[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

Guest MaknaeC

20160710 Kim Yoo Jung instagram update

Spoiler

13652200_1064543350304345_175489352_n.jp

Trans :

Japanese fans union 'YouJungDay'! Thank you so much I'll eat the snack well :) Always love you! The best! #HongRaOn #MoonlightDrawnByClouds ppasya!

-----------

Today, snack support for MDBC from Yoojung's japanese fanclub 'YouJungDay' finally arrived at the filming site. One of court ladies also upload a picture of her and the snack in her instagram ^^

18 hours ago, MaknaeC said:

Raon is a girl who is like a sunshine? Yes, something like that LOL. She's so cheerful (just like her name given by her grandfather 'RaOn' which means 'live cheerfully/delightfully'), smart, and beautiful. In the novel, she's a famous advisor in the town, people who don't know her real identity, her clients, etc called her by her nickname '삼놈이' (Samnomie). They call her Samnomie because s(he)'s so good in these 3 aspects: s(he) has good appearance/good looking, good at talking, and good at writing. Her way of thinking is quite interesting and this is one of reasons why Yeong was interested with her right in their first meeting. They discussed so many things and have arguments at that time since both of them come from different circumtances and environments. But at the end, Yeong said that s(he)'s an interesting person.

Despite her cheerful and cute side, this petite girl has gone through so much pain since she's the breadwinner of her family. She tried to survive not only for her but also for her sick sister (Danhee) and her old mother. The reason why she decided to entered the palace is also because of this. One day, her sick sister needs big amount of money because of her illness, so she agreed to sign the 3 years contract to entered the palace as an eunuch in order to get the money in advance (promise from the senior eunuch who courted her to the palace). It's not easy to live in the palace, sometimes she wants to escape from that place but when she remembered about the 3 years contract and her family, she decided to survive in the palace no matter what. Hong Ra On is indeed a cheerful and strong girl.

Thanks for the information, @MaknaeC! Smart, beautiful and ball of sunshine? It's no wonder Lee Yeong (and all the other guys) fell for her. I bet s(he)'s popular with the ladies too. ^^ 

I find the "choosing to be an eunuch" thing very interesting. Choosing to be an eunuch is life changing for people back then because in exchange for connections and money, one is sacrificing so much because of that one requirement to being an eunuch: castration. In fact, in the olden times, many died before being declared an eunuch because of the method they were required to go through. It is a life changing decision, and one cannot just turn back to being a normal person afterwards because of the weight of the sacrifice. This is why I find it interesting that the writer chose Raon to be an eunuch, and not say - a palace guard - to push the plot along in the palace. I hope the writer will not ignore facts and treat the situation as if an eunuch doesn't have go through that. I actually already have thought of several scenes in my head of Raon trying to circumvent it...  I think that in itself makes for a very interesting scene.

When I first learned of Yoojung being casted as a cross-dressing eunuch, I had a talk with my sister about it. Despite the initial complaints of others that Yoojung is too young, my sister actually said that Yoojung can be believable in her character because unlike many eunuchs in Korean dramas, real-life eunuchs of the past tend to have less masculine characteristics given that often, they were castrated before reaching puberty. This is why she preferred the characterization of the eunuch in Nirvana in Fire (high pitched voice, effeminate) to that of typical kdrama eunuchs and this is also why I never really cared about the complaints of Yoojung looking too feminine (although the information that she's supposed to be too pretty to be a boy also helps. lol).

Anyway, I hope the writing will be solid enough to stand against whatever drama critics will throw against them. I know this is supposed to be fiction, but I hope they still built it based on common facts. Still optimistic and wishing for good things to happen for this drama. Gureumi fighting!

Edit: She looks so, so cuuuute!!! Thanks for the update and translation!!!

• Like 10

Pictures from the set... 

They were shooting a scene at a pavilion?

Edit: The IG accounts took down some of the pics so I'll post pics of Lee Junhyeok instead...

