[Thai BL Series 2016-2018] SOTUS The Series S1 & S2 พี่ว้ากตัวร้ายกับนายปีหนึ่ง

WeLoveSoompi

1 hour ago, dreadaeleonkvothe said:

If you want to read it you should join the Line chat for international SOTUS fans :) Someone has kindly translated some chapters on there for us. 

Could you share it with us here? Or maybe give a link to it? Very much appreciated

• Like 7

9 hours ago, tsoon0708 said:

So, MaPrang was totally crushing on Arthit here, wasn't she?

And Then Kong gives us this face...

Reveal hidden contents

Aww, and he's so torn between being polite and being jealous. Poor boy.:wub:

Ikr even tho i saw the unsubbed ver. I could totally feel it

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, tsoon0708 said:

So, MaPrang was totally crushing on Arthit here, wasn't she?

And Then Kong gives us this face...

Hide contents

Aww, and he's so torn between being polite and being jealous. Poor boy.:wub:

As far as I see, her character seems to have crush to every cool guys. lol No worry.

Did we miss this? I think we do.

CuRLjcYVYAIG3qz.jpg

• Like 19

3 minutes ago, Kate Kang Sunyalux said:

As far as I see, her character seems to have crush to every cool guys. lol No worry.

Haha, yeah. Poor Kong doesn't know. :sweatingbullets:

Uhm, stupid question, but... can you guys actually the two screencaps I posted? Because I can't. To me they only show up in my reply box but not in the post after I submitted it...

• Like 4

hope like some say the beach part would be longer in uncut version if not it truly fail editing/directing by the staff since it could have been really great scene if done right :P

i really like Singto acting in this ep like there just so much emotion/confusion/anger to himself/guilt etc

i really hope the heart to heart talk not gonna be rushed and shown nicely..

i don't mind getting 1 more ep of the beach since it nice to have scenes outside school for once with just the student have fun :P

awww so the gear mean heart and Kong giving his heart for Arthit to keep smart way of confessing lol

regarding Prem/Wad i would just wait and see...if they gonna respecting the novel that mean Em&May not gonna happen as well since isn't the novel don't have that otp so they do change some thing :P

their moment in ep8 is just wayyy to short to over judge the meant...it could be just bromance or it could lead for more but might just leave as open interpretation until end since they gonna more focus on main couple + Em/May...beside from what i see Wad is more reserve,cool and don't show his emotion much so i can't say he not feeling anything but there definitely something change just need more screentime and moment to judge since that one minute moment is super short lol

• Like 11

16 minutes ago, Kate Kang Sunyalux said:

Did we miss this? I think we do.

CuRLjcYVYAIG3qz.jpg

I can see why Singto hated filming this episode... I wonder how many takes that took and how much water he swallowed :lol:

I hope this scene is in the uncut. 

• Like 6

I see a lot of disappointment...lol that's why I am not interested in reading the novel just yet. You can never ever ever produce a novel as well as your imagination. It just isn't possible. Even Addicted (which is like the holy grail of bl dramas) can't compare to it's novel counterpart. I am legit saving all the novel translations to be read once the drama is done so I don't set myself up for disappointment.

On the other hand...why is Kong so cute??

tumblr_oepnyowZeO1vtisrzo1_500.gif

ugh!!

7 hours ago, cadburygirl said:

Thanks to @jaelephy for the tut on .gifs on causatious. I've been away from PS for a long time so a bit rusty. :D  :wub::heart:

Feel free to use if you like it. :D

Cadbury9.gif

lmao nice to know you found it interesting...I was not even sure if it was clear enough. I was just recording what I was doing. 

