♣ Park Hyung Sik 박형식 ♣ [Current Drama 2024] "Doctor Slump"

mysignisflower

*** Time flies so fast that Doctor Slump completes its run at a 6.5%. :cutekitty:

Drama viewership ratings for the week of March 11-17, 2024

LINK here : dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/03/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-march-11-17-2024/

Saturday, March 16      
Doctor Slump 15 JTBC 5.0%
Live Your Own Life 50 KBS 19.7%
Wonderful World 6 MBC 7.3%
Flex x Cop 14 SBS 9.8%
Queen of Tears 3 tvN 9.6%

Sunday, March 17      
Doctor Slump 16 JTBC 6.5%
Live Your Own Life 51 KBS 22.0%
Queen of Tears 4 tvN 13.0%

3 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

@backstreetboysfan  this is NICE because we saw the Wooga Squad members reacting to the new music video of V. As expected from besties, the members couldn’t help but praise and make jokes about the song and their maknae as they watched together. Yet, their comments was hilarious and I LOL. The Wooga Squad revealed they were doing the music video reaction at V’s house without its owner. Ohhhh....how close the Wooga Squad is to the fact the members of the group were at V’s house to react to his video when he wasn’t even there. Shortly after the video was posted, V shared an Instagram story with a screenshot of the members with the caption, "That’s my place… And that shirt Wooshik-hyung is wearing? It’s from my closet. In fact, I think he took it home." -   :Megalol:

GI8z3WqWEAAYJy9.jpg

• Like 1

*** Speculation on why "Doctor Slump" wasn’t a bigger hit is because of the lack of chemistry between Park Shin Hye And Park Hyung Sik. This was what one 10Asia news writer writes.  Unfortunately, the drama did not live up to its hype. Doctor Slump started off strong in the ratings but could not exceed episode 10 highs of 8.2% before simmering out to a final rating of 6.5%. For me these ratings are respectable.   :hypehype:

The biggest issue is the lack of chemistry between the main characters. It has been a while since Park Shin Hye appeared on the small screen after getting married to Choi Tae Joon… The actors’ lack of chemistry was a fatal blow to the romantic comedy, which the genre demands. The result diminished the anticipation of their 11-year reunion.

— 10Asia

jtbc-doctor-slump-main-poster-park-shin-

Screenshot-2024-03-19-at-2.31.13%E2%80%A

source : https://tenasia.hankyung.com/article/2024031888544

*** In the final episode of "Doctor Slump, we were treated to what some have called the best kiss of the year. During one scene,  I was shocked when the two leads shared a passionate kiss in his room, which was located in the same building as her own home. And the chemistry was there! I screamed in excitement while watching. As they lay on the bed, they kissed again as the camera zoomed out.   :Twerkdatbutt:

*** I love "Doctor Slump" because it wraps up on happy note. The drama is reminding us that overcoming life's slumps makes us stronger. Doctor Slump concludes its journey with Episode 16, delivering a finale that is as heartwarming as it is satisfying. The beauty of the final episodes lies in their simplicity with no major plot twist.   :Ohboy3:

10 Most Popular Netflix Programs Currently In Korea (Based On March 19, 2024 Data)

netflix-program-ranking-most-popular-19-

1. "Queen of Tears"

2. "Chicken Nugget"

3. "Solo Leveling"

4. "Doctor Slump"

5. "A Killer Paradox"

6. "The Gentlemen" 

7. "Jun HyunMoo's Plan"

8. "The Apothecary Diaries"

9. "Eye Love You"

10. "I'm SOLO, Love Goes On" 

10 K-Drama Male Leads Who Are Total Green Flags

20240320095400_green-flag.jpg?s=900x600&

In the world of K-dramas, captivating storylines and dynamic characters often steal the spotlight. While many people are drawn to the swoon-worthy romances and heart-wrenching conflicts, it’s the male leads who serve as beacons of positivity. Here are a few K-drama male leads who are undoubtedly total green flags and set the bar high for love, life, and everything in between.

Ahn Min Hyuk – “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon

strong-woman-do-bong-soon_jpg.jpg

Park Hyung Sik as Ahn Min Hyuk in “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon” is a true green flag as a result of his respectful and supportive demeanor toward Bong Soon (Park Bo Young). His consistency and unwavering love for Bong Soon from beginning to end showed his stability and commitment to her despite the obstacles they faced. Even though Bong Soon wasn’t sure about her feelings for Min Hyun at times and found it difficult to deal with the challenges that came with her powers, Min Hyun was still there for her.

