[Official] Yoo Shi Jin - Kang Mo Yeon

twtwb

I guess his answer could be interpreted the other way---it is only a rumor, and that's it, and the grounded part of me, says that's a very logical response. But seriously, why not just say, "No, there's no truth to the rumor"?! :) Hehehe. So, yeah, I just consider his answer more of a brush-off, and like others said, if down the line he and Song Hye Kyo do decide to make an official announcement about their dating status, then, people would have already been eased into it because they know they've been a part of these group gatherings.

• Replies 36.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@angieknows_11 That is true. The devil is in the details. The fact that he did not call her noona is quite telling, especially in their culture, where even with a 1-year age gap, a person is inclined to call someone noona or hyung, whichever the case, but correct me if I am wrong. I absolutely love that he does not call her noona. When a guy uses noona, it kinda creates a wall, in my opinion. And if indeed he brushed off the dating question, I am 99% sure that they are together. Ha! Freaking delusional right now. :wub: 

Since my stream is super laggy, I'll just do a detailed translation of the interview from the start to the bit about choosing between the characters. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT MY KOREAN TRANSLATIONS MAY NOT BE THE BEST...LOL

Male Anchor:                           On the 9 o clock new, Actor Song Joong Ki is the first celebrity/actor to ever appear

SJK:                                         Firstly, it is a great honour. For me as well since the start of the drama airing this happens to be the first interview that I'm doing.

Male Anchor:                            Thank you so much.

SJK:                                        Thank you so much

Female Anchor:                         Giggling.

Female Anchor:                      You have arisen as THE Hallyu Star, how do you feel?

SJK :                                  I'm shy/embarassed, I don't know if I am deserving but these days I am very happy/grateful. Thank you

Male Anchor:                   Your dialogue should I confess or apologise? Could you explain it a bit more.

SJK:                                 ( I didn't understand this bit completely  so I won't translate it )

Male Anchor:                         The ratings have reached 30% and now on internet sites Song-Song couple is a trend, (then something which hints at dating rumours)

SJK:                                      The drama team meets for meals, SHK-shi is also present at such meals. I think because of the immense popularity of the show that people are          

showing such interest and (then this is difficult for me to translate but he said something like they're enjoying the interest?).

Female Anchor:                   If SJK had to pick between the character KMY played by SHK or the character YMJ played by JiWon whom would he choose?

SJK:                                     I didn't expect to receive such a question on this news channel. Whatever it is since I have more scenes with KMY, if I  

don't pick KMY won't someone be annoyed/angry/irritated.

Male anchor:                       So in that case it's KMY?

SJK:                                  Yes, most definitely KMY.

Abt the runour - He said because the drama is popular and the characters  are loving in the drama.. that is why people will have that idea.  Anyway, he is ' enjoying ' it .. ( half joking manner ) , adter which he laughed  - he didn't deny it people :phew:

And he also said he's feeling very happy lately..

And he called her SHK shi

And when asked to choose between kmy and ymy. . He said because he has more emotional scenes with kmy. . She would be angry if he didn't choose her..

My feeble attempts at translating from weibo .. over 

3 minutes ago, joongkyo said:

Since my stream is super laggy, I'll just do a detailed translation of the interview from the start to the bit about choosing between the characters.

Male Anchor:                           On the 9 o clock new, Actor Song Joong Ki is the first celebrity/actor to ever appear

SJK:                                         Firstly, it is a great honour. For me as well since the start of the drama airing this happens to be the first interview that I'm doing.

Male Anchor:                            Thank you so much.

SJK:                                        Thank you so much

Female Anchor:                         Giggling.

Female Anchor:                      You have arisen as THE Hallyu Star, how do you feel?

SJK :                                  I'm shy/embarassed, I don't know if I am deserving but these days I am very happy/grateful. Thank you

Male Anchor:                   Your dialogue should I confess or apologise? Could you explain it a bit more.

SJK:                                 ( I didn't understand this bit completely  so I won't translate it )

Male Anchor:                         The ratings have reached 30% and now on internet sites Song-Song couple is a trend, (then something which hints at dating rumours)

SJK:                                      The drama team meets for meals, SHK-shi is also present at such meals. I think because of the immense popularity of the show that people are          

showing such interest and (then this is difficult for me to translate but he said something like they're enjoying the interest?).

Female Anchor:                   If SJK had to pick between the character KMY played by SHK or the character YMJ played by JiWon whom would he choose?

SJK:                                     I didn't expect to receive such a question on this news channel. Whatever it is since I have more scenes with KMY, if I don't pick KMY won't someone 

be annoyed/angry/irritated.

Male anchor:                       So in that case it's KMY?

SJK:                                  Yes, most definitely KMY.

