[Current Daily Drama 2016] The Unusual Family 별난 가족 - Monday to Friday 20:25

hipeachi

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, sgfan said:

@yamiyugi thank you for your well wishes :)

I will also add this team of writers to my "banned list". In fact I will likely stop watching these lengthy daily dramas. Have to remind myself to watch only the shorter ones. 

Episode 122 was quite boring so now I've been disappointed for 2 days in a row. This is seriously gruelling. On the upside, there is (slow) progress in the schemes getting revealed to everyone. 

I tell myself to stick to a drama with a maximum of 50 episodes (like TGOWTS) from now on.:lol: TUF is turning us off with its stagnant and lame plot; just like bread that has gone stale or a pop soda that has lost its fizz. But sadly we still remain/stick around as we have come this far to give it up completely:sweatingbullets:.

As the drama progresses, SW is beginning to look more 'normal' than DY. At least with the predictable SW character, we viewers know her m.o.. DY started out as a feisty, hardworking, filial and smart woman who grew up in a village. But what has become of DY today? The exact opposite of all of the above. I guess when the lead actress has been reduced to such a pathetic state, the writers can only bank on SW to save the day/drama. More grueling times ahead I guess (sigh).

I have to agree @sk0317 about the plot being weak.  Who goes into another person's home, bedroom and sees a flash drive and puts it into someone's laptop to see what's on it? Not only that, what criminal smart enough to embezzle money to buy stock is stupid enough not to password protect the flash drive? The plot is so obvious that it really doesn't leave much to the imagination. To create an element of 'surprise', the writer gives just ridiculous characters. 

1.  Two married men who claim they are divorced; knowing they are not and trying to start or started a relationship with another woman.

2.  We then have the ex-wife and the mistress living in the same house and sharing he same bedroom.

3.  We have the stupid mother and daughter who threaten their husbands with divorce and was shocked when their husbands wanted to or take them up on the offer---not as special as they thought.

4.   We have stupid DY who can't stand up for anything but her stupid job. The owner of the company told her to quit, no one wants her there but the man she claimed to love, the man she lied to and handed him over to her own niece. She's fought harder to stay in the company than to stay in a relationship with DT.

5.   Then we have clueless detective KC. Really, this man is a police officer?

6.   KC's younger brother--pathetic to the core.......move on, you clearly see that SW isn't worth it.

7.  SW is just as stupid as her aunt.  Does she think that once she marries under a false name that all is well? What about her rich family she told them about? Does she think that DT will magically fall in love with her and want to keep her as his wife? Unless he registers the marriage, there is no marriage.

8.  DT is just sooooooo....... I can't believe a man is so easily manipulated. I've always said that he's too childlike for me.

9.  Jail--I do not see how SW and YJ can escape jail time. That should be automatic, however, this drama defies logic.

10. KC's family--I don't know who in their right mind would want to be an in-law in that disloyal family. 

11.  I won't even mention the crazy plot line of a "mother" blaming her sick one year old baby for the death of her grown son. smh.

This drama truly doesn't have any respectable characters---zero.

31 minutes ago, lclarakl said:

I have to agree @sk0317 about the plot being weak.  Who goes into another person's home, bedroom and sees a flash drive and puts it into someone's laptop to see what's on it? Not only that, what criminal smart enough to embezzle money to buy stock is stupid enough not to password protect the flash drive? The plot is so obvious that it really doesn't leave much to the imagination. To create an element of 'surprise', the writer gives just ridiculous characters. 

1.  Two married men who claim they are divorce, knowing they are not and trying to start or started a relationship with another woman.

2.  We then have the ex-wife and the mistress living in the same house and sharing he same bedroom.

3.  We have the stupid mother and daughter who threaten their husbands with divorce and was shocked when their husbands wanted to or took them up on the offer---not as special as they thought.

4.   We have stupid DY who can't stand up for anything but her stupid job. The owner of the company told her to quit, no one wants her there but the man she claimed to love, that she lied to and handed him over to her own niece. She's fought harder to stay in the company than to stay in a relationship with DT.

5.   Then we have clueless detective KC. Really, this man is a police officer?

6.   KC's younger brother--pathetic to the core.......move on, you clearly see that SW isn't worth it.

7.  SW is just as stupid as her aunt.  Does she think that once she marries under a false name that all is well? What about her rich family she told them about? Does she think that DT will magically fall in love with her and want to keep her as his wife? Unless he registers the marriage, there is no marriage.

8.  DT is just sooooooo....... I can't believe a man is so easily manipulated. I've always said that he's too childlike for me.

