[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

Guest yumoreo5

Thank you for the discussion. It allows all of us different viewers to share all of our different perspectives, which adds color and deep thought into this thread. :)

Before being a Crown Prince, LY is a flesh and blood man; before being a man, he is an imperfect human, full of raw feelings. I absolutely find no fault in how he treated HY in the garden. They have made it very clear that CP is not LY, LY is not CP. Thus, the whole what's my name lines.

1. I'm a woman, but if I were LY, I would have prohibited HY to come close to me, at all times, if possible, period. Why? Blame it on fate. It's not a reflection of who HY is at this point. LY is not upset at HY; she's really not that important to him at all. Thus, is why he doesn't even notice or see her in broad daylight. All of LY's current reactions towards HY are a mere reflection of who LY was born as, what responsibilities, duties, unhappy sacrifices, helpless and depressive circumstances he has lived in his whole entire life. On the throne, he slowly dies everyday as LY in order to fulfill the roaring bondags of being born as CP. And despite being robbed of his identity, he still remains useless majority of the time and can't even protect the ones he loves, as they continue to depart his side, his Mother, the puppet King, his best friend YS, his most trusted confidant BY, and now, his lover, RO. 

What more do we want from him, LY? All he's trying to do is to make the world a better place and marry the woman he truly loves. When will it be okay for him to mentally crack and break down, if not now? We have witnessed LY struggle over and over again to avoid this marriage. Thank you writers for stretching out the talks of the royal marriage for the last few episodes because it makes it extremely relatable how difficult it is for LY to go through with it. It is something that will take every cell, every atom of his entire existence to do. He literally dies from it over and over again, SO to SEE HY is not for HY herself BUT a reminder of the BS fate and life he has lived and will continue to live for the rest of his life as CP. For the rest of his days, the rest of his seconds and minutes, to thoughts and breaths, he has to live for others, his citizens, his ancestors, his country, married to a woman who doesn't make him happy, so when can he catch a breath of fresh air, if not now? Should we wait for him to regret at his death bed years and years later so that he can keep his composure and respect of being a CP because obviously, some people have issues with his blatant nature in the midst of a storm he's crawling through right now. 

Let'a stop and think, we probably feel like LY was a jerk towards HY because he's a man, a well educated royal who should be a gentleman at all times towards women. Aren't we, too, just like the red tape LY is experiencing in the government right now holding him up too highly and suffocating him with those bondages? If we were to reverse it, if HY had to marry YS, someone who she doesn't like, and he popped up at every corner, I'm sure, she would be in disgust and probably wouldn't be able to hold her mannerisms as well as LY has for the past encounters. The woman usually gets away with being true to her feelings even if that means expressing disgust or loathes the man she's betrothed to. There are little complaints, if any. I'm a woman; thus, I feel like I would have done more if I were LY. Why? Because women are allowed to express their feelings and not men or else it would be too harsh and jerk-like.

2. HY simply asked for it. Call her innocent, naive, happy go lucky, optimistic, and so forth, but she has received plenty of nice warnings from LY that he doesn't like her, doesn't want her company, and wishes to live his life separately from hers. So why oh why would HY prance around in the crown prince's garden to share the awfully bad news with him that she was chosen as the crown princess? Why would she continue to talk to him when he flat out denies her existence? 

How is YS different from HY, many have asked? For one, YS doesn't make RO uncomfortable and want to die or flee the scene like how HY makes LY feel. Let's put aside the heroic deeds YS has done for RO. YS has always been a friend RO can chit chat with as we have seen many of their under the tree conversations. RO has laughed and cried with YS, something we do with someone who we trust and have a bond with. YS is welcomed and HY is not, bottom line, everyone. 

How long will HY force her presence down our LY's throat? We have to read beyond the lines. Just because HY didn't come off rude in her guilt trip for LY walking pass her without greeting and the oh so innocent news at the garden, doesn't mean it's not done with undertones of force. HY is more aware than anyone that even as a business transaction and even for the world or to save his throne, LY would still choose not to marry her, so why can't she just let him be. Let him rest in his safe haven, his refuge?!

This is my first post but I have been reading this thread long long ago. Thank you very much to all of you!

