[Thai BL Series 2016-2018] SOTUS The Series S1 & S2 พี่ว้ากตัวร้ายกับนายปีหนึ่ง

WeLoveSoompi

Ah there are so many posts that I want to reply to! This might take a while :sweatingbullets:

1 hour ago, greenfan said:

..The juniors form a human bridge and let the freshmen walk on their arms

..Kong thanks (?) Arthit; Arthit looking sad as he looks at Kong’s back

I missed that part when the episode was airing, but in the novel he tries to say sorry to Arthit there. 

26 minutes ago, yoojung9493 said:

i like how arthit so worried .. it's real , did arthit even say about jellyfish when he drag kongpop out of the water?

Yes I think that he quickly asked Kong if he was stung by a jellyfish or if he had a leg cramp. And then Kong explains that he was fine and he was just doing as Arthit said: cooling off his head. Then Arthit gets really really mad because he was sooo worried about Kong and thought that he was drowning. Kong feels bad because once again he acted without thinking and brought troubles to Arthit because of it. (I don't know Thai though so this is just based off of what I remember from the translation that I read).

26 minutes ago, tsoon0708 said:

So, I was wondering... in the novel, does Kong cry under water? Because it looks a little bit like he's crying here. Obviously there won't be any tears visible, but his face looks a bit as if he were crying, or at least about to start. Can anybody fill us in?

14 minutes ago, MaguStrates said:

It doesn't have subs yet so I have to ask...Did Kong react that way because Arthit was singing to the girls or something else? 

Kong could have atleast used the misinterpreted drowning to his advantage. He could have gone along with it so that Arthit would be giving him mouth to mouth. tsk Kong. Way to let that perfect opportunity pass. They could have had mouth to mouth and no one would have cared and you know Arthit would do that. :w00t:

I'll just put my response in the box >>

Spoiler:

Spoiler

I don't know if he cries. What seems to happen is: Kong sees Arthit over on the beach with all the girls and gets really jealous. He goes to talk to Arthit and because of his jealousy he can't control/think through what he's saying and once again he makes Arthit angry. Arthit tells him to go cool his head off in the ocean (I think.. my wording might not be totally right here! This is just what I remember). And then Kong is once again very frustrated for lashing out at Arthit, not being able to control himself, and bringing troubles to Arthit. And so he starts walking out into the ocean thinking about this the whole time. Then he starts thinking about how Arthit might actually hate him and he feels very upset about it so he decides that it might actually be a good idea to cool his head off as Arthit said. And so he decides to dive under the water. No one really notices EXCEPT ARTHIT! Arthit must have been watching Kong closely because he immediately rushes out to "save" Kong. (Again I'm not sure if I'm totally correct about all the nuances, but this is what I remember from what I've read :))

• Like 22

Correct me if I'm wrong, but drinking like what Kong and his friends did during an activity related to the school (in this case, the culmination of their initiation) is prohibited right? Was that why Arthit was pissed off at Kong or was it another reason entirely? Was he jealous or something? gah. I need to learn thai. So many questions running through my mind lol.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, cakeee said:

btw can someone explain what in the world this is hahhaah

WTF IS HE INJECTING IN HIS FACE!!! anyway im having exams starting from next week......n guess wht it means no more sotus!!! Just kidding as if!!

• Like 3

It's 1am here and I need an inspiration for my dream. But I'm sharing it with you, wonderful Sotus fans! My ever favourite Em and his unruly (to Arthit. Haha! ) best friend Kong.  Kong looking proud of Em in this photo :) Good night!

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-09%20at%201.02.2

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, Kate Kang Sunyalux said:

They added the drinking scene to the series. Lol This makes me feel like should we have a GL couple here?

Hide contents

Preapailin confessed that she doesn't like men.

