[ Drama 2016] The K2 더 케이투

MindfulL

2 minutes ago, MindfulL said:

The only flaw that I find about this drama is the action scenes are too long and they becomes tiring. If they could have reduced it down, speed up the plot especially in the beginning episodes, and focus more on the characters relationship, it would have been a finer drama. The acting in this drama is just too good to be wasted on those action scenes.

yeh say that but it "bodyguards acting" drama after all 

i think they make good balance between acting and characters relationship , maybe just on the first 5 ep's they was wrong to have so many action scene and that what make the drama in slow moving 

for me i loved the drama so much but sometimes i think they was so slowly every ep was about one or two days only 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

On other news:

Looks like someone is shooting a flashback. :D

OMG maybe we was wrong and the writer going to gave us answers about her past 

wait this dress she wearing in ep 3 too in the scene she was sitting on the floor  in her room crying after hearing J4 saying that her father will not come and visit as long as YJ watching  ( if i am not wrong )

14 minutes ago, nona88 said:

OMG maybe we was wrong and the writer going to gave us answers about her past 

wait this dress she wearing in ep 3 too in the scene she was sitting on the floor  in her room crying after hearing J4 saying that her father will not come and visit as long as YJ watching  ( if i am not wrong )

Hmmm..true but the windows looks like church windows or of a nunnery. I am guessing a Spain flashback is up of her room.

Another hint that Anna is in SK. Yoona's manager and team are shooting in Cloud9 right now.

Strangely, you can see SW in the background and is that JH?

@Bambiina 

Spoiler

BTW I saw you and @julie721 at YWCFTS thread, I totally enjoyed that drama, and reading the posts there is so much fun :wub:

I know that everyone (mostly) was thinking that way not just you, because it's all over SNS, I even had people DMing me asking if that's true (Healer shippers hate Yoona)

And not just that, others implied and said here in the thread and elsewhere, that people who say The K2 have many flaws, or it didn't live up to expectations IS because "ya that's right he/she is a Yoona hater" it's annoying to keep feeling defensive for something not true, I liked YJ the most but even I can see her character has a lot of flaws, and that SYA is doing her best portraying her, and I know JCW is doing his all but I think even he doesn't know much about JH's background to know how to really portray him, that's why I feel there's something missing in JH, so now I'm a JCW hater!!!! I like him too much just to be blinded of my love to him and like his character whatsoever, I know that many here are enjoying the show, and I envy you, Im still watching to see how the writer will wrap up everything nicely, or I hope he will, but I believe it will be a happy ending, I hope

I agree with you Bambiina on what you said it's the writer fault, the acting is top notch, even Yoona did her best, she might not be as good as the veterans, but she tried her best, so it's down to the writer and the PD, I feel they're messing up in a lot of things, and I'm not talking about little flaws, each show has some and it doesn't matter sometimes

1 hour ago, ReemKanabta said:

@nona88 the wrap up party is on Saturday not tomorrow :P I think today/tomorrow is the last shooting day

Lol people even shipped him with YSH the other lead from WBDS

Reveal hidden contents

so shippable right :joy:

About your friends, I know you didn't mean every healer fan, but as a Healer fan AND  their shipper, I feel that I need to say this since @YourHighness . thinks so too and many others

Reveal hidden contents

I didn't know Yoona before this nor have I heard of her or seen anything with her, and on the contrary to what you believe I never shipped him with YJ because of my ship, that's so wrong to say, I know there's some of healer fans who didn't like Yoona (the majority of haters are from the idol became actress minority BTW, but you feel like you want a clear scapegoat for this, hence you see a healer fan who doesn't like K2 you jump to the conclusion that it must be a Yoona hater who hates Yoona because they want him with PMY, etc etc, and we know that a chance of him pairing with PMY in a new show is like 5% if any), but from what I heard its because they saw her previous work and they didn't think she was a good actress, even so I didn't let that cloud my judgment, and many others like me, I admit that Yoona was trying her best here, I don't blame her, but I just couldn't relate to her character nor did I feel attached to the show much, and I didn't just like YJ just to get under your skin (in fact I see that the writer took the lazy road and just made her a plain villain) , nor did I wanted her to be paired up romantically with JCW, I could've just felt happy with their friendship or partnership even if they were frenemies and went after the other , I still like there scenes together

to make it clear NOT EVERYONE WHO SAID THEY DIDN'T LIKE YOONA / The K2 ARE HEALER FANS that is PREJUDICE from your part cos there're a lot others who don't share your feelings, from what I'm hearing even the production company isn't thrilled with the outcome of K2 popularity, even though I thought 4-5% was a good thing for a cable TV but it seems the production co isn't happy with the domestic feedback

That's interesting though. Is this from an interview? I find it unfair for the production company to be expecting really high ratings when they decide to air it on cable, known with significantly lower ratings than public channels. Also, with the current political situation, I am surprised ratings have been quite steady cause I'd have expected people to lose interest in the drama because of their hate towards the president and her allies (which is rather similar to CYJ and her secretary) 

From one of JCW interviews , Chang Wook said that "After I heard that they got the result as expected, I felt comfortable"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMf6bf4A26i/

If I understand it correctly, this means that ratings have met production company expectationS. 

