[Official] ♥ Lee Joon Gi x IU ♥ || JoonU [2016 SBS Best Couple & Hallyu Star Awards!!]

Admin

I've been restraining myself from commenting on this real life makjang because i always saw myself as an outsider in this thread. I am not a shipper, not a fans of JG either. But I have to admit that I have grown to adore JE alot. 

Anyhow I am itching to type my take on the photos that dispatch realeased on april.

Spoiler

A group of JG's korean fans actually went to the BBQ restaurant to do on site investigation and posted the investigation video on IG. From the video we can see that the restaurant is located on a very narrow street, you definitely CAN'T miss to see if there is someone standing across the street, unless you are blind or you are super myopic without glasses/lenses on or the person across the street has the possession of the cloak of invisibility. The video was taken on a day broadlight and turned out that the street was a busy one. That fateful date at the BBQ restaurant must have happened way beyond commercial hours, otherwise it was really sloppy of JG to leisurely linger outside the restaurant with his face mask barely conceal his face. And there is no way JG would miss seeing someone standing or walking on the opposite side of the street. There are photos of JG and JHB standing behind a SUV car that looks like JHB's, the photos seemed to be taken from somewhere in front of the SUV car. If you cross check it to the investigation video, you will see that there really is no space for normal sized people to hide between that SUV car and the building behind. So, either hidden cameras were installed or someone INSIDE the building took the photos (this building has a wall length windows to have unblocked view to the BBQ restaurant and its neighboring buildings). Would it be possible for the mighty dispatch to gain access inside the building or setting up hidden cameras without a much prior notice? Some people on IG argued that dispatch shouldn't be taken lightly, yes I agree with that. But someone must have leaked the info on the BBQ restaurant location because it wasn't the regular condo/apartment car parks that you can just sit and wait for the target to show up.  

I didn't even know who JHB was before this whole saga unveiled. Someone posted in another thread that JG has a great taste because she has a great body and a personality of 10. So, I was initially thinking that she must be an extremely outstanding woman to be okay having her boyfriend claiming he was single everytime he was asked of his status. Her appearances on variety shows in the following months completely changed my opinion of her. The only word I have for her is SHADY.

I wasn't JE's fans when the MLSHR aired. Heck, I even had prejudiced against any idol singers turn into acting. MLSHR was JE's first drama that I watched. And I watched it religiously only because I was and still am a big fans of the C-version. After the drama finished airing, I started to watch JE's videos on YouTube and silently lurked here (I delurked couple of times though). As I learned more about her, I grew fonder of her. I admitted that it was wrong of me to judge her by her idol status. She is definitely way more than just a pretty face and beautiful voice. She is just PRECIOUS. 

Now, what I am going to say next might be unpopular opinion in this thread.

I am still not shipping JE and JG. Simply because I don't want JE to be embroiled in the already makjang situation. But I also can't deny that I see hints here and there that JE-JG have something special going on between them. JE publicly claimed that "Through the night" is her favorite track in her latest album. She replied with a shy laugh when Lee Hyori asked her who she had been thinking when she wrote the lyrics. The next day after the mv got released, JG posted a picture of him on a bed, seemingly had just woken up from a good dream sleep. Antis argued that he was just promoting MEC yadda yadda.. he must've taken hundreds if not thousands of pictures during the MEC taping, so why he posted that particular one? Then we have JE's self composed song for the theme song of Kakao game, the lyrics is just.... (sighed deeply). What else can I say... the girl was and is in love. And for her to be entangled into JG-JHB's messy relationship worries me. Aish...  I don't know what is in store for JE, but I only wish her happiness. As long as she is happy, I will support her all the way. So what that makes me? Half a shipper? *lol*

On a side note, I have voted for MLSHR few days ago. MLSHR and DOTS were the only dramas that I watched when they were still airing, meaning the only dramas that I really couldn't wait to watch. Still I voted for MLSHR because here I am, even almost a year after, sticking like a glue to whatever related to LJE. =P

• Like 24

7 hours ago, summer2017 said:

good news we are leading the poll for a very small margin so pls chingus if u haven't voted, go to K drama section and vote MLSHR!

how I wish the poll could just end now whilst we are leading. I'm very afraid honestly because our contenders are equally as good. 

