[Official] ♥ Lee Joon Gi x IU ♥ || JoonU [2016 SBS Best Couple & Hallyu Star Awards!!]

Admin

@jen459 @xxxx1982

i just want to put something on this issue...

Spoiler

agree with all that @jen459 about IU.. many international fan don't know about her or just casually heard her name but in Korea she actually really have a big brand name on her own.. the popularity and love that people have for her in term of how genuine and sincere also talented she is proven by no matter how many scandal happen to her she can get up and not by just pitying or crying her eyes out but solely by her talent.. this is why many people can't drag her down cause she really can take punch but will get up by her own in the end of the day.. 

about her money i think its already a few year that she in the top 3 richest idol in Korea alongside with Psy and GD even when she does't show it most of the time... this is why i think many men will hesitate to approach her cause she got the beauty and talent.. plus the money and fame... a very deathly mix for a young lady...

the situation with JKH totally show how powerful she is when you get link to the most famous people in SK.. after they admitted that they in relationship the press also mc in every show KH go to actually promote his song get link with IU.. you can see why his team band hate the relationship.. its like the high profile relationship but the reality is when KH don't have the power as much as IU to brush these thing off so he get caught... it took a hit on their relationship whether they wanted or not...

IU is really are a gorgeous young lady hands down!

i also want to add funny thing that i just realized....

when the rumor about JG and Jieun surfaced remember how Namoo is the only one that give statement that its not true???? maybe Jieun side saying nope its not our richard simmons to clarify cause JG already got someone in his life and its not related to Jieun at all???

its just funny to think back when we realize that he been with someone else all this time.... kekekeke

i still love them together as on screen couple... at least i can get that one!

• Like 21

2 hours ago, jen459 said:

I may seem like a wishy washy shipper saying goodbye then coming to post. It's just that my heart can't take it. Too old. Hahahaha.  I'll post in spoiler. 

Hide contents

@sublimelyheureuse mentioned that "I may never understand why this ship upsets many other celebrity followers". Sorry I dont know how to quote a hidden comment. Just my two pennies. Simple. It's because it's IU. People are jealous of her. She's always being shipped with whoever she's in contact with. So many videos of Boy band members seemingly adoring her. Veteran variety MC's adore her and are her uncles. I can go on and on. Without even trying to be sexy or over the top cute, people love her. She is wealthy and successful by doing what she loves. She doesn't need to compromise. I may be wrong but she may be wealthier than all of the 8 princes put together. She's always in the top 5 or 10 wealthiest in kpop. She's genuine, smart, kind, and beautiful inside and out. She's magic. 

Also, JG behavior towards her was over the top.  Crossed lines.  Wiping her nose, gently brushing her few strands of hair, touching her even while looking at his script, etc. etc. was going beyond fan service. In his interview before Taiwan fan meeting, the lady told him that you looked like a real couple at the SAF awards. What he did was nod and then said thank you. There's other ways of answering that question. He chose to make us believe there was something. 

We were not delusional nor missing signals. I don't know what his reasons were to do this. I would hate to think he's playing everyone to further his career. IU wouldn't consider him a friend if he was like that.  

I know a lot of people are divided on this topic, as is their prerogative, but whatever JG's reasons might be, I am firmly against the highlighted part being the case. THAT, for sure, I cannot accept. I may not have been around as long as other fans of his, but I've devoured more than enough LJG content to know he's just not that type of person. (Especially considering his own struggles when he was younger.) And I don't mean to start anything, I just have to put in my two cents for him.

• Like 16

On 4/6/2017 at 0:55 PM, MrKobegiant said:

As a long time JE fan, I want to thank JG for supporting her through a difficult period. She's now a stronger and happier person. I look forward to years of wonderful music and great acting from her. JG, hang around and be proud. For you gave her the strength. 

