Shin Ae Ra

Guest jahye

Guest imeem2008

Great news Indomitable Daughters-in-Law is nominated at the 2012 International Emmy Awards under the Best Telenovela Category. Congratulations to the cast and crew on the nomination!!!
PS12101500132.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest imeem2008

Shin Aera's new SBS drama in May 2013! :)
http://www.ohkpop.com/106713/sin-ae-ra-in-sbs-with-ahn-nae-sang
Dz23xf59.jpg

Actress Sin Ae-ra is coming back to SBS for the first time in 7 years.

Producer of the new upcoming drama told W Star News, “Sin Ae-ra and Ahn Nae-sang will be a married couple at the start of the drama ‘My Ugly Brother‘”. Sin Ae-ra‘s last drama on SBS was “My Love” in 2006.

Apparently, Sin Ae-ra volunteered a special appearance in the drama because she purely liked the scenario.

This is the first time Sin Ae-ra acts with Ahn Nae-sang. Their acting will become the key to this daily drama.

This new drama collaborated by writer Jeong Ji-woo and producer Sin Yoon-seob is about a family that envies and disregards each other but at the same time understand and heal each other in the name of family.

Meanwhile, this drama stars Im Joo-hwanJung Da-binChoi Yoon-yeong-IKang I-seok and more.

• 2 months later...

July 10, 2013

Cha In Pyo & Shin Ae Ra, expressed their love  

Source: Innolife Korea

Cha In Pyo and Shin Ae-ra will make appearance in variety show for the first time in their 17 years of marriage. They showed off their love in SBS ‘Thank You’ which will be broadcasted on July 12. They could enjoy a walk without children talking about their story about family which was never revealed on air before.

Cha In Pyo said “It is the happiest moment for me to walk with you” expressing his love by giving her a piggy back and touching her on air. Their love story will be broadcasted on July 7 through ‘Thank You’.

July 13, 2013

Cha In Pyo gives an appreciation plaque to his wife

STARN News

Cha In Pyo gave his wife, Shin Ae Ra, an appreciation plaque.
Cha In Pyo's wife, Shin Ae Ra, appeared on July 12th broadcast of SBS 'Thank You', showing their unchanging love for each other, and Cha In Pyo gave Shin Ae Ra an appreciation plaque.
During the broadcast, Cha In Pyo kneeled down in front of his wife, and read down the appreciation plaque. He read, "Honey, where are you. Honey, get here quick. Honey, you smile a lot, talk a lot, your body shape is nice, and your heart is even nicer. It is vey great that I met you. Thank you for living with me. I love you, honey."
Shin Ae Ra said, "I really like it. How did you get the rhyme? This is what I wanted. I get more confidence and pride when I hear such expressions. On the other hand, I feel sorry that I cannot do anything more than that."
/Reporting by Kim Dong-Joo en@starnnews.com

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

October 10, 2013

Charity auction attracts fans of Korea’s top celebrities
By Lee Woo-young The Korea Herald

20131010001133_0.jpg
Visitors make a bid for items donated by celebrities at a charity auction held Thursday as part of Herald Design Week 2013 at exhibition space NEMO at Blue Square, Hannam-dong, Seoul. (Lee Sang-sub/The Korea Herald)
More than 30 items donated by Korea’s top celebrities went on the block at a charity auction held Thursday afternoon, on the fourth day of the Herald Design Week 2013. 
The auction was conducted as a silent auction in which participants submitted bids in writing. The bidding, held from 2-4 p.m., drew visitors looking for bargains and fans of some of Korea’s top celebrities on the lookout for items donated by their favorite stars.
“I chose a coffee cup designed by fashion designer Lie Sang Bong. It looks unique,” said Lee Jeong-yoon, who made a bid for a white coffee cup decorated with small red crystals. 
Some of the highlight items included actor Lee Byung-hun’s autographed DVD of the recent hit period drama “Gwanghae: The Man Who Became the King” (Masquerade), a red Louis Vuitton skirt donated by actress Kim Hee-sun, a jacket and a belt worn by the K-pop boy group Teen Top and stage costumes of the K-pop girl group Girl’s Day. 
All proceeds from the auction will go to Olje Foundation, a non-profit organization promoting learning through classics, according to organizers. 
“All proceeds will be used in publishing the classics, which will be distributed to a wide audience, especially young students,” said So Don-young, executive vice president of Artday. 
The items on the auction block were presented at prices that attracted diverse visitors to the Herald Design Market. 
“The auction is held at the Herald Design Market, part of the Herald Design Week. We receive such a diverse range of visitors here and we wanted to make them feel they could bid for their favorite celebrity,” said Park Chan-uk, one of the organizers of the auction. 