So Chingus, pls lets do a last push for the last 2 days, let's unite and paste the poll link on our IG/Twitter account,  or when u are creating a post do hash tag and spread the love for ML and our beloved ML casts! 

go go MLSHR!

Spoiler

guys can we just stop talking about that bin? i dont want ppl to think/see/talk us as a bad shipper for keep mentioning about this something fishy etc :tongue: i do think whatever theory we have here is simply taken by haters to spread negativity to the universe lol 

• Like 12

I voted. I haven't done this since the SAF awards and never for anything except JoonJi. Is it one vote a day? I tried refreshing to see if I can revote but it won't work 

Secondly, welcome to everyone joining in just now. And I'm also extremely happy to see the other old timers dropping by to say hello. Thank you NoonaE for elaborating what my mind couldn't put my finger on but I agree, let's not dwell on the other party and focus on our ship. 

@soereey I enjoyed reading your post. I too had my trepidation about shipping JE with JG before but I decided that I will go down with this ship or sail with it to the golden sunset.

BBJX magic cast your spell!

Spoiler

I checked back on that JG post after TTN release and sure enough, he used an interesting set of emoticons for his caption - a handshake (was he congratulating someone?), a blushing hug (feeling shy JG?), a knowing wink and a kiss. We are all free to make our own conjectures but let me belatedly munch on this crumb :wink:

• Like 18

8 hours ago, silentwind said:

Hi, everyone!

Although I have been watching/reading this thread for a veeery long time, I made an account only now, only to give a helping hand with the voting.

Until now I rather remained in the shadows also because of my age (mid-thirties), but it was a nice surprise to find out out I would not be the only user like that.

I've been a LJG fan for a long while now, and my favorite drama of his is Time between Dog and Wolf (he was brilliant there). I also absolutely love IU's voice and her approach to music, which is so different from many other k-pop stars. And those two look indeed like they are a match made in heaven. The last few months were so sad, but hopefully things will turn out for the better.

Nice to meet you all.

SW.

Hi & welcome..I joined this thread not long time ago too...and I am forties...so who the winner hahaha

• Like 11

5 hours ago, soereey said:

I've been restraining myself from commenting on this real life makjang because i always saw myself as an outsider in this thread. I am not a shipper, not a fans of JG either. But I have to admit that I have grown to adore JE alot. 

Anyhow I am itching to type my take on the photos that dispatch realeased on april.

Reveal hidden contents

A group of JG's korean fans actually went to the BBQ restaurant to do on site investigation and posted the investigation video on IG. From the video we can see that the restaurant is located on a very narrow street, you definitely CAN'T miss to see if there is someone standing across the street, unless you are blind or you are super myopic without glasses/lenses on or the person across the street has the possession of the cloak of invisibility. The video was taken on a day broadlight and turned out that the street was a busy one. That fateful date at the BBQ restaurant must have happened way beyond commercial hours, otherwise it was really sloppy of JG to leisurely linger outside the restaurant with his face mask barely conceal his face. And there is no way JG would miss seeing someone standing or walking on the opposite side of the street. There are photos of JG and JHB standing behind a SUV car that looks like JHB's, the photos seemed to be taken from somewhere in front of the SUV car. If you cross check it to the investigation video, you will see that there really is no space for normal sized people to hide between that SUV car and the building behind. So, either hidden cameras were installed or someone INSIDE the building took the photos (this building has a wall length windows to have unblocked view to the BBQ restaurant and its neighboring buildings). Would it be possible for the mighty dispatch to gain access inside the building or setting up hidden cameras without a much prior notice? Some people on IG argued that dispatch shouldn't be taken lightly, yes I agree with that. But someone must have leaked the info on the BBQ restaurant location because it wasn't the regular condo/apartment car parks that you can just sit and wait for the target to show up.  