Also, this "domestic feedback" isnt  because of Yoona's performance and delivery. She should not be taking the blame. 

@sakura22 I think the not so positive feedback is from the SK media news outlet, it's not being translated, but a friend from SK said that, I thought the show is doing good because of the ratings just like you said, I don't know maybe the production wanted it to be another hit, like Signal which reached 12%+ or the reply series, but I think it's already farfetched from these hit shows, and I didn't expect much, I really hoped JCW's comeback to Kdrama will be a big one for him, that's why I felt sad when I heard about the feedback, if I heard anything new I will post here, what I know is that they won't make a director's cut DVD :fearful: JCW won't sing an OST for the show (first time since !!!!! he always did since WBDS or before) :dizzy:, and that a banner from k2 fans was refused for the wrap up party, again I'm stunned, at least they can accommodate fans right, so don't know what's the real story right there, hopefully they will reconsider that one at least

I don't know if @cherkell knows anything about this or can confirm it

Okay. I haven't watched the Reply 1998 but I watched Signal. But I believe plot-wise, these two shows are way ahead of TheK2. That is why I was not really expecting a high ratings for TheK2. Signal from the very beginning has established a clear foundation of the plot while TheK2 has failed to established that ground in the first half of the episodes and we are even still left to wonder with so many things now in the recent episodes. There are so many factors that are left to be considered. There are so many things that we are left to assume. So many characters are involved. So many conflicts are needed to be resolved. Jeha's past is unclear. Anna's past is unclear. YJ's past is unclear. We only know the GIST and the POINT of their past. (And JehAnna shippers like me are deprived of romantic scenes hahahahahahaha) And yet we ONLY have 16 episodes. 

The only good thing really is that the actors and actresses have done such a good job in portraying their characters despite these flaws. :) And on top of that, I love JCW. And I love his chemistry with Yoona. So yeah. 

@ReemKanabta I find that Interesting because considering that for a weekend drama, The K2 have higher ratings compared to even other daily drama (I am also watching) on cable channels. Happy if anyone can correct me on this because I dont religiously check ratings for other drama. 

If they are talking about the drama being a hit, the fact that the reruns are recording ratings almost as high as the actual airing, and that the kiss scene of Jehanna recorded really high view counts within just two days after it aired. That to me is still a good measure of how many are enjoying the drama. 

In terms of ratings, The K2 is currently in top 5 out of all TvN drams in 2016. Surely, they would have studied all the drama ratings for 2016 and its no brainer for them to realistically set their expectations based on that right? 

Honestly, they are not even doing a good job in promoting the drama. All we have been getting was a couple of interviews and live chats at the beginning of the drama also making clips and the vogue article, then nothing else other than a couple of JCW interviews and articles as well as selected short BTS clips and stills. This week alone, there was no bts clips at all. 

Thank goodness I can rely on TeamYoong and TeamWookie to get some live updates of the drama.

20 minutes ago, meh2222 said:

Okay. I haven't watched the Reply 1998 but I watched Signal. But I believe plot-wise, these two shows are way ahead of TheK2. That is why I was not really expecting a high ratings for TheK2. Signal from the very beginning has established a clear foundation of the plot while TheK2 has failed to established that ground in the first half of the episodes and we are even still left to wonder with so many things now in the recent episodes. There are so many factors that are left to be considered. There are so many things that we are left to assume. So many characters are involved. So many conflicts are needed to be resolved. Jeha's past is unclear. Anna's past is unclear. YJ's past is unclear. We only know the GIST and the POINT of their past. (And JehAnna shippers like me are deprived of romantic scenes hahahahahahaha) And yet we ONLY have 16 episodes. 

The only good thing really is that the actors and actresses have done such a good job in portraying their characters despite these flaws. 

Totally agree, I loved Signal and R88 but I didn't expect much from the k2 and to me it was doing well, acting and rating wise

12 minutes ago, sakura22 said:

@ReemKanabta I find that Interesting because considering that for a weekend drama, The K2 have higher ratings compared to even other daily drama (I am also watching) on cable channels. Happy if anyone can correct me on this because I dont religiously check ratings for other drama. 

If they are talking about the drama being a hit, the fact that the reruns are recording ratings almost as high as the actual airing, and that the kiss scene of Jehanna recorded really high view counts within just two days after it aired. That to me is still a good measure of how many are enjoying the drama. 