9.  Jail--I do not see how SW and YJ can escape jail time. That should be automatic, however, this drama defies logic.

10. KC's family--I don't know who in their right mind would want to be an in-law in that disloyal family. 

11.  I won't even mention the crazy plot line of a "mother" blaming her sick one year old baby for the death of her grown son. smh.

This drama truly doesn't have any respectable characters---zero.

Lol I agree with all your points. The show now is a messy combination of stupid and crazy. We may be going out of our minds ourselves by watching this. I hope tomorrow's episode is good enough to give us a satisfactory close to the week. 

I must've missed something, but does DT even know his aunt is pregnant? 

3 hours ago, sgfan said:

Lol I agree with all your points. The show now is a messy combination of stupid and crazy. We may be going out of our minds ourselves by watching this. I hope tomorrow's episode is good enough to give us a satisfactory close to the week. 

I must've missed something, but does DT even know his aunt is pregnant? 

Brilliant post and summary @Iclarakl! Unlike most dramas, there is no 'feel-good factor' after a tragic or sad happening in this drama. All the characters have flaws but most of them seem to be forever stuck in that slump/'miserable phase' and fail to break free. And none of them are equipped with problem solving skills and they will probably not survive in the real world. And how do I keep my sanity while watching TUF? By engaging with the wonderful posters on this forum, that seems to be the only consolation I get:).

Good observation @sgfan! IIRC DT still thinks his aunt has a 'stomach/digestive problem'.:sweatingbullets:

# On the other hand, DT might be too occupied worrying about the temptress SW telling him she is pregnant for a 'fling' he had no recollection of.

:grin: The more viewers dislike DY the better. She is such a ridiculous figure now. I watched a very short excerpt yesterday. DY ran into DT and SW, the weird couple then proceeded to make plans infront  of her. They passed her and she looked at them with the stupidest look I have seen in a long time. Did the writer and editor think we are going to be touched by her dopey look? Erase her please. 

58 minutes ago, maribella said:

:grin: The more viewers dislike DY the better. She is such a ridiculous figure now. I watched a very short excerpt yesterday. DY ran into DT and SW, the weird couple then proceeded to make plans infront  of her. They passed her and she looked at them with the stupidest look I have seen in a long time. Did the writer and editor think we are going to be touched by her dopey look? Erase her please. 

Yesterday, in one scene where DY was in DT's office to give him a final report on the JMR factory, SW barged in to talk to her conquest. DY noticed SW and left the office bowing to DT before turning to SW and giving her a bow too. IIRC DY has never done that in her previous meetings with SW. Is DY showing subservience to SW because she will soon be engaged and probably married to the heir of Bonjour?:blink:

12 minutes ago, sk0317 said:

Episode 124's Preview:

I never thought I'd like YJ again but how cool was he when he was questioning SW at the cafe? SW later countered that she has evidence of his crimes. The pace of today's episode is defintely better. 

DY deserves all of our hate yet again. She told YJ not to say anything :angry:

29 minutes ago, sgfan said:

I never thought I'd like YJ again but how cool was he when he was questioning SW at the cafe? SW later countered that she has evidence of his crimes. The pace of today's episode is defintely better. 

DY deserves all of our hate yet again. She told YJ not to say anything :angry:

KJW deserves our praise for his role in TUF. He is by far the most consistent and better actor among the whole TUF cast. I thought the quick-witted YJ's 'cross examination' skills were very good and cool too:).

Yes DY deserves all of our hate!:angry: Can we tell DY directly in her face to just 'Take a hike!' already? She is stepping in again to defend SW's lies by stopping YJ from telling DT the truth. Is anyone still buying the BS that 'SW really loves DT and she will kill herself if her lies are exposed' reasoning? Is DY OK with the DT/SW marriage if SW tells DT the truth about her identity? Or does she think SW will really come to her senses and what? cancel the engagement ceremony when it approaches? It does not make any sense!! I just watched the clips from today and I am so mad with her I am not even going to watch the full episode.

1 minute ago, Misstwilightfan1416 said:

LOL. DT looks really glum and unhappy here. JR and HR should see the expression on his face. Both women can't wait to receive SW as a new addition to the Sul family.

2 hours ago, sk0317 said:

ffice bowing to DT before turning to SW and giving her a bow too. IIRC DY has never done that in her previous meetings with SW. Is DY showing subservience to SW because she will soon be engaged and probably married to the heir of Bonjour

She has no brain, just a gap between her ears, that is why she bowed to a fake who unashamedly manipulated the dimwit of an aunt off a guy she loved. 

