[Thai BL Series 2016-2018] SOTUS The Series S1 & S2 พี่ว้ากตัวร้ายกับนายปีหนึ่ง

WeLoveSoompi

13 minutes ago, tsoon0708 said:

Aww, I get that Oak does have some stupid ideas. But don't we all have that one friend who usually comes up with the most stupid ideas? It's no reason to dislike him.

Also, to be honest, while Oak was the one who had the idea to drink and to act out the gear scene, it's at least partially Kongpop's fault as well. He didn't have to join his friends in drinking. He could have opted out or even tried to talk them out of it. And they even asked him about the scene and he said he was okay with it. I'm not sure what he expected, but regardless of how they would have acted it out, I'm pretty sure Arthit would have been upset with it either way...

So, yeah, I think the events of this episodes were really mostly there to show that Kong feels bad about the way he himself acted.

In the novel Kong is too distracted thinking about Arthit and all down and sad so he isn't paying attention during that discussion. And so he just says "okay" without paying attention to what he is saying "ok" to. I think they tried to portray him not really paying attention in the series, but it's hard because you can't hear his thoughts :sweatingbullets:

So when the play actually happened, he turned to Oak because he was genuinely surprised that they were acting that out.

• Like 10

Even in the series, Kong was distracted. Watch the scene again and you can see Kong saying "do whatever you have to do" but his mind is clearly distracted. And it's out of character for him. He usually has the bright ideas but in that particular scene, he left the planning to oak and the others without his input. He musn't have heard their idea while they were planning. That's why he was genuinely surprised..

And I'm kinda glad it was Oak who suggested it in the series and not May... if May did it, we're all gonna hate her and not be sympathetic towards her when she eventually gets heartbroken towards Kong...Not to mention that would be a total c ockblocker move : 

@delightful I don't know if you're a member in the Sotus International Fb group, but everyone says thanks for your sub. 

• Like 15

1 minute ago, MaguStrates said:

Even in the series, Kong was distracted. Watch the scene again and you can see Kong saying "do whatever you have to do" but his mind is clearly distracted. And it's out of character for him. He usually has the bright ideas but in that particular scene, he left the planning to oak and the others without his input. He musn't have heard their idea while they were planning. That's why he was genuinely surprised..

And I'm kinda glad it was Oak who suggested it in the series and not May... if May did it, we're all gonna hate her and not be sympathetic towards her when she eventually gets heartbroken towards Kong...Not to mention that would be a total c ockblocker move : 

Yeah you're right. He really does look so out of it and is behaving so different than usual in that scene. I remember seeing him during that scene before it was subbed and thinking that Singto did a really good job of showing Kong's emotional state. I just wanted to give him a hug the poor guy 16.gif ...Or maybe I should be saying that I wanted Arthit to give him a hug and cheer him up xD 

Oh yeah that makes a lot of sense! (what you said about May). Since she has feelings for Kong in the series, that really would make things more complicated and, well, everything you just said about it. 

• Like 9

33 minutes ago, dreadaeleonkvothe said:

In the novel Kong is too distracted thinking about Arthit and all down and sad so he isn't paying attention during that discussion. And so he just says "okay" without paying attention to what he is saying "ok" to. I think they tried to portray him not really paying attention in the series, but it's hard because you can't hear his thoughts :sweatingbullets:

So when the play actually happened, he turned to Oak because he was genuinely surprised that they were acting that out.

Yeah i think i read about it too.. kongpop's too distracted about p'arthit without realizing what actually happened.. maybe if the series make the thought into the series, like make him talk inside his mind maybe people who didnt read the book know about it maybe hmm

• Like 6

Hum, I didn’t want to take part in the discussion but I’m surprised by some things I’ve read.

@MaguStrates: you’re saying wife is a word of endearment from straight people's understanding of how gay relationships work ? How does a gay relationship work ? There are some gay couples where one of the guy will admit he’s playing the wife (either because he’s a bottom, or he’s effeminate or has a woman-like behavior or because he does chores). But there are also couples where they guys will refuse this label because they’re man’s man as we say and find the word insulting.

@delightful: when did the show or the novel portay Arthit as the wife ? From what I understand the author didn’t specify who’s the wife. What are the things that depict Arthit as such ? You said because we’re talking about fictional characters you can use the term  wifey on the forum but you also acknowledged that in real life you would never use this label with your friends. So because we’re discussing fictional characters it’s ok to use derogative labels that could hurt some of the members? But when we go back to the real life we’ll be all politically correct ?