In terms of ratings, The K2 is currently in top 5 out of all TvN drams in 2016. Surely, they would have studied all the drama ratings for 2016 and its no brainer for them to realistically set their expectations based on that right? 

That's why I'm baffled with what I have heard, for me it was doing well enough with that record of ratings,

2 hours ago, YourHighness . said:

On other news:

Looks like someone is shooting a flashback. :D

idk why do i have a bad feeling about this one? 

i'm no longer looking for preview, i'm not ready to say goodbye to this drama. so frustating.

6 minutes ago, gyu2003 said:

idk why do i have a bad feeling about this one? 

i'm no longer looking for preview, i'm not ready to say goodbye to this drama. so frustating.

LOL Don't worry about it. I am sure they released the picture to confuse the fans again. Anna is not going anywhere.

Hahaha, tell me about it. A part of me is dreading the preview/last two episode and a part of me is so ready to see it. I'm confusing myself. :lol:

@ReemKanabta .. The plot itself is the biggest flaw .. I hate to say this .. I am quite dissappointed with the plot.. writing and directing... I don't get the 'live and death' feel .. I don't feel the 'seriousness' of the situation .. all those threat YJ made was just empty threat .. no value .. I don't feel that 'dangerous' or that edgy feel...  The biggest failure is when they cannot established whether YJ character should be hate or not .. and that bordering feeling between hate/like YJ which causing some to feel frustrated toward JH ... that the reason most writer stick to the conventional plot .. distinguish between evil and good character... 

I am not good in expressingy thought .. huhu .. I feel that the focus of the story has been divided between 3 main character and 16 episode is just not enough ... 

Anyway I think K2 is not a total failure .. the ratings are good .. it is always the 1st place in ranking (between other drama on the same slot)

Anyway .. Healer rating was also not as good as it should be .. tough luck... JCW poor you .. If I am not mistaken the average rating didn't reach 2 digit .. it was less than 10% (which is very low at that time).

I am still scratching my head .. what went wrong ..

Anyway .. I am normally not this serious .. :D .. K2 made me this way .. wahaha..

18 minutes ago, ReemKanabta said:

Cw0fGtEUUAATBGo.jpg

Cw0fHErUAAAn4SE.jpg

CR: the k2 twitter

he's wearing a bullet proof vest, hhhhmmmmmm

I can't my heart! He is so handsome. He is so gorgeous. He is so cute. What do I do with my heart? Argh!

This worries me too. It's already Wednesday and they are still filming? :(

Spoiler

I love Signal to bits! I am not yet ready to watch Reply 1988 even though I know it's a good drama. I don't think I can bear the feels and nostalgic effect the drama might do to me. 

Guest julie721
1 hour ago, ReemKanabta said:

@sakura22 I think the not so positive feedback is from the SK media news outlet, it's not being translated, but a friend from SK said that, I thought the show is doing good because of the ratings just like you said, I don't know maybe the production wanted it to be another hit, like Signal which reached 12%+ or the reply series, but I think it's already farfetched from these hit shows, and I didn't expect much, I really hoped JCW's comeback to Kdrama will be a big one for him, that's why I felt sad when I heard about the feedback, if I heard anything new I will post here, what I know is that they won't make a director's cut DVD :fearful: JCW won't sing an OST for the show (first time since !!!!! he always did since WBDS or before) :dizzy:, and that a banner from k2 fans was refused for the wrap up party, again I'm stunned, at least they can accommodate fans right, so don't know what's the real story right there, hopefully they will reconsider that one at least

I don't know if @cherkell knows anything about this or can confirm it

Kindly give the link to the article dear? I might check it myself later. Because there are many unfounded rumor, we just can't be sure if there are true or not without some actual fact. I mean YoonA fans and sones are very update about the news and even just personal blog about K2, but we might miss something right? (news is from pers, blog is more like an personal opinion posted online) thanks. The refusal of fans project/support now get to JCW too? Oh wow.. This is new. I mean I know that all Yoong fans support rejected by SM. But I thought the support for JCW is still passed by his agency. He just got Food truck/coffee from China fans right?

I also don't think K2 will pass signal TBH.. Aside from signal is written way more polished and better than K2, the theme of K2 (politics is not really SK forte..) most political drama never reach successful level as popular other genre. Maybe even K2 is one of the most commercially successful Kdrama with political genre. And although the rating is not really skyrocketing but the hype is quite big.

I think that Yoona photo was from the first few episodes she was trapped in the house. I don't think the manager posted what was actually from today. The other IG he posted is more likely to be today. Seems like they are all filming at the cloud9. 

Edit

The wonderful thing about having so many Yoona fans is everything is being tracked!

Archived