[Thai BL Series 2016-2018] SOTUS The Series S1 & S2 พี่ว้ากตัวร้ายกับนายปีหนึ่ง

WeLoveSoompi

6 hours ago, dustinmyeye said:

Not sure I would go that far. The third and fourth episodes with all that chasing Dae stuff really annoyed my head. Whatever happened to that pointless plot that took up so much time ?

I think it will make a comeback in the last episode  and they are only friends.

On the other hand,  Pyong and Nine seem the new couple to root for in this season.

On 3/3/2018 at 5:25 AM, fabulousyogi said:

You can download them from YouTube. 

Yes but every episode is divided in four parts and they I have to put them  together. I don't have thst much time....

7 hours ago, dustinmyeye said:

Not sure I would go that far. The third and fourth episodes with all that chasing Dae stuff really annoyed my head. Whatever happened to that pointless plot that took up so much time ?

I have blocked those episodes from my memory!!!:o I don't understand why they wasted so much time/effort on these extra couples when they could have focused on the issues for the main couple! 

I just didn't like how they NEVER EVER TALKED about their problems. All we got was a rehash of S1 with Kong essentially back in P'Dear's wedding trying to keep away from Arthit and Arthit doing the "chasing". It's like they ran out of original material or never ever seen a real couple who actually COMMUNICATE with each other, even if it's screaming and cursing. 

This was a mess with some cute moments that I did enjoy. I was mostly frustrated with the way it was presented to us. I have no problem when these two are being "cute" with each other, but it was hard to believe that they were a couple nearing 3 years of a relationship. I think I had a better relationship with the dead plant in my office left behind by my HR manager...and that's saying something since I am not a greenthumb person. 

Anyone want to place bets that the next and last episode is going to have all three couples riding into the sunset on their white horses? Anyone? No? Okay that must mean this margarita I'm drinking is finally taking effect. :tongue:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mel_Rios said:
Spoiler

We don't have many second seasons from Thai BLs so far. And in fact, the once we have were great...!

Think of Love Sick... or Make it Right (the only 2 Thai BL with season 2 that I know so far...)

And even the story of Korn & Knock (Bad Romance & Together with me) was pretty good in both series, despite the lack of matching from some important main issues.

Why is Sotus S so bad compare to Sotus...? Because this couple was not mean to have a second season, and the author BitterSweet did it out of pressure and without any good ideas for it.

At least we have a good example now about a bad 2 season for a Thai BL series - LOL

Cheers...!

Well then it's just me because I didn't really like the few second season of Thai BL we had ... oops xD'' 

** but I did kind of like Together with me tho

6 hours ago, Harunacamelia said:

Anyone want to place bets that the next and last episode is going to have all three couples riding into the sunset on their white horses? Anyone? No? Okay that must mean this margarita I'm drinking is finally taking effect. :tongue:

I think that will sum it up nicely and I am off the vodka for days :tears:. I think we will find though that it will be a big get together with all the other cast members that we haven't seen in months. An evening at Bright's Bar. It is ironic that the episode that I really disliked in Season 1 was the last one, where we had jumped forward in time. I remember saying then that they did not behave like a couple - and this season has proved the point.

All I am hoping for now is that they call it a day, realise that this was a mistake and we don't get Season 3. Your place or mine then for next weeks drinking session ? :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kimberly12 said:

I think it's unnecessary for Arthit to announce to everyone his relationship with Kongpop. I just wish for him to quietly hold Kong's hand when Kong comes down from the stage or say some words to show that he's 100% in for this relationship. To me, love is a private thing. 

The episode feels so rush. I don't see clearly the impact of Kong leaving on Arthit. Him running on stage felt like a random thing or some heat-of-the-moment. This episode is supposed to be the climax, right? I can't feel it.

My guess is that the last episode will be pink and rosy from start to finish. Their biggest issue which is lack of communication will be completely ignored like it has always been. There will be a kiss and fans will rejoice.

