[ Drama 2016] The K2 더 케이투

MindfulL

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, riiko1988 said:

@stargazer187 i remember that interview! they both want a sad ending. but then yoona said the viewers like happy ending tho. but but but im so scared! noooo dont be a sad ending! shiroooo!! im not familiar with the writer but i heard YP is an open ending which for me is much worst than sad ending. lol

Yeah, I remember that too. But hoping that it's a happy ending cos I also remember reading that they had to film some initimate scenes in Barcelona so I can only hope that they end off happy back at the place they first met.

26 minutes ago, yyskhc said:

Hi, anyone know what is the relationship between choi yoojin and jiyeon (the woman who always give her interview on the show) and who is her son? Did I miss something? Is this mentioned already on the drama?

Not too sure but from Ep 10, it sounded like YJ's brother is the reporter's brother-in-law?

I rewatched the blanket kiss so many times  that I've lost count. I can't move on. How? The last kdrama kiss scene I rewatched was the wine kiss from DOTs but I never rewatched so many times. Even the snow kiss from Healer didn't give me such feels. Aigoo. How can pple say Yoona don't match well with JCW or that they have no chemistry? 

Hey Everyone,

I feel like I have to give props to the writer for writing scenes like the blanket scene and walkie talkie scene. Ji Chang Wook and Yoona did a great job, the tension under the blanket and anticipation was awesome. Throughout the whole scene, I was like Jeha! Now? What? Omg. Lol. The writer could have written it down to kiss after the first look but no we have Jeha hesitating because he likes Anna but in fiction, there are consequences to loving just depends on how do the characters cope with those. The walkie talkie scene, they weren't even in the same room and I got the tension and suspense of them wanting to come together. 

The writer has a great talent for building up tension and suspense whether it is in action or romantic scenes like that. 

So props to the writer for that and the actors for a job well done. Yoona and Ji Chang Wook have great chemistry. For me. 

I look forward to Friday/Saturday. Have an awesome Sunday. 

20 minutes ago, Sesame Chew said:

I rewatched the blanket kiss so many times  that I've lost count. I can't move on. How? The last kdrama kiss scene I rewatched was the wine kiss from DOTs but I never rewatched so many times. Even the snow kiss from Healer didn't give me such feels. Aigoo. How can pple say Yoona don't match well with JCW or that they have no chemistry? 

I know right? @Sesame Chew Yoona and Ji Chang Wook's chemistry is really so awesome that I am shipping both of them so much now. Gosh their visuals matching....I didn't even ship Yoona and JGS in Love Rain. But in K2, gosh my heart flutters and go dugeun dugeun dugeun when I see both of them on screen. Hope to see another kiss when Jeha goes back to Anna with tteokboki in Ep11 next Friday.

I'm sorry, but I really couldn't stand watching the romance scenes between Anna and Jae Ha, is it only me who feels this way? Those scenes feel like a filler and don't have any depth or carry any weight for the story, not that I think they don't have chemistry, it's just about the plot should have been better. Is the writer female or male? Does the writer lack imagination in the romance category? While he/she did very well in the action. Instead of occupying the minutes of walkie talkie goes back and forth between room, the writer could just make them sit side by side while Anna tend to Jae Ha's little scratch on his cheek or something and bonding together talking about their pasts and her gratefulness.

1 hour ago, Sesame Chew said:

nadoo chingooyah :wub:  i dont know how many times ive rewatched it and it makes my heart flutters everytime omoonaaa :heart: 

@alekaonu ive never shipped yoona with anyone so hard! dang! they look perfect together! how come those two dont have bad angle?? visual couple indeed! 

and the scene where anna asking JH to buy her dubokii and telling him to come back alive :bawling:  is giving me so much feels i cannoott!! it hurts because i can feel they love each other very much and want to be together :dissapointed_relieved:

btw i am liking J4 now hahahah, AN and J4 convo LOL her being a "make up artist" hahhaha and AN being innocent so funny! the way they squeal when JH said "yeppo" hahaaha 

Many times I see uncle flutters watching our OTP

After watching episode 10, no wonder why Chief Kim wants JH killed...  JH is serious on getting her head lols

I also don't like Anna's action when she just went to the interview,  she should ask JH permission first like what she did when going with uncle. 