I didn't even know who JHB was before this whole saga unveiled. Someone posted in another thread that JG has a great taste because she has a great body and a personality of 10. So, I was initially thinking that she must be an extremely outstanding woman to be okay having her boyfriend claiming he was single everytime he was asked of his status. Her appearances on variety shows in the following months completely changed my opinion of her. The only word I have for her is SHADY.

I wasn't JE's fans when the MLSHR aired. Heck, I even had prejudiced against any idol singers turn into acting. MLSHR was JE's first drama that I watched. And I watched it religiously only because I was and still am a big fans of the C-version. After the drama finished airing, I started to watch JE's videos on YouTube and silently lurked here (I delurked couple of times though). As I learned more about her, I grew fonder of her. I admitted that it was wrong of me to judge her by her idol status. She is definitely way more than just a pretty face and beautiful voice. She is just PRECIOUS. 

Now, what I am going to say next might be unpopular opinion in this thread.

I am still not shipping JE and JG. Simply because I don't want JE to be embroiled in the already makjang situation. But I also can't deny that I see hints here and there that JE-JG have something special going on between them. JE publicly claimed that "Through the night" is her favorite track in her latest album. She replied with a shy laugh when Lee Hyori asked her who she had been thinking when she wrote the lyrics. The next day after the mv got released, JG posted a picture of him on a bed, seemingly had just woken up from a good dream sleep. Antis argued that he was just promoting MEC yadda yadda.. he must've taken hundreds if not thousands of pictures during the MEC taping, so why he posted that particular one? Then we have JE's self composed song for the theme song of Kakao game, the lyrics is just.... (sighed deeply). What else can I say... the girl was and is in love. And for her to be entangled into JG-JHB's messy relationship worries me. Aish...  I don't know what is in store for JE, but I only wish her happiness. As long as she is happy, I will support her all the way. So what that makes me? Half a shipper? *lol*

On a side note, I have voted for MLSHR few days ago. MLSHR and DOTS were the only dramas that I watched when they were still airing, meaning the only dramas that I really couldn't wait to watch. Still I voted for MLSHR because here I am, even almost a year after, sticking like a glue to whatever related to LJE. =P

Really enjoy your post. You've spoken out what I am thinking, I watched MLSHR because of LJG's acting skill then after the drama I am so in love with JE, the more I know about her the more I love her, just want to borrow your quote" She is definitely way more than just a pretty face and beautiful voice. She is just PRECIOUS."

BUT I am still shipping JE and JG because I can see clearly how happy when they are together, I can feel the chemistry on and off screen (I think no one can deny it through BTS, IU's concert and JG's FM in HK, SAF, ... ) although currently the situation is quite complicated for their relationship, I just wish they can find the way to get to be together if they mean to be. If not, I also respect their own decision and she is alway my precious little girl I will support her all the way

PS. this one make me feel happy, wanna share with you all http://www.koreaboo.com/buzz/all-the-reasons-iu-is-the-1-artist-in-all-of-korea/   

Wishing you all have a beautiful week ahead :-)

• Like 12

25 minutes ago, chi13lou said:

Guys, MLSHR is leading by 49 votes as of this moment!

happiness-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?1292happiness-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?1292happiness-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?1292

Just curious as to where the surge of votes is coming from, aside from all our returning chingus.

But I am not complaining!

Thank you!

happy-soldier-baby-emoticon.gif?12928649happy-soldier-baby-emoticon.gif?12928649happy-soldier-baby-emoticon.gif?12928649

Go Go Go MLSHR, We can make it ! :lol:

• Like 11

Hi everybody. Newbie here. I've been following the forum since Nov 2016 after following the main MLSH thread. But this is the fiist time posting here. I have immensely enjoyed reading all the thoughts and findings by the shippers. I smiled, laughed and even cried reading your posts but not had the drive to join in and shared my thoughts. Not to mention live streaming during the SAF ( even I don't believe I would do that)