I kept thinking and can't help but log in just to ask!

As the Korean history, CP will get married to HY, then she gave birth to a prince. 3 years later CP died, then the present King also died, CP's son will become King but all power is actually under his grandmother (i.e the PM Kim's daughter). 

My heart is broken. May I ask CAN A SERIES GO AGAINST HISTORY??? How is the ending in the web novel?

Can we have a happy ending for our lovely Park Bo Gum???

:(((((((

• Like 16

Guest charliew
40 minutes ago, nonski said:

as i was done posting earlier of pics from gurumi2016 i noticed posts on Jinyoung's hands by @JinyoungFox and @lovehbhjw2013 and i can't help but smile at how Jinyoung-obssessed we are :) 

on another note, feeling happy reading about @mellinadear's post on Bogummy's OST. :) 

okay on a serious note, i read a lot of posts critiquing Lee Young's attitude during that scene with Ha Yeon at the garden.  One thing to remember is that the Lee Young we know already had some changes in his personality/behaviour.  He is not the best-of-attitute-guy, we all saw that in many instances such as how the maids scamper at his sight, how he kicked Eunuch Sung (he deserve more than a kick, he just got it in advance), how he threw an arrow to the palace maids swooning over Kat Byun, how he would answer sarcastically to people when he needs to speak that way and so much more.  Even then I see this actions as a defense mechanism trying to show everyone that he is a no-goody person.  This is his own strategy so that the Kim clan would not be conscious of his abilities which we know he could be the most capable person. But back to his attitude, personally i do not find all of this as him being rude but just someone who can do whatever the heck he wants without minding others or its consequences. Why because he is a prince!  He can and can be what he wanted to.  It is not an excuse but aren't most royals have that same attitude.  He is more than that attitude, he is a multi-dimensional person.  Look at how he treated the child of the vegetable vendor.  How he sympatised with the poor.  He goes around the country not because he wanted to play but because it is his means to relate with his people.  I may be going way too off from the topic but be assured this is what i want to point out... Lee Young is a multi-faceted person, he can be whatever he is depending on the situation. When he was walking and did not see HY, she was offended.  I think we have to go back to the situation before that.  LY is clearly not in his best form yet given the situation.  Who had not been into that situation that you would just walk in a dazed because something is bothering you.  It is not unusual to happen and i don't think that HY had to stop him and confront him on that.  He is the prince after all.  I mean he is not immune to doing this things but by golly if he wants to he can!  The case is it is not that he intentionally passed by HY but he is in a difficult state emotionally.  I personally did not think she has the right to call him for that.  Next thing that happen was when she entered the garden and was rebuffed by LY. Again i personally think that the garden is a personal space for the prince much like the library.  A personal sanctum.  This is my impression from the very start.  Why would I presume that?  Ra On first introduced herself to LY as a girl in that place which could only mean that the place is where LY would be alone and with no maids or eunuch around. So when i saw HY there I was a bit taken aback.  Even then it is where LY returned her gift so that no one can see and that she would not be embarrassed. Seeing someone enter the place made LY imagine it to be RO.  I think he was saddened seeing HY instead of RO and that made him a bit angry thus his attitude towards her.  I do not really condone him for being that to HY but what I am trying to say is we need to understand Lee Young in this situation.  Saying to HY not to come to that place should not be taken as rudeness but it should be a clue to HY that she has intruded a private space.  She has to give space to LY because it was she who offered that in the first place, offering herself without emotional strings.  Mian for the long post and this is not intended to offend anyone.  IMO only.

Preach sister preach.. So agreed with every single words you said!! Bravo..:heart: Listen up moonlighters :blush:

Guest yumoreo5

The PD must be a perfectionist. Lol

He had doubts in the overall production, sounds like, not just our OTP. Putting our OTP aside, the storyline and script is SOLID, so he's either crazily humble or he just has very low expectations to none, so he can enjoy his work and not stress out. 

Everyone does their part. Even if it wasn't PBG or KYJ as our OTP, the solid writing is enough to create a good production. Add our PBG and KYJ and it maximizes everything to a point where PBG is LY and KYJ is RO. Our OTP needed the excellent script and the script needed our fantastic OTP. PBG needed KYJ and KYJ needed PBG. It's fate ah.