Both of them were put to danger after that... I was waiting for her to say "Miyane, jeHa-ah" I like it better if she said it then JH kiss her..  Haha (pulling my frustrated writer dream here)  

The camera angle,  I wanna see their hands on sweet scene,  like when JH cover them with blanket,  I was disappointed when I didn't see JH hand pulling Anna closer to him... and when Anna hug JH,  where are Anna's hand wrapping around JH. 

Aside from wanting to get a blanket kiss,  why JH needs to put a blanket from the car until they were already inside... Hahaha It's hard to walk and JH couldn't if there will be any danger :sweatingbullets:

YJ still my fav character... I really like the plot of K2..JH fighting scenes...and our OTP.   

I kind of agree on the fact that maybe the secretary might have killed Anna's mother !!! This woman is crazy, and personally I did not even thought about her having a lesbian tendency ! You guys know how to observe !!

Also, YJ... this woman, all she need in her life is a little bit of love from her husband, to be a woman and not a tool to build his path to his political career !! Honestly, I feel bad for her ! She didn't become that cruel for nothing :( 

ABOUT URI OTP !! THOSE SCENES ARE TOO SHORT FOR ME REALLY !! I can't count how many times I repeated the beach scene !! Ok the kiss too but... the kiss scene did not satisfy me!!!  The kiss is not that deep !! I WANT A SMEXY ONE !!!! hahahaha!!! Come on writer !!!! Hope there will be plenty of kisses because I seriously love the couple !!! 

8 hours ago, JaneP said:

One question and everyone who finds that scene so nice: Why did she agree to "killing-Jeha-Plan" in the first place then? She knows what is going to happen. She is the chief of the JSS and she went against her advisers more then once. But here she is agreeing on the plan and taking the collateral damage of Jeha. Her ambition will always be bigger than her fondness. She might shed a tear but will be back to buisness as usual the next day IF Jeha dies. She also is aware of the fact why he is doing it (making Anna save) and that he will go through with it. While Yoo-jin is pitiful and showed an ounce of humanity here, she still signed is death sentence. She never needed to do that.

The part where she is concerned for him is the romantic aspect of it. And I disagree that if Jeha dies, she will be back to normal the next day. The fact that she is already filled with guilt sending him off to a likely suicide mission, so much so that she would abandon her political ambition, at least for a moment, just for one man's safety... convinces me, that if Jeha actually does die in this mission (which in k-drama probability is 0%), she will be wrecked with guilt.

In the end, YooJin is fulfilling her part in the deal/alliance/pact she had with Jeha. She would help him exact his revenge against Assemblyman Park, in exchange, Jeha would be part of JSS and Close Line, be her trusted man. Honestly, Jeha has not held up his end of the deal as good as YooJin has, yet YooJin still trusts him and works with him, that is telling.

There is still a line between these two characters, the line is their employer-employee relationship. Time and time again, this line has been challenged and thinned, but its still there. YooJin uses Jeha's skill set to accomplish her goals and Jeha uses YooJin's resources to accomplish his. 

Their alliance based on equality is the base of their relationship... this moment was always what it was going to lead to. Jeha came into the alliance knowing this... it is him who wants to kill Assemblyman Park for revenge. He's using this opportunity now to further protect Anna, but killing Assemblyman Park was always Jeha's end goal. YooJin isn't forcing him to go, they asked him to go and he agreed, he signs his own death sentence... so the fact that she even suggests that he can back out of the mission if he feels endangered doesn't just show her humanity but also her deep affection for Jeha. It shows she is willing to make great exceptions for Jeha, she doesn't just see him as a tool for her own goals, she sees him as a human who could potentially lose his life and so she tells him to consider living. 

