[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Princess Agents 特工皇妃楚乔传

sugarplum892

7 minutes ago, lostintranslation said:

Can you truly fathom the sacrifice YWY makes to save CQ?  To save her and then to have to leave her there for another man to finish the job.

He is the Young Master of Yuwen Manor, the Heir to the Eyes of God group and the Great General of Wei. The weight of his office and his family's legacy lie heavily on his shoulders - he is not an impetuous or irresponsible man - the call of duty is bred into his bones.

He is an ultra smart cookie.  He would have thought through this possibility and its repercussions, Masked or not, is there anyone with two brain cells to rub together who doesn't know it's him rescuing CQ?  Betraying his nation, his household and inner circle of loyal agents.  Accepting that he may be reviled and cursed as a traitor.  All of this for the life and love of a woman.

These last few episodes brought to my mind this poem by William Blake ... I think the first verse is very apt for YWY and CQ.

The Clod and the Pebble
- William Blake

"Love seeketh not itself to please, 
Nor for itself hath any care, 
But for another gives its ease, 
And builds a Heaven in Hell's despair." 

So sung a little Clod of Clay 
Trodden with the cattle's feet, 
But a Pebble of the brook 
Warbled out these metres meet: 

"Love seeketh only self to please, 
To bind another to its delight, 
Joys in another's loss of ease, 
And builds a Hell in Heaven's despite." 

:bawling: #Speechless :bawling:

• Like 5

13 hours ago, lostintranslation said:

Can you truly fathom the sacrifice YWY makes to save CQ?  To save her and then to have to leave her there for another man to finish the job.

He is the Young Master of Yuwen Manor, the Heir to the Eyes of God group and the Great General of Wei. The weight of his office and his family's legacy lie heavily on his shoulders - he is not an impetuous or irresponsible man - the call of duty is bred into his bones.

He is an ultra smart cookie.  He would have thought through this possibility and its repercussions, Masked or not, is there anyone with two brain cells to rub together who doesn't know it's him rescuing CQ?  Betraying his nation, his household and inner circle of loyal agents.  Accepting that he may be reviled and cursed as a traitor.  All of this for the life and love of a woman.

These last few episodes brought to my mind this poem by William Blake ... I think the first verse is very apt for YWY and CQ.

The Clod and the Pebble
- William Blake

"Love seeketh not itself to please, 
Nor for itself hath any care, 
But for another gives its ease, 
And builds a Heaven in Hell's despair." 

So sung a little Clod of Clay 
Trodden with the cattle's feet, 
But a Pebble of the brook 
Warbled out these metres meet: 

"Love seeketh only self to please, 
To bind another to its delight, 
Joys in another's loss of ease, 
And builds a Hell in Heaven's despite." 

Thank you for this.... I was beginning to root for a chance for YX and CQ after today's epi *hides* - Plz don't push me into the icy lake yet, XingYue shippers:D.. but looking at it YWY + YX both sacrificed in their own way for CQ - and both sacrifices were BIG (rational or irrational is another matter entirely)- given their personal situation.

I wonder what the writer's want to tell the viewers. 

Both men love her, care for her, she is their priority. I'm confused - not with who loves her more - YWY trusted YX it CQ - he knows after him the only other person who could protect her this way would b YX.

Even I'm not surprised anymore that CQ cannot make her mind up.

• Like 5

The most important thing for YWY is XE's life. He doesn't care what it take to keep her alive. He had experience her death and he doesn't want to experience that feeling again. It doesn't matter if XE chooses YX, YWY can bear it as long as she is alive. I can't imagine how much it cost him emotionally to "give" XE to YX in that battle scene.

He knew XE can keeps YX in check, at least temporarily since  he came back instead of rushing to conquer ChangAn. He said to The General Prince that he felt for the innocent during this war. So since YX is back to YanBei many innocent lives will be spared and he doesn't needs to kill off YX too. By this act, He can keeps both YX and XE alive plus hundreds of thousands of innocent, so why not? The only one suffering is him but for him it's worth it....For The Greater Good....

• Like 17

When comparing both hugs from YWY and YX to the unconsious XE, i found YWY's embrace was more affection and it feels like unspeakable yet sorrowful emotions that just about to burst out... YWY hold XE in his arm and embraced her tightly and pulled her towards his face, he was kinda stroking her face with his for a moment....it broke my heart...all his feelings...sadness, mad, worries and devastating and relieved when he found XE still breathing, all were potrayed through his eyes reactions behind the mask...its so painful...the fact that he had to leave her after saving her, must be the most agonizing decision he had to make...i dont blame him for that...i understand him....

