[Official] ♥ Lee Joon Gi x IU ♥ || JoonU [2016 SBS Best Couple & Hallyu Star Awards!!]

Admin

45 minutes ago, q4q4 said:

LOL you've got a point there :D side note: IU looks soooo pretty in ep 16, she's practically glowing ;) 

@akinahana89 "Hi JoonU shippers! I just caught up on the last few pages and I really have to commend you all on your maturity and level-headedness in light of this new speculation of Joon Gi having a girlfriend. I'm really proud to see how everyone has been handling this. Let's always continue to remain this calm, collected, mature, dignified, graceful, and, well... AWESOME as we ship SoSoo / JoonU.

I, personally, don't think Joon Gi has a girlfriend. Based on his interactions with IU, his recent interviews, etc., my intuition tells me he's a single man. He may very well have been in a relationship before, but I don't think he is in one now. Just a gut feeling, more than anything, really. But paired with the small hints and clues thrown in here and there, it's what I believe."

Its funny that you mention this because I was wracking my brain on my way to work trying to figure this speculation out (too obsessed lol) and I'm like "If my fiance posted 2 pictureS of himself up in public mimicking a picture of his CURRENT love interest* in  series (the heterchromic eye picture) which he had edited himself, I would be SO PISSED." 

I mean ok, I can understand if he can act really well in the series. He can say "I was just pretending she was you, that's how I managed to act so well" I can understand that BUT those 2 pictures.. I just dont get it lol I mean, IU's last posted picture of them looking like a real married couple elated and in love was fricking crazy but I keep going back to LJG's edited eyes picture cuz like.. that was the turning point for my JoonU ship LOL It was like Wang So's love for Hae Soo coming to life. And we all know what happens when Wang So falls in love - you've got no choice but to brace yo-selfffff lol 

A glow that you cannot just make with make-up. It's from within. :)

And yes to all on the last 3 paragraphs. I don't think JG is the type of a man to do such things just to sell the drama. And if the gf is okay with that, i don't know, because one of the solid foundation of a relationship is respect. 

• Like 16

1 hour ago, akinahana89 said:

Hi JoonU shippers! I just caught up on the last few pages and I really have to commend you all on your maturity and level-headedness in light of this new speculation of Joon Gi having a girlfriend. I'm really proud to see how everyone has been handling this. Let's always continue to remain this calm, collected, mature, dignified, graceful, and, well... AWESOME as we ship SoSoo / JoonU.

I, personally, don't think Joon Gi has a girlfriend. Based on his interactions with IU, his recent interviews, etc., my intuition tells me he's a single man. He may very well have been in a relationship before, but I don't think he is in one now. Just a gut feeling, more than anything, really. But paired with the small hints and clues thrown in here and there, it's what I believe.

Still, let's keep our head held high since it IS just a speculation from one source. (Personally, I think if Joon Gi wanted to keep his girlfriend a secret and I, as a fan, found out about it somehow, I wouldn't go around posting about it. I would do my duty as a fan by protecting that secret in order to protect Joon Gi and the woman he loves from antis and haters. But, again, that's just me...)

We came onto this ship knowing that IU is publicly in a relationship with Kiha. I daresay it'll take more than this possibility of Joon Gi having a girlfriend to sink us. Timing is just as important as everything else. I wouldn't be surprised if it took JoonU two years like it took Nicky Wu and Cecelia Liu.

Actually, if you think about it, the number TWO is very important in SoSoo / JoonU's relationship.

In SHR, the number two is very prevalent.

1. The forced kiss scene has TWO kisses.
2. The stolen kiss scene was TWO attempts.
3. The reconciled kiss scene was TWO kisses.
4. The reunion kiss scene also had TWO kisses.
5. There was TWO back hug scenes.
6. SoSoo focused on TWO constellations during their stargazing nights together.
7. Wang So is Hae Soo's SECOND relationship and Hae Soo is the SECOND woman Wang So loves (the first was motherly love for the Queen).
8. They had TWO horse rides together.
9. Supposedly, if JoonU becomes reality, IU would have had TWO relationships prior to Joon Gi.

As for the number two symbolism itself...