The auction presented caps donated by MC and comedian Kang Ho-dong, actor Jung-Joon-ho;clothes by actor Cha In-pyo, actress Shin Ae-ra, fashion designer Choi Bum-suk, and K-pop singer-turned-actress Eugene; jewelry from actor Lee Min-ho, Shinhwa and singer Bada and autographed CDs by Chang Kiha and the Faces band, 2PM and pianist Kim Sun-wook. 

• 6 months later...

April 23, 2014

Cha In Pyo-Shin Ae Ra Couple Pay Respect to Danwon High School Students at Temporary Memorial Altar
CJ E&M enewsWorld Choi Shin Ae  Translation Credit : Grace Danbi Hong
To pay respect to the many students of Danwon High School, who passed away on the ferry accident on April 16, actor Cha In Pyo and his wife and actress Shin Ae Ra visited the temporary memorial altar. 
The celebrity couple visited the Ansang Olympic Memorial Indoor Gymnasium in Danwon on April 23, where a memorial altar has been set up for the victims of the Sewol ferry disaster. 
64370002.jpg

It’s said that Cha In Pyo and Shin Ae Ra went to console the victims’ families at the mortuary after hearing the news about the accident. 
As the two are already known as active members of relief organizations, like Compassion, the couple’s most recent move drew much attention. 
In addition to Cha In Pyo and Shin Ae Ra, a countless number of Danwon High School students and citizens came to pay their respects at the memorial altar. 
Meanwhile, the ferry, Sewol sank on April 16 with 476 passengers near Jindo. According to the Central Disaster and Safety Countermeasures Headquarters, 174 people have been rescued, while the number of confirmed deaths has exceeded 150 with 152 more still missing. 
Photo Credit: enews DB, CJ E&M.

April 24, 2014

Star couple mourns for Sewol victims
By Jin Eun-soo, contributing writer INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

23202542.jpg

Celebrity couple Cha In-pyo and Shin Ae-ra visited a memorial altar set up in Ansan, Gyeonggi, yesterday to pay tributes to the students of Danwon High School who died in the Sewol ferry disaster. Yesterday morning at Ansan Olympic Museum, where the memorial altar was set up, the couple was spotted leaving after paying their respects to the deceased.
Many celebrities have paid condolences to the deceased, but Chan and Shin were the first to visit the altar. 
The temporary mourning altar opened to the public yesterday morning.

• 2 months later...

July 20, 2014
Shin Ae-ra announces retirement
Source: OSEN via Hancinema.net
201407210735778938_53cc45698c2e5.jpg

Actress Sin Ae-ra claims she's retiring.
She appeared on the SBS TV show "Healing Camp", 3rd year anniversary special.
Sin Ae-ra and her husband Cha In-pyo appeared in the show sometime in 2012 and caused a sensation with their ideas about sharing and donating.
Sin Ae-ra appeared in the 3rd year special episode and shared stories full of laughter, tears and even shocking announcements.
She said "Healing Camp" was going to be her final talk show before she leaves show business for a while.
The reason why can be seen on the 21st at 11:55PM.

July 23, 2014
'Healing Camp' Shin Ae Ra shows tears after reading Cha In Pyo's letter
Source: STARN News

20140722195510_53ce430e2dcd2_1.jpg
Shin Ae Ra showed tears after reading Cha In Pyo's letter.

On July 21st, actress Shin Ae Ra appeared on channel SBS' 'Healing Camp' as a special guest.
During the program, a letter from her husband, actor Cha In Pyo, was revealed.
Cha In Pyo wrote, "My dear, it has been 20 years since we got married. What did I mean to you during last many days?"
He went on, "For me, you were a closet. A closet that had all I needed whenever I opened it. You offered me warm coats, and gloves when I was cold. You offered me shorts when it was hot. You were my precious closet. You always cried for me, and smiled for me. You are the reason of my existence."
Cha In Pyo also wrote, "The closet grew quite old, and the doors sometimes squeak. However, you still are my closet. Thank you, and thank you again."
Shin Ae Ra showed tears while reading the letter, and she said, "I never thought that I was a good wife for him. If I had to evaluate myself as a wife, I would give a fail. I always thought about how it would be to have a wife like me, and I thought that I would get very lonely. I always feel sorry for my husband, especially when I look at him sleeping."
Meanwhile, Shin Ae Ra drew attention by telling that Cha In Pyo is not close to her ideal type at all.
/Reporting by Kim Hye-in en@starnnews.com

• 1 month later...

