♣ Park Hyung Sik 박형식 ♣ [Current Drama 2024] "Doctor Slump"

mysignisflower

*** Last weekend was a week for big jump, with "Doctor Slump"  hitting 8.2% rating-wise.   It's good to see this. I am hopeful Doctor Slump can make it to 10 by the end of the run. Please break double digits before the end. DOCTOR SLUMP is a good show and it is no surprise to see the ratings climb.        :ohboy2:

Drama viewership ratings for the week of February 19-25, 2024

LINK here : dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/02/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-february-19-25-2024/

Saturday, February 24      
Doctor Slump 9 JTBC 5.8%
Live Your Own Life 44 KBS 18.8%
The Goryeo-Khitan War 27 KBS 11.0%
Flex x Cop 8 SBS 11.0%
My Happy Ending 15 TV Chosun 2.4%
Captivating the King 13 tvN 4.9%

Sunday, February 25      
Doctor Slump 10 JTBC 8.2%
Live Your Own Life 45 KBS 21.0%
The Goryeo-Khitan War 28 KBS 12.7%
My Happy Ending 16 TV Chosun 2.9%
Captivating the King 14 tvN 6.7%

10 Most Popular Netflix Programs Currently In Korea (Based On February 27, 2024 Data)

Netflix-Top-10-Feb-27-01.png

1. "A Killer Paradox"

2. "Doctor Slump"

3. "Risqué Business: The Netherlands and Germany"

4. "Avatar: The Last Airbender"

5. "Captivating The King"

6. "Jun HyunMoo's Plan"

7. "Eye Love You"

8. "Korea-Khitan War"

9. "Jjajangmyeon Rhapsody"

10. "Ghost Doctor"

*** I'm enjoying watching this drama.   :heart1:

6 Scenes From "Doctor Slump" That Made Us Feel Vulnerable And Soft

Here are a few moments from healing K-Drama "Doctor Slump" that made us feel vulnerable and soft.

Doctor-Slump-Vulnerable-768x434-1.jpg

"Doctor Slump" has slowly mesmerized the K-Drama community with its gripping storyline and relatable characters.

Featuring Park ShinHye and Park HyungSik as its main leads, the series is a mixture of comedic gold, heart-fluttering romance, and much needed healing.

"Doctor Slump" revolves around Yeo JeongWoo (Park HyungSik) and Nam HaNeul (Park ShinHye). Both were top students at school and were each other's academic rivals. They reunite during one of the lowest points of their lives.

Although they continue to bicker, they become each other's pillar of support and romance blossoms between the two.

Even prior to reaching its midway point, the drama was already filled with countless moments that tugged on your heartstrings. It provided a number of different quotes and scenarios that hit all the right spots. It's a drama that makes you contemplate life and reassess whether or not you're truly happy. The series takes you on a rollercoaster of emotions that soften your heart from beginning to end.

Now, let's take a look at a few scenes from "Doctor Slump" that made us feel vulnerable and soft.

Note: this article contains spoilers.

1. First Crying Session Together

When Yeo JeongWoo and Nam HaNeul first meet, they still maintain their rival-like relationship. They childishly bicker with one another, but after a sequence of disheartening events, they find themselves drinking together. As they're drunkenly making their way home, they allow their weakness to show and end up crying in each other's arms.

Although the start is silly and a bit comedic, you come to understand their realization that they've reached their lowest point. This awareness is both a moment of relatable pain and healing for viewers across the globe.

2. HaNeul Lives Out Her High School Dreams

While Nam HaNeul was academically gifted, she had to make huge sacrifices. She spent all of her high school career studying to ensure that she would be able to make it into a top university. However, upon reuniting with JeongWoo, she was able to experience the joys of a typical high school student for the first time.

There comes a moment where time slows down and suddenly, both Kim HaNeul and Yeo JeongWoo are seen wearing their high school uniforms. It's a scene that strikes at audiences' hearts everywhere. Even when they're struggling the most, our two main characters are able to smile and have fun, tapping into the joy of their high school innocence.

3. Yeo JeongWoo Lets Kim HaNeul Sleep

Reaching rock bottom, both Yeo JeongWoo and Kim HaNeul are understandably tired and barely have the strength to continue moving forward. However, they try their best to become pillars of support and aid each other to remain afloat. One way that JeongWoo does this is to allow HaNeul to sleep.

Not just once, but on two occasions he notices her exhaustion and let's her rest. It produces both butterflies and comfort, putting audiences in a state of tenderhearted admiration in light of JeongWoo's caring actions. It makes you hope that when you're going through a tough time, you can find someone as supportive and kind-hearted as Yeo JeongWoo.

4. A Hug Of Reassurance

When words fail, actions speak. This has become a constant theme all throughout "Doctor Slump" and is not only portrayed by one person. After realizing just how much pain JeongWoo has kept hidden in his heart, HaNeul offers him a hug of reassurance.

She sincerely acknowledges his difficult situation but also reminds him that everything will be okay. Although simple, it's an act that everyone wants at least once in their life. It reaffirms the fact that a bit of reassurance with a hug goes a long way.