7 hours ago, heartlessgirl said:

Just watched the episode and couldn't agree more. This climax didn't feel like one. And also why making all these public gestures when he could have solved everything in private with everyone directly involved or concerned. His biggest answer should have been their everyday gestures not running to Kong out of nowhere in the middle of a company party. 

And yes for a couple that has been together for almost two years they have the level of communication of two strangers who decided to start dating five minutes ago.

If the pair had only taken the time to have the discussion in the hall, it would have been clear that Kongpob was ending his time with the firm anyway. Therefore he wouldn't be there to add to the gossip. Arthit's life would have gone back to being almost normal. He was getting support from Tod and although she didn't really say much Earth is in the know and appears to be okay with the idea.

The damage had been done - but as the scene in the canteen showed, "John has been sacked" ; Arthit and Kongpob, youse are so yesterday's news.

Arthit had no need of a public announcement, Those that wanted to see the photo or listen to the gossip had already done so. I couldn't understand the shock on people's faces. A photo of two guys kissing is often an indication that they are doing more than exchanging lip balm.

But ultimately, for me, the photo wasn't the issue. The photo is about how they present their relationship to others. The issue for me is why does Kongpob keeps Arthit in the dark about pretty much everything ? What is the relationship to/between each other ?

I think that Kongpob returned the gear and walked out because that was a sad cute moment. What should have happened was that Arthit finally lost his temper and they had a blazing row that could be heard the length of the university. Kongpob made the point - you are always moaning that I don't tell you anything. And yet he then continues in the same way but on bigger issues, like where he works and lives.

Basically the writing sucks. The stupid thing being, that now Arthit has made his gesture I want them to get back together again - but definitely with a different writing team :)

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Mel_Rios said:

Why is Sotus S so bad compare to Sotus...? Because this couple was not mean to have a second season, and the author BitterSweet did it out of pressure and without any good ideas for it.

Well you can't say that the fans were not giving her hints. What was going to happen when the families found out ? How would the pair cope when Arthit started working ? The old worry of Arthit about Kongpob wanting kids. Should they move in together ?

I have enjoyed the Arthit at work story. John was an acceptable villain though more could have been done with him. As for Kongpob, did we really need him in this season ? Oh that's right, he saves the day by getting his Da to produce the goods. But Arthit could have done that on his own - it isn't as though he knew that he was dealing with Kongpob's father in any case.

The biggest failing of Sotus S...ks is that BitterSweet doesn't know how to write a story about a couple that are already/now together. Even Em and May. As soon as they made it clear that they were an item - never heard of again. All very sad. Thankfully the actors will not get a hard time from people like me at their fan meets :)

6 hours ago, Mel_Rios said:

(1) That has been the main problem since Sotus...I believe the only thing Kongpob truly knows about Arthit after over 2 years is that he likes to drink that pink milk. I mean: can you base your love relationship on buying pink milks for your "boyfriend"...?

(2) I believe the return of the gear was the best thing to do; after asking Arthit for the second time what was he thinking... and yet Arthit couldn't say a F*****g word. ..But this is BitterSweet... writing such a bad script...!!

(3) A waist of time... Did this scene showed anything...?? Not to me.

(4) I would have done the same...(thank God I am not a BL character but a real me - LOL)

I mean: Kong asks his boyfriend an essential question on the nature of his feelings for him ... Silence is mostly an answer... as it means mostly not even knowing what to say...!! ...which is what Arthit is doing with Kong once again (he did it also in Sotus... remember?)

(5) That is going to be the most annoying scene in this entire Series....!! Arthit can't talk to Kong privately... deal with their differences, talk then thru... Oh no... He always has to make a huge public event of this...??? WTD...!!

Here I go with your last idea: Kong pulling away and leaving Arthit make a fool of himself on that stage...!! This idea is awesome...!! Kong should do that...!!

(6) Because this is a lousy boys love fiction by BitterSweet. LOL

(1) Are there different varieties ? You can take all the time you like getting to know me over good bottles of malt whisky !

(2) You are right. The script is rubbish. For a moment when we looked back at the scene where Kongpob was walking behind Arthit, I thought,  they are going to add a wee bit here. Arthit will say something that explains everything : nope, didn't happen. Arthit, silent as ever.

