Sik is the same. When we first met, he was friendly, polite, and looked like he would definitely do what he had to do. That’s exactly how he was. When you film for close to a year, there are days you’re exhausted and days that don’t go as planned, but he’s never shown himself losing composure. I guess I could say he’s constant.”

In response, Park Hyung Sik joked that Jeon So Nee was a good friend and the actress replied that she was being honest. Park Hyung Sik then shared of his co-star, “So Nee looked blunt and aloof at first. I thought to myself, ‘Ah, this won’t be easy.'”

When Jeon So Nee asked if he was serious, the actor elaborated, “Because I didn’t know you then. But that didn’t go for long. Whenever we went back and forth with our lines, I kept discovering new sides. Ultimately, we quickly became close while sharing our thoughts and concerns with each other. Additionally, while it’s easy to meet people on set who are similar in age as you, it’s hard to meet someone who’s the same age. In addition to So Nee, this set has a lot of ’91-liners so it’s interesting and nice to see.”

Spoiler

Jeon-So-Nee-3.jpeg

Park-Hyung-Sik-3.jpegPark-Hyung-Sik-Jeon-So-Nee-2.jpeg

In “Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth,” Park Hyung Sik portrayed King Sammaekjong, which is similar to his role as Crown Prince in “Our Blooming Youth.” Despite the potential similarities between the two characters, Park Hyung Sik touched on the differences, saying, “‘Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth’ is set in Silla, while ‘Our Blooming Youth’ is a Joseon Dynasty story, so the costumes are completely different. If you look at the characters’ positions, they seem similar at first glance, but they’re very different. If Sammaekjong is the process of growing with friends in a group called Hwarang, Lee Hwan is a bit more mature. I tried to unfold Lee Hwan by focusing on the things he had to protect and achieve as Crown Prince.”

An important part of Jeon So Nee’s role as Min Jae Yi is her dressing up as a man while running away from authorities. As this concept is adopted often in historical dramas, the actress was asked how her take on it differs from others. She responded, “To tell you honestly, I felt no pressure that this setup of a woman dressing as a man had to be different from other dramas. No matter the role, if you categorize it, you end up with no choice but to tie it up in one place. They can be restricted to their job, personality, or family situation. Fundamentally, when I take on a role, I have this greed that I have to do differently than if someone else were to do the role. So I’ve tried to differentiate myself as Min Jae Yi, not as a woman dressing as a man.”

Spoiler

Jeon-So-Nee-1-1.jpegPark-Hyung-Sik-1-1.jpeg

On why they enjoy acting, Park Hyung Sik shared, “Acting is…fun. Meeting new characters and expressing new emotions. The opposing actor also always comes with a different energy and personality. There’s a different kind of novelty that comes from that conflict. Given that, I grow curious of what’s to come this time. Of course good results aren’t always created, but it’s the process itself that I like.”

After sharing earlier that her love of acting is what’s most important, Jeon So Nee elaborated, “I have a childlike love for acting. My seniors and colleagues say this to me. ‘You’re so fascinating. I can’t believe you still like acting that much.’ Because I kept hearing that, I wondered, ‘Is eventually growing to dislike it the decided order?'”

The actress added, “I felt really comforted after meeting Jang Hye Jin. I gained hope from watching her sincerely enjoy acting. I hope that I still find acting exciting 10 to 20 years later. And I wish to dwell on acting. I want to continue being swayed by acting. Since I feel this way, it’s nice to meet other actors who have similar energy. I guess I could say I feel a hope that anything can happen. The hope that since that person also likes acting, if I approach them and show affection, we’ll be able to do something together.”

Spoiler

Park-Hyung-Sik-2.jpegJeon-So-Nee-2-1.jpeg

When the interviewer asked about their “life themes” for 2023, Park Hyung Sik recalled a recent trip he went on. “It was my first time going on vacation solely for myself,” he said. “If I went somewhere, it was for a schedule and I’d stay a bit longer after finishing the schedule. While on this trip, I wondered why I had been living all this time without doing this and I began thinking that I had been a bit indifferent to myself. I thought that I now want to use my rest time for myself.”

Jeon So Nee explained, “These days, I have a lot of interest in experiences. Regarding things that I’ve personally seen, heard, and experienced. I suddenly wondered whether we were living while relying too heavily on the experiences of others. From restaurants, travel destinations, and even movies, we look up reviews then make our decisions. I think the desire to not fail is what makes us look things up beforehand, but I think that ultimately makes us live the same. I realize that I’m also used to living this kind of life. These days, I want to personally experience things, both good and bad. I really want things to wholeheartedly be my own experiences.”

Park Hyung Sik elaborated on Jeon So Nee’s thoughts, saying, “I was originally that kind of person. As an example, there was a time I went to Thailand with my ZE:A members and one of the dishes that came out was tom yum soup. Because it was unfamiliar, no one was going to try, but after I tried one big spoonful like a food tester, they all began to eat it. I am always like that. I’m the type to try something out, no matter what. I don’t like having regrets. I want to try it out and then judge.”