Start watching now:

Watch Now

credit : soompi news

• Love 1

*** “Doctor Slump” climbed to No. 4 on the drama list, while leads Park Hyung Sik and Park Shin Hye took No. 8 and No. 9 respectively on the actor list. The drama list only includes series airing on broadcast television, the newly integrated actor list also includes cast members from OTT shows—   :kisslevel:

Most Buzzworthy Drama And Actor Rankings For 2nd Week (Good Data Corporation)

The top 10 TV dramas that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. tvN “Queen of Tears”
  2. MBC “Wonderful World”
  3. tvN “Wedding Impossible”
  4. JTBC “Doctor Slump”
  5. SBS “Flex x Cop”
  6. KBS2 “Live Your Own Life
  7. ENA “The Midnight Studio”
  8. MBC “Third Marriage”
  9. SBS “The Escape of the Seven: Resurrection”
  10. KBS1 “Unpredictable Family”

1. Kim Ji Won (“Queen of Tears”)
  2. Kim Soo Hyun (“Queen of Tears”)
  3. Jang Da Ah (“Pyramid Game”)
  4. Cha Eun Woo (“Wonderful World”)
  5. Jeon Jong Seo (“Wedding Impossible”)
  6. Moon Sang Min (“Wedding Impossible”)
  7. Kim Nam Joo (“Wonderful World”)
  8. Park Hyung Sik (“Doctor Slump”)
  9. Park Shin Hye (“Doctor Slump”)
  10. Ahn Bo Hyun (“Flex x Cop”)

credit : soompi news

10 Of K-Drama’s Most Handsome Actors, Voted By Avid Viewers

Do you agree with the list?

Many fantastic K-Dramas are released month after month, with many actors and actresses earning some well-deserved popularity from the roles they played in them. K-drama fans had the opportunity to vote for who they believe are the most handsome Korean actors from K-dramas, past and present! With hundreds of thousands of votes cast, here are the top 10 choices by these fans.

8. Park Hyung Sik

Park Hyung Sik’s acting career began in 2010 at the age of 19, and some of his most well-known K-Dramas include The Heirs (2013), Strong Girl Bong-soon (2017), Suits (2018), Happiness (2021), and Doctor Slump (2024). He received 16,752 votes in the poll!

source : https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/10-k-drama-handsome-actors-voted-avid-viewers/

*** I find "Doctor Slump" good. The drama surely not only touch your heart but also make my heart flutters and grin from ear to ear. It's heartwarming. Doctor Slump is not only just a drama but an inspiration for everyone who is struggling and facing different slumps in their lives. i find the blend of Park Shin Hye and Park Hyung Sik’s romantic and comical chemistry perfect! I also love the OST. It's beautiful. Park Hyung Sik also participated in it as well with his song, Lean On Me.   :piggydance:

New drama news :) *Maybe*

ParkHyungSik reportedly to lead SBS new drama TreasureIsland, it tells the story about a man who hacked a political slush fund worth 2 trillion won to survive and then lost all his memories. Helmed by MoneyFlower's scriptwriter and MilitaryProsecutorDoberman's director, filming is expected to start from this June.

• Love 1

Park Hyung Sik to Venture into Political Thriller with New SBS Series

a11ad4c3-a73d-4015-9580-bd4804daee0c.jpg

2024032601001976600262621_20240326093902

Park Hyung Sik is poised to continue his success story with the upcoming drama Treasure Island (literal title).

A source revealed to Sports Chosun on the 26th that Park Hyung Sik will lead the new SBS drama Treasure Island. The narrative revolves around a man who hacks into a 2 trillion won political slush fund to survive and a political fixer who, unknowingly, kills the man and thereby loses the 2 trillion won forever. However, the hacker survives but returns with no memory, setting the stage for an unpredictable plot.

In Treasure Island, Park Hyung Sik portrays Seo Dong Joo, the head of the external cooperation team at Daehan Group’s chairman’s secretariat, endowed with photomemory. While known as a devoted “Daehan man” who lives and breathes for the company’s interests, Seo harbors hidden ambitions to take over Daehan entirely, making him a character of ambition with a concealed family history.

Park Hyung Sik, who has shown remarkable growth after his military service, diversified his acting portfolio by transitioning from romantic comedies to a broader range of genres, from the apocalyptic series Happiness to the historical series Our Blooming Youth. Moreover, his recent successful collaboration with Park Shin Hye in Doctor Slump, which garnered international acclaim, led to their invitation as “Friends” to an event in Dubai at the end of March.

With Treasure Island as his next project, there’s growing anticipation for Park Hyung Sik’s ability to continue the success streak previously set by SBS dramas like Taxi Driver and The Fiery Priest. Treasure Island, a collaboration between Money Flower writer Lee Myung Hee and The Rebel and Military Prosecutor Doberman director Jin Chang Gyu, is currently in the casting phase and aims to begin filming in June.

