[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Go Seung Ji

2 hours ago, Era Ferawati said:

Hello everyone...

Just want to share

Tnx chingu...great gifs :wub:...he has such a nice smile :wub:

Hope first ep was good and subs gets out fast :)

EDIT: i like the start...greedy CP made a promise just to become king...he would be sorry for such a blind thing he just did

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am waiting impatiently for the subbed episodes. I can watch Raw. But then I will be too curious to know what everyone is saying lol.

I saw a sneak peek of the preview and omo, the episodes look so beautiful. Cant wait to watch and spazz later with you guys :D

6 hours ago, alekaonu said:

Yeah its Pilot Episode today and I'm parking here now to watch live. Hope my chingus are here too....

Cougar! *hugs* Kraken is here too. I have been waiting for this drama to air!

And now, waiting for subs to be released :wink:

So glad to see you and me watching a drama together again. Let the spazzing begin :tongue:

Politics....fight over power...blackmail...greed...children paying for their father sins...CP in hide to be safe....killing people who see his face...nothing really new ...but i like it here so far :)

Feel sorry for CP...and like how bright he is despite his way of life

That girl will change her mind...oh she will be interested to become crown princess :tongue:..she made stupid statement just like king years before :rolleyes:

Off to part 2 :D

EDIT:

Yeah that girl is DB's granddaughter....and she saw his face...once he refuses her will become a problem

How was he happy he managed to escape :D...he was just looking for that man to help him about his past but got more...as usual...rich center but just behind the corner poverty and misery...so sad :(

I love second guy :wub:...guys may start on wrong foot but both r yummy :wub:

Sooooo.....OTP met ...cute :wub:

Preview: r you betrothed to someone? ...he's quick!...me like :D

4 hours ago, fieza1871 said:

compare to the other drama, ruler forum seem to be quieter now than before the airing...

Coz guys r waiting for subs...will be easier to talk about it when you have full picture

It will become live later you'll see :D

After a few eps you won't be able to catch up :wink:

Off watching episode one just now yet from the glimces our Crown Prince will have one hard journey ahead of him and might loose some of that chearful innocence he still keep till now...

On another note,i confess i'm a bit annoyed with the new implementation,their lame excuse using a loophole to add commercials mainly seeing that the ones encoding the show use the part 1 part 2 for each episode and the subs will come as that,we'll get like double of the episodes as they are mainly named as ep 1 and ep 2(just the first ep) rather than still having them condensed into one h episode like till now,it will be really confusing for some also having to watch 30min and 30 min <_<

Now we'll have like 40 episodes in the offical

5 hours ago, kimsohyun1201 said:

The first episode rating of Ruler is shown in the spoiler.

Hide contents

MBC "Monarch - masters of the masks" and SBS 'suspicious partners' real-time ratings were released. According to the survey, 'monarch' won the real-time ratings.

According to ATAM, a real-time rating agency, the first and second rounds of the "Monarch" aired on the 10th recorded 10.53% and 13.37% respectively. The ratings for the top 1 minute were 12.77% and 14.71% respectively.

The first and second winners of the "Suspicious Partner" aired on the same time slot were 7.89% and 9.04%, respectively. The ratings for the top 1 minute were 9.16% and 10.63% respectively.

The first two dramas on the same day were mixed. However, the difference in the numbers is so small that the possibility of reverse is not likely to be small.

(translation made by @shirleylsf0716 on instagram

I can tell this drama's rating is going to increase>< looking forward to tomorrows episode

this is the real-time rating but it's a good start and hope the rating keep on increasing!! :D 

13 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

When someone is handsome he is handsome with or without a mask on.

true!! :D the mask can't hide the prettiness!! :wink::wub: 

5 hours ago, cynkdf said:

Here, thanks to Sumi, is the translation of the lyrics of the part of the OST that was played at the end of Ep 1:

군주 OST <잠시나마> " Even for A Moment" Eng lyrics go like this " Even if I only get to live one day in pain and have to walk in flames. I don't see my deeply burned scars as I only look at you. ":
Video Credit: MBC

thank you so much for sharing chingu!! and same @plappi!! :wub: love the OSTs :heart: but these two OSTs are reminding me of the storm and heartbreak ahead of us!! for now I'll take as smiles and hapiness as I can get from my Crown Prince and OTP before things gets harder for them!! 