It's been a few days since they dropped the bomb but I still feel like I'm trapped in a dream. Lol. Like someone here said that they felt so sad like they're going through a breakup. Actually, I don't feel sad. I'm just really confused and in need of answers. Also, I've been skipping SHR OSTs and JG's songs every time I put my iPod on shuffle and of all times, they decide to play (when usually they RARELY play when I want them to!!). Lol it's childish, I know. <_<^_^ So I just wanted to highlight what you said chingu. Because as long as I don't get the answers I need and there's no clarification from JG himself, I wouldn't know what to think of him, really. So thank you for this. I teared up because even if he was in a relationship or undergoing a breakup or whatever the truth is during MLSHR days, he was able to uplift Jieun, break through her walls and made her better. A better person and individual. I was too focused on JG these days since the spotlight was on him but what you said just made me appreciate their relationship a little more and thought of how much Jieun changed since. We saw her smiling a lot more and I couldn't be happier. This news was sour for his side but still, his effect on her as well as the MLSHR fam is an unequalled gift. Whether he's attached or not, the fact that he makes her better and that Jieun herself trusts him is enough for me to stay in this ship. So I just hope he'll get through this toilsome time of his life (considering he's not posting anything on his social media accounts). I know it's fresh and it stings but let's try to understand him and forgive. As a shipper and a Catholic, this was prolly one of my crosses during this lenten season. Haha. Therefore, I'm giving him another chance and I'll continue to pray for him, that God will lead him away from people who take advantage of his kindness and from people who wishes him ill. Let's wish him well guys. I mean, we never know.. maybe even Jieun is comforting him also. ^_^

On a lighter note, shipping two very close friends isn't bad. :wink::D  Who cares if people say "What? You're still shipping LJG and IU? He has a girlfriend now. <_<" So what? Richard Simmons! We started shipping them when IU was also in a relationship. Lols. You haters, I am not giving up on them just like how So didn't give up on Soo. Anyway, just to support my statement of shipping friends, this quote by Bruce Adler would definitely suit them, "A beautiful bond of friendship has formed between us. Some say it's more than that - the ones who have seen us." :wink:

(Although of course my shipper heart still wishes for them to get together and I can clearly hear it whispering that people who look alike should get married y'know. Hahaha.)

On 4/6/2017 at 8:23 PM, q4q4 said:

Thoughts in the spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

Chingu its not the first time a crazy ex GF has tried to screw over a Korean celebrity. Exhibit A: the Jung Joonyoung scandal last August. I'm not gonna name names but I'm gonna throw out the possibility that we may have a hostage situation right now and a well known actor who may or may not have the initials L and maybe a J and possibly a G is the victim here by some very twisted jjampponghead lol 

However I believe in the magic of our OTP, our ship, and the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help me GOD lol the REAL truth always comes out.  None of this forced/blackmail/BS "truth" that's being forced onto the public by the media these days.

In JoonU We Trust. 

Spoiler

I wanted to quote your post with the allkpop link about JHB but couldn't find it. Anyway, I just wanted to say... in an interview last June 29 2016, JHB was asked about marriage and she said she doesn't have someone to consider getting married with and said that it still seems far off for her. Lol. So if they're really together, maybe this was also the reason why JG looked pissed during the photoshoot (?) :rolleyes::rolleyes: what a complicated relationship.

10 hours ago, MsKlover said:

1. My belief that a sensible and honest person like IU wouldn't become such good friends with a person who seems to be so callous at first glance right now.
  2. LJG has suffered betrayal in his life himself which makes it hard to belief that he will play his fans in this way.

:heart::heart::heart:

9 hours ago, MsKlover said:

Yeah.Its in the previous pages I think.MLSHR was still airing or just ended.I also came to know about it when I back read. 

Chingu, I don't think so. I have read every post in this thread and I haven't seen it. In case I missed it, I still would've known because for sure others will definitely discuss it. ^_^

• Like 23

I want to give him one more chance that's why it's important to me for him to give sincere explanation to his fans about this issue.If he really is in relationship with JHB just admit it and behave like one.He gained a huge significant amount of IG followers after mlshr and to think that he needs to maintain the 'single and lonely image' to his fans make me slightly bitter towards him.He don't need to do that anymore:(

Spoiler

And to think back my reaction after SAF award makes me ship them harder( but in reality at the same time he threw a party for 2 at new year's Eve for JHB after her long vacation:( ) I'm a fool but I still don't hate him.

• Like 9

@sublimelyheureuse Re: why this ship is so ~controversial~

Spoiler

Because it's popular. That's pretty much it. I've done some lurking in news posts about other big real-person ships too (e.g. G-Dragon/Dara) and the response is similar. IU/LJG might have some particularly "immoral" characteristics (i.e. the suspicion of adultery hanging over them) but essentially, they're controversial because the fanbase is massive. Whenever a person/ship/thing/whatever gets this big, there is ALWAYS a backlash.

