Starting a Kpop Dance Cover Group in PDX

kpopjewels

Hello people!

My name is Julia and I'm a 22 year old college student who lives in Portland, OR. In 2013 I started dancing to kpop as a hobby and recently I've been thinking about starting a kpop dance group. So far I only dance to mirrored versions in front of my computer. I am still a n00b level dancer but I'm learning. I love tons of kpop groups and I will dance to any catchy song.

I am looking for people who dance or sing to kpop, good at communicating, willing to grow, and can commit to a team. Any gender, race, etc. is good. Ages 14-30 in general. People who live around the PDX area (Portland, Milwaukie, Beaverton, Hillsboro, Tigard, Gresham, Vancouver, etc). You don't have to be a good dancer or singer. This is mostly for fun but competitions can happen.   

When we memorize dances I will film them and post on youtube. I will let everyone know the filming days in advance. For clothes- something comfortable you can dance in. Shoes with no grip is important. I plan to meet at a gym 1-4 times a week and dance for 1-3 hours, depending on people's schedules. I will be the dance leader but if anyone has more experience than me feel free to take over.      

If you are interested in joining- message me or reply to this thread! ^u^  

(UPDATE)

Julia has left the group. Contact nxvo11 or puffycreampuff for current info.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, puffycreampuff said:

This sound fun! I'm from Portland as well so count me in!!

I don't have much dancing experience except for a few arms movements (more like arm wiggles) that I attempted to copy while sitting in front of my computer :sweatingbullets:

I've never danced before but I'm gonna give it a shot too! :)

13 hours ago, puffycreampuff said:

I don't have much dancing experience except for a few arms movements (more like arm wiggles) that I attempted to copy while sitting in front of my computer :sweatingbullets:

Haha I bet you'll be a better dancer than me in no time :lol: I invited you to our messages let me know places and times that work for you to meet up :) 

• 2 weeks later...

22 years old and live in SE Porltand. Just came back from LA to go to KCON!! I've studied some modern dance and hip hop (so dances like EXO Kai solos and Big Bang!) but I have been practicing the popular songs now that are much harder. Please let me know if I can be of help ;)

My sns:

FB - Nancy Vasquez

Isnta-nancyvnice

Twit- Envynice 

Hi Nancy!

We would love to have you with us. I'll be less busy soon and we can meet up as a group. Cool I can't wait to hear all about your time at Kcon! I will invite you to our group message and we can make plans to hang out. 

On July 26, 2016 at 4:05 PM, puffycreampuff said:

Hi! I'm 14 I dunno if I'm too young but I'm willing to be part of your group

social media: if you have an Instagram please dm me there

instagram: ashleykim12345

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Ashley Kim and hoshily! I'm Nancy and I am the choreographer of the group (not officially, but i can teach dance!) I love both your Instagrams, good job! We would love to have more members to make our formations even better. Just let us know your free time (I know school has started already) and where you are all located so you can come to practices and we'll start looking for a good place for young ones to be with us (Since Crunch fitness requires a parent to be there with you.) We are going over Twice's Cheer Up.

If you want to get to know me better dm me anywhere:

FB- as Nancy Vasquez (same profile picture as here)

Insta- @nancyvnice

Kakao- nvxoxo21 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Vanessa! Yeah join us ^u^ 

Same for me starting Monday I'll have lots of school stuff but we can make plans work. I'm not sure if there is a Facebook page but the other members have mobile social media they talk on. And they reply here pretty often so they will let you know soon.

• 2 months later...
Guest Ikasha girl

Lol I know this is a little to late! But I love watching kpop covers and dancing, and I would love to do this. I live in Portland Oregon and I wouldn,t mind meeting up and chatting! reply back soon~ ps. Just made this account to reply lol- still figuring out how it works

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi i just saw this on the internet and i'm really interesting and wanna see your community .. , Actually it's a little bit sad for me because i found this too late and i'll leave portland soon at the end of February so pls let me know if i still can join i'd love to see it .. btw my name is Game i'm 23 year old i've an experience about cover dance for 4 years i used to dance in Thailand .. so yeah i'll leave my facebook here it might be easy to contact me.

facebook./Halo Phovijit

• 4 weeks later...

HI! Wow haven't been back here in a while. I am the leader, so to say, or lead teacher of this group now! We currently practice every Saturday @noon at Crunch Fitness on Division which is deep in SE Portland. We hope to find a better location for the benefit of everyone. All of us are full time workers or students ,too, so i understand! We are doing Twice's TT and EXO CBX Hey mama. I'very aught other dances like BTS and Big Bang. Sometimes we just like to hang out, too, so I will invite you to chat with us and fangirls the anything on our Line chat if you have one! Okay, my rant is done,  I hope we can meet each other soon!!

• 11 months later...
On 2/4/2018 at 12:04 PM, ihnguyen said:

Hi!! I'm interested! Are you still recruiting??

Hello our group has now become a Hallyu group based in Portland and the surrounding areas. I am still teaching some kpop dances from time to time. Find us on FB as HallyuPDX!

• 2 months later...
On 7/15/2016 at 12:28 AM, kpopjewels said:

Hello people!

My name is Julia and I'm a 22 year old college student who lives in Portland, OR. In 2013 I started dancing to kpop as a hobby and recently I've been thinking about starting a kpop dance group. So far I only dance to mirrored versions in front of my computer. I am still a n00b level dancer but I'm learning. I love tons of kpop groups and I will dance to any catchy song.

I am looking for people who dance or sing to kpop, good at communicating, willing to grow, and can commit to a team. Any gender, race, etc. is good. Ages 14-30 in general. People who live around the PDX area (Portland, Milwaukie, Beaverton, Hillsboro, Tigard, Gresham, Vancouver, etc). You don't have to be a good dancer or singer. This is mostly for fun but competitions can happen.   

When we memorize dances I will film them and post on youtube. I will let everyone know the filming days in advance. For clothes- something comfortable you can dance in. Shoes with no grip is important. I plan to meet at a gym 1-4 times a week and dance for 1-3 hours, depending on people's schedules. I will be the dance leader but if anyone has more experience than me feel free to take over.      

If you are interested in joining- message me or reply to this thread! ^u^  

(UPDATE)

Julia has left the group. Contact nxvo11 or puffycreampuff for current info.

Hello. Poking around.
Is this still a thing?

Archived