August 25, 2014
Shin Ae Ra's daughter makes an exposure about her parents' argument
Source: STARN News
20140824181423_53f9aceef2bb7_1.jpg
Shin Ae Ra's daughter made an exposure about Cha In Pyo and Shin Ae Ra's argument.
August 24th broadcast of KBS 2TV 'Superman Is Back' showed Lee Hwi Jae meeting Shin Ae Ra and her two daughters, Ye Eun and Ye Jin.
Lee Hwi Jae asked Ye Eun and Ye Jin if they have ever seen their parents having an argument, and Ye Jin said, "They had a big fight while I was asleep when we lived at Chungdam-dong."
Lee Hwi Jae said to Shin Ae Ra, "Don't fight with your husband when your kids are asleep," and Shin Ae Ra said, "My husband told me to not let you ask weird questions to the girls." 
Meanwhile, Lee Hwi Jae made Shin Ae Ra even more embarrassed by telling that Cha In Pyo and Shin Ae Ra's love story.

/Reporting by Kim Hye-in en@starnnews.com

• 3 months later...

December 8, 2014
Stars Deliver “Letters from Angels” in Support of Adoption 
by deedeegii soompi.com
Many stars, including WINNER, M.I.B’s Kangnam, Lee Dong Wook, Lee Kwang Soo, and more took part in the 12th annual photo shoot for photographer Jo Se Hyun’s “Letters from Angels” campaign, which is known to be a nationwide campaign for the purpose of increasing awareness and helping to spread the importance of adoption.
This project was first established in 2003, and this year, the campaign decided to focus on single male stars as advocates of the cause. The “Letters of Angels” exhibit is scheduled to open up this month from December 17-23.
Read what these stars had to share about their experience supporting such as great cause!

Spoiler

letters-from-angels-park-min-woo.jpg

Park Min Woo“I’ve always been deeply moved seeing seniors Cha In Pyo and Shin Ae Ra [adopt]. I think that’s why I naturally came to think about what I could do. I honestly think there’s a limit to the things I can actually do to directly offer a lot of help [to the cause]. I believe the role I can play is to help expand, so that those who work professionally in this field can move more efficiently. I hope Ji Eun can meet a good family and grow up like a princess, receiving a lot of love, so we can meet each other again someday.”

• 11 months later...

December 4, 2015

Top entertainers help the needy stay warm

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

Coal Bank, a local charity, said on Wednesday that actor couple Cha In-pyo and Shin Ae-ra, along with comedian Yoo Jae-suk, have donated to the charity so that it can provide charcoal briquettes for those in need. 

The charity said Cha and Shin donated 100 million won ($86,000), which was used to hand out 200,000 briquettes to 1,334 households in Seoul, while Yoo donated 40 million won that was used to deliver 80,000 briquettes to people in Seoul and Gangwon. Yoo had also donated to the charity in 2013 and 2014. 

Coal Bank has given out 700,000 briquettes so far, but its goal is to donate 3 million. People use the coals to heat their homes.

“I hope the good deeds of celebrities encourage ordinary people so that they will donate, too,” the Rev. Heo Gi-bok, who represents the charity, said. 

Cha and Shin, who were both big-name actors in the 1990s, got married in 1995 and have participated in various charitable activities. 

They also adopted two girls about a decade ago. 

By Sung So-young 

December 3, 2015

Cha In-pyo-Shin Ae-ra Couple & Yoo Jae-suk Donate Coal Briquettes For the Winter

Source: KBS Global

n_20151203e_02.jpg

Well known as do-gooders, celebrity power couple Cha In-pyo and Shin Ae-ra along with the nation's beloved MC Yoo Jae-suk donated coal briquettes for those in need for the winter season.

According to Babsang Community Welfare Foundation, the Cha-Shin couple have donated 200,000 briquettes this past November 18th. That's estimated to be worth about 1 million won in briquettes, enough to cover 25% of the households in Seoul that use coal for heating and cooking purposes

In addition to the couple's generous donation, MC Yoo Jae-suk has also done his share. He donated 80,000 coal briquettes on November 12th. This is estimated to be worth about 40 million won. Yoo has donated every year 20 million won to the organization since 2013. He has stepped up his gift, doubling his usual amount this winter.

Babsang Community Welfare Foundation shared that though it was hesitant in sharing the celebrities' good deeds, the organization decided to make it public in hopes of warming people's hearts with positive news. 

Archived