3 hours ago, Era Ferawati said:

Hello everyone...

Just want to share

Hide contents

Hide contents

Sr.dc

hi chingu, thank you so much for sharing!! :wub: I smile widely seeing his sweet smile!! :wub: 

3 hours ago, cynkdf said:

Hi do you have a link to the press conference video? Because if there is more than one minute of HCY's OST, I'd love to listen to it. Many thanks.

this is the full press conference video chingu!! hope this help!! :) 

Spoiler

2 hours ago, zagigirl said:

Tnx chingu...great gifs :wub:...he has such a nice smile :wub:

Hope first ep was good and subs gets out fast :)

EDIT: i like the start...greedy CP made a promise just to become king...he would be sorry for such a blind thing he just did

I find the King a good person who want to protect his son and make him a real Ruler not a puppet like him but still I'm really mad at him for what he did in the past, I don't know if the earlier King was bad or good but making a deal with those people to get the throne was completely wrong!! it was obvious there was a price for it and it would be as high as the throne's value and now the people and the Crown Prince are the ones paying for his wrong decision!! 

1 hour ago, zagigirl said:

Politics....fight over power...blackmail...greed...children paying for their father sins...CP in hide to be safe....killing people who see his face...nothing really new ...but i like it here so far :)

Feel sorry for CP...and like how bright he is despite his way of life

That girl will change her mind...oh she will be interested to become crown princess :tongue:..she made stupid statement just like king years before :rolleyes:

Off to part 2 :D

EDIT:

Yeah that girl is DB's granddaughter....and she saw his face...once he refuses her will become a problem

How was he happy he managed to escape :D...he was just looking for that man to help him about his past but got more...as usual...rich center but just behind the corner poverty and misery...so sad :(

I love second guy :wub:...guys may start on wrong foot but both r yummy :wub:

Sooooo.....OTP met ...cute :wub:

Preview: r you betrothed to someone? ...he's quick!...me like :D

he still can be playful which I love!! :wub: 

hhhhhhhh one look at the Crown Prince and she changed her mind!! :lol: but who wouldn't!! :wink::wub: and no from what I read she's going to betray her grandfather for the Crown Prince but she's still scary nevertheless!! her harming herself in the same spot as she harmed him was creepy for me!! :blink: 

I was SO happy he escaped, if not he would have been caught by that group!! :relieved: and it's a good thing so he can really see how his father ruled (was a puppet King) all these years!! there is no great ruler coming from a King who knows nothing about his people!! 

I'm concerned about the boys further future actually with communer Lee Seon may eye the throne to himself and I'm scared that he may take the poisoned flower like the King did and so he'll need to keep having it for the rest of his life!! 

that was a cute and unique meeting!! :wub: love how she's the one catching him from falling!! :tongue::wub: 

hhhhhhhhhh he's adorable!! :wub: 

ok, I can be laughed at but really I cried when they tried to kill the baby Crown Prince despite knowing he'll grow to our handsome Crown Prince and I was paranoid of eveything related to poison near him even flowers and the thing that girl pecked him with but when I watched with sub I cried again for sure but I was relieved and thankful that that poisoning attempt made him ammune to all poison!! have to thank that evil man for that!! hhhhhhhhh

20 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

I find the King a good person who want to protect his son and make him a real Ruler not a puppet like him but still I'm really mad at him for what he did in the past, I don't know if the earlier King was bad or good but making a deal with those people to get the throne was completely wrong!! it was obvious there was a price for it and it would be as high as the throne's value and now the people and the Crown Prince are the ones paying for his wrong decision!! 