Oohh ok thanks! That makes sense. I was wondering what that scene was about because it wasn't in the chapters I read :sweatingbullets: Thanks so much for the info! :) 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, MaguStrates said:

yes, that's how I interpreted the scene too. I mean he did kinda reacted leeringly when the girls wanted to take a photograph with Arthit and his friends. I'm surprised none of the girls melted on the spot because of Kong's stare. lol. 

Yeah, Kongpop sexy and jealous face.. i'm shocked to see how fast kongpop run to chase p'arthit when arthit saw they drink

• Like 7

I'm gonna go watch the Line TV version now! So I'll come back later to finish catching up on the thread. :) Oh wait but first I'll reply to this older post:

4 hours ago, originalnickname said:

(Please, for the love of god, dear people of SOTUS, don't make a season 2, let this show be great by having only one season, don't stretch out because the show is successful, just look at all the BL shows that had a second season and see how sh!tty they were..... Btw, have a bad feeling about MIR season 2, apparently it was a novel as well ? And they make a second season ? :blink:)

Yes MIR is a novel. But the difference between MIR and SOTUS is that the SOTUS novel is short enough to fit into one season while season one of MIR does not cover the entire novel. I'm not actually sure how long the MIR novel is (it hasn't been translated so I haven't read it yet :() but I'm guessing it's quite a bit longer than SOTUS. The Love Sick novel was also too long to fit into 1 season HOWEVER, season 2 definitely would have been way shorter if it had just focused on the content from the novel and not added in extra stuff. I'm hoping that MIR season 2 will follow the rest of the novel closely and I'm thinking that they will. Again, I'm not too though because I haven't read it :sweatingbullets: but I still have a feeling that season 2 of MIR will be good ^^ 

Spoiler

haha I went and checked actually. It looks like MIR is around 45 chapters?? https://writer.dek-d.com/badboyzbadboyz/story/view.php?id=865168

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, dreadaeleonkvothe said:

Ah there are so many posts that I want to reply to! This might take a while :sweatingbullets:

I missed that part when the episode was airing, but in the novel he tries to say sorry to Arthit there. 

Yes I think that he quickly asked Kong if he was stung by a jellyfish or if he had a leg cramp. And then Kong explains that he was fine and he was just doing as Arthit said: cooling off his head. Then Arthit gets really really mad because he was sooo worried about Kong and thought that he was drowning. Kong feels bad because once again he acted without thinking and brought troubles to Arthit because of it. (I don't know Thai though so this is just based off of what I remember from the translation that I read).

I'll just put my response in the box >>

Spoiler:

Hide contents

I don't know if he cries. What seems to happen is: Kong sees Arthit over on the beach with all the girls and gets really jealous. He goes to talk to Arthit and because of his jealousy he can't control/think through what he's saying and once again he makes Arthit angry. Arthit tells him to go cool his head off in the ocean (I think.. my wording might not be totally right here! This is just what I remember). And then Kong is once again very frustrated for lashing out at Arthit, not being able to control himself, and bringing troubles to Arthit. And so he starts walking out into the ocean thinking about this the whole time. Then he starts thinking about how Arthit might actually hate him and he feels very upset about it so he decides that it might actually be a good idea to cool his head off as Arthit said. And so he decides to dive under the water. No one really notices EXCEPT ARTHIT! Arthit must have been watching Kong closely because he immediately rushes out to "save" Kong. (Again I'm not sure if I'm totally correct about all the nuances, but this is what I remember from what I've read :))

Arthit so obvious.. showing that he was watching kongpop until he was the only one that realized that kongpop drowning (not actually)

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, _-Mio-_ said:

Thank you!!  Now I just need the subtitles so I can understand whats being said!  LOL

On a side note... the sound effects during the conversations are hilarious!!!

• Like 5

Ooook so lakornhit took forever to upload the video and finally I was able to see it.....

• Prem+Wad scene was a bit disappointing to me even though it was really cute, I don't see romance for now :mellow:, and I was disappointed by the preview, I thought ep.9 would be the shopping scene but it doesn't look like it, they're still at the beach.... 