I'm an ajumma fan of JE since her marshmallow days courtesy of my younger sister n my nieces. went through her ups and downs and never left her side especially during her "scandals". I love her more each day. Maybe like a daughter. And pray that God presents her with save and successful path for her journey. Not a fan of LJG because not a fan of Kdrama ( not a fan of any drama. I don't have the patience to follow dramas as my job won't permit it). but for JE I sat patiently for her Dream High, Lee Soon Shin, Producer and of course MLSH ( prerecorded) I was enthralled by their (OTP) acting especially the couple scenes. They acted beautifully together as if we were looking at their private moments in reality. Some of the scene made me blushed at the intimacy potray. I believe that a long the line a relationship was formed between them.

Spoiler

Of the recent storm / iceberg this is my POV. I don't think JG and xxxx has serious (SongSong) relationship. Maybe they did went out together but not a committing one ( this is what the xxxx tried to prove through picture by Dispatch and also pictures post on IG by her minnions). The only question to me until today is JG chose to keep quiet about the allegation. He "posted" his apology on one his fan base channel ( I don't think of his own willingness). My understanding was that he wanted to focus on his drama. But to watched him cried during his fan meeting melt my heart. The conflict and struggle within him temporarily weakened him at that point. And no consolation fr xxxx. I don't know her but sorry I don't like her. Her behavior and action make me more certain that there is no love lost between them. And this is further proven when JG didn't want to talk about the relationship during the CM PC. He seemed annoyed by the question. Why.....? My opinion she got nothing to do with his career and his life period.

After the April incident i don't have much hope for JoonU but our captain and the "senior crew " determination make me hold on to this ship. And also JE loyalty to her 'close friend" . All her action (subtle most of it but glaring to shippers eyes) support and consoled him. She chose to believe him when the public condemned him. I think they do contact each other behind all eyes. But her liking 2 of his IG Post prior to CM PC was strategically timed. His liking of her  IG post the "Don't be shy ..........." maybe gave him the boost.His IG post the morning after PC with the green grass and the song and JE walk in the night with two dogs and slime thingy IG posts liked by him sparked my interest that something is going to happen next. Surely the Friday after, crumbs and cakes fall fr heaven. I pray that their relationship will become stronger and end in matrimony. If not, they'll remain supporting each other as close friends should.

• Like 21

@chi13lou, maybe some of the votes come from the fans who decided to "come out of the closet" and join the "crew" openly (I'm pretty sure there are a lot of them) :D. Either way, fingers crossed until the end.

I also hope that we will continue to see the resumed interactions between the two of them on IG. On the other hand, I'm afraid that after all the counteroffensive from the "other side" (including the nasty comments on JG's IG post) they will decide to keep a low profile with each other again. I truly hope it won't be the case and that JE's quote that triggered everything that happened recently was indeed an eye-opener and energy-booster.

Have a lovely week everyone, greetings from Europe

Edited by silentwind
  • Like 15

i'm so glad a lot of new member here with their thougt & great analysis...and old shipper were so kind with their busy schedule stiil manage sometime to stoped & shared theirs too.

what all of you wrote on this thread really voice out what i think & want to say ..but you know because of poor english, i couldn't say & write much..i read all your post with my head keep nodding :D ..so thank you to all of you.

i also more & more like IU(for joon gi just so so, but i do shiped joonu)..from scarlet heart i realised IU is main character on drama Beautiful man which i didn't finish it. so i really recognised from scarlet heart, tried  find some news of her ,first because i didn't understand why so much people said her acting were bad, from there more & more i read & learned about her & i agree IU is nice &kind girl,she is genuine..

• Like 15

@deori  

those clips are from the same day JE performed at the Akaraka Festival, aren't they? If anyone haven't watched JE's performance at the festival, you definitely MUST. Head over to youtube and watch the fancam videos. the moment she sang TTN was said to be legendary. even I am an adult woman went gaga and so captivated by her. and the thing about JE that I like most is how down to earth & humble she is, she doesn't even realized that she carries with her such a powerful yet so pure angelic aura that made people swoon over her like mad. audience at the Akaraka festival was definitely went crazy.

anyway, thanks for the warm welcome in this thread. 

and KUDOS to @summer2017 @chi13lou for your endless campaign. happy to be able to contribute my vote.