I guess he's the eunuch in charge of Lee Yeong? I just cannot wait for their antics together. :w00t:

• Like 9

I am freakin' cracking up!!! :D My gosh, this is one of the most unique way to promote a drama, nevermind a sageuk. Completely hit me from the left field, my jaw is still on the floor. Bogum and Junhyeok looked like they were having too much fun, I wanna join them. Lol.  Epic. Just E.P.I.C.

Wish they'll do another flash mob too with Yoojung for the 2nd time.

If this is for the first teaser, will we get it within the week? Early next week perhaps? I. Am. So. Excited. I know this flash mob has nothing to do with the plot, but this will surely get people's attention and will likely increase public interest in the drama.  :w00t:

• Like 13

I almost couldn't stop laughing as I watched their dancing video. LOL I didn't know back then PBG could be that energetic. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

But I don't know~ I find it a little weird now. :blink: I hope it has nothing to do with teaser video. Hopefully it's just another way to promote the series just like that illustration contest. :)

• Like 8

Now I just need to see more of Hong Ra On (especially in girl's clothing) and Chae Soo Bin's character stills. I feel like I can't wait any longer by seeing fanpics and fanvids spreading on twitter every single day. So KBS please release a teaser video soon.. :rolleyes:

• Like 5

They are indeed filming. It's no ordinary flash mob. B)

@gummymybear I agree that we should also get a teaser that is actually about the plot itself. This is too fun though. It's probably just part of the promo. I don't know how to feel if they're gonna dance like that in the drama. :lol: I am kinda confused, but excited nonetheless.

Edit: They'll release the teaser on Friday, July 15!!! Wow. And they also used the same music in the flash mob for the short clip posted on the official IG account. I guess the flash mob video is likely going to be the teaser that they'll release on Friday?

• Like 10

Guest MaknaeC

I can't stop laughing. I didn't see this coming, especially for a SAGEUK! I say it's a smart and fresh way to promote this drama.

The song is Bomba by Jessy Matador and it came out in Kang Dong Won and Hwang Jung Min's hit movie 'Violent Prosecutor' earlier this year (total admissions over 9 million). The video of Kang Dong Won dancing to this song also became viral and hit over 1 million views in naver.

This is Kang Dong Won's version if anyone wanna see (youtube ver)

Spoiler

So yes, using a viral song and dance, moreover wearing Joseon attire, it's a super smart way to promote this drama. Unexpected but brilliant. Also, it's not completely out of context since we know that CP Hyomyeong really loved to dance. If CP Hyomyeong lived in this era most likely he would become a contemporary dance creator :)

I'm glad that we can see CP and Eunuch Jang (Lee Jun Hyeok)'s interaction, their chemistry is love. PBG seems so happy and enjoying his performance and as expected from happy virus Lee Jun Hyeok. With this teaser I can rest assured that the actual drama will also contain and adapting comical scenes from the original novel. I'm so hype! Can't wait for July 15th, the first teaser! Hope we can see Raon too in the first teaser ^^

Thank you @iamia and @onlysb1 for the update. I just saw the video and I love Yeong & Jang Nae Kwan's interaction hehe :wub::D  Yeah, I think I'll take what I can get. But hopefully KYJ will be included in the first teaser^^ Get ready for July 15th~! Moonlight fighting!

By the way, what should we call ourself as MDBC fans? Doctors' fans called themself as 'patient'. Haha sorry, ignore me, I'm just too happy with MDBC updates today^^

• Like 11

Hahah. Let me join the fun too. 

I am literally rolling on the floor. This one just threw me off guard. Bo gum's got S-W-A-G

Those shades with the joseon era attire pfft. It's just recently that ve started following PBG so this one came as a total surprise... totally different side to him for me at least . So cute and dancing like there is no tomo:lol::lol::lol: above that bo gum's and jun hyeok's very own duet takes the cake. Can't wait to see their equation in the show bwahaha.

Definitely a very smart and quirky way to promote the show

• Like 14