On contrary, i didnt deny, YX also must feel so painful and devastated seeing Achu lying unconsiously..he was kinda blaming himself for dragging Achu until this state...he hold and hugged her in his arm and closely to his chest.....but i still feel that the embrace was not as fond as YWY's towars XE....

Both of men were sooo pitiful....XE should make up her mind immediately.... her stubborness was a torturous to the people around her especially who loved her....

• Like 13

Just now, cenching said:

The most important thing for YWY is XE's life. He doesn't care what it take to keep her alive. He had experience her death and he doesn't want to experience that feeling again. It doesn't matter if XE chooses YX, YWY can bear it as long as she is alive. I can't imagine how much it cost him emotionally to "give" XE to YX in that battle scene.

He knew XE can keeps YX in check, at least temporarily since  he came back instead of rushing to conquer ChangAn. He said to The General Prince that he felt for the innocent during this war. So since YX is back to YanBei many innocent lives will be spared and he doesn't needs to kill off YX too. By this act, He can keeps both YX and XE alive plus hundreds of thousands of innocent, so why not? The only one suffering is him but for him it's worth it....For The Greater Good....

Gosh! That exactly what make YWY a great man...he is wise and smart...his intelligence and way of thinking were far more beyond others..he was able to analyze the situtions, the upcoming effects...and make decisions that may benefit to the majority...eventho his was emotionally devastated...

• Like 6

But yesterday i see that YanXun not that cruel as we think bout especially for CQ ... but if attacking Chang An maybe his wish n his army sure he is insane wanna wash Chang An with the blood .. but only for one person he wanna come back .. he said next time still can gather army n still can attack city but if he lose CQ ... he cant bare it ...

The sad scene was seeing YWY standing behind the fence witnessing YX hug XE ... only a real gentleman can do this ... love that girl but let her do whatever she wish for ... 

Even though the girl might be dont return his love but he keeps on giving love n care omaigod where can we find this good man .. where ?

And i see XE looking at YX also not care n loving anymore but hate haha like last time she face YWY with that kind of looking YX now lol ... but she doesnt point knife to YX :D

I would say she will reject or not answering when YX ask her if she ever loved him lol ... coz i dont see any smile of her toward YX but bitter face lol ... 

And i think she is not the kind of lady that love many man ... she might be only love YWY coz she let him kissed her :wub:

Who kiss her first gets her heart doesnt it? In this drama she and YX havent kissed haha so YWY is the winner here .. our prince charming was so smart that he didnt waste his time when they get along .. he acted possesive like her husband asked her to wear pink clothes and she obeyed it so sweet of YWY... im sure she wont forget bout Mo Er too lol ... waiting for today scene .. he is going to yanbei..

bout the last scene .. no worry ladies .. he wont die hard at icy lake coz YQ will rescue him n get injured badly that YWY cried seeing him like that n say YQ i order u to alive omaigod good boy YQ ... love him too such a good n loyal boy toward his master :)

• Like 14

In YX's life the most important person obviously is CQ. He wants to give her the best, he can sacrifice everything for her but the problem is they have different goals and different views. I am clutching my heart during the conversation of YX and Chubby Cook, he is very much The Sunny Young Boy he used to be.

This kind of relationship won't have a good end. In a relationship love only is far from enough. Even though XE really loves YX but with their differences that love won't survives.

I won't say that YWY's love is greater than YX's or vice versa. Both men loved with their whole hearts minds and souls, XE/Ah Chu is very fortunate indeed....

• Like 8

8 hours ago, mrsyooknit said:

so on the first preview, it seems the bad guy tracked the other guy down. He is asking him what he wants? 

The concubine will probably kill herself to save Chun'er. It seems like that wine was for Chun'er so she drank it knowing that it will force the Emperor to spare Chun'er. I read somewhere that Chun'er was beheaded in the books. (?) 

The drama trying to close some of the pending storylines. Anyways, all I need is YWY to fall into the lake by Thursday. 

Yup, YWY... please fall into the lake as fast as u can. And please, don't fall in the last episode.:tongue:

• Like 6

3 hours ago, yueyyo said:

Was it just an one time off but I saw her call YX by his name in the trailer and not by the ge ge one?  Has she always switch them back and forth or does this suppose to mark her distrust and being more distant from him now?