5. A Kidney Bean That Won't Grow

Many people would agree that seeing a crying child would make them feel soft and vulnerable in an instant. This is certainly the case the moment we meet the younger version of Yeo JeongWoo. As fate would have it, out of the entire class JeongWoo's kidney bean happened to be the only one that did not grow.

Although he appeared strong in front of his classmates, when walking alone he burst out into tears. Seeing a child in such a emotional state would make anyone feel soft and vulnerable, hoping to find some way to take their pain away.

6. One Way To Combat PTSD

Despite his name being cleared, Yeo JeongWoo still suffers from PTSD. His first day back in the operating room, he is unable to complete a procedure that he has probably done a hundred times before. After learning about this incident, Nam HaNeul does not hesitate to aid him in bettering his condition.

Much to his surprise, JeongWoo finds HaNeul assisting him in the operating room. Although taken aback, her very presence acts as a much needed calming pill, allowing him to be able to complete the procedure with apparent ease. Seeing how his demeanor completely changes would make anyone swoon in an instant, all while wearing a huge smile on their face.

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/6-scenes-from-doctor-slump-that-made-us-feel-vulnerable-and-soft/

• Like 1

*** The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for actors!

The rankings were determined through a data analysis of the media coverage, participation, interaction, and community indexes of 100 actors who appeared in dramas, movies, or OTT content released between January 27 and February 27.  :blush:

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

1. Ma Dong Seok
  2. Choi Min Sik
  3. Son Suk Ku
  4. Honey Lee
  5. Lee Yi Kyung
  6. Song Kang
  7. Song Ha Yoon
  8. Na In Woo
  9. Park Min Young
  10. Shin Hye Sun
  11. Go Yoon Jung
  12. Park Hyung Sik
  13. Shin Se Kyung
  14. Kim Hye Joon
  15. Ji Chang Wook
  16. Gong Yoo
  17. Ahn Bo Hyun
  18. Jo Jung Suk
  19. Choi Woo Shik
  20. Chae Jong Hyeop
  21. Kim Yoo Jung
  22. Na Moon Hee
  23. Esom
  24. Kim Go Eun
  25. Im Siwan
  26. Park Shin Hye
  27. Jung Woo Sung
  28. Ahn Jae Hong
  29. Lee Jong Won
  30. Gong Myung

110803_236886_5936.jpg

110803_236887_5946.jpg

source : https://www.gpkorea.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=110803

Top 10 Hottest Korean Actors And Must-Watch K-Dramas Dominating Discussions In The 4th Week Of February 2024 (Good Data Corporation)

1. "Marry My Husband"

2. "A Killer Paradox"

3. "Korea-Khitan War"

4. "Captivating the King"

5. "Doctor Slump"

6. "FlexxCop"

7. "Queen Of Tears"

8. "Love Song For Illusion"

9. "Queen of Divorce"

10. "Live Your Own Life"

Here is the full ranking of the Hottest Korean Actors for the 4th week of February:

1. Song HaYoon - "Marry My Husband"

2. Park MinYoung - "Marry My Husband" 

3.  Na InWoo - "Marry My Husband"

4. Cho JungSeok - "Captivating the King"

5. Lee YiKyung - "Marry My Husband"

6. Shin SaeKyeong - "Captivating the King"

7. BoA - "Marry My Husband"

8. Park ShinHye - "Doctor Slump"

9. Park HyungSik - "Doctor Slump"

10. Ahn BoHyun - "FlexxCop"

*** "Doctor Slump" is consistent in making waves as it continues to be included in Netflix's global top 10 for the non-English category. It ranked sixth with two million cumulative viewing time and 16.5 million viewing hours from February 19-25, settling in the top 10 for five consecutive weeks. There are more interesting stories await as each episode passes. "Doctor Slump" is every Saturday and Sunday on JTBC and Netflix.   :kaching1:

doctor-slump-still.png?w=820

Park Hyung Sik And Park Shin Hye Try To Keep Their Relationship A Secret At Work In “Doctor Slump”

Park Hyung Sik And Park Shin Hye Try To Keep Their Relationship A Secret At Work In “Doctor Slump”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1645849wpp/park-hyung-sik-and-park-shin-hye-try-to-keep-their-relationship-a-secret-at-work-in-doctor-slump

Park Hyung Sik And Park Shin Hye Get Caught In Bed By Her Mom On “Doctor Slump”

Park Hyung Sik And Park Shin Hye Get Caught In Bed By Her Mom On “Doctor Slump”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1645877wpp/park-hyung-sik-and-park-shin-hye-get-caught-in-bed-by-her-mom-on-doctor-slump

*** Park Hyung Sik appeared as a guest on his fellow ZE:A member Hwang Kwang-hee’s YouTube show “Domestic Gift Factory,” which was posted on February 29th. Park Hyung-sik showed his chemistry with him. “Whenever I see him on the screen, I wonder if he is the one I used to stay with,” Hwang said when Park Hyung-sik appeared on the show. “There has never been such a guest. Finally, he is here.” Kwang-hee was praising Doctor Slump, “It’s in its popular season. He is receiving sweet responses.”   :heart3:

https://youtu.be/31voZl71Nnw

Here are the ratings for Episode 12! :).

