Which K-pop comeback/debut failed to live up to your expectations?

Guest TeamSOOMPI

Guest TeamSOOMPI

It's Friday! Kick back with a drink, settle yourself for a relaxing evening at the keyboard, and tell the world about your personal K-pop experiences and feelings.

This week, we're here to ask:

forum-friday.png.2ca6329f9db55624d2dd22d

Let's be honest. Very few artists and groups put out 100% all-kills, and even for those who do, sometimes they just don't resonate with you on a personal level. (Sometimes you just don't feel a certain song or a new concept. Sometimes the dances or styling are awkward af. Sometimes you just don't know what it is, but the sum is less than the total of its parts.) Which K-pop comeback or debut that you anticipated heavily failed to live up to your expectations in the end?

HM this is a tough one. 

I think TEEN TOP's comeback was a huge disappointment. They're known for their catchy songs and I'm not quite sure why they would deviate from a style that has consistently worked for them! "Warning Sign" is fine but just fine - I listened to it TWICE but couldn't get into it. In fact, I disliked it more on the second listen. They're winning music shows because of luck right now - no one else major was competing with them this week. 

I hope they can make a comeback with more of their quality dance tracks next time....

Another big one for me was B1A4. I'm not a big TEEN TOP fan, but I do really love B1A4 and "Sweet Girl" was a complete snooze fest for me. I want to like it. I still try to listen to it. But, every time it comes on shuffle, I skip it. Every. Single. Time. B1A4 is a young group, their fans are young, they debuted with an adorably up-beat JAM so I'm really not sure why turning towards such a slow and, dare I say it, greasy song was the move they made. 

Unpopular opinion: I'd like to give Jinyoung a break from penning their title tracks. Just for the next album. 

It is not that I didn't like the comeback, but it was kind of disappointing getting a dance video instead of a really cool MV with a huge plot answering all fans' theories; I'm talking about Call Me Baby. I know #PathcodeEXO it was just used to promote the whole album, but I kept my hopes high wishing SM would at least release an MV with some edited scenes from the teasers to create EL DORADO music video o anything like that... /sigh/

teen top's warning sign was a let down, their chorus dun even sound like a chorus.

vav, the new boy group, i thought the concept was awesome but their song is just messy.

vixx's chained up didn't hv tat vibe that they usually hv n the song was the cause of it, but overall listenable.

For me. iKON disappoints me a little. I've waited for them for a very long time. i even beg to Yang Hyun Suk sajangnim in IG. I watched WIN and M&M and all the DVDs they have. I love all the songs they composed, arranged and performed in the two shows so i expected a lot for their debut and songs. but it came out that long time no see, sinosijak, wait for me, climax and other past songs are even better than their songs in welcome back album. and also, i feel sorry for Chanwoo. almost 1 line per song. i want to hear his voice a lot but his lines are very short. T.T i also expected that they will include one or more WIN or M&M songs in their album like WINNER, even though their Japanese album includes those songs. i really love iKON.. and i know they're very talented. it's just what i see. Lastly.. I want JINHWAN to change his hair. Just like his hair when they performed Long Time No See! <3

• Guest unpinned this topic

Archived