She no longer sees YX as a ge ge. She finally realized the shameness she did. She's the princess of Da Wei, but on her wedding night, her husband betrayed her. Even so, she shamelessly follow him and got raped, tortured, and trampled by his soldiers. She said she's just a richard simmons now. The innocent, cute, lively, naiive princess she was, was dead long ago. 

3 hours ago, velvetsnowflake17 said:

Yanbei has been conquered. ... Changan wasn't invaded.??.... I want to know what happened - did YX leave his victory at the door and rush to save CQ? If that is so, he needs to be credited - destroying Changan would be the height of his revenge....

So both saved CQ in their own way...

IIs sending YS to Yanbei a means of banishing him and his pitying state by the foolish emperor?

Unfortunately, Chang'An wasn't invaded. They were at the foot of Chang'An though, but because he received the news that Chu Qiao won't leave Hong Chuan and will die there protecting YanBei people, that he decided to stop his plan and go back. After losing his entire family, he doesn't want to lose Chu Qiao too. She's the only closest person left to him. 

I agree! Foolish emperor. Chu Qiao is right. He's so foolish. Why should he be made emperor and making decisions for people. He started this whole mess. Because he got paranoid from his dream, he had his men make up proof that his blood brother is rebelling, kill YX entire family. For power, he wants to conquer YanBei. He's so dumb. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Melda Hung said:

But yesterday i see that YanXun not that cruel as we think bout especially for CQ ... but if attacking Chang An maybe his wish n his army sure he is insane wanna wash Chang An with the blood .. but only for one person he wanna come back .. he said next time still can gather army n still can attack city but if he lose CQ ... he cant bare it ...

The sad scene was seeing YWY standing behind the fence witnessing YX hug XE ... only a real gentleman can do this ... love that girl but let her do whatever she wish for ... 

Even though the girl might be dont return his love but he keeps on giving love n care omaigod where can we find this good man .. where ?

And i see XE looking at YX also not care n loving anymore but hate haha like last time she face YWY with that kind of looking YX now lol ... but she doesnt point knife to YX :D

I would say she will reject or not answering when YX ask her if she ever loved him lol ... coz i dont see any smile of her toward YX but bitter face lol ... 

And i think she is not the kind of lady that love many man ... she might be only love YWY coz she let him kissed her :wub:

Who kiss her first gets her heart doesnt it? In this drama she and YX havent kissed haha so YWY is the winner here .. our prince charming was so smart that he didnt waste his time when they get along .. he acted possesive like her husband asked her to wear pink clothes and she obeyed it so sweet of YWY... im sure she wont forget bout Mo Er too lol ... waiting for today scene .. he is going to yanbei..

bout the last scene .. no worry ladies .. he wont die hard at icy lake coz YQ will rescue him n get injured badly that YWY cried seeing him like that n say YQ i order u to alive omaigod good boy YQ ... love him too such a good n loyal boy toward his master :)

Master YWY has a way of reclaiming what is his...he even said this to the late YWH when he was picking up with XE...His kiss says it all...You are only mine...:D

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, cenching said:

In YX's life the most important person obviously is CQ. He wants to give her the best, he can sacrifice everything for her but the problem is they have different goals and different views. I am clutching my heart during the conversation of YX and Chubby Cook, he is very much The Sunny Young Boy he used to be.

This kind of relationship won't have a good end. In a relationship love only is far from enough. Even though XE really loves YX but with their differences that love won't survives.

I won't say that YWY's love is greater than YX's or vice versa. Both men love with their whole hearts minds and souls, XE/Ah Chu is very fortunate indeed....

I agree! After today's episode, I am left speechless with the love that both YX and YWY have for CQ. CQ's dream is to protect her hometown, her people, free slavery and lead a simple life, revenge the people that deserves to die. While its not wrong that YX wanted to conquer Chang'An and kill the emperor, he did it at the sake of his YanBei people. That is what CQ find scary. Their views became different. YX is willing to sacrifice his hometown and people to obtain his goal, but he didn't think, once he conquer Chang'An then what? His YanBei people will all die. Then, what's the point? 

YWY share the same goal as CQ. He's not loyal with Wei state of YW household, but the Wei people, the innocent lives. He does whatever to protect his hometown and people. 

So sad... 