Spoiler

Park-Hyung-Sik-Jeon-So-Nee-1.jpegPark-Hyung-Sik-Jeon-So-Nee-3.jpeg

After sharing their thoughts on life, the two actors shared their thoughts on love.

Park Hyung Sik commented, “It’s something you obviously have to do. Whether the object [of affection] is your pet, family, or lover, I think love is something that always has to be in your heart. With love, my family’s influence was really big. I grew up in a house where we said ‘I love you’ everyday. Even while on the phone with my older brother, we say ‘I love you~’ I don’t think I ever thought deeply about love. Because it’s a given. But as I grew older, I became aware of the stingy world and realized that love is not something that’s obviously by your side.”

Jeon So Nee continued, “You know how there’s the fear of potentially not receiving as much love as you’ve given? I was like that. I didn’t like feeling upset so I thought, ‘I will just give enough to feel okay if I do not get it back.’ But that instead made me calculative. Then, there came a time where I had a change of heart and thought, ‘Let’s just see how much love I can give.’ That’s how my calculations stopped and I learned what a happy thing it is to give. These days, I’m very happy. Because I’m giving that love to my family and friends.”

Spoiler

Park-Hyung-Sik-Jeon-So-Nee-4.jpeg

The interviewer’s last question was asking the actors what promise they’ve made to themselves for 2023. Both stars shared that they hadn’t made any promises, with Park Hyung Sik explaining, “Because I’m incredibly spontaneous. I also feel like a promise with myself would feel like shackles.” Jeon So Nee chimed in, “I’m not a spontaneous person and have to keep to my word, so I intentionally don’t make any kind of promise. So for me it’s ‘because I really hate not keeping my word.'” Park Hyung Sik added with a laugh, “For me it’s ‘because I won’t keep it anyway,’ I’ll just live diligently each day!”

Catch the actors’ full interview in the February issue of Elle Korea! Park Hyung Sik and Jeon So Nee’s new drama “Our Blooming Youth” premiered on February 6 and will air its next episode on February 7 at 8:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1565618wpp/our-blooming-youth-stars-park-hyung-sik-and-jeon-so-nee-dish-on-their-1st-impressions-thoughts-on-love-and-more

Here are the ratings for Episode 1! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Our Blooming Youth” Premieres To No. 1 Ratings

Our Blooming Youth” is off to a promising start!

According to Nielsen Korea, the premiere episode of tvN’s new drama “Our Blooming Youth” garnered an average nationwide viewership rating of 4.219 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1565632wpp/our-blooming-youth-premieres-to-no-1-ratings

Starring Park Hyung Sik and Jeon So Nee, “Our Blooming Youth” tells the story of a prince suffering from a mysterious curse and a genius woman who is accused of murdering her family members. Their romance develops through the process of the man saving the woman from her false accusation and the woman saving the man from his curse.

8 Historical K-Dramas Of 2023

Find out all the historical K-Dramas of 2023.

Are you a fan of historical dramas? Then, don't miss to check out the historical K-Dramas announced for 2023.

A few historical dramas were announced for 2023. We will keep updating throughout the year, so stay tuned. 

Web dramas are not included in this list and this is not a ranking.

This is not a ranking. Dramas starting in 2023 are included in this list. 

1. "Our Blooming Youth"

8 Historical K-Dramas Of 2023

When: February 6

Cast: Park HyungSik, Jeon SoNee, Pyo YeJin, Yoon JongSeok, Hur WonSeo, Lee TaeSun,

Summary: It tells the story of a mysterious genius woman whose family was accused of murder overnight and of a crown prince who is under a mysterious curse. When the two of them first met at the most desperate moments of their lives, they recognized each other as their only savior, and their relationship transformed into romance.

Why Watch?: For all fans of Park HyungSik, you'll surely be happy to meet him once again in a historical drama. Plus, The drama is full of suspense and plot twists so do not hesitate a second to watch it!

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/8-historical-kdramas-of-2023/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Here are the ratings for Episode 1! :).

“Our Blooming Youth” Premieres To No. 1 Ratings

Our Blooming Youth” is off to a promising start!

According to Nielsen Korea, the premiere episode of tvN’s new drama “Our Blooming Youth” garnered an average nationwide viewership rating of 4.219 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1565632wpp/our-blooming-youth-premieres-to-no-1-ratings

Starring Park Hyung Sik and Jeon So Nee, “Our Blooming Youth” tells the story of a prince suffering from a mysterious curse and a genius woman who is accused of murdering her family members. Their romance develops through the process of the man saving the woman from her false accusation and the woman saving the man from his curse.

@backstreetboysfan  thanks for sharing this. This is higher than 3.735% (Ep.1) recorded in the first episode of the

previous drama "Missing: The Other Side - Season 2":wut:

• Like 1