“Captivating The King” Ends On Its Highest Ratings Yet + “Korea-Khitan War” Soars To All-Time High

“Captivating The King” Ends On Its Highest Ratings Yet + “Korea-Khitan War” Soars To All-Time High

Finally, JTBC’s “Doctor Slump” climbed back up to an average nationwide rating of 6.6 percent ahead of the final two weeks of its run.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1646097wpp/captivating-the-king-ends-on-its-highest-ratings-yet-korea-khitan-war-soars-to-all-time-high

*** JTBC’s “Doctor Slump”  maintained its position at No. 4 on the drama list, with leads Park Shin Hye and Park Hyung Sik ranking No. 8 and No. 9 respectively on the actor list. I'm glad that Park Hyung Sik is always included on the list.   :Ohboy3:

Buzzworthy Drama And Actor Rankings (Good Data Corporation)

The top 10 TV dramas that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. tvN “Marry My Husband”
  2. KBS2 “Korea-Khitan War” 
  3. tvN “Captivating the King”
  4. JTBC “Doctor Slump”
  5. SBS “Flex x Cop”
  6. tvN “Queen of Tears
  7. KBS2 “Love Song for Illusion
  8. JTBC “Queen of Divorce
  9. KBS2 “Live Your Own Life
  10. tvN “Wedding Impossible”

Meanwhile, the top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this week are as follows: 

1. Song Ha Yoon (“Marry My Husband”)
  2. Park Min Young (“Marry My Husband”)
  3. Na In Woo (“Marry My Husband”)
  4. Jo Jung Suk (“Captivating the King”)
  5. Lee Yi Kyung (“Marry My Husband”)
  6. Shin Se Kyung (“Captivating the King”)
  7. BoA (“Marry My Husband”)
  8. Park Shin Hye (“Doctor Slump”)
  9. Park Hyung Sik (“Doctor Slump”)
  10. Ahn Bo Hyun (“Flex x Cop”)

credit : soompi news

*** It will be interesting to see if it increases these numbers. What lead to Doctor Slump’s drop so close to reaching a 10 rating?   :heart2:

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Feb. 26-Mar. 3, 2024

LINK here : dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/03/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-feb-26-mar-3-2024/

Saturday, March 2      
Doctor Slump 11 JTBC 5.7%
Live Your Own Life 46 KBS 18.8%
The Goryeo-Khitan War 29 KBS 11.0%
Wonderful World 2 MBC 6.1%
Flex x Cop 10 SBS 9.7%
Captivating the King 15 tvN 5.6%

Sunday, March 3      
Doctor Slump 12 JTBC 6.6%
Live Your Own Life 47 KBS 22.1%
The Goryeo-Khitan War 30 KBS 12.9%
Captivating the King 16 tvN 7.8%

*** In the latest episode of Doctor Slump, the focus is on Jeong Woo and Ha Neul's relationship, which brings moments of joy.  However, the overall plot seems stagnant. The series' exploration of mental health themes, initially appears to be losing its substance.   :kaching3:

10 Most Popular Netflix Programs Currently In Korea (Based On March 5, 2024 Data)

netflix-program-ranking-most-popular-5-m

1. "A Killer Paradox" 

2. "Doctor Slump"

3. "Captivating the King" 

4. "Solo Leveling" 

5. "Avatar: The Last Airbender" 

6. "Korea-Khitan War"

7. "Ghost Doctor" 

8. "The Eminence in Shadow" 

9. "Risque Business: The Netherlands/Germany"

10. "Jun HyunMoo's Plan" 

*** JTBC’s Doctor Slump is surging in popularity. This Friday-Saturday drama ranked third globally in Netflix’s Non-English TV category from February 26th to March 3rd. It has climbed three spots from its previous week’s sixth place. Doctor Slump even topped the chart in Taiwan and made the top 10 in an impressive 34 other countries.   :cutekitty:

%EC%8A%A4%ED%81%AC%EB%A6%B0%EC%83%B7-202

source : https://news.tf.co.kr/read/entertain/2081124.htm

*** The production team of "Doctor Slump" unveiled never-before-seen stills. It showcases the couple finally getting together and enjoying a date. With only four episodes left, I'm anxious to see if the couple can overcome another challenges and get their lives back on track. Episode 13 of Doctor Slump will air tomorrow March 9th at 10:30 PM KST.   :heart4:

doctor-slump-1.png

doctor-slump.png

*** While watching "Doctor Slump", the drama has taken me on a worthwhile adventure, they had filming locations from different cities across Korea. I love the Namsan Baekbeom Square.  Although in "Doctor Slump" this location was visited at night, it looks absolutely stunning during the day too. Once there, you can enjoy the view of the city.   :cheers:

Seoul-Korea-Namsan-Baekbeom-Square.jpg