Discussion | SOOMPIERS IN PARADISE: SHIPPERS' CONTEST 2016

akinahana89

11 hours ago, blame2pm said:

Hi @akinahana89.... So just wanna re-check, the staff picks are only done in the final round then, while the first three rounds are votes based?   

Yes, only final winners in the last round will involve staff picks. The first three rounds will be determined by public votes.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HI TO THE MODERATORS,

1. Round 1 - 3 will be selected based on public votes, out of 11 teams. How many teams will make it to round 2 and 3?

2. Even Non Soompiers can vote. Please confirm if it's only possible for Soompiers with google/gmail account or Facebook account? Or it's totally open, public can vote even when they don't have gmail or facebook.? Please advide, thank you. 

1 hour ago, KalyanaV said:

HI TO THE MODERATORS,

1. Round 1 - 3 will be selected based on public votes, out of 11 teams. How many teams will make it to round 2 and 3?

2. Even Non Soompiers can vote. Please confirm if it's only possible for Soompiers with google/gmail account or Facebook account? Or it's totally open, public can vote even when they don't have gmail or facebook.? Please advide, thank you. 

1. At the moment, there will be one elimination per round until the final round. However, this will be subject to change depending on any unusual or special circumstances that may occur for the duration of the contest.

2. The voting will be open to the public for anyone who has access to the article with the voting poll. The article will be shared on Soompi's Twitter and Facebook, as well as the main page itself.

A N N O U N C E M E N T

All participants are allowed a two sentence maximum explanation of your smash poem in Round One.

Additionally, repetitive use of your smash letter set to create extra stanzas in your poem is also allowed; however, please limit your poem to no more than three stanzas.

Hello! For the pictures/gifs that can be included with the intro for decorative purposes, does one picture = exactly one scene? Or may we combine three separate pictures of three different scenes into one jpg file and have that be counted as just one picture? Thank you. :) 

19 hours ago, akinahana89 said:

A N N O U N C E M E N T

All participants are allowed a two sentence maximum explanation of your smash poem in Round One.

Additionally, repetitive use of your smash letter set to create extra stanzas in your poem is also allowed; however, please limit your poem to no more than three stanzas.

so we could add another set after the first set? and we only allowed to use the same set?

for example: we use "grgtgkcbbydgtle" and then add the same line  "grgtgkcbbydgtle" to extend the poem. this is allowed until 3 repetition.

but we're not allowed to add another set, for example we use "grgtgkcbbydgtle" then add a different line "hppgssyicewcicp" to extend the poem, This one is not allowed.

do i understand it correctly?

6 hours ago, balladblue said:

Hello! For the pictures/gifs that can be included with the intro for decorative purposes, does one picture = exactly one scene? Or may we combine three separate pictures of three different scenes into one jpg file and have that be counted as just one picture? Thank you. :) 

Yes, you may combine images to make one picture.

4 hours ago, t4ol33 said:

so we could add another set after the first set? and we only allowed to use the same set?

for example: we use "grgtgkcbbydgtle" and then add the same line  "grgtgkcbbydgtle" to extend the poem. this is allowed until 3 repetition.

but we're not allowed to add another set, for example we use "grgtgkcbbydgtle" then add a different line "hppgssyicewcicp" to extend the poem, This one is not allowed.

do i understand it correctly?

Exactly! ^^

HELLO TO THE MODERATORS,

We would like to ask if we are allowed to put credits to the fans whose been working hard to make the entry piece for the contest? Like, put their soompi id on top or at the bottom of the entry? Please confirm, thank you. 

On February 20, 2016 at 5:57 PM, Aileen4ever said:

@akinahana89 Hello there!

Will like to ask if for Round 1 the smash poetry is included in the introduction or it will be submitted in a different way. Thanks in advance for your answer.  :)

You can submit the introduction and the smash poem one right after the other in one post. 

23 hours ago, GrandPoohBear said:

Hello.  My question: are the quotes counted towards the 3-paragraph requirement or can they be place separate from the body of the introduction?

Thank you.

The quotes you include will count towards the three paragraph maximum. 

3 hours ago, b8l8 said:

hi. can we submit the entry in  jpeg format? thanks!

Text is preferred, but we will allow the entry to be submitted via jpeg format. Maximum dimension allowed is 1000 x 1000 pixels.

3 hours ago, KalyanaV said:

HELLO TO THE MODERATORS,

We would like to ask if we are allowed to put credits to the fans whose been working hard to make the entry piece for the contest? Like, put their soompi id on top or at the bottom of the entry? Please confirm, thank you. 

At the bottom of the entry in font size 8 to 10 will be fine to give creative credit to the members involved. If it's to ensure that the members will be able to claim the prize if your ship wins, then it won't be necessary as that will be a different process altogether. 

10 minutes ago, akinahana89 said:

At the bottom of the entry in font size 8 to 10 will be fine to give creative credit to the members involved. If it's to ensure that the members will be able to claim the prize if your ship wins, then it won't be necessary as that will be a different process altogether. 

Dear Moderator, I have just submitted our team's entry in Round 1 contest thread, before I read this explanation. I put credit for the contributiors at the bottom of our entry, but it's with normal size, not 8'or 10 pt. Should I edit the size of the credit text, to comply with this rule? I actually don't think the text size is big, but please kindly check and comment if edit is necessary. Thank you. 

1 hour ago, KalyanaV said:

Dear Moderator, I have just submitted our team's entry in Round 1 contest thread, before I read this explanation. I put credit for the contributiors at the bottom of our entry, but it's with normal size, not 8'or 10 pt. Should I edit the size of the credit text, to comply with this rule? I actually don't think the text size is big, but please kindly check and comment if edit is necessary. Thank you. 

The way you have it is fine, since the tagging system is fixed at the default font size. ^^ 

11 hours ago, ReemKanabta said:

Dear lovely moderators, can we compile a (his quote VS her quote) and consider it a one quote all together????

As long as you don't surpass the three paragraph maximum and you can fulfill all the other requirements of Part One within that paragraph limit, then that will be acceptable.

14 hours ago, GrandPoohBear said:

@akinahana89 Hi.  I want to be sure so not to be left unclear about this: "end of day" deadline means submission is done by 11:59pm on the day of, correct?  Thank you.

Exactly. Thanks! ^^

9 hours ago, androkia91 said:

Hello,

I had a question on the quotes. So, does that mean 1 quote = 1 paragraph?

We have included our quotes to mean to be the titles/first lines of each of our paragraphs right now. is hat okay?

If the quotes are used as titles or first lines of a paragraph, then that will be fine.

Archived