15 minutes ago, perfectsmilebias said:

The part where she is concerned for him is the romantic aspect of it. And I disagree that if Jeha dies, she will be back to normal the next day. The fact that she is already filled with guilt sending him off to a likely suicide mission, so much so that she would abandon her political ambition, at least for a moment, just for one man's safety... convinces me, that if Jeha actually does die in this mission (which in k-drama probability is 0%), she will be wrecked with guilt.

In the end, YooJin is fulfilling her part in the deal/alliance/pact she had with Jeha. She would help him exact his revenge against Assemblyman Park, in exchange, Jeha would be part of JSS and Close Line, be her trusted man. Honestly, Jeha has not held up his end of the deal as good as YooJin has, yet YooJin still trusts him and works with him, that is telling.

There is still a line between these two characters, the line is their employer-employee relationship. Time and time again, this line has been challenged and thinned, but its still there. YooJin uses Jeha's skill set to accomplish her goals and Jeha uses YooJin's resources to accomplish his. 

Their alliance based on equality is the base of their relationship... this moment was always what it was going to lead to. Jeha came into the alliance knowing this... it is him who wants to kill Assemblyman Park for revenge. He's using this opportunity now to further protect Anna, but killing Assemblyman Park was always Jeha's end goal. YooJin isn't forcing him to go, they asked him to go and he agreed, he signs his own death sentence... so the fact that she even suggests that he can back out of the mission if he feels endangered doesn't just show her humanity but also her deep affection for Jeha. It shows she is willing to make great exceptions for Jeha, she doesn't just see him as a tool for her own goals, she sees him as a human who could potentially lose his life and so she tells him to consider living. 

But why did she go with the plan in the first place? She could have used a different method. What I am wondering about is that she so easily succumbs to the plan knowing the consequences. She is the chief of the JSS and it is easy for her to give the orders and go up against the one she does not like but she did not. That is why I do not find it romantic because of all her actions beforehand allowing the mission in the first place. And as soon as Jeha talked about Anna's safety, she knew he will go through with the mission. Mirror has all the dark secrets about Park Kwang-soo, I'm sure with a bit of work they get the evidences and then can destroy him and find a safer way to kill him. If Yoo-jin really likes Jeha as much as you point out, she would guide him to a revenge where he can live freely afterwards. But here she is: putting him in danger and even if he comes out alive, he will be on the run for the rest of his life. 

3 hours ago, dears said:

I'm sorry, but I really couldn't stand watching the romance scenes between Anna and Jae Ha, is it only me who feels this way? Those scenes feel like a filler and don't have any depth or carry any weight for the story, not that I think they don't have chemistry, it's just about the plot should have been better. Is the writer female or male? Does the writer lack imagination in the romance category? While he/she did very well in the action. Instead of occupying the minutes of walkie talkie goes back and forth between room, the writer could just make them sit side by side while Anna tend to Jae Ha's little scratch on his cheek or something and bonding together talking about their pasts and her gratefulness.

Maybe cultural and age differences? Seems to go down really well with the Korean audiences especially the younger audiences. Kind of trendy way to romance. If they did what you say, some may say it's boring and not romantic either. So I guess everyone sees it differently.  I know my tlist was going crazy over it especially the door scene.

@notohaterfans ”I also don't like Anna's action when she just went to the interview,  she should ask JH permission first like what she did when going with uncle. “ her only and one end goal is to crush CYJ, at that point what danger could have happpened since the uncle has done a good job so far and jeha never told her be aware of the uncle. The fact that he left her there with the uncle meant he trusted that relationship to her so I think going to the interview is not necessarily a unexpected action. To ask Jeha about everything she does I think is an extreme expectation.  The lady basically held you in isolation for 14 years, you just got shown your mothers case file,  a quick and not necessarily sensible decision can happen. If it was me I would make the same decision if samchon gave me the choice to humiliate the dragon lady. 