Take from this what you will. ^^ In any case, I'm just happy IU and Joon Gi are so close and seem to have an unbreakable friendship and bond. Whether or not they will decide to pursue each other now or in the future, I am sure we will support them either way. Since this is all still just speculation, I, personally, won't dwell on it too much. ^^

JoonU shippers, fighting! :D

How in the world did you notice the 'two thingy'?! And the meaning? Beautiful! :)

• Like 11

I knew I was forgetting a few "two" coincidences. I copied the list and will just add them to the end.

7. Wang So is Hae Soo's SECOND relationship and Hae Soo is the SECOND woman Wang So loves (the first was motherly love for the Queen).
9. Supposedly, if JoonU becomes reality, IU would have had TWO relationships prior to Joon Gi.
---
10. So attempted, but failed, to kiss Soo TWO times on her birthday.
11. They share TWO memories together with So's favorite thing in the palace: the boat
12. So succeeds in telling Soo he loves her on the SECOND try.
13. Based on a previous JoonU shipper's post, IU's numerology is 7 and Joon Gi's is 5. 7 minus 5 equals TWO. 7 plus 5 equals twelve, which also has a TWO.

I'm sure there are more that I'm forgetting. Make sure to chime in and add to the list if y'all think of anymore!

• Like 17

I'm going to join the chorus and say I don't think LJK is attached at the moment. He might have been at some stage but at 35, if he has someone, he would be spending more time with the person rather than lurking on social media. You only do that if you are single or married for so long you don't quite care anymore :D like me! He said night night on his IG at 11 pm last Sat(i think) won't he be out or hanging around girlfriend at that time? And he often posts around dinner time as well. He's very enthusiastic about organizing dinner for the group. That goes to show he wants company. He can't stop relating back to JE. I'll be jealous if I'm girlfriend.

But Joon ki ya, if you are lurking in this thread, let me say this to you: 

You have a good chance with her. She likes you. But she's a female Wang So. She doesn't like sharing her man with another girl. So keep your hands to yourself, don't touch yr female co-stars unless you need to, and kiss like a statue if you really need to do it for work. 

JE is worth the sacrifice! :)

• Like 20

1 hour ago, q4q4 said:

Its funny that you mention this because I was wracking my brain on my way to work trying to figure this speculation out (too obsessed lol) and I'm like "If my fiance posted 2 pictureS of himself up in public mimicking a picture of his CURRENT love interest* in  series (the heterchromic eye picture) which he had edited himself, I would be SO PISSED." 

I mean ok, I can understand if he can act really well in the series. He can say "I was just pretending she was you, that's how I managed to act so well"

I can understand that BUT those 2 pictures.. I just dont get it lol I mean, IU's last posted picture of them looking like a real married couple elated and in love was fricking crazy but I keep going back to LJG's edited eyes picture cuz like.. that was the turning point for my JoonU ship LOL It was like Wang So's love for Hae Soo coming to life. And we all know what happens when Wang So falls in love - you've got no choice but to brace yo-selfffff lol 

You know, I really was trying to only half-ship JoonU because of Kiha-ssi, but once Joon Gi posted those two personally edited photos of his heterochromic eyes that MIRRORED IU's, I was gone. TOTALLY gone. lol. Sailing off into the sea of unknown without so much as a compass. XD

IU posting what she did on IG after two months of silence just made the ship sail away even faster. lol.

I considered the possibility of JoonU trying to gain more viewers and attention for SHR this way, but that's not something neither IU nor Joon Gi would do.

34 minutes ago, freckledbelle said:

How in the world did you notice the 'two thingy'?! And the meaning? Beautiful! :)

The moment I watched the SBS version of ep 16 and realized there were actually two kisses in that scene, instead of one, I connected all the dots. ^^ When I watched the leaked version by Youku, I kept feeling like something was missing and incomplete in that scene because it looked like So was going to kiss her again, but they only ended up hugging.  When the SBS version came out, I was content because THEN it felt complete (but I didn't like the TWO close up of Soo's hands. I preferred the far shot of them embracing and clinging to each other, so if they combined both versions into one... it would be PERFECT.)

And I'm very much into astrology and numerology, so I just added everything together. The meaning is quite beautiful, isn't it? :wub:

• Like 18

After reading those comments saying that they think LJG is single and pointing out some things or views make  me think that we're somehow right in assuming he does not have a gf. It's just a gut feeling. As for IU...i  really can't say if she's still dating. She seems to be such a loyal girlfriend. Sigh. Wish LJG and IU met a few years back.

