In your opinion how old is too old to be living with parents?

Crunchyrunchy

Considering K-Drama's I would say it never get's old. Seeing as many in K-Drama's are staying with their (wealthy...) parents for ages.

In the real world however, it really depends on the situation. These days kids stay with their parents a lot longer due to costs of living and the cost of buying or renting a house/apartment. These costs seem to have skyrocketed in the past 10-20 years, making it difficult to live on your own. 
I know plenty of people who stuck with their parents untill at least their mid twenties. There are some who leave earlier (study at uni away from home) and some who stick around longer (ill parent).

I don't think there's a correct age to leave the house anymore. But if you want to date, some privacy would be nice. In that case, it's more convenient to have your own place. Also, men don't mind picking up their girlfriend from their parents' home, but as a man I would feel inadequate (either financially or well... my cooking would be real bad/I would be lazy as hell)  if I wasn't living on my own while dating. That independancy is more important to women than to men because most people feel that men need to take care of their wife and kids. Not having their own place means they're unable to care for themselves.

That is, unless there's a good reason like ill parents or something like that.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm 29 and I moved out this past year :phew:

I don't think there's an exact age because living expenses can be costly. If your S/O is living with his parents and contributing to the household in some form financially then I think it's OK but if the S/O is just living there rent free in mid-20's and up I think it isn't right.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for this post.

As you know parents give many things to their children and are directly involved in child development. No matter how old you are, you are still a child to them.

Like, last month my friend bought a new home for his parents near his neighborhood. Before buying home for his parents, he consulted with the real estate agent in Florida and he discussed all the personal issue. The attorney has suggested that if you already own a home and you need space, the best solution is to buy a home near your neighborhood. So, taking responsibilities and sharing the living cost with your parents is not a bad idea.

//MOD EDIT removed blatant advertising //

• 2 weeks later...

Archived