This discussion hightlights something bothering me in the BL community. Between derogative terms being innocently used and the never-ending question about who’s the top/bottom I’m wondering about the demographics of fangirls/fanboys... I can’t understand why people would be this interested in knowing who’s doing who and how. When watching straight couples on tv shows, are we asking ourselves and posting on forums what are the sexual positions our pairing prefer and how often they have sex ? Many of my gay friends don’t like this question so I doubt it’s an decent topic among gays. It’s true we’re here just to have fun and unwind after a hard day at work/school but it doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try to « educate » people when we see something hurtful or inappropriate. I think @Sharan Raj and @lesbian weren’t trying to impose their opinions or saying people here are homophobic but they merely stated that the wifey term was annoying to them and some other gays. Well, I think it’s a matter of cultural differences. From where I come these terms are perceived as derogative or even homophobic depending on who’s saying them.

Anyway, let’s talk about our beloved series. Here is my thoughts on ep8 (thank you so much for the subs @delightful !).
Prem/Wad : I still don’t care about them as a couple. But I have to say they play their scenes very well. They’re so awkward and shy lol. I don’t know if it was planned for them to have this much chemistry but I think it comes mostly from Gunsmile. He’s playing Prem quite intensely, you’d think he’s infatuated with Wad. As for Wad, I don’t see a romantic interest from him, just a junior trying to be more friendly to his senior.

Prae Paling : I love how she fearlessly came out to the gang. And love how they didn’t care at all, like « oh yeah ? … Anyway, you’re so pretty ».  And May’s smile when she heard Prae wasn’t her rival... so smug. The girl is going to go crazy when she’ll know who was her real rival lol.

Arthit: He should honestly ask himself why he’s always so irritated by Kong and doesn’t want to speak with him. Yes, Kong is always teasing him but it’s often in response to something Arthit has done or said (except for last episode « I’ll wipe your tears »). He’s nice to everyone but the very sight of Kong puts him on a bad mood. And why did he have this face on the beach when Kong went to speak to him at night ? Was he only tired or maybe disappointed in Kong ? What are his thoughts at this moment ?

Kong : ok, I think I lied when I said I didn’t have a bias because more and more every day I’m falling in love with Singto ! He totally owned ep.8. He was so raw throughout the episode. I feel bad for Kong but I was mesmerized by Singto acting (and abs lol).

First, this little lips touching was random but so telling : the guy’s so in love he’s experiencing shyness when seeing Arthit. I think it’s the first time he’s not his usual self in front of Arthit.

Capturedecran2016-10-1104.26.31.md.png

Ah, the cold stab of jealousy

Capturedecran2016-10-1104.30.01.md.png

Look at his wet eyes ! He’s not even listening to his friends. We all know who he’s thinking about, he’s still shaken by Arthit’s « Go away from my face ». I bet he was up all night replaying this scene again and again. Poor Kong.

Capturedecran2016-10-1104.33.18.md.png

I’m so ready for next episode with the bus trip! Do you think we’ll have the date on the same episode ?

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, amandine said:

Hum, I didn’t want to take part in the discussion but I’m surprised by some things I’ve read.

@MaguStrates: you’re saying wife is a word of endearment from straight people's understanding of how gay relationships work ? How does a gay relationship work ? There are some gay couples where one of the guy will admit he’s playing the wife (either because he’s a bottom, or he’s effeminate or has a woman-like behavior or because he does chores). But there are also couples where they guys will refuse this label because they’re man’s man as we say and find the word insulting.

OMG. Can't you guys let this whole wife thing go? We keep running around the SAME discussions OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Yes. Just as I meant it. The WIFE term is endearment from straight people's understanding even if WE GAYS don't want labels. No one likes labels yet we label things so that we know and attempt to understand what it is and what they are for. It applies to everything in the world. 

It's an EFFING DRAMA on television. You need labels even if they aren't needed in real life. The LGBT community fights for equality and how do you even get equal rights and understanding from the uninformed homophobic straight people if you don't give a parallel between straight and gay relationships? 

It's an EFFING DRAMA, get OVER your easy to be insulted selves and enjoy the EFFING DRAMA. 

I'm even more surprised that people get offended easily about things that don't need to be offended about. 

You should be offended if they termed Arthit as the B I T C H in the relationship. Not when they endearingly call him WIFE because that's a term the straight community will understand. Why should we care what the straight community thinks and if they understand? Aren't we fighting for equality and understanding? And BL like Sotus aren't just aimed at the LGBT, there are straight women too. 