• But I really enjoyed Kong+Arthit scenes, and yeah it felt like the "drowning scene" was a bit rushed but I loved the scenes where Arthit was worried, when he was angry, when he gives him the drink at the end....

• But again without the subs it's hard to understand and appreciate everything.... 

• I wonder how everyone's relationship is gonna turn out, I dunno if they're respecting the novel with this ep., I'd like to know if Prem+Wad scene in this episode was in the novel, so I can really judge if they added it to introduce romance between them or if they're respecting their relationship from the novel..... 

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, dreadaeleonkvothe said:

I'm gonna go watch the Line TV version now! So I'll come back later to finish catching up on the thread. :) Oh wait but first I'll reply to this older post:

Yes MIR is a novel. But the difference between MIR and SOTUS is that the SOTUS novel is short enough to fit into one season while season one of MIR does not cover the entire novel. I'm not actually sure how long the MIR novel is (it hasn't been translated so I haven't read it yet :() but I'm guessing it's quite a bit longer than SOTUS. The Love Sick novel was also too long to fit into 1 season HOWEVER, season 2 definitely would have been way shorter if it had just focused on the content from the novel and not added in extra stuff. I'm hoping that MIR season 2 will follow the rest of the novel closely and I'm thinking that they will. Again, I'm not too though because I haven't read it :sweatingbullets: but I still have a feeling that season 2 of MIR will be good ^^ 

Reveal hidden contents

haha I went and checked actually. It looks like MIR is around 45 chapters?? https://writer.dek-d.com/badboyzbadboyz/story/view.php?id=865168

Anyway, I didn't even like the first season so I'm not really objective here haha I thought the characters were too young, I felt like a creep watching 15 year olds talking about their sex life, and also the fact that they were too many BL pairings like wtf this doesn't happen IRL --'

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, originalnickname said:

watching 15 year olds talking about their sex life, and also the fact that they were too many BL pairings like wtf this doesn't happen IRL --'

Sadly, it does happen to kids at that age now. At their age, I was still watching cartoons but now, kids are talking about love and sex like they know stuff adults should know. Call it the generation gap. lol. 

P.S. I realize the post makes me sound older than I am. I'm only in my 20s! lol. 

• Like 11

I wondered why Kong's face was 'dirty' on the beach... now while watching on lakornhit, I guess I missed that scene, Juniors were 'putting' something (don't know what? paint?) on their faces... I want to ask, is that some kind of tradition? *curious* (Sorry for bad explanation... I'm in hurry and can't think of a better way to explain lol)

Someone already mentioned this here... but Em hiding under the towel. SO CUTE! :wub:

I still feel the same about whole scene where Kong got underwater and Arthit runs to save him... it should've been done better. But, now, seeing Arthit worried.. yelling at Kong... Arthit's face!!!

Prem/Wad... ok, maybe that will be bromance, after all. (But, still, the way Prem looks at Wad... :phew:)

29 minutes ago, vanyelstefan said:

Only part 1 is available and not part 2

When I posted it, whole episode was there... I'm sure they will update it soon with P2 :) 

'lakornhit' was late with uploading this week, really late... I thought I wouldn't watch raw episode, but I ended up watching it. Now, I need to go... see you all tmr. Good night! ^_^

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, originalnickname said:

Anyway, I didn't even like the first season so I'm not really objective here haha I thought the characters were too young, I felt like a creep watching 15 year olds talking about their sex life, and also the fact that they were too many BL pairings like wtf this doesn't happen IRL --'

So I actually like MIR and thought it was mostly cute angsty teen stuff then this week they(the official IG for the show) posted pictures of the boys on IG and I low level was like someone is going to think I am a pedophile because they have really tried to sexualize these kids in these photos. Not just quick shirts off shots but suggestive posing it was just too much when the kids are really kids in real life. 

• Like 4