Quantcast
kpopjewels

Starting a Kpop Dance Cover Group in PDX

On 2/7/2018 at 12:08 PM, nxvo11 said:

Hello our group has now become a Hallyu group based in Portland and the surrounding areas. I am still teaching some kpop dances from time to time. Find us on FB as HallyuPDX!

i just checked it out to request and join the group :sweatingbullets: ahahahaha... i don’t get on fb much .-. but yeah

On 7/15/2016 at 12:28 AM, kpopjewels said:

Hello people!

My name is Julia and I'm a 22 year old college student who lives in Portland, OR. In 2013 I started dancing to kpop as a hobby and recently I've been thinking about starting a kpop dance group. So far I only dance to mirrored versions in front of my computer. I am still a n00b level dancer but I'm learning. I love tons of kpop groups and I will dance to any catchy song.

I am looking for people who dance or sing to kpop, good at communicating, willing to grow, and can commit to a team. Any gender, race, etc. is good. Ages 14-30 in general. People who live around the PDX area (Portland, Milwaukie, Beaverton, Hillsboro, Tigard, Gresham, Vancouver, etc). You don't have to be a good dancer or singer. This is mostly for fun but competitions can happen.   

When we memorize dances I will film them and post on youtube. I will let everyone know the filming days in advance. For clothes- something comfortable you can dance in. Shoes with no grip is important. I plan to meet at a gym 1-4 times a week and dance for 1-3 hours, depending on people's schedules. I will be the dance leader but if anyone has more experience than me feel free to take over.      

If you are interested in joining- message me or reply to this thread! ^u^  

(UPDATE)

Julia has left the group. Contact nxvo11 or puffycreampuff for current info.

Hello. Poking around.
Is this still a thing?

@superanxteam Hi. It’s still..kinda definitely a thing? There’s a Facebook page dedicated for Kpop fans around Portland and I think some girls are still dancing too. I’ll message you the info if you want! 

1 minute ago, Sunny Rae said:

@superanxteam Hi. It’s still..kinda definitely a thing? There’s a Facebook page dedicated for Kpop fans around Portland and I think some girls are still dancing too. I’ll message you the info if you want! 

That would be swell.

2 minutes ago, Sunny Rae said:

Also sorry for doubling up. Trying to knock these out of the way but my "team" is doing some research with that state for various reasons to I hope there is quite a few heads still strongly being active in that region.

11 minutes ago, iminizzle said:

are you still looking..?

We are now PDXK Dance Crew on FB and are always looking for new people! I choreograph for them and also lead HallyuPDX as a group for all things Korean. Please find us and we'll let you in!