• Like 15

Yeah, I think they clearly conveyed that Kong wasn't listening when they were deciding  on the skit, but clearly to everyone else it was unnoticeable. So I don't blame them, but I just feel bad for how terrible Kong feels and for any embarrassment that Arthit feels. 

• Like 4

22 hours ago, ikkiek said:

Hide contents

Song : Ya-Pid (Poison) / cover ver. by Gunsmile

OST : War of High School.

Where is the treahd of War of high School ¿? XD 

Chapter 4 in GMM TV 

I Know all the people watch this but here is the ep. 8 ( i don't wanna to go back ONE HUNDRED Pages behind ) XD LoL 

Episode 8 Eng Sub:  http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4wtzoi_engsub-sotuss-the-series-ep-8-full_tv

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MaguStrates said:

OMG. Can't you guys let this whole wife thing go? We keep running around the SAME discussions OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Yes. Just as I meant it. The WIFE term is endearment from straight people's understanding even if WE GAYS don't want labels. No one likes labels yet we label things so that we know and attempt to understand what it is and what they are for. It applies to everything in the world. 

It's an EFFING DRAMA on television. You need labels even if they aren't needed in real life. The LGBT community fights for equality and how do you even get equal rights and understanding from the uninformed homophobic straight people if you don't give a parallel between straight and gay relationships? 

It's an EFFING DRAMA, get OVER your easy to be insulted selves and enjoy the EFFING DRAMA. 

Take a chill pill man. Your entire reply shows you didn't get it. And using caps will not add credibility to your pov. You're no authority on what gays and straight people think so don't affirm the word wife is a endearment from straight people. If WE GAYS don't want labels we shouldn't accept to use those given by other just because we want equality. To achieve equality we must make and accept parallels between sexual orientations? Don't see the reasoning in this sentence. What a laugh! And because something doesn't hurt you doesn't mean that you shouldn't be considerate to those affected by it. My, people can be insensitive...Let's stop it here.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, amandine said:

Take a chill pill man. Your entire reply shows you didn't get it. And using caps will not add credibility to your pov. You're no authority on what gays and straight people think so don't affirm the word wife is a endearment from straight people. If WE GAYS don't want labels we shouldn't accept to use those given by other just because we want equality. To achieve equality we must make and accept parallels between sexual orientations? Don't see the reasoning in this sentence. What a laugh! And because something doesn't hurt you doesn't mean that you shouldn't be considerate to those affected by it. My, people can be insensitive...Let's stop it here.

You rile up people and then say take a chill pill? how ironic. 

And You're NO authority to lead the "everything is so offensive" club. You don't speak for everyone too.

I'm glad that I'm gay and I don't take everything into offense. If you don't like how they are labelled, why are you even here? 

People aren't insensitive. YOU are oversensitive. You take offense in every little thing. Those caps are for emphasis. To emphasize my point. Wow even in capitalized letters, you take offense. 

What's laughable are people like you who think everyone and everything is against them. 

We did drop the discussion but you had to open it up again with your shallow offensive babbling. 

• Like 10

Hide contents

on Krist and Singto's first twitter-linkup + dinner date:

Translation : @kristtps

I was entrusted the geer, he is the real deal lol#SotusTheSeries #Mr.Devil Haze and Mr.first year @stijnx_maya

Spoiler

Translation : @stjinx_maya

@kanfina : I'm going to eat.

Spoiler

Translation : @LoveYoon2U

@kristtps @stjinx_maya อยู่ด้วยกันป่ะเนี่ยยย ??  / Are you together?? 

@kristtps

@LoveYoon2U @stjinx_maya Yeah lol pic.twitter.com/SnWQfJUFoe

• Like 14

Seriously? Does Krist pay someone to response to all Singto's tweets or somethin?? *LMAO* he could always response within minutes 

2 hours ago, erngust said:

thanks for the trip back to that kilig-inducing moments, @ikkiek (note: kilig = encapsulates giddiness+heart-throbbing+thrilling reflex emotions, usually like the feelings upon seeing your crush approaching)...

a bit of imposition, hope you won't mind... can you do a quick translation of the following as well?

Hide contents

on Krist and Singto's first twitter-linkup + dinner date:

Screen_Shot_2016_10_08_at_21_19_14.png

Screen_Shot_2016_10_08_at_21_07_48.png

Screen_Shot_2016_10_11_at_11_22_33.png

Seriously...does Krist pay someone to response to all Singto's tweets or somethin?? LMAO :P he never fails to response within minutes! 

Either he's such a determined stalker or he puts his smartphone on standby mode for all Singto's socmed 5555555 *THEIR FANSERVICE IS AWESOME*

• Like 7