• Like 12

48 minutes ago, jaelephy said:

I see a lot of disappointment...lol that's why I am not interested in reading the novel just yet. You can never ever ever produce a novel as well as your imagination. It just isn't possible. Even Addicted (which is like the holy grail of bl dramas) can't compare to it's novel counterpart. I am legit saving all the novel translations to be read once the drama is done so I don't set myself up for disappointment.

haha yeah the biggest problem with novel adaptation to drama/movie they will always get compare to the original source and it super rare to find novel/manga fans who is satisfied with live adaptation since the original is always the best...things always change when being turn into drama so most other thing not included can only be left in reading lol

im glad im not reading the novel yet only some short trans here and there so im can't even comparing..even other live action such as Love Sick and Harry Potter i haven't read the full novel so when novel fan get disappointed im just enjoying the product since i have zero expectation lol...

just most people in this ep only get disappointed with bad editing from drama team of what could have been amazing scene :P

• Like 8

3 hours ago, tsoon0708 said:
Spoiler
4 hours ago, dreadaeleonkvothe said:

Spoiler:

The reason Arthit gets mad when those two guys are acting at the front is because they are acting out the time Kong told Arthit that he would steal the gear by making him his wife. And I think Kong turned and talked to Em and Oak about how he didn't know they were gonna act that out and he's worried because he doesn't want to make Arthit mad. He already feels so bad and unhappy about making Arthit mad at him so much lately. He's frustrated that he can never talk with Arthit without making him mad and feels guilty about it.

Oh and P'Dear just told Kong about the meaning behind the gear (I think it was something like: since it's so difficult to get the gear, the gear carries with it a lot of meaning for engineering students and so it symbolizes their heart... I could be saying that in the wrong way, but that's how I understood it). NOW ARTHIT AND KONG ARE GONNA HAVE A HEARTFELT CONVO AND KONG IS GONNA GIVE ARTHIT HIS GEAR!!!!! :wub: And later Arthit will ask P'Dear about what it means and spit up his beer when he hears the answer! :lol: 

Edit: because at first when Kong tries to give it to Arthit, Arthit thinks that Kong is just returning/getting rid of the gear and he gets mad. But Kong tells him to ask P'Dear about what it means.

Edit: oh... I guess they'll continue the rest of that chapter in the next episode :)

Thank you so so so so sooooooo much for explaining this part. I'd been wondering what P'Dear had told Kong there. Kongs face looked so excited after hearing him explain the gear!

How come Arthit doesn't know the meaning of the gear? Does every engineering student interpret it a different way?

Spoiler:

Spoiler

I'm not sure why Arthit didn't know the meaning of the gear.. But I think that the reason why P'Dear talked to Kong longer than the others is because he was talking to Kong about the possibility of him joining the hazing team in the future. Perhaps P'Dear decided to take the extra time to tell Kong about the meaning of the gear because he thought that Kong would be a good candidate for the hazing team in the future. That's just my guess :) But in the novel P'Dear does talk to Kong about joining the hazing team in the future... at least from what I read. Haha sorry I feel like my writing is always too wordy and a long rambling thing... :P Hopefully that's helpful ^^

• Like 14

On 08/10/2016 at 3:56 PM, salz said:

haha yeah the biggest problem with novel adaptation to drama/movie they will always get compare to the original source and it super rare to find novel/manga fans who is satisfied with live adaptation since the original is always the best...things always change when being turn into drama so most other thing not included can only be left in reading lol

im glad im not reading the novel yet only some short trans here and there so im can't even comparing..even other live action such as Love Sick and Harry Potter i haven't read the full novel so when novel fan get disappointed im just enjoying the product since i have zero expectation lol...just only get disappointed with bad editing of what could have been amazing scene :P

lmao I read novels afterwards mostly. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jaelephy said:

lmao I read novels afterwards mostly. I am a book addict so I can't resist. some of my novels got d.e.s.t.r.o.y.e.d when they were adapted to movie. Confessions of a shopaholic and Duff (especially this one) are the worst offenders. Since then, if I have read the book...I don't watch the live action. And I always make sure I never read the book if I am watching the movie or drama first.