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0004125925

10 Most Popular Netflix Programs Currently In Korea (Based On March 26, 2024 Data)

netflix-program-ranking-most-popular-26-

1. "Queen of Tears"

2. "Physical: 100"

3. "3 Body Problem"

4. "Chicken Nugget"

5. "Solo Leveling"

6. "Beauty and Mr. Romantic" 

7. "A Killer Paradox"

8. "The Apothecary Diaries"

9. "Doctor Slump"

10. "Jun HyunMoo's Plan" 

*** I adore Park Hyung Sik that he has so many dramas, which I've watched all but, occasional HIT that I'm left wondering if it's his inability to pick good scripts or his chemistry with co-stars??? It's takes two to have chemistry with your co-stars but, he has great chemistry of most of his co-stars.  Or maybe he still has a soft spot for certain "flower boy" image. Since his upcoming drama "Treasure Island" has a new genre, I hope this is the kind of drama he needed. So, I hope he's going to take this. If he accepts, the drama will go into production later this year. I hope he gets to shine in this upcoming project in case he takes it. I'm sure this new thriller really works for him. I hope he can pick diverse roles, like this one.   :Ohboy3:

Korean Dramas You Must Watch If You Need Motivation In Life

You'll find relatable characters in these series!

As young adults, there will be a stage in our lives where we have to strive so hard to improve ourselves and establish an enjoyable career. There are times when we try to reflect on our life choices and ask ourselves what went wrong. Welcome to adultingwhere doses of self-doubts are supplied regularly.

As we try to keep our silent battles, portraying real-life situations in TV shows allows people to understand that what we are going through is valid. We usually get comfort once we discover that others are going through the same thing as ours. That kind of comfort can come in the form of a Korean series that's so relatable, that it's as if it was written based on our life struggles.

12. Doctor Slump (2024)

Who's in it: Park Hyung Sik, Park Shin Hye

Faced with different hurdles in their medical careers Yeo Jeong Woo (Park Hyung Sik) and Nam Ha Neul (Park Shin Hye) surprisingly find comfort in each other. Surprising in the sense that Jeong Woo and Ha Neul share an interesting past as rivals.

Jeong Woo struggles to clear his name in the clinical dermatology industry. Similarly, Ha Neul suffers from depression. She's finding it hard to break free from feeling burnout in his 24/7 job at the hospital.

Together, they learn the different ways to depend on each other and to find what happiness is all about in life.

source : https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/inspiring-k-dramas-a5002-20220629-lfrm

[FORBES KOREA PICK IDOL&CELEB] What are the ‘hexagon’ idols & celebrities?

Celeb Champ

spacer.png

The final winner, Park Hyung-sik, received 24,632 votes, or 46.47% of the total votes, winning the title of 'Hexagon Celeb'.

spacer.png

Spoiler

※ Park Hyung-sik

debuted in 2010 as a member of the 9-member boy group Empire’s Children. Park Hyung-sik is a representative idol who has successfully expanded her scope through entertainment, dramas, movies, and musicals since her debut. He served as the team's main vocalist and was loved as an attractive vocalist who used an appropriate mix of voice and mid-low voice. Thanks to his excellent singing skills, he entered musical theater, and gradually became interested in acting and expanded his career as an actor. When he was a novice actor, he went through auditions and took on minor roles, including small roles and child roles, before appearing in dramas and movies. As he gained experience, he gradually grew into a leading role. The dramas [Hwarang], [The Heirs], [What's wrong with my family], [Strong Woman Do Bong-soon], and [Doctor Slump] are representative works. Although he has now completely turned into an actor, he has not given up on his music activities as a singer, including singing the OST of the drama he appeared in.

Link: https://jmagazine.joins.com/forbes/view/339446?fbclid=PAAaYFrBggnioiqidPKorkBQxJwqTlzvV484E87C2AS78BaHXSJ0CGis-np5o

Source: Forbes Korea

Edited by LuxGirl

*** The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for drama actors!

The rankings were determined through a data analysis of the media coverage, participation, interaction, and community indexes of 50 actors who appeared in dramas that aired between March 10 and April 10.   :Ohboy3:

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

1. Kim Soo Hyun
  2. Cha Eun Woo
  3. Moon Sang Min
  4. Kim Ji Won
  5. Kim Nam Joo
  6. Lee Bo Young
  7. Kim Kang Woo
  8. Ji Hyun Woo
  9. Im Soo Hyang
  10. Park Hyung Sik
  11. Kwak Dong Yeon
  12. Kim Ha Neul