hhhhhhhh one look at the Crown Prince and she changed her mind!! :lol: but who wouldn't!! :wink::wub: and no from what I read she's going to betray her grandfather for the Crown Prince but she's still scary nevertheless!! her harming herself in the same spot as she harmed him was creepy for me!! :blink: 

ok, I can be laughed at but really I cried when they tried to kill the baby Crown Prince despite knowing he'll grow to our handsome Crown Prince and I was paranoid of eveything related to poison near him even flowers and the thing that girl pecked him with but when I watched with sub I cried again for sure but I was relieved and thankful that that poisoning attempt made him ammune to all poison!! have to thank that evil man for that!! hhhhhhhhh

He may have a deal with them but at least he should of know what is he promising :angry:...at that point nothing interested him but to get the throne :rolleyes:...how things r changing when you get what you want and with child right?

I can't blame her either :)...yeah she might betray her grandpa but after she discover CP has his heart elsewhere wonder what she'll do...and i'm scare of that

No wonder...these people does not have a heart :angry:...but as you say he's immune now :D...so they can't blackmail him with flower poison like his father  

BTW...will second male lead like female lead as well?...hope not...

Good start:thumbsup:

Ratings 170510:

RulerMasterOfTheMask : 9.7% | 11.6%

Spoiler

tumblr_opn9cc0ull1vje4suo2_250.giftumblr_opn9cc0ull1vje4suo3_250.gif

tumblr_opn9cc0ull1vje4suo4_250.gif

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Ruler: Master of the Mask" starts off with 11.6%

2017/05/10

Spoiler
  • photo847557.jpg

The drama "Ruler: Master of the Mask" came in first with 11.6%.

According to Nielsen Korea, the MBC drama "Ruler: Master of the Mask" rated 9.7% and 11.6% on the first and second episodes, respectively.

SBS drama "Suspicious Partner" rated 6.3% and 6.8% while "Mystery Queen" reached 8.7%.

Meanwhile, Yoo Seung-ho's comeback drama "Ruler: Master of the Mask" leaped over 10% off the bat.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20.../Hancinema

16 minutes ago, zagigirl said:

He may have a deal with them but at least he should of know what is he promising :angry:...at that point nothing interested him but to get the throne :rolleyes:...how things r changing when you get what you want and with child right?

I can't blame her either :)...yeah she might betray her grandpa but after she discover CP has his heart elsewhere wonder what she'll do...and i'm scare of that

No wonder...these people does not have a heart :angry:...but as you say he's immune now :D...so they can't blackmail him with flower poison like his father  

BTW...will second male lead like female lead as well?...hope not...

right!! he was too blind to realise the graveness of his deal!! *sigh* 

me too!! it's a good thing that she would take his side at 1st but it's scary knowing that she won't get what she want and that may turn her against him!! 

THANK GOD for that!! :relieved:

he will chingu but he's aware that she has no feelings for him, the problem is under his character's poster he says he'll become the real king for her which can be him aiming to take the throne to himself!! :blink: 

14 minutes ago, parmma said:

Good start:thumbsup:

Ratings 170510:

RulerMasterOfTheMask : 9.7% | 11.6%

Reveal hidden contents

thank you so much for sharng chingu!! :wub: that's a good start, hope the rating keep on increasing!! :D 

have to go now, see you all tomorrow hopefully!! :wub: 

I'm so happy guys ^^~ I'm done watching ep 1 and it was just so good as an episode to set up the story and characters. The response of Korean viewer is so positive, right now the article ab Ruler has more than 930 comments and top cmt reached +3570 vote up ○_○ AND IT WAS JUST THE FIRST EP!! I'm glad I'm Vietnamese so I can watch it with subs after a few hours xD The rating is 9.7% for the 1st ep and 11.6% for 2nd ep (AGB National), 10.5 and 12.1% (AGB Seoul) , and Korean fans are complaining so much about the ads in the middle of the show, but still the rating increased ○_○ Ruler team must be glad right now <3 

Archived