Shin Ae Ra

Guest jahye

Guest vicodin

yeah i agree with whoever said she doesnt look korean..

i really like her in icebars.. she and park ji bin played real good in that movie :)

thanks for making this thread.. she's really a great person.. inside and outside :)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loved her in Bad Housewife ^ ^...I'm glad that she leads the pack of other married actresses (like close friends Oh Yeon-soo and Yoo Ho-jung) in making a comeback in acting...I agree that they had to be represented too.anyway, her new look made her younger, the bangs suited her well :D

January 29, 2008

Cha In-pyo, Shin Ae-ra Adopt Another Child

e08012901bm9.jpg

Celebrity couple Cha In-pyo and Shin Ae-ra have adopted another child following their first adoption of a baby girl.

The couple adopted a 100-day-old baby girl earlier this month.

Cha said he and his wife didn't publicize their adoption because it was their second adoption and they were sure the news would spread naturally.

The couple married in 1995 and had a son before they adopted a daughter. They named their first adopted child Ye-eun and their second daughter Ye-jin.

Both babies were adopted via the Social Welfare Society.

Source: KBS World

http://world.kbs.co.kr/english/entertainme...ail.htm?No=7031

• 4 weeks later...
Guest sunsation

I heard that she's coming out in a talk show(?) called Good Morning(?) with her daughter... does any one kno a place to dl that preogram?? thanksand advance~

• 1 year later...

January 29, 2008

Cha In-pyo, Shin Ae-ra Adopt Another Child

080129ent2qh8.jpg

Celebrity couple Cha In-pyo and Shin Ae-ra have adopted another child following their first adoption of a baby girl.

The couple adopted a 100-day-old baby girl earlier this month.

Cha said he and his wife didn't publicize their adoption because it was their second adoption and they were sure the news would spread naturally.

The couple married in 1995 and had a son before they adopted a daughter. They named their first adopted child Ye-eun and their second daughter Ye-jin.

Both babies were adopted via the Social Welfare Society.

Source; KBS Global

http://english.kbs.co.kr/mcontents/enterta...4635_11692.html

January 29, 2008

Celebrity Couple Adopts Another Girl

By Kwon Mee-yoo

Staff Reporter

070129p18celebrityts2.jpg

Cha In-pyo, left, and Shin Ae-ra

Celebrity couple Cha In-pyo and Shin Ae-ra adopted a three-month-old baby girl, Jan. 2.

The baby, named Ye-jin, is the third for the couple ― they already adopted a one-month-old baby girl in December 2005 in addition to their first child, a boy born to them. The news was a surprise for Korean society where domestic adoption is still rare.

They have said that they gave birth to their adopted daughter not though their body but through their mind.

"We announced our first adoption to the public. But this is the second time and we expected the news to spread naturally," said Cha in a telephone interview with Yonhap News.

The two first met in the MBC soap opera "Love in Your Arms" (1994), where they starred as a couple. Married in 1995, the couple is known for their volunteer work.

Both of their adoptions were through the Social Welfare Society, where Shin is a volunteer. She is also a goodwill ambassador for Compassion Korea, one of the world's largest relief organizations.

Cha is waiting for the release of his latest movie "Crossing," while Shin stays at home for bringing up the kids.

Credits: meeyoo@koreatimes.co.kr

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/speci.../139_18169.html

January 30, 2008

[Talk of the town] Stork brings baby No. 3 to actors

Two celebrity lovebirds have added another chick to their nest

29211350rs9.jpg

Married actors Cha In-pyo, and actress Shin Ae-ra

Married actors Cha In-pyo, 41, and actress Shin Ae-ra, 39, adopted a 3-month-old girl as their third child. The couple has named the baby girl Cha Ye-jin.

“Through adoption, a child learns love and so does her new family,” Shin said.

The couple was inspired to adopt Ye-jin while volunteering at the Social Welfare Society, a government-funded organization. Cha and Shin are regular volunteers.

Ye-jin is the couple’s second adopted child. In 2005, Cha and Shin adopted a baby girl and named her Ye-eun. She is now four years old.

Shin also has a biological son, Jung-min, 11.

By Lee Eun-joo

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2885678

February 4, 2008

Celeb couple on board for adopting babies

03204058dn6.jpg

Cha In-pyo, left, and Shin Ae-ra with their adopted babies

in a composite. [JoongAng Ilbo]

Whoever says celebrity couples are only good for drama has never met Cha In-pyo or Shin Ae-ra.

The well-known actor duo, married since 1995, told the JoongAng Ilbo they adopted a three-month old baby as their third child last month through the Social Welfare Society, a government-funded organization. The couple was inspired to adopt the baby girl, their second adopted child, while volunteering at the organization. Their new daughter’s name is Cha Ye-jin.