I just wanted to post this wonderful analysis of The K2 from Tumblr, specifically about the characterization of Jeha, Anna, and Yoo-Jin. It is quite critical of the drama's writing, but I think it brings in a fresh new perspective! And the writer of the original post writes her thoughts out so eloquently! 

I just highlighted and bolded parts that I thought were really interesting.

Credit: dramatic-gwynne

My problems with Jae-Ha grow with every scene. I don’t like what he represents in the drama–patriarchal approval for what makes the right kind of woman worthy of love. He’s been given this weird stewardship over Anna to legitimize her existence as a power player when she doesn’t need it.

I do want to say that I love how much support and attention Yoo-Jin gets from the fandom. We never get this for lady villains. I am so excited to see it.

I haven’t talked a lot about Anna and that was probably a mistake because she needs to be talked about more. I just feel like her entire purpose as a character can be summed in the scene with the European designer, who sees her in the middle of the street, in a dirty and bloody nightgown, barefoot and sad, and declares her his muse because she is the pretty kind of sad. In a single instant, he infantalizes her, while simultaneously telling us that this is what is worth being worshiped as femininity–this purity of sadness. 

It continues in how the other characters speak about Anna–this poor child. It’s in the way they speak to her–you child, you aren’t grownup enough to understand. Jae-Ha speaks to her this way, too. (I have to slightly disagree with the poster here, he does tell her to grow up, but his words and actions don't match up. He still treats her like a child, he always wants her to get his permission before she does anything)

Yoo-Jin doesn’t, by the way, their scenes show the wolf inside Anna so well that I wish there had been more of them in the beginning so we, as viewers, didn’t have to view Anna as a soft princess, incapable of making her own choices, while protected in her tower. 

Anna has been held captive ever since she was born, trapped in either her mother’s house because of her father’s importance, trapped in a nunnery half a world away from her home, or trapped in a secret home, and I would say she’s now trapped (at episode 9, I haven’t watched past that) at her uncle’s home. Anna has every right to hate Yoo-Jin. Yoo-Jin probably killed her mother. Yoo-Jin is an evil queen and is fantastic.

Anna should go after Yoo-Jin and she should win. I have seen weaker female characters, do more with less, and have it be completely believable. An excellent example is Ji-Sook from Mask.

My problem isn’t that Anna is wielding a knife, my problem is the knife is Jae-Ha.

The drama has made a distinction, quite clearly, that women like Yoo-Jin are unworthy of (male) love and that women like Anna, because their sadness and pain is the safe kind of beautiful, they should be protected by men. And even when Anna wanted privacy for her emotions, she was not allowed it–by a man who thought he had the right to watch her joy while she made ramen.

Anna will probably get her revenge. It will be done softly, probably by Jae-Ha’s hand. Yoo-Jin will probably die and it will be incredibly gendered while no one sees the irony between her and Anna. Se-Joon will be redeemed simply because he’s a father and Yoo-Jin is a horrible wife. Jae-Ha will be absolved and purified by the innocence that is Anna’s sad love. 

And that’s what’s unrealistic to me.

Because, when women rage, it is not pretty, it is hard to stomach, and it is not easy to love. Women who rage are not muses to men. Anna deserves that kind of rage just as Yoo-Jin deserves the opportunity to change her ways. 

I don’t see it going that way.

What this poster points out has helped me understand why I find it so difficult to attach to the character of Jeha and his relationship to Anna. Time and time again, he has metaphorically taken away her agency and has been placed in charge of her own revenge.

So, no, I'm not disappointed that Anna didn't consult with Jeha before appearing in the TV show (though her over-reliance on her Uncle is bothering). He has decided to be by her side, that is his choice, and she has honestly revealed to him that she wants revenge against YooJin. If he wishes to stay by her side he has to accept that, he has to accept that Anna will be putting herself in danger and therefore her allies, aka himself, in danger. He needs to give her space to rage, rage against the unfairness she has dealt with her entire life. He should always try to guide her in a direction that is less destructive... but he can't take the lead and tell her what to do. If he can't stomach it or disagrees with it, he doesn't have to help her in her revenge... he can still protect her and love her... but he'll have to remove himself completely from her campaign against YooJin.