i don't read much novel since im more a manga fans lol..i think the only novel got me interested since childhood is Enid Blyton works and Sherlock Holmes...i actually bought Harry Potter after finish the movie but still haven't open the book to read lol

well just hope the next 8 ep left of Sotus gonna included most important stuff that the readers love ..i don't really know since i have no idea how long the novel&what going on but as long as my otp get much screen time im just easy to pleased lol...that why im looking forward to them talking in beach next ep hopefully the talk is longer..i feel this drama seem to focus more about the hazing, student and school life more than the actual romance but hope since hazing end there more development of otps..i don't really mind they took the romance slow and steady since it pretty realistic just hope they give satisfying ending and not rushed :P

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, jaelephy said:

Yeah you can't have every single detail of a scene that is described in the novel in the show.... At least so far they put all the scenes even if they took out some details... 

• Like 5

@dreadaeleonkvothe  @tsoon0708 Yeah I doubt that also. I think all engineer students should know that. I was an accounting student and we know very well about this. We thought it was so cool having your bf's gear and wear as necklace (yeahh those gf usually do like that and it's so stupid why you show ppl that you are not single lol little young girls)

• Like 10

30 minutes ago, jaelephy said:

I see a lot of disappointment...lol that's why I am not interested in reading the novel just yet. You can never ever ever produce a novel as well as your imagination. It just isn't possible.

I don't think the disappointment with the drowning scene is based on expectations from reading the novel. I haven't read the novel at all and really didn't have any expectations. But I was still disappointed, because the way the scene was cut didn't make any sense storytelling-wise. There's no reason given as to how and why Arthit comes into the scene at all. We don't see him watching Kong, we don't see him run to the water, just jumping in out of nowhere and grabbing Kong for no reason, because... based on what we've seen, Kong has been in there less than 3 seconds... It makes no sense at all.

It's just very bad editing. So... really no connection to the novel or expectations.

• Like 11

I doubt Arthit doesn't know about the significance of the gear. He's in 3rd year and all. And he's the leader of the hazing team. I doubt any of the past hazing leaders or even his seniors  wouldn't orient him about something so important. 

Arthit probably expected to give his gear to a girl or be given a gear by a girl. Remember, he always has his guard up when around Kong because the latter seemed to enjoy teasing him. 

That's probably why Arthit asked Kong that question which lead to Kong confessing to Arthit when he stays with Kong for the night after the whole shopping thing. Arthit wanted to be sure. 

• Like 9

Why I wasn't born in Thailand ? I want to cry right now ! I want to read this novel so bad BUT I know "patience of a fujoshi is worthing" so I will wait naaaa only joking but I'm dying to see this episode 8, I read all your comments and you're killing me more hahaha but I love that xP I can't wait to see their lovely time nyyaaah they are so cute, Artit go and hug him ok ? No no there is no time ok ? I decided that you have to hug him and kiss him now mouhahaha

It's so hard to wait a week T^T I have seen their sweet time so many time that I would be abble to learn thaï xD

Also, I have read your comments for MIR and Lovesick, and I have to admit that I'm not a big fan of this two series (or the novel for Lovesick even if the novel is much good than the serie) well they can't beat SOTUS is so obvious HA HA HA

But I have one thing to tell, I found it kinda sad that the most of BL series are no real gay man, all the time is straight that one day they like each other, well I not telling that I dislike that but why ? Does that mean that real gay doesn't exists ? >3< (Mr.X and I thank you for telling that I'm wrong *-*) and Lady boy of course. If you know others you can tell me hehe

• Like 9

4 hours ago, tsoon0708 said:

Thank you so so so so sooooooo much for explaining this part. I'd been wondering what P'Dear had told Kong there. Kongs face looked so excited after hearing him explain the gear!

How come Arthit doesn't know the meaning of the gear? Does every engineering student interpret it a different way?

Maybe he knows, but anything considering Kongpope is different for Arthit (we discussed it before, right?:)). He's afraid he might leave the engineering faculty; and clearly he doesn't expect a love-confession of this messure, I guess.

• Like 5