“We thought it would be easier this time as we have adopted before,” Cha said. “But we were still nervous the day before we picked up Ye-jin.”

Shin, 39, had been interested in adoption even before she married Cha, 41. After she and Cha had their first biological child, a boy named Jung-min, now age 11, the couple adopted their first daughter, Ye-eun, now age 4, in 2005.

The couple named their children Ye-eun and Ye-jin, which mean “blessing” and “truth of Jesus,” respectively.

“I always envied families with sisters,” Shin said. “I think children won’t be lonely if they are raised together. Therefore, I decided to give Ye-eun a sister. When I imagine how Ye-jin will give us more pleasure and happiness, I feel so good.”

The couple’s initiative to adopt is surprising to some Korean people. In Korean culture, blood ties are seen as very important, so few Koreans choose to adopt. Thus, Korea has been nicknamed a “baby exporter” for sending so many orphans abroad. According to a recent report released by the Social Welfare Society, there were only 1,332 domestic adoptions in 2006, while 2,101 Korean children were adopted overseas.

“I once read in a book that it is better to adopt than to give birth,” Shin said. “We are so pleased to have adopted two children. This is all we want for now.”

The couple has promoted adoption in Korea and even won a presidential commendation for their charity work. Along with working with the Social Welfare Society, Cha and Shin currently support 27 children living in developing countries as Ambassadors for Compassion, a group that promotes children’s rights around the world.

The couple also contributes in philanthropy; they donate a part of their proceeds from appearing in television commercials to various charities.

By Hong Hye-jin JoongAng Ilbo [enational@joongang.co.kr]

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2885855

• 4 months later...

June 16, 2008

Cha In-pyo - Sin Ae-ra couple, absorbed in boxing

cand528200806152148300.jpg

Exercise together three times a week... display of affection

Cha In-pyo has been sweating in a boxing arena with his wife Sin Ae-ra for three weeks. In the midst of their busy schedules, they exercise together three times a day, taking care of their health and showing off their love. Cha In-pyo recently said, "A friend introduced me to boxing. I thought it was an extreme sport but it has good effects and it's fun, so I do it with Sin Ae-ra".

"After starting boxing, Sin Ae-ra jokes and puts on her boxing gloves and tells me to hit her if we have a fight. I've exercised a lot at fitness clubs, but boxing is better because we can both enjoy it".

Cha In-pyo, who used to be a leading 'best body', destroyed his body for the movie "Crossing". It was to show his character more realistically. He has finished filming and started exercising again. "Sin Ae-ra doesn't really like the muscular type. I thought that boxing would be more effective than building muscle".

Cha In-pyo is awaiting the premiere of "Crossing", which outlines the joys and sorrows of North Korean refugees' lives.

Original Korean article at news.empas.com

English translation courtesy hancinema.net

Guest roxxiiees

how does shin aera continue to look so gorgeous effortlessly??? after all these years???

must be the new family members. :):)

i believe the 2 girls will be much loved.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

SHIN AeRa is a kind hearted person, she will always look young and pretty from the inside and outside.

Recently I saw her appeared on one variety show - MBC [We Got Married]. AeRa is a good friend of HwangBo coz the two ladies worked together for many charity events.

Here's a pc

AR stood next to the with a green cap & the other lady wore glasses is Hwang Bo.

2q03qpu.jpg

this was a group photo, a bit small but I think you call find AR.

346okrq.jpg

pcs credit to guynhn @ soompi - Joongbo couple thread

November 21, 2008

Celebrity Couple to Receive Philanthropy Award

200811210007_00.jpg

Celebrity couple Cha In-pyo and Shin Ae-ra

Celebrity couple Cha In-pyo and Shin Ae-ra will be honored with the 20th Asan Special Award.

The Asan Foundation explained that the couple has contributed greatly to combating social prejudice by officially adopting two children, and devoting themselves to helping those in need by supporting 31 children across the world with continuous donations.

The couple said, "We never expected to receive the award, as there are so many people who are helping others in hidden places, but we are very delighted, because we can help more children with the prize."

They will be awarded a medal with 50 million won (US$1=W1,497) of prize money during a ceremony at Asan Education Institute in Seoul next Thursday.

The Asan Award aims to recognize philanthropic individuals or organizations, in memory of founder Chung Ju-yung. This year, 25 people, including the celebrity couple, will be awarded a total of 460 million won.

Credits: englishnews@chosun.com

http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/new...0811210007.html

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

April 5, 2010

Program Shows How to Become Gifted

By Han Sang-hee

Staff Reporter

100405_p14_program.jpg

Actress and celebrity mom Shin Ae-ra hosts the new program

"Tips to Become Gifted.'' The show that studies various Korean mothers

and their children airs every Thursday at midnight on cable channel Storyon.