The same actually applies to SoSoo. The only reason So's character engenders so much debate is because he's far and away the fan-favourite. I've seen this phenomenon in maybe 290 different fandoms now. People aren't just mad at X itself, they're mad that they're outnumbered by lovers of X. *miniature violin plays*

I find it tiresome, but also fascinating. With fame comes hate. Think of it this way: It's already been two months since Namoo denied the rumours. LJG is now being shipped by many with PMY. Yet when the news of JHB came out, the first thing the international majority thought of was LJG and IU.

In conclusion: Name me a kdrama pairing more relevant and meteorically iconic. I'll be waiting.

In other news... REID??? Was not expecting that match. Intriguing.

• Like 18

2 hours ago, jen459 said:

I believe you misunderstand me. When I say I would hate to think..... it was along the lines that I wouldn't want to imagine this being the reason. And that is why I wrote right after that IU wouldn't consider him a friend if this was true. And we know she considers him special. 

I'm sorry, my post wasn't directed at you but it was more of a reaction to the general atmosphere in this thread towards JG since the news broke. Just seeing the suggestion of it (even if you would hate to think that) made me want to say something. I just wanted to put my thoughts out there. (And sorry, I know you followed it up with the IU stuff, which yes, I agree with.)

39 minutes ago, Siracusa said:

He's playing Reid!!! SWEATERVESTS!!!!! @krisyu

Is that post legit? lol I find it hard to believe JG is supposed to be playing someone younger than the actor in the bottom right.

• Like 12

9 minutes ago, krysyuy said:

Is that post legit? lol I find it hard to believe JG is supposed to be playing someone younger than the actor in the bottom right.

Will keep scouring for confirmation but wouldn't be surprised if his character is a socially awkward genius and the writers just aged up the character. 

• Like 12

42 minutes ago, aryugabriel said:

I want to give him one more chance that's why it's important to me for him to give sincere explanation to his fans about this issue.If he really is in relationship with JHB just admit it and behave like one.He gained a huge significant amount of IG followers after mlshr and to think that he needs to maintain the 'single and lonely image' to his fans make me slightly bitter towards him.He don't need to do that anymore:(

Hide contents

And to think back my reaction after SAF award makes me ship them harder( but in reality at the same time he threw a party for 2 at new year's Eve for JHB after her long vacation:( ) I'm a fool but I still don't hate him.

was it for a party of two? I thought it just was new year party? many people could be there

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Siracusa said:

Will keep scouring for confirmation but wouldn't be surprised if his character is a socially awkward genius and the writers just aged up the character. 

Hmmm... true. But I wonder if LJG would be cool doing minimal actions scenes. lol

• Like 10

Thank you, @jen459, for the additional background on IU; your point makes a lot of sense. Thanks, too, @postnihilism, for your explanation; as usual, you knocked it out of the park. :wink:

Reid sounds like an intriguing choice for LJG. Definitely a step away from action roles and into other aspects of his acting abilities. 

• Like 16

29 minutes ago, fullmoon3 said:

was it for a party of two? I thought it just was new year party? many people could be there

Source from Dramafever.com under title 'sweet photos and details from lee joon ki and Jun hye bin's secret date revealed.:(

Edited by aryugabriel
  • Like 7

7 hours ago, caramelovers75 said:

Repost this great FMV again with JG's favorite songs (his drama's OST). And not a long ago, JE sang this song on her Melon Radio too. Even at this time, coincidences keep coming.

King & The Clown's (His first peak of popularity) OST with Moon Lovers's (His second peak of popularity) MV. What a nice collaboration...

What a match between the song and story TT

i can keep watching it all day long

he can die to save her but cant live to be with her...what a joke of life T.T

@kriswu Did you make the video 'fall in love unexpectedly' for joonu on saf? Omg i literally have it in repeating mode for a few days...

thank you!

• Like 12

14 minutes ago, aryugabriel said:

Source from Dramafever.com under title 'sweet photos and details from lee joon ki and Jun hye bin's secret date revealed.:(

That is all the chinese media says too -_- how could it be possible

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, xxxx1982 said:

That is all the chinese media says too -_- how could it be possible

If it's was true I will accept that but to think that his lovey dovey towards iu, their giddiness, their sweet glances etc, I just can't relate that it's purely just for fan service.

• Like 16

42 minutes ago, jen459 said:

I do agree with you. He was a vitamin for her. 

And thank you for your amazing video "Unexpectedly". You don't know how many times I watched it during the course of the day. 

Hoping they become each other's strength during difficult times.

Wow this makes me so happy :love: But omg I can't believe people are still watching it haha :sweat_smile: @xxxx1982, yes I did hehe thank you the two of you for watching!! xx  :heart:

• Like 14