• Like 18

Honestly, Joon Gi gives all the signs of someone that is lonely and that probably have had only short relationships. Dating a fan is not an option...I believe many korean actors are scared of dating non famous women after all the scandals and accusations of non famous women about rape lately. Even if those accusations ended up being false...they automatically lose their offers/endorsements/etc. The industry is as @qwenli said. I feel bad for the korean artists...they are like in a prison. 

---------------

This is what IU said recently in September:

"Work definitely comes first. I expect the same of my ideal other half too." 

"I prefer someone who is not overly good-looking. If he's too good-looking, I would feel that he doesn't belong to me," she says.

SOURCE: http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/entertainment/not-too-good-looking-please

---------------

What I am going to say aren't facts, only my thoughts based on what I know about IU... She tries to avoid the overly good looking type of guy (guys like LJG) because she doesn't feel pretty enough to be with that type of guy, she doesn't feel that their love for her can be real. It's important to her to feel he belongs to her and she seems to be the dominant type in a relationship (the one with the strongest personality between the two).  

• Like 20

1 hour ago, MrKobegiant said:

I'm going to join the chorus and say I don't think LJK is attached at the moment. He might have been at some stage but at 35, if he has someone, he would be spending more time with the person rather than lurking on social media. You only do that if you are single or married for so long you don't quite care anymore :D like me! He said night night on his IG at 11 pm last Sat(i think) won't he be out or hanging around girlfriend at that time? And he often posts around dinner time as well. He's very enthusiastic about organizing dinner for the group. That goes to show he wants company. He can't stop relating back to JE. I'll be jealous if I'm girlfriend.

But Joon ki ya, if you are lurking in this thread, let me say this to you: 

You have a good chance with her. She likes you. But she's a female Wang So. She doesn't like sharing her man with another girl. So keep your hands to yourself, don't touch yr female co-stars unless you need to, and kiss like a statue if you really need to do it for work. 

JE is worth the sacrifice! :)

Right?! 

I so love the (unsolicited) advice! Can't help but say mmmm, hmmm, and yes while nodding my head.

I wish he knows how much we love him and JE. I wish he can read all this beautiful posts regarding them. I so wish that they will co-star again one day. And i wish to stop wishing about them because it's already borderline insanity. :D 

• Like 14

3 hours ago, akinahana89 said:

The moment I watched the SBS version of ep 16 and realized there were actually two kisses in that scene, instead of one, I connected all the dots. ^^ When I watched the leaked version by Youku, I kept feeling like something was missing and incomplete in that scene because it looked like So was going to kiss her again, but they only ended up hugging.  When the SBS version came out, I was content because THEN it felt complete (but I didn't like the TWO close up of Soo's hands. I preferred the far shot of them embracing and clinging to each other, so if they combined both versions into one... it would be PERFECT.)

I prefer the sbs/director version, too. It's more romantic. I don't understand the logic of the sponsors overseas why they chose the other version. Frustrating in a way but it's alright because the bottomline line is it is still MLSHR. :)

2 hours ago, psiluvu said:

After reading those comments saying that they think LJG is single and pointing out some things or views make  me think that we're somehow right in assuming he does not have a gf. It's just a gut feeling. As for IU...i  really can't say if she's still dating. She seems to be such a loyal girlfriend. Sigh. Wish LJG and IU met a few years back.

I actually think it is better this way. That both are in a relationship. Because if in the end they will end up together it only means one thing - it's real love. And it's the real and not the reel that matters. :)

2 hours ago, Gabi Bros said:

What I am going to say aren't facts, only my thoughts based on what I know about IU... She tries to avoid the overly good looking type of guy (guys like LJG) because she doesn't feel pretty enough to be with that type of guy, she doesn't feel that their love for her can be real. It's important to her to feel he belongs to her and she seems to be the dominant type in a relationship (the one with the strongest personality between the two).  

It's very noticeable on their BTS vids the extra sweetness of JG towards JE. On her being the dominant in the relationship, JG mentioned he likes someone where he can 'rest his head', something-to-that-i-am-not-sure-because-it-was-just-translated, that means he is not the typical dominant male. Therefore, it is still alright and safe to assume. :)

Spoiler

It's friday 10:57am. I am coding on the other monitor while posting comment on the other one. I cannot help but comment while working! 