/ Courtesy of Storyon

Being a mother in Korea requires many things. Not only do you have to be sure your kids get up early, eat breakfast and get ready to go to school, but you also have to check if they are keeping up with their studies. Institutes and tutors have helped such mothers in the education-driven atmosphere, but now they can tune into the program, "Tips to Become Gifted'' every Thursday night for more advice.

Hosted by actress and celebrity mom Shin Ae-ra, the show depicts five children ranging from ages seven to 11 with different personalities and backgrounds, working to become a gifted child. "I don't think starting early (to study) is good for children. The best environment we can give them is one that allows them to have fun freely. There are so many children who are great students, but then it hit me. Are they happy? From that moment, I tried to guide them to figure out what they wanted to do and to become more independent,'' Shin said during a press conference last week.

Every child is different, as is the child's mother and her method of care giving. The program picked five who may be able to represent Korean youngsters and gave them a timeline of 70 days. The children and their mothers will work with experts to examine their study patterns and personality traits so they can come up with the best way to achieve both their educational and personal goals. Instead of focusing on the definition of being "gifted,'' the show is aiming to bring out the potential that each and every child has inside. For the makers of the program, it's not about creating cookie-cutter talents, but understanding that each child is different and is capable of succeeding by doing different things.

During the first episode, the students were given a writing test and sent to individual rooms with their mothers. Not knowing that they were being filmed, the mothers showed their true personalities and styles of upbringing. One mother constantly told her son what to do, while another didn't seem to care how and what her daughter was doing. While a working mom was increasingly impatient, another, in contrast, patiently waited for her daughter to make her own decision. "This program will help mothers to discover their children's potential. I came to understand the dynamics of Korean mothers and their children through this program and now I realize what type I am,'' Shin, a mother of three, said smiling.

Along with samples of mothers and children interacting with each other, the show will offer tips and advice from experts, including a session on the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children, and how to guide a child to become gifted.

Many viewers may wonder about the most critical question of all: Will following such advice really make children become gifted? "The program doesn't offer education tips to become gifted. We simply introduce how to bring out the potential hidden inside every child. I have faith as a director that every child is gifted. The way we define 'gifted' is the difference, that's all,'' said Kim Chang-dong, director of the program.

Source: koreatimes.co.kr

• 3 weeks later...

April 21, 2010

Celebrity Couple Honored for Charity Work

2010041917055630102_183313_0.jpg

Celebrity couple Cha In-pyo and Shin Ae-ra will be honored with the fourth Pony Chung Innovation Award.

Created in 2006, the award comes from the Pony Chung Scholarship Foundation, which was established in memory of the late Hyundai Motor founder Chung Se-young. It recognizes individuals or organizations that bring about innovative and positive changes in politics, economics, society and culture.

The Pony was the name of Korea's first domestically produced passenger car, unveiled by Hyundai Motor in 1974. The vehicle proved a worldwide success and earned the Hyundai Motor founder the nickname "Pony Chung."

The foundation said it selected the celebrity couple for the award in recognition of their volunteering, charity and sponsorship activities. By openly adopting two girls the couple has contributed to ending prejudice against adopted children, it said.

The award ceremony will be held on May 11 at the headquarters building of Hyundai Development Company in Seoul.

Credits: englishnews@chosun.com

• 1 year later...

May 23, 2011

Cha In Pyo and Shin Ae Ra to Appear in ‘We Are Family’

Source: KBS Global

Star actors such as Cha In Pyo, Shin Ae Ra, and Yoo Sun and singers such as Sean and Park Ji Yoon will appear in a special program for Family Month entitled “We Are Family” on KBS 1TV.

7786_2602_l.jpg

Compassion Korea, which is an international aid organization for children, said on May 19, “Ten supporting entertainers of Compassion Korea will participate in filming the program ‘We Are Family’ on May 25.” Cha In Pyo will introduce a child head-of-household named Miriam from Uganda, and singer Sean will introduce an episode that happened during his trip to a tomb village in Cebu, Philippines with four teenagers who had mentioned that they had never had any dream in their lives. Sean said, “On Children’s Day, I had to leave heading to the Philippines, and I felt bad because I could not spend time with my own children, Ha Eum, Ha Rang, and Ha Yul. But when I arrived there and met children there, I came to have the thought, ‘Those children are also very precious just like my own children and I hope that more people could become family to those children.’” Actresses Um Jeong Hwa, Um Ji Won, and Ye Ji Won, and weightlifter Jang Mi Ran will send video message to ask people to participate in setting up one-on-one relationships with children who need help. Singers such as Park Ji Yoon and Hwang Bo, and actresses such as Lee Yoon Mi and Park Si Eun will sing singer In Soon Yi’s song “Dream of a Goose” together during the program. Music composer Joo Young Hoon, actor Yoo Sun, and singers Yoon Hyung Joo, Kim Jong Seo, and Koo Joon Yeop will also appear on the program.

