[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

Guest MaknaeC

Mane of Glory Recap #1

BY AMBERKMUSE

a12a50.png

MOONLIGHT DRAWN BY CLOUDS

I know, technically most of the cast don’t have manes of glory. But they’re there.  Just tucked all up, waiting to be undone.  So in my mind, this totally counts.

KMUSE: What about a messy bun of glory….. that almost counts right?

DRAMA GEEK: Oh my, Bo Gum’s messy bun in pics is funny but when you see him in action and know why he’s disheveled it’s hilarious.

KMUSE: Let’s start us off by admiring Park Bo Gum as Crown Prince Hyomyeong.  Can I just say that I am 100% in love with his intricate facial expressions.  I seriously could watch him smirk for hours.

CLKYTTA: He has such an expressive face, few actors are able to convey so much emotion just through facial expressions.  You can tell exactly what is going on just by his expressions.

DRAMA GEEK: I fell for him in I Remember You, and loved him to bits in Reply 1988. But this character  shows everything that is Park Bo Gum’s glory. He’s somewhat of a tyrant. He’s beyond cheeky. He’s a spoiled brat. He’s a sad son. I’m not going to name names but I watched a different show after this one, and the guy is doing a good job. He really is, but I have to look so hard to see what he’s thinking sometimes. Bo Gum conveys it in a flick of his eyes.

KMUSE: And since we are being a tiny bit shallow, can we also admire how sexy he looks in this deep maroon outfit?  I might be swooning as I take the screencaps.

DRAMA GEEK: Kim Yoo Jung. Oh you little imp. I was so happy when her character was just as cheeky as Bo Gum’s. Yes, she’s one of the prettiest boys I’ve ever seen, but so are Bo Gum and Jin Young. She’s been able to command screen presence from a very early age. She just has this aura about her. Her character is intelligent. Quick witted. And I bit of a rascal. The scenes with her eating or drinking with the prince are priceless. 

KMUSE: I have to admit that I am having a case of extreme hair envy.  If only my hair looked this gorgeous after being stuck up in a bun for days and having fever sweats due to a stabbing.   I swear this scene should totally be a shampoo commercial.

CLKYTTA: She’s just truly beautiful.  Seriously though, how is her hair so shiny and frizz free?

CLKYTTA: Our OTP has amazing chemistry and every interaction they have shows it. You feel the spark in all the little touches that throw each other off balance, and their back and forth bantering is so cute and feels natural.

KMUSE: One of my favorite scenes was when Prince Bo Gum and Ra On were stuck in the poop pit (UGH SO GROSS).  They just sizzled through that whole scene.

DRAMA GEEK: They have amazing chemistry in every scene. They both command screen presence and they both have great comedic timing. I can’t wait to see him fall for the eunuch that dropped him in the poop pit. His pain over loving a man will be priceless. And if the first two episodes proved anything, it will be full of laughs as well as tears for him.

DRAMA GEEK: After getting two cheeky characters in our OTP I was half expecting a very serious Jin Young to come into the story. And then he goes and turns out to be just as much as they are. Though I do think he hides a lonely darkness within. In a gender bending story there is usually one person that knows she is a he. And Jin Young’s character is very perceptive and a self proclaimed expert on the womanly form. I feel like he’ll be a much needed alley for our eunuch who doesn’t have what all the others don’t, but will still need some protection.

KMUSE:  I adore how cheesy his speech patterns are with women.  Totally over the top and flowery.  Have to admit they would probably work though.  Especially when the one saying them is this beautiful.

CLKYTTA: He is a charmer. I think that is going to be something that will cause major problems and some serious SLS later on.

CLKYTTA: Sexy Shadow is the perfect name for Guard Kim.  Where did he come from and where can I get one?  I love that he flies around like a swashbuckling pirate with his hair waving in the breeze. Speaking of hair, does anyone else want to brush the bangs out of his eyes to see him better? They do that on purpose, just to show us that he’s a bit of a rebel and unattainable.

DRAMA GEEK: I’m always a sucker for the loyal silent bodyguard. He sports the only real mane of glory, and it’s a glorious one. He really does have better hair than most women. I’m very interested in his past relationship with Jin Young’s character. Once friends, now on opposite sides of a political battle.

KMUSE:  Byung Yeon was 100% swoonworthy when he went all sexy and dangerous in episode 2.  Some guys just look really good drawing their sword.

Complete recap here https://dramaswithasideofkimchi.wordpress.com/2016/08/25/mane-of-glory-recap-1/

Talking about second lead syndrome, I think it is understandable to have that syndrome now with Jinyoung because storyline wise he already knows Kim Yoo Jung is a girl and is beginning to fall for her or at the very least intrigued. And it's always a treat to see such scene (more so when both Jinyoung and KYJ act so well). Whereas PBG still sees Kim Yoo Jung as a boy and the love line or should I say love chemistry is not out there yet. It would be weird if  PBG'S character shows love interest for KYJ who he sees as a guy this early on (because then the character is probably is just gay lol). 

Even so, even when the storyline is still now with PBG seeing KYJ as a guy we can already see glimpse of chemistry that is kept hidden whenever there is a scene with our OTP waiting for it to explode. So I really cant wait for the day when PBG finds out KYJ is a girl and falls for her. Curious to see how PBG will act out his feelings towards her but I think we wouldn't be disappointed. The chemistry will probably be explosive.  

Jinyoung's character has a really early headstart in courting the girl and hence building up the chemistry but I think PBG will catch up in his own style and hopefully proves to us that he is even better for the KYJ than Jinyoung. Lol

• Like 10

Ost 2 to be released. So that cheesy song was B1A4's contribution ok I can live with it as long as they use it at the endings from now on. ^^ Now that I noticed there is one more pop ost to be released other than these two lol it all sounds same to me.

@nataliakay I think it's not understandable it's just unavoidable ^^ We all have preferences and I'd rather have CP and Ra On get to know each other before they fall in love so their love line and natural chemistry just works for me better. Though Yoon Sung also doesn't seem to love her just yet he can still be swoon worthy  so that'll work  for others.  In any case after watching the scenes in Prime Minister's house I feel assured Yoon Sung will be fleshed out individually too and won't feel like second lead only.  ^^ 

• Like 12

B1A4's Sandeul teases for his 'Moonlight Drawn by Clouds

B1A4's Sandeul will be singing an OST for KBS2 drama 'Moonlight Drawn by Clouds'!

His OST will be titled "Swallowing My Heart", set to be a bright ending song for the drama starring B1A4's leader Jinyoung

You can listen to the full release on August 30!

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/08/b1a4s-sandeul-teases-for-his-moonlight-drawn-by-clouds-ost

• Like 15