I'm so glad PBG exceeded all worries and concerns. He proved to be worthy of the support of the person or people who would not invest in the drama if it wasn't PBG. This is PBG's best role to date even though he has a few previous good roles beforehand.

As for KYJ, she proves that her presence isn't just something that can fall into the background, she shines just as brightly as PBG. KYJ as RO shows that this isn't just a drama based on LY but without RO, LY wouldn't be complete, without KYJ, PBG wouldn't be complete and vice versa. 

44 minutes ago, daynci said:

question: who is this girl? shes very pretty

Isn't she the gisaeng that appear in the begining of the drama... (Sorry... I forget which episode)

Edit:

Based on the PD's interview it is fixed there will be no hot kiss or bed scene for the main otp.... Hahaha.... So... I won't be tricked by the teaser for whatever pose they do in the pictures/preview lol

Spoiler

But...deep inside my heart still wish there will be a passionate kiss or a scene that implicitly show them together at night... In the same bed hahaha... 

Their staring contest is amazing.. But I need more skinship between these two...lol

I just don't wanna see any skinship between leeyoung and hy... Well.... My mind is going wild after watching episode 14.. And suddenly remember that based on actual historical event crown prince will have a son with hy.... I wonder whether it also happen in the webnovel... 

If lee young and raon are not meant to be together, I prefer both of them to die together... :((((

• Like 22

22 minutes ago, daynci said:

question: who is this girl? shes very pretty.

Er... Your question is really head scratching but if you really want to know... Well, that's me of course...

NOT!

She is Han Ga Rim. I googled it just for you because I'm bored and I'm still wondering...

• Like 19

49 minutes ago, yumoreo5 said:

Thank you for the discussion. It allows all of us different viewers to share all of our different perspectives, which adds color and deep thought into this thread. :)

Before being a Crown Prince, LY is a flesh and blood man; before being a man, he is an imperfect human, full of raw feelings. I absolutely find no fault in how he treated HY in the garden. They have made it very clear that CP is not LY, LY is not CP. Thus, the whole what's my name lines.

1. I'm a woman, but if I were LY, I would have prohibited HY to come close to me, at all times, if possible, period. Why? Blame it on fate. It's not a reflection of who HY is at this point. LY is not upset at HY; she's really not that important to him at all. Thus, is why he doesn't even notice or see her in broad daylight. All of LY's current reactions towards HY are a mere reflection of who LY was born as, what responsibilities, duties, unhappy sacrifices, helpless and depressive circumstances he has lived in his whole entire life. On the throne, he slowly dies everyday as LY in order to fulfill the roaring bondags of being born as CP. And despite being robbed of his identity, he still remains useless majority of the time and can't even protect the ones he loves, as they continue to depart his side, his Mother, the puppet King, his best friend YS, his most trusted confidant BY, and now, his lover, RO. 

What more do we want from him, LY? All he's trying to do is to make the world a better place and marry the woman he truly loves. When will it be okay for him to mentally crack and break down, if not now? We have witnessed LY struggle over and over again to avoid this marriage. Thank you writers for stretching out the talks of the royal marriage for the last few episodes because it makes it extremely relatable how difficult it is for LY to go through with it. It is something that will take every cell, every atom of his entire existence to do. He literally dies from it over and over again, SO to SEE HY is not for HY herself BUT a reminder of the BS fate and life he has lived and will continue to live for the rest of his life as CP. For the rest of his days, the rest of his seconds and minutes, to thoughts and breaths, he has to live for others, his citizens, his ancestors, his country, married to a woman who doesn't make him happy, so when can he catch a breath of fresh air, if not now? Should we wait for him to regret at his death bed years and years later so that he can keep his composure and respect of being a CP because obviously, some people have issues with his blatant nature in the midst of a storm he's crawling through right now. 