(3) It could be argued that we all know that Arthit does love Kongpob but as the script refuses to put his thoughts into face to face communication we have to have hints.

(4) Kongpob would have been leaving in any case - his internship was over. How many times since he moved in next door have we seen Kongpob pop round to Arthit's room ?. When they were working on the project, how many times did we see them in Arthit's room late at night putting the finishing touches to their ideas ? Young keen guys - you take it home with you. Living next door was a pointless exercise. If Arthit hadn't seen Kongpob with the boxes he may never have realised that Kongpob had moved in next door.

(5) Fan service, pure and simple. I like Arthit, he just wants to live out his life without too many complications. He didn't need to get on the stage. Interestingly, I am thinking that is twice that he has been forced (by the writers) to make the statement and on neither occasion has he consulted Kongpob beforehand. Out yourself, you out your partner.

(6) I miss the Pinkmilk Forum for a more balanced vision of the series (though that might not have happened there either). I have noticed that Delightful's subs have not been as rapid as they used to be (not a complaint, a mere observation) and the commented versions have had very few comments recently. 

Only one more episode and it is going to be a 3D, rose tinted, full surround sound, Imax, cuteness-fest.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, dustinmyeye said:
Spoiler

The biggest failing of Sotus S...ks is that BitterSweet doesn't know how to write a story about a couple that are already/now together. Even Em and May. As soon as they made it clear that they were an item - never heard of again. All very sad. Thankfully the actors will not get a hard time from people like me at their fan meets :)

As for me, my favorite part in a love story, is how the guys get together.. 

I do also like to see their 'everyday life', but only as a bonus episode, not a whole season.... (that's just my 'taste' tho)

So that's why I thought that the first season would have been 'enough', in my opinion. 

17 hours ago, Mel_Rios said:

Hmm... Did I miss something here....?? 3 couples...? So far I only got 2:

Kong & Arthit

Nai & Yong (which are not yet an item; even if they feel something for each other... after all... Nai is from Chiang Mai... and that is a long way down to Bangkok... specially since the internship is over now).

I am not sure who should the the 3rd you are talking about:

Earth & Tod...? - Please, don't...! He is really cute... get him someone better... P'Earth is not into him. She doesn't look at him with tender in her eyes, the way he does for her.

May & M...? How long is it been since the last time we saw them...? Feels like ages...! LOL

I guess the third couple us the stydent and the hazer I wish I'm wrong

14 hours ago, dustinmyeye said:

If the pair had only taken the time to have the discussion in the hall, it would have been clear that Kongpob was ending his time with the firm anyway. Therefore he wouldn't be there to add to the gossip. Arthit's life would have gone back to being almost normal. He was getting support from Tod and although she didn't really say much Earth is in the know and appears to be okay with the idea.

The damage had been done - but as the scene in the canteen showed, "John has been sacked" ; Arthit and Kongpob, youse are so yesterday's news.

Arthit had no need of a public announcement, Those that wanted to see the photo or listen to the gossip had already done so. I couldn't understand the shock on people's faces. A photo of two guys kissing is often an indication that they are doing more than exchanging lip balm.

But ultimately, for me, the photo wasn't the issue. The photo is about how they present their relationship to others. The issue for me is why does Kongpob keeps Arthit in the dark about pretty much everything ? What is the relationship to/between each other ?

I think that Kongpob returned the gear and walked out because that was a sad cute moment. What should have happened was that Arthit finally lost his temper and they had a blazing row that could be heard the length of the university. Kongpob made the point - you are always moaning that I don't tell you anything. And yet he then continues in the same way but on bigger issues, like where he works and lives.

Basically the writing sucks. The stupid thing being, that now Arthit has made his gesture I want them to get back together again - but definitely with a different writing team :)

Earth already implied she knew the nature of the relationship between Kongpob and Arthit, but she said it only to Kongpob. However Arthit told her about not knowing about who Kongpob's father was as if she were one of the members of the close circle around the couple.