• Like 9

I realise the show feels the needs to sledgehammer home the meaninglessness of revenge and war with all the speechifying and images of the aftermath of that skirmish at Hong Chuan but really does it have that kind of luxury when there's still quite a bit of stuff to get through? The battle scenes were good especially the night ones but again I say, if this was the message that the show wanted to convey then why linger so much on things that didn't contribute to this theme. The show has ambition undoubtedly but ambition in adaptation without focus only leads to frustration and confusion. 

It's not that I don't understand what the show is trying to do... humanizing the male leads to the extent that they have and making them more palatable as love interests. However, I don't really want the show to turn YX or YWY into victims because they're in love with CQ. They aren't victims but grown men who have made their own choices about how to manage their duty/revenge and keep a watchful eye over her . I don't pity either of them because they both know... or at the very least, understand the consequences of protecting her and living with those consequences. That is what adults do. In this situation that they're in, it is a zero sum game. Nobody can have it all because sooner or later those different impulses come into serious life-changing conflict with each other. 

YX and YWY aren't pitiful. They are men with serious social obligations that they can't set aside just for the love of a woman. Right now they can still juggle and get away with it but sooner or later it will be out of their hands.

The confusion lies at least on YX's part is that he probably thinks CQ has some feelings for him, enough to give him hope especially because she hitched her wagon to him. The problem is CQ is in love with YWY the man and she's in love with the idea of sharing a free Yanbei with YX. Her thinking is quite radical which is why that confusion exists. Of course it doesn't help that YX is really in love with CQ too. That's what YWY was saying... most girls of her age are about grooming themselves and finding their ideal mate but she, on the other hand, is in love with idea of freedom and a place that is free that she can call home. Because of the way YX was selling Yanbei, she thought that Yanbei was that Utopia or Paradise... a place where she could be free. 

There was a comment on YT last week in which someone said that CQ chose friendship over love when she told YWY that she had to go to YX and hold his hand. Well, perhaps on a superficial level that seems to be the case BUT I think what she did is choose her ideals over love. YX, to put it crudely, is a vehicle to that end. She thought they were comrades in a common cause because Yanbei was the endgame for both of them. She saw Yanbei as a place to protect and build something with but he wanted Yanbei to be the place of his childhood memories so that when he got there and it wasn't what he had expected, he was disillusioned and all that was left for him was revenge. I imagine he held Wei responsible for what he saw as destroying the Yanbei that he loved.

It's a classic case of how two people can speak the same language, even use the same words but mean entirely different things. But I think that's largely because YX is in love with CQ and he wants Yanbei to be this ideal place for them as lovers who live happily ever after whereas she wants Yanbei to be a home for someone like her who is homeless, and it seemed as if YX would be able to help her achieve that. For him it's about love but for her it's about hope.

YWY, I really believe, gets it. That's why he offered to share in her dream. On that occasion he didn't appeal to her on the basis of love because he knew it isn't what drives her. It sounds pretty cheesy even to me to say this... but he is really her soulmate. He understands her probably in some ways better than she understands herself. It's not to say that he isn't in love with her whatsoever but at least he realises that she has to play out that impulse to the bitter end so all he can do for her is keep her safe. That is how he, I imagine, intends to share in that dream. 

The weakness of the show is that it doesn't demonstrate this dilemma/juggling act as well as it could. It's sort of gets there but it got really distracted and bogged down with trying to earn currency for the revenge arc.

• Like 24

tbh, I haven't been following PA very closely just because I'm waiting for every episode to air before I binge watch, but -

Who loves her more aside, who is willing to lay down their life and give up everything in order for her to be happy?

Isn't that what we fans generally hope to see amongst couples? Someone who is willing to do everything in their power (including giving up their life) to ensure the happiness and healthiness of their partner (preferably both people but unrequited is fine)

I just don't see YX being willing to give up his revenge and actually want to work towards complete removal of slavery, peacefully. Even after seeing all this disaster and bloodshed, he's still hellbent on claiming Chang'an and Yanbei. 

