[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Go Seung Ji

23 minutes ago, zagigirl said:

Yeah...with schedule like this??? Don't be like king here and promise what you won't be able to deliver...you r lucky coz you know i'll forget what you promised :D

They just met ...and already sitting by the fire so relaxed ...smiling...so cute:wub:

well surely not in the neear future with ALL these dramas in my hands!! :lol: but I'll remind you of my promise!! and you know I will!! :wink: 

yeah that's so cute!! :wub: well we will have many cuteness for today so let's cherish it!! :wub: 

46May 11, 2017

Ruler–Master of the Mask: Episode 1

by javabeans

ruler1-00099a.jpg

We had dual premieres this Wednesday, with MBC launching its romantic historical melodrama Ruler–Master of the Mask against SBS’s brand-new Suspicious Partner and KBS’s mid-series Mystery Queen. It was Ruler that emerged the winner of the initial ratings clash, bumping Mystery Queen into second, with Suspicious Partner in third.

What was unusual about the premieres was that the broadcasters put into motion something they’ve been talking about for a while, which is mid-episode commercial breaks (which cable stations have already been doing for a while). You wouldn’t think it would be such a big deal to interrupt a show halfway through to play a minute or two of commercials, but MBC and SBS actually did the odd thing of making the commercial break particularly conspicuous, and divided their premiere episodes into “Part 1” and “Part 2” and even reported ratings separately for each half. So Ruler took first place with 9.7% ratings for Episode 1’s Part 1, and 11.6% for Part 2. KBS continued reporting a single number for Mystery Queen (8.7%), but SBS joined the party by reporting Suspicious Partner as two parts, with Episode 1’s Part 1 netting 6.3% and Part 2 drawing a 6.8%.

For the record, I think subdividing episodes into multiple parts is needlessly complicated and silly. But hey, I don’t call the shots. Moreover, I cite these numbers out of interest, but don’t really place too much stock on them as signifiers of a drama’s value, since I do hear good things about both rival shows and intend to catch them at some point.

FIRST EPISODE RECAP

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/05/ruler-master-of-the-mask-episode-1/

ok, this is the longest introduction I saw before the start of a recap!! :lol: 

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2017] The Emperor: Owner of the Mask [Ruler: Master of the Mask] 군주:가면의 주인 - Wednesdays and Thursdays @ 22:00 KST

i lost the first 20 min...i am glad our otp and L are together ...that scene with the baby was so sweet...everybody is looking for the CP...Seems teacher explains CP why the prince face must be unknown ?HWA GOON told KILLER GON she will help him find CP?CP MEETS HER FATHER...he asked her if she has a fiance ?

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2017] Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인 - Wednesdays and Thursdays @ 22:00 KST

otp beggs dad to help that man poor man is thanking ...a man is begging in front of TAEHOO...HIS MINIONS ARE READY TO CUT HIS HAND GAEUN DAD ARRIVED WITH THE SOLDIERS ...THEY TAKE THAT OLD MAN AND SAVE HIM ...THE MAN THAT ASKED FOR HELP WAS THE SON

I like L's acting so far. :) looks promising.

anyway, the squad drifted apart. haha a guard found the crown prince. I think the CP will help the man who undergo the trial. He reminds me of Shinichi Kudo from detective conan. lol

the crown prince is unaware that Sohee is stalking him. lol

THE YOUNG PALACE GUARD FOUND THE PRINCE AND ASKED HIM TO RETURN THE PALACE...OUR PRINCE IS NOT READY TO DO SO...THAT POOR MAN TRIAL ...WAS ABOUT TO BE SENTENCED WHEN OUR MASKED PRINCE AND HIS YOUNG BODYGUARD ARRIVED

OUR CP DEFENDS THAT MAN ASKING THE MAGISTRATE TO FREE HIM ...GAEUN LOOKING SO HAPPY AND SHE IS NOT THE ONLY ONE HWA GOON IS ALSO HAPPY ASKED GON TO WAIT...CP INVESTIGATES MORE ...TALKING WITH A GUARD

CP LEFT THE OFFICE ...POOR BODYGUARD ,HWA GOON SHOWED THE WRONG PRINCE TO KILLER GON ...CP LEFT A LETTER TO GAEUN DAD...GAEUN FATHER IS SO HAPPY...CP WALKING ON THE STREET...HWA GOON SAW HIM SHE SMILLES HAPPY BUT OUR PRINCE IGNORES HER ...HE ONLY HAS EYES FOR GAEUN...OTP MEET...SHE IS SO HAPPY ...ADMIRES CP ...L AND HIS FATHER (THE ONE FROM TRIAL) WALKING ...SOME MEN ARRIVED THEY KILL THAT POOR MAN

Archived