• Like 14

4 hours ago, akinahana89 said:

---
10. So attempted, but failed, to kiss Soo TWO times on her birthday.
11. They share TWO memories together with So's favorite thing in the palace: the boat
12. So succeeds in telling Soo he loves her on the SECOND try.
13. Based on a previous JoonU shipper's post, IU's numerology is 7 and Joon Gi's is 5. 7 minus 5 equals TWO. 7 plus 5 equals twelve, which also has a TWO.

I'm sure there are more that I'm forgetting. Make sure to chime in and add to the list if y'all think of anymore!

Superb captain!! 

I wanna add:

14. So gives back HS's hairpin TWO times on screen (because at the end she wear it without explanation when he return it again).
15. JG said his kiss-present was only good for him TWO times at BTS.
16. On 'bed-scenes' So stroke Soo's face TWO times before she wake up.
17. Soo ask So about his desire toward throne TWO times

• Like 13

Throwback:

Cr: iu_fanpage93 and jg_peko Instagram :wub:

I know these are super old photos but I still can't deal guys <3 ps: real LJE smiling at LJG vs. Hae So smiling at Wang So. Ahem.. a comparison was obviously necessary :wub: cuties

• Like 19

6 hours ago, itzibitzispider said:

I thought of another end ... maybe ;)

Reveal hidden contents

It rained ... again. He hated it, when it rained. Those were the days his nightmares came back. 
Since he was young he dreamed about old times, well at least he guessed so much, the fashion was that of the Goryeo Dynasty. That much did he learn in school, but why he dreamed about it? He had no clue. His brothers always teased him and called him Wang-nim, just because he once told him the woman in his dreams had called him Wang-nim. He had dreamed about her, other princes, places, occasions. Lying in a boat on the bench of a lake, gazing into the light blue sky, about spiting up blood and killing his younger brother.
As they grew older some of his cousins and brothers grew more and more up as look-a-likes of those princes, or maybe his subconscious changed their images, still just last night did he dream he sliced up his youngest brother, which was freaking him out. And as they passed each other at the office this morning he could not hold back and hugged him, which was even more disturbing. Had they ever hugged?
Now he sat in his office, looked outside and wondered at all those nightmares .... in school he learned quite a bit about Korean history and it was really interesting, but his teacher thought him a genius in history and all his classmates classified him as nerd. He toned the interesst down, but what was strange was the dreams seamed so real.
He shook of the dread and turned back to work. Way to much to do, to be sitting here daydreaming. His oldest brother did expect him at the hospital for lunch and he wanted to finish a few letters beforehand.

"Punctual as usual. How do you do that? If I would not be dragged around by the nurses, I would be late for each surgery."
"Mo-Hyung, you are a running catastrophe. I wonder that they let you onto any human being with knifes and claps."
"Believe it or not. I AM brilliant. Now my dear little brother. Tell me."
"Whaaat?"
Very suspicious the way he talked, what did that brother of mine hear again.
"Have you finally fallen in love?"
"What? With whom? Says who?"
"Wang-nim, don't be shy. I know you hugged our little brother quite passionatly"

They enjoyed their friendly banter, till Mos cellphone called him away. Kim Wan So sat back in his chair and watched the people passing by. How strange they run, back and forth, even here in the hospital. Oh he expected the employees to run around, but even the visitors and patients rushed about. Like ants, running back and forth.
His eyes suddenly got caught by a single person. A young woman who did not rush about. She seamed to take her IV for a walk and did so really slowly. Like she was on slow-motion. There was nothing extra ordinary about her. Nothing he could have pinned down, except that slow walk, a graceful walk he seamed to recognize. He did not even register that he stood up. But he did and he walked behind that person, with his hands held on his back. For outsiders who registered them they made a fun sight. A young woman with her IV and a well dressed business man with his hands behind his back and a strange little half-smile.