One has to have feelings to be human, is DY human? To be angry, humiliated, sad, but what DY is doing is so contradictory. I saw SA lending her shoulder to DY, so she is sad, but why is she putting up with Yhe snake's lies? Suicide? Let her die- SW and DY.

Episode 124 preview translation.

SW: My parents said that that was the only time that they were available, so the engagement ceremony will be next week.

DY: Why can’t you get your head straight? Aren’t you even sorry to the Director?

SA: I hear that you’re leaving.

MS: Once I leave, everything will settle down soon.

SA: Don’t go!

SW: Can’t you give me just a little more time? I’ll definitely pay it back. Why can’t you trust a person’s word?

YJ: What are you doing here?

SW: There was something I wanted to ask you earlier, but I forgot to do so. 

YJ: What is it?

SW: Make me some money.

So, DY, despite shoving DT as hard as she could at SW, doesn't actually want SW to get engaged to him? Huh? Whiplash? Bipolarity?

40 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

SW: My parents said that that was the only time that they were available, so the engagement ceremony will be next week.

DY: Why can’t you get your head straight? Aren’t you even sorry to the Director?

SW: Can’t you give me just a little more time? I’ll definitely pay it back. Why can’t you trust a person’s word?

So, DY, despite shoving DT as hard as she could at SW, doesn't actually want SW to get engaged to him? Huh? Whiplash? Bipolarity?

Many thanks @stroppyse for translation.

YJ shouln't loan money to SW and snatch away the USB from her hands. YJ shouldn't be intimidated for her. LSR should report  SW to the police for have used the credit card and throw her out of the apartment. Now  SA, DY, CJ are worried for a lier who can go to jail. They are unbelieavable fools.

24 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Thank you for the translations @stroppyse. DY is driving me crazy with her mindless and contradictory actions. Does she want DT to marry her instead and make arrangements for SW to live together with them just like GJ/KC/YS?

Sorry about not translating preview for episode 123, btw. I checked here a couple of times but didn't see the preview until I checked for the preview for episode 124. I assume that the preview for episode 123 isn't needed any more since episode 123 is showing today. If someone still wants me to translate the preview for episode 123, however, I'm happy to do so, but could you tag me so that I know to check the thread for the request? Or please PM me to let me know.

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

@0ly40 Thanks for the preview video and @stroppyse thanks for the translation.

I couldn't get past DY, the hypocrite, having the nerve to ask SW, "Why can't you get your head straight?"  Is she joking? Does DY really think she, herself, is thinking straight? Then DY also says, "Aren't you even sorry to the Director?" Really? DY has been lying the entire time to DT and deceiving him, it doesn't appear she felt sorry towards him.  That's why she's such a hypocrite. The writer has made DY more repulsive to me than SW. SW is just across and greedy, but willing to do anything to accomplish her goal. DY just comes across as a weak, unlikeable quitter. 

3 hours ago, lclarakl said:

@0ly40 Thanks for the preview video and @stroppyse thanks for the translation.

I couldn't get past DY, the hypocrite, having the nerve to ask SW, "Why can't you get your head straight?"  Is she joking? Does DY really think she, herself, is thinking straight? Then DY also says, "Aren't you even sorry to the Director?" Really? DY has been lying the entire time to DT and deceiving him, it doesn't appear she felt sorry towards him.  That's why she's such a hypocrite. The writer has made DY more repulsive to me than SW. SW is just across and greedy, but willing to do anything to accomplish her goal. DY just comes across as a weak, unlikeable quitter. 

Episode 124 was actually pretty funny. At least the first few minutes which was about all I could take of it. 

So, YJ finds out and checks with DY. At least DY didn't lie to YJ, I guess. So, then DY begs DT to keep SW's secret. Really? Then when SW is screeching that DY was the one who told YJ, not only does DY deny it, she goes on to reassure SW that she asked DT to keep her false identity a secret. ROFLOL. Actually, if I had the time to waste I think it could be fun to watch this again. Now that I don't care about any of the characters and have no expectations of anything making sense, it's kind of entertaining to watch the over-reactions, though it's a bit like watching a car wreck and being grateful that I personally don't know anyone that's involved in it (i.e. act like people in this drama). Plus, I realized that I didn't have to actually watch the whole thing to actually get back into the story if I wanted to. It's not as if there was a continuity to be aware of anyway.

Having said that, too much else to do to want to spend any time on this drama. I feel a bit of regret because I had come to like SJH as DT in the early and middle stretch before he became such a spineless twerp. Maybe he'll get a chance at a decent role in a drama that I'm willing to watch, though based on this drama, I won't hold out hope for that any time soon. 

Archived