Note: I haven't read the novel so below are my own personal observations:

• Yes, CQ is his voice of reason and in the face of such atrocities that happened to his family I can see why he would want revenge. In saying that, how he justifies his actions for the lives of hundreds/thousands of the citizens is beyond me. The armies may have invaded his home, but they were following orders or face treason. Remember, these are the little people who have parents living in 'huts' with wives and children who they may have not seen in years (refer to that scene of the Xiu li commander talking to the soldier)
  • Some say that the fact that YWY doesn't fight for his love shows a weak side of him. I would actually refute that by saying, CQ already holds hostility towards him - much greater towards the beginning of the story than now. If he had pursued his love through brute force, that would turn the hostility to hate. In his own way, YWY has ensured that CQ can feel nothing for him but gratitude and to me, that's a better starting point than a want for revenge for a relationship.
  • YWY, I believe, could and would give up all his titles and prestige if it meant that it would keep CQ safe and it it meant that they would be allowed to be together in peace. I personally don't see YX doing that.
  • To me, YX's 'removal of slavery' is more a facade to convince CQ to join his rebellion than anything else. On the outside, he may actually believe in the cause, but deep down, I don't think it ever really crossed his mind. All his actions to date seem to simply scream revenge

For those of you following the drama closely, has he done anything to work towards eradication of slavery? Or is his mindset, let me take over then I'll work on it?

• Like 10

@40somethingahjumma, we were wreaking havoc for this show bcoz of very little episodes left but the story line doesn't getting any better. It annoy me bcoz instead of the characters growing to be better they grow to the worse especially YX and YWY....The drama turns The Great General of Wei and The Great Rebel of Wei into love sick sappy lover boys. YX threw away the lives of many soldiers in order to come back to save Ah Chu, no wonder some soldiers want to kill her, I will too if I am one of them.....YWY getting bold and bolder. It cheapen their value in my opinion....

I am agree with your opinion of YWY. That was why he let her go and contradicted to many people, I didn't see that he was waiting for her reply when he asked her, "I need you too, can you feel it?" For me that is a rhetorical Q or even more like a statement...

• Like 5

After last night ep, I believe both YWY and YX love CQ very much, but the person who actually uphold CQ belief now is YWY as he felt the innocent people is the one suffers most in war.

Chun er will finally see the consequence of her action, she loss her mother due to her reckless and stupid action.

Seeing YWY accompany Yuan Song to Yanbei, his grandpa feel something bad will happen..definitely because the ice lake incident coming soon and probably won't see his beloved grandson anymore since he will fake his death. Yuwen family will left with no heir. Looking forward CQ grieving YWY death..I'm curious how this scene will play out.Lets hope at least on thursday we'll see this scene.And also we may see how CQ identity revealed.

• Like 5

I can't believe the fillers they put in episode 58, after the fast pace in episode 57 I was hopeful. Who cares about the "love story" between that fat guy and his girl, I want to #$$#^@& the PD and writer so much :angry:. I was hoping that we will get the ice lake scene on Wednesday, but now I am not so sure anymore. Once again a potentially great show is ruined in the hands of Ciwen and Hunan. They get such a compelling story, a great cast and yet once again they butcher the show with odd spacing and fillers. It's a Hua Qian Gu situation again. Sigh!!!!

Poor YWY, I want to see him happy with the woman he loves :bawling:. And by "happy" I don't mean they get together in the end, no dear PD and writer, I mean the lovesick boy deserves to be loved and cherished for a great amount of time. Cut down on the fillers, get to the point for god sake!

I see frustration and angriness everywhere after yesterday :lol:.

• Like 11

A love journey that has undergone and can triumph over its struggles and hardships over a long period of time like YWYs undying and incomprehensible love for XE and for XE to finally realise and accept his kind of wholehearted and unconditional love is what i would call a destined, true and eternal love.  For their kind of love needed to face such pain, trials and difficulties for them to eventually find and be with one another in this lifetime and that love within each other would be carried in them even in death and beyond....

(This kind of love i believe exists in the ancient times and centuries only where they only love once in their lifetime, not today though).

• Like 6

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

YX and YWY aren't pitiful. They are men with serious social obligations that they can't set aside just for the love of a woman.

@40somethingahjumma I surmise this to be true only up to this point in the movie a (and definitively in the novel). What it goes on to eventually occur would be the consequences of what one man did over the other, i.e. one chose love of a woman over duty-revenge while the other chose conquest-revenge, and that one man, of course, is YWY.  The outcome would have been revealed in due time if this show carried the story to the conclusion of the novel which of course we all know - won't be concluded.

Spoiler

This was written in the last chapter of the novel where the author penned: 

In this world, hard work, status, wealth, authority,is available-attainable through perserverance and to all perservering people,only love can be attained by one who is sincere-authentic.

• Like 3