I love this answer!!!!!! Thanks for transcribing @joongkyo and I am with you people...it doesn't seem like he denied it...he brushed it off but his answer has sense too...but categorically speaking...he didn't confirm nor deny.

3 minutes ago, joongkyo said:

Thanks @applegirl2 , looks like I my Korean isn't so bad after all!.

@Jalhanda yes, I feel like a genius right now. All the drama watching has finally come to use, yay!!... I'm so happy that I got 99% of the interview correct...keke

Chuka haeyo chingu...we are certainly at our best when it comes to Song Song...but really the best part is...that interview made us all happy and  not worrisome on whatever status they have now.

On March 30, Song Joong Ki appeared on KBS news program 'News9' and talked about dating rumors. He said, "I think the dating rumors started because people love the drama," referring to his love line with Song Hye Kyo on 'Descendants of the Sun'. Song Joong Ki continued, "These days, the drama team eats out a lot together, and that sort of talk is like a snack I have with Song Hye Kyo. That kind of response comes because people love the drama. I'm enjoying it."

I found another translation on IG..idk if it's okay for me to post it here. if it's not..pls let me know. :)

cr : descendants_of_the_sun___ IG

@joongkyo Isn't his answer almost similar to his agency's? Felt like it was scripted lol. Probably it's just me..hehe. 

1 hour ago, leedonghaek said:

On March 30, Song Joong Ki appeared on KBS news program 'News9' and talked about dating rumors. He said, "I think the dating rumors started because people love the drama," referring to his love line with Song Hye Kyo on 'Descendants of the Sun'. Song Joong Ki continued, "These days, the drama team eats out a lot together, and that sort of talk is like a snack I have with Song Hye Kyo. That kind of response comes because people love the drama. I'm enjoying it."

I found another translation on IG..idk if it's okay for me to post it here. if it's not..pls let me know. :)

cr : descendants_of_the_sun___ IG

If that was a "No" as to the veracity of the dating rumors, then, his response is the longest and circuitous way to a "No," and even then, he did not say "No." LOL. I have to say, I'm having fun analyzing his words. 

@joongkyo and @applegirl2, thanks for your translations.  Here is a bit more detailed translation from weibo:

When asked about the dating rumors between SJK and SHK, SJK replied "probably it's because the cast has often been eating together recently, plus in the the drama we are very much in love so that's why everyone thinks of it that way.  I had quite enjoyed it", he laughed after saying that.  So yeah, definitely not denying the rumors :lol:

They are so freaking cute together.  I think SJK is not acting at all when he smiled at her ^_^

4d8e7cb7jw1f2f7ahbv9mg20ah05v4qu.gif

3 minutes ago, angieknows_11 said:

If that was a "No" to the veracity of the dating rumors, then, his response is the longest and circuitous way to a "No," and even then, he did not say "No." LOL. I have to say, I'm having fun analyzing his words.

For me the catch there is the last phrase  "I'm enjoying it"....HA! Nuff said!

21 minutes ago, angieknows_11 said:

If that was a "No" to the veracity of the dating rumors, then, his response is the longest and circuitous way to a "No," and even then, he did not say "No." LOL. I have to say, I'm having fun analyzing his words. 

If that was a law school class recitation, the professor would have shouted at him, "Your answer is not responsive!" :phew: Ha! It was indeed circuitous, and beating around the bush, and yeah, there was not any denial in his answer, in my opinion. But I do want to know what the exact question was, whether he was asked if the dating rumour was true, or just asked to comment on the dating rumour, because if it was the latter, then I guess, his answer was responsive after all. Lol. I agree, his response is the kind that really fuels shippers hearts. I think more pages of this thread will be dedicated to just analysing his response. Hahaha. 

@larienssi Ah, good point! I would like to know, too, if he was asked to confirm the dating rumors or simply offer his thoughts about why the rumors arose, but it seems according to @joongkyo's transcription, the news anchor hinted at the dating rumors since Song-Song is popularly trending. Hehe. I hope someone could verify the anchor's question.

I'd just like to draw attention to a few things : 

1. The fact that SJK did not use the age old cliched line "We're just good friends (Colleagues)".

2. By referring to them eating together, it seems like he's telling us not to be surprised if they are to be seen eating together again?

3. He said they're enjoying the interest, which means that he's not angry at the speculation. In fact that statement of his is like telling us to go ahead and ship the two of them in real life - because y'know , he's enjoying it.

4. I really liked the way he answers the question about choosing between KMY and YMJ, he didn't say any names (but we all know what he meant) when he said that someone would be upset if he didn't choose them. It was really cute!.

OR, am I being delulu?

I had to come out of my cave and say that SJK is probably one of the most PR savvy stars out there. I've been following him since SSK days and his responses to media never fails to amuse me. If anyone can troll the media, it's him. This man has skills and SHK needs someone like him to protect her. Ok---back to my silent reading cave. 

Archived