But it doesn't seem like Jeha will be doing that. In the scene where YJ and JH discuss his conditions for killing Assemblyman Park he makes YooJin promise not to hurt Anna and in exchange he will kill Park and also....

330e084c9bbad625094e5842f737ef2b.jpg

He promises this without consulting with Anna first!!!! What? He'll just make Anna give up on her revenge!!! Why does Jeha think it is appropriate for him to be talking for Anna? Jeha and Anna aren't one and the same... this was a WTF moment for me. "Jeha is the Mirror, Jeha is the Mirror" vibes

If this moment is suppose to show Jeha's "true" love for Anna then I'm not buying it.

But, if this moment is suppose to show that Jeha is playing two sides, then that would be believable and actually very interesting. That is the character I want from Jeha because it is the most believable for me. 

I believe that image of Jeha playing chess in the teasers is noteworthy. Everyone knows the most powerful player on a chess board is the Queen. But there are two Queens, the white Queen and the black Queen. Right now, Jeha has been and continues to play both sides of the chess board. He wants to free Anna from YooJin, but he isn't willing to completely go against YooJin. And since his motivation of "revenge for Raniya" has been exposed to be not so deep, or at least not as deep as his desire to protect Anna, one has to question why he is trying as much as possible for Anna to stop her quest for revenge. One could say he is doing it to prevent Anna from being in danger; but that isn't enough.

Anna has been locked up and "protected" from the world almost her entire life; if Jeha wants Anna to be truly free and live by her own choices not the choices of others, he needs to learn how, in a sense, to let go. Anna is in the real world now, she can't stay "pure" and "innocent" forever, not if she wants to be a woman with true agency.

2 hours ago, JaneP said:

But why did she go with the plan in the first place? She could have used a different method. What I am wondering about is that she so easily succumbs to the plan knowing the consequences. She is the chief of the JSS and it is easy for her to give the orders and go up against the one she does not like but she did not. That is why I do not find it romantic because of all her actions beforehand allowing the mission in the first place. And as soon as Jeha talked about Anna's safety, she knew he will go through with the mission. Mirror has all the dark secrets about Park Kwang-soo, I'm sure with a bit of work they get the evidences and then can destroy him and find a safer way to kill him. If Yoo-jin really likes Jeha as much as you point out, she would guide him to a revenge where he can live freely afterwards. But here she is: putting him in danger and even if he comes out alive, he will be on the run for the rest of his life. 

This was the best option according to the JSS president (who might be playing both sides, I'm not too sure...). Also, YooJin may love Jeha but she hasn't in any way tricked herself into believing Jeha loves her. This is the point their alliance has been building up to. Jeha has always wanted to kill Assemblyman Park... YooJin is in no place to deny him that. She isn't his lover and she isn't his leader (though on paper she is, that was never the case), she is only his ally, an ally that promised to give him the opportunity to kill Assemblyman Park.

Jeha knows what is at stake, he knows he could die and he knows that even if he doesn't die he could become a fugitive (though the fact that the whole JSS offensive team is helping him with this attack, means to me that YooJin and her people will try with all their power to hide the identity of whoever murdered Park or else they will be culpable for Park's murder), yet he has still made this choice, to protect Anna and get his revenge.

EDIT: I also wanted to add this quote which really illustrates the gravity of what YooJin did in this scene when she told Jeha that he could just come back.

This is the first time in the show Choi Yoi Jin is shown willing to compromise – and even to the point of letting go – her ambition and desires she have carefully built up for YEARS for the sake of someone else 

Credit: ribbonsed

Based on the events of the recent episodes, it is quite clear a character will soon be leaving us. And that is Secretary Kim. I would like to take this chance to pay tribute to her.