• Like 18

I am not good with words but just want to express my love for JoonU. I'm not a long time JG or JE fan but after seeing their interactions in ML and outside ML, I'm convinced they are the best pair, made for each other. JE is such a precious little queen to all of us, including JG. She brings him hope n courage when all seems lost. JG on the other hand is good to je in his own way. Such a couple how can I not be amazed by them and like them? I'm just sad for JG that he has to go through all this but I hope when this is over, they will be together SOON

• Like 12

Contest ends in less than 7 hours and MLSHR currently has a 62-vote lead over another contender. Hope it keeps its lead till the end of voting.

To all those who voted and campaigned for other MLSHR fans to vote,

THANK YOU!!!

• Like 18

dancing-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?129279dancing-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?129279dancing-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?129279dancing-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?129279dancing-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?129279

:heart: WE CAN MAKE IT! :heart:

speaker phone leafLet's do our daily chant

1. News we have been waiting for to be released before we hit 1,000 pages! (JoonGi, I know that it's still 91 pages before we hit 999 but pls. save us from this rollercoaster ride!) not-available.gifhurry-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

2. The TRUTH to be finally revealed soon-with-rightwards-arrow-above.pngfingers-crossed-smiley-emoticon.gif

3. Guidance and enlightenment for JoonGi confused-face-smiley-emoticon.gifin making decisions bright-idea-smiley-emoticon.gif  and for him to be happy with the decision he makes good-job-smiley-emoticon.gif, as requested by @akinahana89.

thank-you-soldier-baby-emoticon.gif?1292thank-you-soldier-baby-emoticon.gif?1292thank-you-soldier-baby-emoticon.gif?1292thank-you-soldier-baby-emoticon.gif?1292thank-you-soldier-baby-emoticon.gif?1292thank-you-soldier-baby-emoticon.gif?1292

4. JoonGi and Jieun to keep posting in their Instagram logo and continue liking each other's posts. working-on-a-computer-smiley-emoticon.gi

5. Return of JoonGi's eye smiles. widely-grinning-smiley-emoticon.gif

drum pink mousedrum pink mousedrum pink mousedrum pink mouse

6. Everyone who does not like JoonU and those with evil plans to live together in a snake- and shark-infested and deserted island without electricity and wi-fi.  Castaway emoticon (Nervous smiley faces)

menial milk bottlemenial milk bottlemenial milk bottlemenial milk bottlemenial milk bottle

7. JoonGi and Jieun to prove that things are not always what they seem to be and TRUE LOVE conquers all! love-birds-smiley-emoticon.gif

8. JoonGi and Jieun to always support each other. love-birds.gif

crazy monkey 020crazy monkey 020crazy monkey 020crazy monkey 020crazy monkey 020crazy monkey 020

9. Success for JoonGi in Korean adaptation of Criminal Minds. detective-smiley-emoticon.gif

10. Jieun to upgrade her housekeeping skills to prepare herself for domestic life. sweeping-smiley-emoticon.gif  housewife-cooking.gif     cleaning-windows-smiley-emoticon.gif

11. SHR 2 or spin-off to become a reality, as requested by @WH.

alarm pink mousealarm pink mousealarm pink mousealarm pink mouse

12. SHR cast to get together frequently so JoonGi can continue to see Jieun become more beautiful right before his eyes. drunk-smiley-emoticon.gif 

13. JoonGi to continue meeting Jieun in his dreams, sleeping-and-dreaming-smiley-emoticon.gi and in real life.

dong onion headdong onion headdong onion headdong onion headdong onion headdong onion head

and our ultimate wish,

BBJX curse/blessing, come true! loving-thoughts-smiley-emoticon.gif

ritual soldier babyritual soldier babyritual soldier babyritual soldier babyritual soldier babyritual soldier baby 

• Like 19