Outside, just out of this stuffy hospital, a bit fresh unfiltered air. Thought the air was not as she remembered. She remembered Trees, and buildings that are long gone, by now, but most importantly did she remember persons, faces and the feelings she had for them. This was just to strange. Why why would she be thrown into the body of a long dead girl and now wake up at a hospital.
"This is just to strange. I could freak out"
"What is strange?"
That voice caught her off guard for more than one reason, but in her shock she whirled around and tripped over the IV stand. Strong arms caught her and her he secure to the spot. She looked up into eyes that seamed centuries wise beyond age, but also lonely. The face was like a dream. She was no one to fan about a good looking face, but still to her it was the most beautiful.
"I know you. This is indeed strange."
Hae Jin reached up to the face, no scar, whole and beautiful.
"I know that sounds corny, but I have seen you in my dreams, in those you've been called ..."
"Hae Soo"
Both said it in unison and a smile spread across their faces, while their eye remained locked.

Thank you @itzibitzispider  yoyo13.gif great!!

He even hated rain. Love it!!!

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, q4q4 said:

I know these are super old photos but I still can't deal guys <3

Their eyes speak up their mind and their smiles are so sincere...

"Eyes are the window to the soul"

It is not the rehearsal, nor the shoot. So it was LJG and LJE. Sparkle on their eyes yoyo18.gif what else if not love? #sorryguys

• Like 13

3 hours ago, Gabi Bros said:

Honestly, Joon Gi gives all the signs of someone that is lonely and that probably have had only short relationships. 

Sorry to cut your post but I had to highlight your point here.

@mrkobegiant also brought up this fact too "He might have been at some stage but at 35, if he has someone, he would be spending more time with the person rather than lurking on social media. You only do that if you are single or married for so long you don't quite care anymore 

• Like 17

10 hours ago, caramelovers07 said:

And for this picture, Pardon me, maybe you'll call me "old-fashioned twenties girl":D. HA HA HA. I do feel our LJG is getting older (Please don't kill me, LJG's fans!:dizzy: It was just my imagination, maybe because of "scar" make-up effect), and somehow I feel sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo muccchhhh relieved, so muchhh! (I don't know this picture, really realllyyyy touches my deepest heart :(), because he has IU's accompany in his side. So, he wouldn't ever alone and feel his loneliness again in his old days. I do feel really really grateful, relieved, and happy because he has this warm woman in his side, accompany him in his old days. 

I love this picture too, i can see Wang So and Hae Soo can feel peaceful living outside palace that they're dream for so long, i can see their happiness was completely fullfiled..i wish for happy ending :tears:

In reality :wub: i see IU so comfortable with Joon Gi, i love their chemistry here. We all don't know the way their holding hands...is this as PDnim request or by their own initiate? If their own initiate argh...it's so intimate, i'm google it about this and it called interlock holding hands, take a look how they describe it... 

Spoiler

Couples who typically interlock all of their fingers while holding hands tend to have a deeper connection.

They have clearly surpassed mere physical attraction toward one another, and feel profoundly for each other on a more substantial level.

With this handhold, the partners are showing that they care for one another immensely, and that they are comfortable with being quite vulnerable and honest with each other at times.

4 hours ago, akinahana89 said:

You know, I really was trying to only half-ship JoonU because of Kiha-ssi, but once Joon Gi posted those two personally edited photos of his heterochromic eyes that MIRRORED IU's, I was gone. TOTALLY gone. lol. Sailing off into the sea of unknown without so much as a compass. XD

IU posting what she did on IG after two months of silence just made the ship sail away even faster. lol.

I considered the possibility of JoonU trying to gain more viewers and attention for SHR this way, but that's not something neither IU nor Joon Gi would do.

And I'm very much into astrology and numerology, so I just added everything together. The meaning is quite beautiful, isn't it? :wub:

^^ hahaa..same feels, that TWO photos heterochromic eyes and TWO lovebirds smile that IU post, all makes me goin' crazy kkk....it's still too weird for me. If they did just for SHR or fans, they're so cruel to us hahaa... I think every gf and bf who has relationship with actress/actor has tough heart, except if both has same job as actress/actor.

• Like 16

8 minutes ago, qwenli said:

hi all, I have uploaded a video of Lee Joon Gi and IU's interaction during the press con on youtube here:

youtube link

Enjoy!:wub:

Ah thank you so much! Man the first 40 seconds and already so much eye flirting.. poor KHN ended up looking like the 3rd wheel :(

Also: LJG pulled out the chair for her ... Then it seems like he got shy and stopped midway LOL 

• Like 18