AND yes if they were going for a second season they should have looked for more writers. 

17 hours ago, Mel_Rios said:

Hmm... Did I miss something here....?? 3 couples...? So far I only got 2:

Kong & Arthit

Nai & Yong (which are not yet an item; even if they feel something for each other... after all... Nai is from Chiang Mai... and that is a long way down to Bangkok... specially since the internship is over now).

I am not sure who should the the 3rd you are talking about:

Earth & Tod...? - Please, don't...! He is really cute... get him someone better... P'Earth is not into him. She doesn't look at him with tender in her eyes, the way he does for her.

May & M...? How long is it been since the last time we saw them...? Feels like ages...! LOL

Tew-Day :wink:

15 hours ago, dustinmyeye said:

I think that will sum it up nicely and I am off the vodka for days :tears:. I think we will find though that it will be a big get together with all the other cast members that we haven't seen in months. An evening at Bright's Bar. It is ironic that the episode that I really disliked in Season 1 was the last one, where we had jumped forward in time. I remember saying then that they did not behave like a couple - and this season has proved the point.

All I am hoping for now is that they call it a day, realise that this was a mistake and we don't get Season 3. Your place or mine then for next weeks drinking session ? :)

My place i'm stocked up with all types of liquors/spirits/beers!

Here Here on that last note! I hope all other BL writers/Directors realize that rushing series so they can get more money isn't always going to work. Someone mentioned Make it Right 2 (that was another disastrous drama where someone dropped the ball on those stories. What a fucke$& of a series)...

I'll always have a sweet spot for Kong and Arthit from S1, so I'll just read stories on wattpad and enjoy the better development of their relationship there, seems like bittersweet could use a brushing up or two by visiting some fanfiction sites and getting some pointers on HOW to develop her characters for next time around. :ph34r:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Harunacamelia said:
Spoiler

My place i'm stocked up with all types of liquors/spirits/beers!

Here Here on that last note! I hope all other BL writers/Directors realize that rushing series so they can get more money isn't always going to work. Someone mentioned Make it Right 2 (that was another disastrous drama where someone dropped the ball on those stories. What a fucke$& of a series)...

I'll always have a sweet spot for Kong and Arthit from S1, so I'll just read stories on wattpad and enjoy the better development of their relationship there, seems like bittersweet could use a brushing up or two by visiting some fanfiction sites and getting some pointers on HOW to develop her characters for next time around. :ph34r:

when fanfictions are better, you know that they messed something up lmao :D:D

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

I watched last episode raw and it's kinda cute :D Final kiss was nice <3

Overall I liked the vibe of this series it wasn't that bad imo:D And I really like Krist and Singto... Krisit after losing some weight looks soo fine! I will miss them as a couple and will be waiting for their next projects... 

About Prison Playbook... Hmm... This is a really, really good drama, but you shouldn't think about it as a bl drama or something. There was only one scene and you can see nothing... It's only implied what is happening :wink: There is a lot of bromance but it's all. I recommended watching this drama, not because of this things but just simply because this drama is good! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mel_Rios said:

Well... EP 13 Season Finale is about to start... THANK GOD....!

After this we can finally put this series aside and move on with better choices

(nothing against the actors; they did what they were told to do).

If you guys are wondering what would be great to watch to "forget" this terrible Sotus S I could recommend a Korean drama name "Prison Playbook". It is not mainly gay, but it feels like it is... and the plots in it are simply amazing:

I need to check if there is a thread here for this series....

Alright... let's talk later about the sinking of "Sotus S"

Cheers....!

If it's just "feel like" it isn't...

and if you don't like Sotus you know you don't have to watch..why so much complaining??

I am bittersweet about the show ending, but it was such a cute ending that peck at the end & the combined gears. 

6Nq1IMi.gif

Xpwb7Ef.gif

I will miss KongThit and Peraya always together but like what Krist said, "although sotus will end Krist and Sing won't end" We can only hope for season 3 or a very special episode! Or their own show like OffGun!

• Like 3