Let'a stop and think, we probably feel like LY was a jerk towards HY because he's a man, a well educated royal who should be a gentleman at all times towards women. Aren't we, too, just like the red tape LY is experiencing in the government right now holding him up too highly and suffocating him with those bondages? If we were to reverse it, if HY had to marry YS, someone who she doesn't like, and he popped up at every corner, I'm sure, she would be in disgust and probably wouldn't be able to hold her mannerisms as well as LY has for the past encounters. The woman usually gets away with being true to her feelings even if that means expressing disgust or loathes the man she's betrothed to. There are little complaints, if any. I'm a woman; thus, I feel like I would have done more if I were LY. Why? Because women are allowed to express their feelings and not men or else it would be too harsh and jerk-like.

2. HY simply asked for it. Call her innocent, naive, happy go lucky, optimistic, and so forth, but she has received plenty of nice warnings from LY that he doesn't like her, doesn't want her company, and wishes to live his life separately from hers. So why oh why would HY prance around in the crown prince's garden to share the awfully bad news with him that she was chosen as the crown princess? Why would she continue to talk to him when he flat out denies her existence? 

How is YS different from HY, many have asked? For one, YS doesn't make RO uncomfortable and want to die or flee the scene like how HY makes LY feel. Let's put aside the heroic deeds YS has done for RO. YS has always been a friend RO can chit chat with as we have seen many of their under the tree conversations. RO has laughed and cried with YS, something we do with someone who we trust and have a bond with. YS is welcomed and HY is not, bottom line, everyone. 

How long will HY force her presence down our LY's throat? We have to read beyond the lines. Just because HY didn't come off rude in her guilt trip for LY walking pass her without greeting and the oh so innocent news at the garden, doesn't mean it's not done with undertones of force. HY is more aware than anyone that even as a business transaction and even for the world or to save his throne, LY would still choose not to marry her, so why can't she just let him be. Let him rest in his safe haven, his refuge?!

*claps* ah...this is perhaps the most on point take on this whole CP telling HY off. *million likes for this*

• Like 18

16 minutes ago, yumoreo5 said:

The PD must be a perfectionist. Lol

He had doubts in the overall production, sounds like, not just our OTP. Putting our OTP aside, the storyline and script is SOLID, so he's either crazily humble or he just has very low expectations to none, so he can enjoy his work and not stress out. 

Everyone does their part. Even if it wasn't PBG or KYJ as our OTP, the solid writing is enough to create a good production. Add our PBG and KYJ and it maximizes everything to a point where PBG is LY and KYJ is RO. Our OTP needed the excellent script and the script needed our fantastic OTP. PBG needed KYJ and KYJ needed PBG. It's fate ah.

I'm so glad PBG exceeded all worries and concerns. He proved to be worthy of the support of the person or people who would not invest in the drama if it wasn't PBG. This is PBG's best role to date even though he has a few previous good roles beforehand.

As for KYJ, she proves that her presence isn't just something that can fall into the background, she shines just as brightly as PBG. KYJ as RO shows that this isn't just a drama based on LY but without RO, LY wouldn't be complete, without KYJ, PBG wouldn't be complete and vice versa. 

"Retweeting" this because ...it's true. The drama just wouldn't work without one of the other. Every element of it.

• Like 20

I just finished watching ep.14. Oh boy! KYJ nailed the heartbreaking scene. The separation is painful, but she hides deep inside her heart. Thanks to @lovehbhjw2013 and @nonski, your comment speaks my mind. 

I'm glad CP came and looked for RO. His face full of disbelief, furious and irresistible longing. She deserves the tight hug!

The fact that YS follow the baby princess lead makes me glad that's someone who we can trust, knowing something that can turn the table around in the future. The queen indeed is evil, how come she doesn't want to look at her baby just because she is a girl. We only have 2 weeks to go. A lot of things need to be settled down before the finale. I'm still wondering how they are going to wrap up this series. I sincerely don't have a clue.  

Not to be forgotten! Our odd couple! I'm so in loveee with this couple, princess, and Master Jung! I don't see their relationship is forceful. Flowing very smoothly. :wub:

Spoiler

Screenshot%202016-10-05%2018.22.56_zpsf8

Btw, JY hand is sooo nice and long! :wub:

Screenshot%202016-10-05%2018.24.50_zpsfc

Screenshot%202016-10-05%2018.21.36_zpsfj

Screenshot%202016-10-05%2018.10.35_zpszd

• Like 22