You were such a wonderful character to watch! So loyal (to a fault), resourceful, strong-willed, cruel, murderous, and caring all wrapped up into one package. You were a beautiful mess of a person, I wish we could have learned more about you. I particularly enjoyed seeing your sisterhood with YooJin and your love for that Madame! 

tumblr_ofh4x3TD8v1uukbkvo1_250.gif Walking like a #BOSS!

Credit: michyeo-sseo

Here are some lovely fan videos to commemorate Secretary Kim!

Spoiler

And I wanted to post the eng sub version of my favorite scene!!!

The last line of Jeha's might actually be mistranslated, or at least lack the nuance it deserves. banghae from Tumblr has a different translation, which actually sounds more poetic... "I believe in that."

tumblr_ofikn7rJua1uq4zv4o1_400.giftumblr_ofikn7rJua1uq4zv4o2_400.giftumblr_ofikn7rJua1uq4zv4o3_400.giftumblr_ofikn7rJua1uq4zv4o4_400.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_ofikn7rJua1uq4zv4o5_400.giftumblr_ofikn7rJua1uq4zv4o6_400.giftumblr_ofikn7rJua1uq4zv4o7_r1_400.giftumblr_ofikn7rJua1uq4zv4o8_r1_400.gif

tumblr_ofikn7rJua1uq4zv4o9_r1_400.giftumblr_ofikn7rJua1uq4zv4o10_r1_400.giftumblr_ofin6lwAyf1uq4zv4o1_400.giftumblr_ofin6lwAyf1uq4zv4o2_400.gif

tumblr_ofin6lwAyf1uq4zv4o3_400.giftumblr_ofin6lwAyf1uq4zv4o4_400.giftumblr_ofin6lwAyf1uq4zv4o5_400.giftumblr_ofin6lwAyf1uq4zv4o6_400.gif

Credit: banghae & banghae

Spoiler

What's with Jeha and the email... Jeez Jeha is being like Trump, keeps mentioning the email... lol

Dude... don't pretend... you know what's up. :smirk:

And was it just me, but when Jeha approaches, juuuusssttt close enough, I was thinking.. "Wow, Jeha... this b**ch ain't loyal."

"Hi my name is Jeha, aka K2, aka Chloe... the 'c' and 'l' are silent!"

54 minutes ago, perfectsmilebias said:

This was the best option according to the JSS president (who might be playing both sides, I'm not too sure...). Also, YooJin may love Jeha but she hasn't in any way tricked herself into believing Jeha loves her. This is the point their alliance has been building up to. Jeha has always wanted to kill Assemblyman Park... YooJin is in no place to deny him that. She isn't his lover and she isn't his leader (though on paper she is, that was never the case), she is only his ally, an ally that promised to give him the opportunity to kill Assemblyman Park.

Jeha knows what is at stake, he knows he could die and he knows that even if he doesn't die he could become a fugitive (though the fact that the whole JSS offensive team is helping him with this attack, means to me that YooJin and her people will try with all their power to hide the identity of whoever murdered Park or else they will be culpable for Park's murder), yet he has still made this choice, to protect Anna and get his revenge.

And since when is she listening to the president? He is just a puppet for her as anyone else. She is Yoo-Jin who is smart enough to find a better solution if she wanted to but she did not. 

And no matter the outcome, I'm sure part of the whole thing is to make Jeha the lone culprit. They have all it needs, his involvement in the Blackstone story back in Iraq. They can simply state that they, the JSS, is not responsible for their employees single actions.

Even through Jehs might be in it for the killing of Park Kwang-soo, I'm sure he would not have opposed an option where he gets both revenge and a life. Yoo-jin is intentionally gambling with his life. Not very romantic to me unless you like marsochistic love. 

Wow I got a lot of back reading to do my last post was on 137 and now you guy's had some lengthydiscussion way to page 157 and I missed out, Well off to catch up..

I did find these past two episodes cute but sad and Anna gave JH the orders to come back alive..

I knew Yj asst was jello because bYJ was spending to much time with JH and not her..    

Archived