“We Are Family,” in which many stars who support Compassion Korea will appear, will be broadcast on May 28 at 5:35 pm.

• 9 months later...

March 3, 2012

Celebrities to hold concert against China's repatriation of NK defectors

Source: koreatimes.co.kr

Some 30 South Korean celebrities will hold a concert in Seoul to urge China not to repatriate North Korean defectors, the event's organizers said Saturday.

The celebrities, including popular TV actor Cha In-pyo and his actress wife Shin Ae-ra, has recently formed an organization called "Cry with us" with 30 teenagers who defected from North Korea, to help defectors caught in China.

During the concert slated for Sunday at Yonsei University's main campus in Seoul, the group will issue a letter of appeal written in Korean, Chinese and English, urging Beijing not to repatriate North Korean defectors to their homeland, they said.

Tens of thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands, of North Koreans are believed to be living in hiding in China after fleeing their communist homeland in hopes of settling in South Korea.

The issue has drawn fresh media and public attention as China is reportedly moving to return dozens of detained North Korean escapees to their homeland where they are certain to face severe punishment or even execution. (Yonhap)

March 4, 2012

Celebrities hold concert to support North Korean defectors in China

By Claire Lee (dyc@heraldm.com) koreaherald.com

Amid growing public criticism of Beijing for forcibly deporting North Korean defectors to their home country, about 30 Korean celebrities were to hold a concert Sunday evening to urge China to stop the repatriations.

The concert at Yonsei University’s 100th Memorial Hall in Seoul was to be hosted by “Cry with Us,” an organization recently formed by celebrities including actor Cha In-pyo, his actress wife Shin Ae-ra, veteran singer Yoon Bok-hee, comedian Park Mi-sun and pop singer Ivy.

20120304000225_0.jpg

Some 40 university students protest against Beijing’s forcible repatriation of North Korean defectors to their repressive

home country, in front of the Chinese Embassy in Los Angeles, Friday. (Yonhap News)

Some 30 teenagers who defected from North Korea and currently live in Korea were to also attend the event.

The celebrities were to read a letter of appeal in Korean, English and Chinese, urging China not to repatriate North Korean defectors.

The celebrity group started their campaign to support North Korean defectors caught in China on Feb. 21 across from the Chinese Embassy in Hyoja-dong, Seoul. Last month’s event was co-hosted with Yeomyung school, a special school for North Korean defector students.

Seoul’s Foreign Minister Kim Sung-hwan on Friday renewed calls for China to stop the repatriations during a meeting with his Chinese counterpart Yang Jiechi.

Meanwhile, Rep. Park Sun-young of Liberty Forward Party, who had been holding a hunger strike across from the Chinese Embassy protesting China’s repatriation of North Korean defectors since Feb. 21 lost consciousness on Friday. She is currently being treated in hospital.

• 2 weeks later...

March 6, 2012

K-pop stars urge listeners to 'Cry With Us'

By Carla Sunwoo [carlasunwoo@joongang.co.kr] koreajoongangdaily.com

05172324.jpg

Cha In-pyo and Shin Ae-ra

30 Korean entertainers joined forced to host a concert to protest against Chinese government’s scheduled repatriation of North Korean defectors.

Actor couple Cha In-pyo and Shin Ae-ra joined entertainers Hwang Bo, Park Mi-sun and others on March 4 at Yonsei University’s Centennial Hall to show their support for North Korean defectors.

On behalf of Korean entertainers, the 30 representatives made a plea to the Chinese government and its citizens to not repatriate the 24 North Korean citizens who fled from their home country and are currently being detained in China.

“We stand here as brothers and sisters to the defectors who will surely face the death penalty upon being returned to the north. Is it a crime to leave you home country because you are starved?...All human beings are equally precious, even the defectors,” announced the entertainers in English, Chinese and Korean.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest imeem2008

I want to keep this thread alive because I love Shin Aera! I agree with the poster who said she's beautiful on the inside! Her physical beauty of course is too obvious not to be noticed! Anyway, I'll just be posting more pictures of hers :)

http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=015&aid=0002508245

b89726c9a56857070c44abc358bbe880.jpg

She was a guest at "Golden Fishery" and as I've understood it, she's nicknamed, "Phoebe Cates". She really looked cute even as a child!

http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=015&aid=0002508157

d9e9c71aaa94b75a6194af791484cdef.jpg

"Indomitable Daughters-in-Law" Press Conference. I know this is late already but if you wanted to know more about the story of this drama, you can search the title here at Soompi. I'm actually still waiting for it to be subbed in English.

http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=213&aid=0000132409

20110829_1314563680_29698000_1.jpg

SectionTV interview regarding her recent drama

Archived